Sorting Columns on HTML file created in Excel

Hi.. I'm not sure if I'm just searching for the wrong words, but can't
find the answer to this..

I've created an excel file, about 15 columns.. In excel, I can sort the
columns easily, but, I've saved the file as HTML now. How can I make it
that those columns can still be sortable on the internet? Is there
special code I need to put somewhere? I've seen javascript codes that
can do this, but I would like to do it all via excel if possible.
Any help appreciated!

Thanks,
--
Rob

Hi Terri and Rob,
You could include the JavaScript  (Bookmarklet) within your HTML code,
keep in mind that it will be a text only sort..
---
HTH,

"Terri and Rob" <xxxxxxxxrlenihan@sympatico.ca> wrote ...
> Hi.. I'm not sure if I'm just searching for the wrong words, but can't
> find the answer to this..
>
> I've created an excel file, about 15 columns.. In excel, I can sort the
> columns easily, but, I've saved the file as HTML now. How can I make it
> that those columns can still be sortable on the internet? Is there
> special code I need to put somewhere? I've seen javascript codes that
> can do this, but I would like to do it all via excel if possible.
> Any help appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Rob

an example of the sort used within a webpage can be seen in
   Bookmarklets  (JavaScript Favelets)
   http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/ie/bookmarklets.htm
as noted it would not work from Internet Explorer except as included in the HTML.
In  Firefox  you can use a bookmarklet   as a bookmark or as included in the HTML.

File Link
I have a problem related File links. I cannot get right. Can some one tell me how to write these. I have 3 files - Test01, Test 02, Test 03 Test01 linked to Test02 and test02 linked to Test03. All the files in the network drive. Instead of opening all the files, some users opening the file test01 only and are making updates, So I am getting the incorrect results in test03. Is there anyway to arrest this? Regards, Krishnan ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.Excel...

Sorting

How to sort account list?

How to Merge Date from 3 columns to 1
I have a spreadsheet where the date is spread over 3 columns I,J & K and I wish to merge them to Column B in the format dd-mmm-yyyy as shown below. B I J K 02-Feb-2003 02 Feb 2003 27-Mar-1999 27 Mar 1999 01-Apr-1978 Apr 1978 01-Jan-1998 1998 14-Jun-2002 14 Jun 2002 Where there is a blank for the day in 'Column I' I need it to copy as 01 and where there is a blank for the month in 'Column J' I need it to copy as Jan. Where all 3 column...

Where's the Sort by New Message option?

Comparing and extracting from two columns
Hi all, I have two columns of data. Column A is a list of approx. 20,000 ZIP codes, column B is a selected list of approx. 1600 ZIP codes. How can I compare the two and remove all of the entries in A except those that match B. I would also like to have A sorted so that the identical entries line up with B. There may be entries in B that are not in A, so I would like A to contain a blank cell where the match would be. I used =IF(VLOOKUP(B1,A:A,1,FALSE),"MATCH","") to highlight the matching ZIP codes in A, but that does not remove the unwanted ZIP codes or sort them...

Unhiding Column A
I am using Excel 2003 SP2 and I have a spreadsheet with column A missing. I have followed all the Help Menu advice. I can navigate to column A and hit Format Column Unhide or Format Column Width, but to no avail. It is either hidden or set to zero width, but in any case, it will NOT show up. I have searched all the group postings, been to Microsoft.com help (yea, right) and done everything I can think of. Even installed a macro I found to unhide columns by macro. Any help would be most appreciated. John13 try selecting the cells button to the left of the column headers and on top o...

Can I convert a column into a row?
Excel Question. I simply want to convert a column of figures [each in different cells] into a row with a similar number of cells. Must be simple, but can't seem to find how to do it. Thanks for any replies, guys!! Select the cells in the column you want to paste in the row. copy (control C). Select the same number of cells in a row, click Edit > Paste Special. Select transpose. Click ok. - Mangesh "Lenworth" <Lenworth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBEBCC94-3B52-46D1-934C-224E3C234E6B@microsoft.com... > Excel Question. I simply want to convert ...

Row/Column labels not displayed.
Hi I'm using Excel 2002 A spreadsheet I've been given to use only displays the row/column labels upto 73/X respectively. I've never seen this before. Any ideas how I can set this up? TIA Dave F. Further to my previous mail, the movement of the selected cell by using the cursor or clickin/dragging "Dave F." <df@bh.cv.fg> wrote in message news:OzcDG$60EHA.3364@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi > I'm using Excel 2002 > > A spreadsheet I've been given to use only displays the row/column labels > upto 73/X respectively. > > I've never s...

pst file to Lotus Notes
We will be connecting to our Corporate office over a WAN. We are currently using Exchange Server locally. The Corporate office is using Lotus Notes. We will be using new computers with Lotus Notes installed, Outlook not installed. How can we incorporate our outlook pst file into Lotus Notes? If there is a way to do this, are there instructions available? Thank you for your help in advance! Candace Sparks ...

looking for Excel VBA work
I am looking for Excel VBA work... I have been working with excel and vba for the past 3 years. I am very involved in it. I love helping people. Although I do require some money for my work, I do not charge as high as most programmer's do. If you need some help or some work done, please contact me at conspiringfate@earthlink.net Mike -- conspiringfate ------------------------------------------------------------------------ conspiringfate's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31745 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?...

Row names will not move with sort

COUNT function 2 Columns
I have two columns of data, CATEGORY and NUMBER, and want to be able to COUNT the number instances where CATEGORY = X and NUMBER = Y. I know how to use the COUNT function on each column, but I don't know how to use it on two columns. Thanks! James, how about something like this =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A25="test")*(B2:B25=24)) -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 2003 ** remove news from my email address to reply by ema...

sorts not sorting

import- number- sort?

Receiving excel files
Whenever I receive an Excel file through email and try to open it, I receive the error message 'file format is not valid'. These are all .xls files. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem ??? Doug What versions of XL? (if you have versions before 97 and you are sent 97 or above, the file formats are different) -- HTH Nick Hodge Southampton, England nick_hodge@btinternet.com "Doug" <dwire90@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:01ae01c3903a$31837eb0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Whenever I receive an Excel file through email and try to > open it, I receive the...

sorting macro #3

Customising Crystal Reports + File Location
Hello, We have installed Crystal 9 with the CRM Enhancement pack on top of it. What i was wondering is there a list where i can know which report in crm is for what? All i see is lots of folders with funny names like 9e4361ec44fd1190.rpt is there anyway you can get logical names from? Should you create your own report where would you save in in CRM to be able to access in via the crm menu? Thanks and Regards -- Fakhruddin Zavery Sr. Systems Analyst / Programmer CATS Tanzania Ltd. NIC Life House 4th Floor P. O. Box 2569, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Tel. +255-22 2137915, 2112631 Fax +255-22 ...

File Access
I just submitted the following to the MS Tech Support Page. After some editing, I will try to get it published in the local editorial columns. Do with it as you please. -------------------- Microsoft should be embarrassed and apologize to every consumer that paid for Microsoft Money. One of your servers has a problem and we can't even work with our files offline. Bill Gates should publicly apologize for frauding the public with his promoting Passport,net as a secure reliable service. I have been a supporter of Microsoft products when Apple commanded the market. I have argued with ...

Excel should allow macro on a shared workbook.
We are using excel tables all the time at my company. There are more than 20 people working on the same excel file which has thousands of columns so we use autofilter or some other macros. Shared workbook will help us alot because we will be able to change the file at the same time which is very time saving. Is there any way that macros are allowed at shared workbooks? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not ...

Open and Work Files
Hi, A very basic questions.... What data the "open" and "Work" files store? DO they store only the posted, Unposted, Applied or historical information? Does the storage differs based on the modules? Regards, Manish Agarwal WORK: Unposted data in 10000 series tables OPEN: Posted data in 20000 series tables HISTORY: Historical data in 30000 series tables "Pavan" wrote: > Hi, > > A very basic questions.... > > What data the "open" and "Work" files store? DO they store only the posted, > Unposted, Applied or historical ...

Save Excel 2002 to be read by MacIntosh Excel 2004?
Is it possible for the MacIntosh Excel 2004 to read an Excel XP 2002 spreadsheet? How should XP spreadsheet be saved? HELP, please!! MacXL98/01/v.X/2004 files are the exact same format as WinXL97/00/02/03 files. Save the file as an XL workbook and transfer it to the Mac. In article <0D5EBD4E-E12F-4E2D-AC2C-F45E556284E9@microsoft.com>, "cagedbirdflies" <cagedbirdflies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is it possible for the MacIntosh Excel 2004 to read an Excel XP 2002 > spreadsheet? How should XP spreadsheet be saved? HELP, please!! "JE McGimpse...

Changing the location of a file through
Hi there, I want to be able to move a file through the use of a command button i vb. The idea would be that after a file was approved it would be moved t the approved folder The form would have a text box with the file location in, below thi ,there would be two command buttons, one approve and one reject. Therefore the file which is waiting to be accepted has the locatio C:\sch and when a comand button (approve) is pressed it moves t C:\sch1, if though it is rejected then it goes to c:\sch2 Is this possible? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Steve, Const sFolder As St...

Sorting checking register