Sorting Rows by Color

Excel 2003: Is there a way to sort rows by color? Put all
the blue rows together, all the green together, etc?
0
anonymous (74732)

There is but you need to work it.

Take a look at
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#sorting

--

HTH

RP

"SharonJo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Excel 2003: Is there a way to sort rows by color? Put all
> the blue rows together, all the green together, etc?

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

Where's the Sort by New Message option?

How to sort account list?

Sorting

Color documents are printing in black and white only. Why?
I've recently upgraded to the newest Publisher version and I hate it. I have been unable to print any document in color...no matter what it looks like on screen, in a print preview, and when I print, it is in greyscale/black and white. Help! Check your settings within the printer setup. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Bobbyesox" <Bobbyesox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDE46E92-EC6D-40F2-8244-FA71F7C4D275@microsoft.com... > I've recently upgraded to the newest Pub...

Row/Column labels not displayed.
Hi I'm using Excel 2002 A spreadsheet I've been given to use only displays the row/column labels upto 73/X respectively. I've never seen this before. Any ideas how I can set this up? TIA Dave F. Further to my previous mail, the movement of the selected cell by using the cursor or clickin/dragging "Dave F." <df@bh.cv.fg> wrote in message news:OzcDG$60EHA.3364@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi > I'm using Excel 2002 > > A spreadsheet I've been given to use only displays the row/column labels > upto 73/X respectively. > > I've never s...

Can I convert a column into a row?
Excel Question. I simply want to convert a column of figures [each in different cells] into a row with a similar number of cells. Must be simple, but can't seem to find how to do it. Thanks for any replies, guys!! Select the cells in the column you want to paste in the row. copy (control C). Select the same number of cells in a row, click Edit > Paste Special. Select transpose. Click ok. - Mangesh "Lenworth" <Lenworth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBEBCC94-3B52-46D1-934C-224E3C234E6B@microsoft.com... > Excel Question. I simply want to convert ...

Row names will not move with sort

sorts not sorting

import- number- sort?

insert row
the following copies 2 source books to destination sheets and repeats macro coping to next line in destination. how would i copy the source headings A1 to F2 at A1 the first time and insert a row at end of data copy loop. then on the next macro loop copy headings after inserted row. sub copy() With newWks LastRow = .Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row End With For i = 1 To LastRow With TestOldWks Set destCell = .Range("a" & _ .Cells(.Rows.count, "C").End(xlUp).Row +1) old...

Pivot Table
Hi! What is the maximum rows allowed in a data range when using a pivot table? I have a pivot table that uses a data range. When I have only 4581 records in the data range, the pivot table updates with no problems. But, when entering more than 4581, the pivot table won't update and gives me an error. Am I hitting the max on data rows within my data range or is there a work-around. Thanks!! dmotika The following MSKB articles outline PivotTable limitations for different versions of Excel: XL2000: Limits of PivotTables in Microsoft Excel 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/de...

sorting macro #3

A validation of all cells in a row
I am trying to validate all cells in a row so the user can not go to the next row with out having an entry in each cell in the row. If a cell is left blank, I would like an error message to appear and the user returned to the row that wasn't fully entered. We are doing this on a worksheet. thanks If it's possible at all, it would require a VBA macro. And it would certainly not be very reliable. Perhaps a better approach is to do all of your data validation when the file is closed. But even that isn't very reliable. John Walkenbach For Excel tips, macros, & downloads.....

Sorting checking register

Unmerge so I can sort
I coy/pasted data into Excell and when I try to sort it I get "This operation requires merged sells to be identically sized". I understadn the work around in KB but how do I find which sells are merged? I wouldn't bother looking. I'd just remove all the merged cells from the range to sort. Select that range format|cells|alignment tab uncheck the merge cells box But if you wanted to search, you can do it via process of elimination. Select a range, format|cells|alignment tab. If that merge cells box is checked, then the whole selection is merged. If it's grey, t...

sorting issue
Hi, When a range of columns are highlighted and a sort is performed on only one column empty cells above the sort display first. How can this be prevented. I know when there is data in any of the other column but not on the column being sorted this will happen. Any thoughts? Pat Are you sure the cells are really empty? They don't contain spaces or even formulas that evaluate to "". (Even formulas converted to values that returned "")? Pat wrote: > > Hi, > > When a range of columns are highlighted and a sort is performed on only one > column em...

Sort not sorting all rows
I'm using Excel 2000. have created a document, uploaded it to google docs and spreadsheets, exported it as a doc, converted it to a spreadsheet (excel) and uploaded it again to google docs. It's not a complicated file - no calculations or anything, just a simple log to enable us to collaborate on change requests and website faults. New requests are assigned a number incrementally one higher than the previous. So we need to sort on the Log number column to see what the last logged number was. However, it sorts most of the spreadsheet and leaves the same 5 rows unsorted at the...

Sort date by day and not year
Need to sort birthdates by month and day; ignore year. Ex: Would like to sort like list below: 3/02/1997 3/15/2002 3/21/1996 Not like this: 3/21/1996 3/02/1997 3/15/2002 Please help and thank you for your help. Kathy Hi one way: - add an additional helper column (lets ay B) - insert the following formula in B1 (if column A stores your list): =MONTH(A1) - copy this formula for all rows - sort with this helper column -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Kathy wrote: > Need to sort birthdates by month and day; ignore year. > > Ex: > Would like to sort like list below: >...

Sort and exclude certain words
Hi ... I work in a public library and frequently export lists of books from our online catalog to Excel, so that I can manipulate the data in various ways. My problem in sorting in Excel is this: Our library catalog excludes words like "The" "A" or "An" at the beginning of a title when sorting. Excel, however, does not. Is there any way I can sort on a field in Excel and have it ignore certain words at the beginning of a string? Thanks! -- jds217 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jds217's Profile: http://www.exc...

Not sorting as expected
I have a database some 10 columns wide and 1200 rows deep. When I sort by one particular column it sorts BLANKS before text meaning that the data appears at the bottom of the database although still in alphabetical order. I have the formatting set to GENERAL for the whole column and do want the blank cells. None of the other columns do this. I am totally perplexed as I thought Excel sorted blanks nearer the end of it's priority. I have tried formatting the column to TEXT and even NUMBER also but it still makes the data appear at the bottom of the table. This doesn't make any se...

Formula from consecutive rows to alternate rows?
I have a worksheet with data in consecutive rows. I have another worksheet into which I want to insert a formula on every second row, but referring to each consecutive row in the first worksheet. For example, on Worksheet 1, in column A: Row 1: 123 Row 2: 456 Row 3: 789 etc On Worksheet 2 I want to show: Row 1: ='Worksheet 1'!A1 Row 2: Row 3: ='Worksheet 2'!A2 Row 4: Row 5: ='Worksheet 3'!A3 How do I copy the above formula down? In Sheet2 cell A1 copy th ebelow formula and copy down as required =IF(MOD(ROW(),2)=1,INDEX(Sheet1!A:A,CEILING...

sort without the sort button
Hi all. I have a table of strings that I have concatenated from several dro down lists. I now need to sort this data into a single column alphabetically and list all unique entries along with a percentage. I think I can do the listing unique entries etc. if I can just sort ou the problem I am having with sorting a column alphabetically. The problem is that I want to be able to use cell formulas to do th sorting as I want the sheet 'idiot proof'. The only user intervention want is for them to initially select the data they use from the dro down lists. I can do this using macro'...

HOw to Add Custom Color
Hello All! I have some queries related to MFC PropertySheet and page. Please somebody provide me useful pointer or help towards this #1 I want to know how to add custom Skin or Color to Dialog Box Title Bar #2 How to get ID of BACK,NEXT and FINISH button in MFC Based Wizard (my custom) because I want to change default look of these button or rather say I want to add color to these button. Thanks >#1 I want to know how to add custom Skin >or Color to Dialog Box Title Bar Playing with Non-client area! well there are some sample at http://www.codeproject.com , I thin...