Sorting Help

I have column A that has Account ID number and there are three sections.  The
I want to sort so that I have each section in order.  In other words - see
example below.

Current Sort          Desired Sort

Acct. ID.                Acct. ID.
4100-1-01             4100-1-01
4100-1-01             4120-1-01
4100-1-01             4130-1-01
4120-1-01             4100-1-01
4120-1-01             4120-1-01
4120-1-01             4130-1-01
4130-1-01             4100-1-01
4130-1-01             4120-1-01
4130-1-01             4130-1-01

How can I sort The Current  sort to look like Desired Sort??? Can't use Data
Sort or ????

Insert a helper column, and input this formula, copied down:
=COUNTIF(A$2:A2,A2)

Then, select your data, go to Data - Sort. Sort by helper column first
(ascending) then by your account no.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"klafert" wrote:

> I have column A that has Account ID number and there are three sections.  The
> I want to sort so that I have each section in order.  In other words - see
> example below.
>
> Current Sort          Desired Sort
>
> Acct. ID.                Acct. ID.
> 4100-1-01             4100-1-01
> 4100-1-01             4120-1-01
> 4100-1-01             4130-1-01
> 4120-1-01             4100-1-01
> 4120-1-01             4120-1-01
> 4120-1-01             4130-1-01
> 4130-1-01             4100-1-01
> 4130-1-01             4120-1-01
> 4130-1-01             4130-1-01
>
> How can I sort The Current  sort to look like Desired Sort??? Can't use Data
> Sort or ????

Where's the Sort by New Message option?

Sorting

How to sort account list?

Query with IIF Expression Need Help
Hi ALL, I have a query which has the following fields: ROOMS RESNAME ARRIVAL DEPARTURE I have added another field in my query named ROOMS IN as an expression where I want it to return TODAY by looking at another table which has only one record which is the running date table name:RUNDATE and field DATE and then looking at the arrival date and adding two days if applicable to return to the expression field LINEN "TODAY" LINEN: IIf([ARRIVAL]="([RUNDATE]![DATE]+2)";"TODAY";"2 DAYS") it returns 2 days to the other records which is fin...

i need help
i want to have small business managar in my desktop if it is possible ...

HELP: Add textbox to a frame at run time
Hi All, How can I add text boxes on the form at run time based on what user inputs in a textbox? For eg: I have a textbox "Total Students" , so Once I input a number in that textbox, I want to have that many textboxes on the form during run time. If I input 4 I want four textboxes to be displayed on the form. Thanks in advance ...

Row names will not move with sort

CDatabase help needed
Hi anyone know when and why CDatabase throwing an exception " Database already exists" " Driver's SQLSETCONNECTION Attr Failed" this comes when i tried to call CDatabase.OpenEx(myConnecString,NoOdbcdialog). There is nuthing wrong with ma connect string. help needed - Jibesh Hi, If you could supply details of your connection string and all relevant code we may be able to help. - Tim "jibesh" <jibesh.vp@m2comsys.com> wrote in message news:%233lKw%231QEHA.132@TK2MSF...

sorts not sorting

import- number- sort?

Help #20
Hi, I have a worksheet with 3 columns: "month, Item type, quantity" : month Item Type quantity Jan. 1 2 2 1 3 1 Feb. 1 2 2 2 1 3 I want to rearrange this according to "Item Type" verses "month" in a new worksheet where it sums the quantity of each type (as follows): Item Type Jan. ...

excel macro...PLEASE HELP!
Hi there, Here's what I would like to know how to execute. Assuming I have created a macro in place in a file. When I open that file, I want that macro to run...how do I do it? Thank your for reading and any suggestions are welcomed! Hi Jack Rename it Sub Auto_open() -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Followup to newsgroup only please. "Jack" <tangjack@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:00e601c38ceb$78b050d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi there, > > Here's what I would like to know how to execute. > > Assuming I have created a macro in place in a file. When...

sorting macro #3

help with setting up which team plays who
Hello, i have 14 teams and i'm trying to get excel to list them all t play each other once at 6 games per week trying to get excel to figure this out for me a1= team1 b1=team2 c1=team3 d1=team4 all the way down to team n=team 14 how would you get excel to do this the simplest way -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Sorting checking register

Help! Bank rec does not agree to GL
I selected all the transaction that showed up on our bank statement, the bank rec module showed zero difference, I pressed "reconcile". When I ran the GL, I realized that the GL balance differed from the reconciliation balance. Here's why: We always record a purchase of US dollars as a decrease adjustment (DAJ) to our CAD account with the offset going partially to the USD account and the balance to the currency exchange account. The GL for the USD account is unaffected so an increase adjustment (IAJ) on that account is required, and the offset is also the USD account. An exam...

hourly average help
I need help in trying to set up a work sheet that will keep track of an average. I also need to know what I have to maintain to get the average I am looking for. Example: I need to average .075 over a 24 hour period, lets say that I have 12 hours of data, i need to know what I have to average the remaining hours to get my .075. I enter the hourly numbers myself. Bob: There is one function AVERAGE(B2:B13) and this will give the average of the numbers. The other method is to use SUM(B2:B13)/12 assuming the data is in B2:B13 and the time in A2:A13. -- Hope this helps Martin Fishlock...

Entities with Multiple Entries - or Campaigns?
I hope someone out there will be kind enough to help me with this dilemma. Sorry this is lengthy but hopefully the description will make it easier to offer assistance. :-) We do a number of "marketing events" to which we invite clients and prospects. I've been reading a number of posts and thought I would be brilliant and create a new entity called "Marketing Events." In my dream I thought I would be able to create a list of events on one screen, then within contacts I would be able to select an event that a person had attended. Again, in my dream, I had th...

Unmerge so I can sort
I coy/pasted data into Excell and when I try to sort it I get "This operation requires merged sells to be identically sized". I understadn the work around in KB but how do I find which sells are merged? I wouldn't bother looking. I'd just remove all the merged cells from the range to sort. Select that range format|cells|alignment tab uncheck the merge cells box But if you wanted to search, you can do it via process of elimination. Select a range, format|cells|alignment tab. If that merge cells box is checked, then the whole selection is merged. If it's grey, t...

Formula/calculation help for medical charting
Hi, I am trying to develop an anesthesia record chart for the vet clinic I work at. I have A8 through A15 labeled for time, temperature, heart rate, etc. The other columns (B8-B15, C8-C15, etc) I have set aside for later entries in the above categories as we take values every 5 min. or so. What I would like to do is have a formula that would show numerical values in red if they are above or below the normal value range (in black). For instance, a dog's normal temperature can range from 99.5 degrees F to 102.5 degrees F. If it is 98 degrees or 103 degrees I want these values to s...

sorting issue
Hi, When a range of columns are highlighted and a sort is performed on only one column empty cells above the sort display first. How can this be prevented. I know when there is data in any of the other column but not on the column being sorted this will happen. Any thoughts? Pat Are you sure the cells are really empty? They don't contain spaces or even formulas that evaluate to "". (Even formulas converted to values that returned "")? Pat wrote: > > Hi, > > When a range of columns are highlighted and a sort is performed on only one > column em...

Help
I recently restored my files from my laptop to my desktop pc and when I go to enter a transaction in the register it gives me a message that says "this transaction cannot be entered". How do I fix this? I am using Money 2002 and have never experienced any problems before. Take a look at the FAQ at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#S7Q5 "Kerry Shaha" <kmshaha@comcast.net> wrote in message news:05c201c35645$623b9530$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I recently restored my files from my laptop to my desktop > pc and when I go to enter a transaction in the register > it ...

Please help, I know nothing
I am a very new at this and it is driving me crazy. For example, I want to add all of column A + column B and I want the answer to go in C. I want this action to always happen automatically. How do I do this...in easy, non-math language?? I understand the basic concept of the formula, but it will only do it in C1, e.g I also get the error #name? Where do I enter this "name" and what is it referring to I would appreciate any and all help Thanks Amme your question is a little vague do you want c1 to add a1 & b1 then c2 to add a2 & b2 If yes then in c1 type in =a1+b1 o...