sorting data with two rows as column headings that reamian as headers

How do stop excell from automatically selecting the two top rows that contain headdings, when I use the sort comand on the data menu. This was not a problem until I allowed workbook sharing. Now I have to select the data manually to exclude the two header rows otherwise the headings are sorted to other rows which I do not want

thanks

When you access the Sort menu look to see if the "My list
has" and Header Row is selected.

Charlie O'Neill

0
anonymous (74722)
6/8/2004 2:32:28 PM
simon

Don't know how you did it with two header rows, but in the Data>Sort dialog
there is an option button for "My list has" Header Row, which will freeze the
top row.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 05:51:04 -0700, "simon" <simon.wright@camdenpct.nhs.uk>
wrote:

>How do stop excell from automatically selecting the two top rows that contain headdings, when I use the sort comand on the data menu. This was not a problem until I allowed workbook sharing. Now I have to select the data manually to exclude the two header rows otherwise the headings are sorted to other rows which I do not want.
>
>thanks

0
Gord