Sorting Question #9

I have two columns of data that I want to match up. The
problem is that one of the columns has less data than the
other. I want the cells to line up when they equal the
same number. Some of the cells will not have an equal
though. I know that I can sort both columns, but the data
will not line up because one of the columns has less data
than the other. I can do an insert to push the data down
so that it lines up, but that is time consuming.

Thank you.
Tim
0
anonymous (74717)

Here's one solution: a list of numbers- I used 1 thru 10- in A1:A10.  A
second, shorter list of numbers in C1:C3.  I wrote the following
formula in E1 and copied it thru E10:
=IF((ISERROR(MATCH(A1,$C$1:$C$3,0))),"",A1)
This does not require the lists to be sorted.

Will that do it for you?

0
CycleZen (674)

POP3 Question #3
We have SBS 2003 and ISA 2004, with Outlook 2003 running on the workstations. We are using Exchange for corporate email, but each user also has several different pop3 email addresses at different ISP's we want to send and receive with (Old email address, Boss's personal email, etc). Right now I am using Outlook to add these additional pop3 accounts for the users, which is working fine. Except that I would like to take advantage of Exchange's spam filtering capabilities and centralized administration of the accounts. Should I be using the POP3 Connector of Exchange i...

SP3 question
I'm running WinXP Pro SP2 on a Dell Dimension 3 GHz machine with 2 Gig of RAM. I have only heard bad things from people I know who tried to install SP3 and on newsgroups. It seems that one of three things will happen. 1. Everything will go well and it will work OK. (Seldom) 2. It will seem to go well for some period of time and then something happens and your computer gets screwed up. 3. It will not install correctly and your computer gets screwed up. With the last two, a clean re-install of WinXP is required to get back running. With my luck with updates, one...

question on the "spin" control
Hello all, I am somewhat new to VC++/MFC. In one of my programs there is a spin control gadget with an associated "buddy" window which displays integers from a specified range (the usual behavior). What I want to do is change the format of that display - if the range is 0-100 say I would like to display 0.0-10.0 incremented by 0.1, for example. Now I can access the buddy window's text through its methods Get/SetWindowText, but the question is at what point to do it? If I attempt the access in either of the events EN_CHANGE or EN_UPDATE (of the buddy window), an acception get...

Basic Question
Hi all, I have a table called Companytbl with 2 fields: CompanyID (autonumber), CompanyName(text) On the form ( which related to a different table)I have company combobox. What exactly is the setup so on the combobox it will show the companyName and it will store in the table theCompanyID? TIA, Tom In news:%23Z%23x%23Q9JIHA.5928@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, Tom <partner1973@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a table called Companytbl with 2 fields: CompanyID > (autonumber), CompanyName(text) > > On the form ( which related to a different table)I have company &...

Product Key #9
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I recently purchased a copy of Microsoft Office 2008 student edition for Mac for my Macbook Air. It is not accepting the product key that came with the software. I have uninstalled the software and reattempted several times. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I might be doing wrong (and yes I verified the product key was not mistyped several times) On 5/14/09 5:55 PM, "buckeye1@officeformac.com" <buckeye1@officeformac.com> wrote: > I recently purchased a copy of Microsoft Office 2008 student edition for Mac &...

Macro question
Whenever I try to run my macro, nothing happens. When I try to change the security settings through the Tools > Security option, nothing happens. I can do it at home but not at work. Is there a specific reason? I'm the administrator of the computer and I am not connected to any domain. Please help! -- Nocturnal We see this sometimes when another application starts Outlook before you = do and VBA never quite loads properly. Try shutting down Outlook and = using Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) to make sure it's really, really shut = down before you restart it. You may also w...

Sorting

How to sort account list?

VBA Newbie listbox question
How do i add stuff to a second column in vba.. i feel really stupid but i've tried endlessly and searched the internet with no joy... Also how can i use info from a particular column.. eg. Surname/name are 2 column headings (assuming i can get stuff in the 2nd colum) i wanna take data from 'surname' without takin the 'name' data with it... I know this is really simple basic stuff so can someone put me out of my misery? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ -bump-..... -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Devitt Try these Populate Multi...

Where's the Sort by New Message option?

Row names will not move with sort

Probably very easy question conerning auto-changing dates
I've got a list of dates in column B. Row 1 is labeled "date", Row 2 starts my date data (May-04). I want a list in column B of the preceding 23 months, so columb B ends with Jun-02. Obviously, I can manually input this information. What I can't figure out is how if I go and change the first date (say, to Jun-04) it will auto-change my list of dates accordingly (so my list would now end in Jul-02). NOTE: I know how to create a handle-fill, but it won't update any changes I make to the dates, nor can I get it to go backwards, chronologically. Thanks, Jacob jfarino@ameris...

Business Portal Question
I'm trying to install BP4.0 on a web server. The SQL environment is setup as a cluster/farm. (GPV10). During the BP requirements pre-check - I get an error message that the Number of Processors requirements failed. I ignore that check and tried the install anyways (always the optimistic person I am) and I get the error message: "Your Operating system does not meet the requirements for Business Portal. The supported systems are Windows Server 2003 (standard, enterprise, and web Edition) and small business server 2003. The web server is a Windows Server 2008 (32 b...

MSChart Question
Can an inset MSChart object have 2 different styles of charts - like a target line on a stacked bar chart? Would this require 2 charts, one on top of the other like layered graphics? Does anyone have experience with overlaying charts and the inherent pitfalls. Or, a different solution idea. Thanks! It certainly can. You do, of course, need at least two sets of y-axis data in the recordsource for the chart itself. Then you can select one of the pre-defined mixed chart types from the Custom Types tab in the Chart Type .... dialog (available either from the Chart menu or via the right-clic...

sorts not sorting

HELP: Final Question About Hackers Stealing Files Via Wireless Net
Hello, my question is to verify if these statements are true, I wanted to email these guys personally but I understand it's better to share this with everyone. The questions concern if hackers can break into my Vista computer and access the hard drive's files, if my laptop is wirelessly connected to an unsecured router (meaning they connect to the unsecured router, and connect to my laptop that's wirelessly connected to the router). Also, I have not shared any folders (so was wondering if with cracking admin access they could get around it). The first ...

import- number- sort?

Exch 5.5 to 2003 upgrade question
Exch 5.5 to 2003 upgrade question We are running one (1) Exchange 5.5 server on a Windows NT 4.0 box and would like to migrate over to a new box running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. I understand that I must first upgrade my NT 4.0 domain to Active Directory and DNS (so let's just say that I have done that). I will install Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 on a NEW box and join the Exchange 5.5 site. After that I will do a move mailbox to start moving people over to the new mail server. Here is my question: Let's say that my 5.5 server has 300 mailboxes that I have to move...

sorting macro #3

Sorting checking register

Outlook Express Questions
When I set up a rule in outlook express to reply to sender with message - is there a way to attach the original email in the email body and not as attachment? Thanks This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlooke...

Integration Manager SOP 9.0
I must be going crazy... I've done this, (albiet years ago), many times. So I know this can be done. I have a single file to import into sales. Layout = DOCNO, CUSTNO, ITEMNO, PRICE. That's it. There may be more than one line ITEMNO that has the same DOCNO. I've only got the one source and the destination is the GP adapter. The Docno isn't actually mapped to the sopnumbr but is the guiding light for keeping items together on the same invoice. Problem: IM is putting each line item onto its own invoice despite the DOCNO. I've tried several things: I...

solutions manual for Elementary Statistics Using The Graphing Calculator 9 Ed by MILTON LOYER
Do you suffer from a tough class? Are you looking for instructor solutions manual to do your homework? Just send me email with its name and edition and I may be able to help you in low price! It is my list, however if you don't find it here don't give up because it is only a list of some. Please , DO NOT REPLY HERE , instead send me email to : cartermath(at)gmail(dot)com instructor's,solutions,manual,for,A,Course,in,Modern,Mathematical,Physics,b= y,Peter,Szekeres instructor's,solutions,manual,for,A,First,Course,in,Abstract,Algebra, (7th,Ed.,,John,B.,Fraleigh), instructor...