Sorting data problem

Dear all
I have a sheet where i retrieve data from a database
in another sheet i have links to the first sheet where i brink the data from
the database in more formal format and grouping the companies by division
In this sheet i have four columns
first the nmae of the companie, the second ithe last year income the third
is the budget and the forth is the actual income
I would like to sort the data by the forth column in asceding way

I tried to do it but there was a problem with the link  and in the other
hand when i was asking the asceding way the was sort only by the fourth
column and there was no change in the other 3 columns, in order to confuse
the data

There is anyway that the sorting could by the 4 column and not confuse the
data?
And each time i trieve the data from the database the sorting could be
automatically without i have to going to teh sheet and do ti manually?

The excel is XP version
Thanks in advance
Manos

0
mnikolaou (5)

No way to automatically sort the linked data each time theraw dta is updated
without using a macro.

As for your sorting problem, don't select the column you want to sort by.
Click on any cell within that column's data and use the Sort buttons ont he
toolbar (or the Data-->Sort command).

Note: If there are any blank columns separating the data, you'll need to
select the entire linked data. Once selected, you can use the Tab key to
move the active cell (white cell in selection) across to the 4th column,
then use the sorting buttons OR access the Data-->Sort command.

--
_______________________
Robert Rosenberg

"Manos" <mnikolaou@tellas.gr> wrote in message
> Dear all
> I have a sheet where i retrieve data from a database
> in another sheet i have links to the first sheet where i brink the data
from
> the database in more formal format and grouping the companies by division
> In this sheet i have four columns
> first the nmae of the companie, the second ithe last year income the third
> is the budget and the forth is the actual income
> I would like to sort the data by the forth column in asceding way
>
> I tried to do it but there was a problem with the link  and in the other
> hand when i was asking the asceding way the was sort only by the fourth
> column and there was no change in the other 3 columns, in order to confuse
> the data
>
> There is anyway that the sorting could by the 4 column and not confuse the
> data?
> And each time i trieve the data from the database the sorting could be
> automatically without i have to going to teh sheet and do ti manually?
>
> The excel is XP version
> Thanks in advance
> Manos

copying data
Getting errors when copying data from workbook to workbook. Shutdown and restart allows without errors. ...

Where's the Sort by New Message option?

Sorting

How to sort account list?

Row names will not move with sort

Trendline partial data
I am trying to add a trendline to a process variable on a line-chart and use it to predict when remedial action is required. When the data parameter is reset, the trendline automatically takes in this new set of figures and attaches it to the previous, giving a totally skewed analysis. Is there any way that I can select only some of the data to trend? Then as the reset data grows, only to select the new series from the process? Thanks Hi David, Jon Peltier has a site that mentioned about dynamic charts which I find useful and you might want to check this out. http://peltier...

Aligning data with varying decimal places
I have a column of cells in which the data include various numbers of decimal places. Is there a way to align the data vertically so that the decimals line up, without adding trailing zeroes? one way: Format/Cells/Number/Custom 0.??? In article <DD9B0C05-0A1D-4A5A-99F4-BB8030D9F7F2@microsoft.com>, edpaul <edpaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a column of cells in which the data include various numbers of decimal > places. Is there a way to align the data vertically so that the decimals > line up, without adding trailing zeroes? ...

sorts not sorting

installed earthinktotalaccess 2004 problems with outlook
Just installed the above. Have had earthlink with no problems. The settings are correct, did the auto set e- mail and checked. I also use the outlook express which sends and recieves fine. but my regular outlook, when I hit "send/recieve" it days "operation failed". When I"m in an e-mail and send it, it sends and is fine. I have the e-mail to auto check every 3 minutes and I'll get e- mail then, it is just when I manually hit send and recieve it "operation fails" me. I Have windows XP professional on a Dell 8400 computor. Outlook 2002. Ear...

Representing Dual Data in a Stacked Bar Chart
Here is my data: Location Flowers Trees Year 1 Year 2 Year 1 Year 2 Texas 55 63 36 14 Florida 67 75 24 21 NJ 32 27 52 10 Colorado 35 41 35 9 California 84 126 78 39 I want a stacked bar chart that shows Flowers & Trees for Year 1 next to another stacked bar for Year 2, grouped by location shown along the X axis. Please help, all I could come up with is a Stacked bar for Year 1, overlayed by 2 separate line graphs for Flowers/Yr2 and Trees/Yr2. -- VB On Wed, 20 Jun 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, VB <VB@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I want...

import- number- sort?

admin console cannot start, mapi problems
admin console cannot start, mapi problems. server 5.5sp4 working well, outlook session cannot run on server, same mapi problems Any error message in event log? -- Alvin "daniv" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ���g��l��s�D :10bef01c440b0$5525aa10$a001280a@phx.gbl... > admin console cannot start, mapi problems. > server 5.5sp4 working well, outlook session cannot run on > server, same mapi problems As I understand you installed Outlook on your Exchange Server, which is not a good idea. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313889 Dajo O...

Data and Color calculations
I need to find a way to get total for a particular name. I work in a vineyard and we want to track how many of each vine we have. we have our rows and blocks of vines in a spread sheet. I now have to sort by name then count how many of each vine we have. I also assign the vines a color based on when they will be harvested. Can excel do the above type of calculation based on sum or total of a particular color Thanks so much for any help Ron redwards(at)ap.net Hi Ron, Try something like this modified to suit your ranges. Does not count Conditional Formatting colors. Dave McRitchie has a...

Redeployment Problem
I need to move my CRM system from one server to another within the same domain. I tried using the redeployment tools, however the the Export Wizard kept trying to use LDAP to the domain, which failed, so I mapped the IP address of a DC to the domain name and it worked. The reployment wizard however just crashed, giving me an application execption. So I just installed CRM, and connected to the databases. Now I can see the data, but I can't save anything, and I can't run reports. Probably need to submit a Microsoft CRM Support incident since it could be pretty involved to ge...

I am trying to project out a line graph based on data
Hi, I have made a line chart based on some data for a fiften year period. I would like to plot out the future points for a thirty year period based on this data. Does anyone know how to do this? To perform a line projection, first click on the series the you would like to forecast. Go to Chart -> Add Trendline. The "options" tab will allow you to project the trend forward. You will probably want to use the "linear" option. It can also provide an equation which would allow you to manually calculate a future projection as opposed to using the trendline. -- Jo...

Pivot Table
Hi! What is the maximum rows allowed in a data range when using a pivot table? I have a pivot table that uses a data range. When I have only 4581 records in the data range, the pivot table updates with no problems. But, when entering more than 4581, the pivot table won't update and gives me an error. Am I hitting the max on data rows within my data range or is there a work-around. Thanks!! dmotika The following MSKB articles outline PivotTable limitations for different versions of Excel: XL2000: Limits of PivotTables in Microsoft Excel 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/de...

sorting macro #3

Auto-entering data from another sheet
Hello all, Hopefully someone can help me. I am wanting to automatically enter data from one sheet into the next by a text prompt. For example: On sheet 2 I will have 3 static columns that will have data entered in the format: text / text / number respectively. On sheet one I want to be able to enter the text from the first column on sheet two and have excel automatically fill in 2 other cells with the data from cell B and C from sheet 2. For example: Sheet 2 contains hello / how / 123 in row 1 and column A,B,C. I enter: hello (on sheet 1 cell A) and in cell B and C I automatically get...

Synchronization problem in Outlook 2003
I have a user that is getting the following sync error message randomly throughout the day: 10:34:39 Synchronizer Version 11.0.5604 10:34:39 Synchronizing Mailbox 'User' 10:34:39 Downloading from server 'MAILSERVER' 10:34:39 Terminated in error 10:34:39 [80040119-100A0103-0-610] 10:34:39 Microsoft Office Outlook Offline Folders 10:34:39 For more information on this failure, click the URL below: 10:34:39 http://www.microsoft.com/support/prodredirect/outlook2000_us.asp?err=80040119-100a0103-0-610 I ran the SCANOST.EXE file in C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\10...

Sorting checking register

XmlSerializer & FileNotFound (NOT the usual problem!)
I've just read Christoph Schittko's article on XmlSerializer: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnxmlnet/html/trblshtxsd.asp . . . and very informative it is too. I, too, am getting nasty FileNotFound exceptions. I've read, and digested the article, and I think I've found a bug -- it's difficult to track, though it does happen often. We have a large C# binary set, normally run from zero-deploy/IEExec. We use XmlSerializer. We use it against one type in particular. We **randomly** get the FileNotFound exception. So, to me, it'...

Compressing Data in Sheet
Hi, I have a sheet with several pieces of data arranged like so: Column 1 Column 2 a.dll ! 0x000001234 56 a.dll ! 0x000001234 64 a.dll ! 0x000001234 72 b.dll ! 0x012345689 89 c.dll ! 0x012345890 100 How do I compress the repeated sets of say a.dll into one row with all values pertaining to a.dll in column 2 summed up so to read something like: a.dll ! 0x0000001234 182 b.dll ! 0x012345689 89 etc ??? Thanks If the data is sorted by column A, you could add headers (in row 1) and then use Data|subtotals...

Getting Data out of MS CRM
What is the best way to get all the data out of MS CRM in order to migrate it to another CRM system? Woud the Data Migration tool work for this? I've never used it. If you want all the data, and all the customisations, the best option is to use SQL backup and restore, and the CRM redeployment tool against the restored database. Using the Data Migration tool will be hard work for this, and has some noticeable limitations, such as it can't be used for custom entities "mscrmuser" wrote: > What is the best way to get all the data out of MS CRM in order to > migrate...