sort whole sheet by one column?

Can I make all the info in each row shift together when I sort by a particular column
-Courtney
0
anonymous (74722)

Yes - if it doesn't automatically do this, it's probably because there are
breaks in your data which make Excel think there are separate ranges.
Highlight all the columns you want to sort together, and put the current
selection in the column you want to use to sort (use tab so the current cell
is in the column), then sort.

Another method is to select all the columns, then choose Data | Sort..., and
you can then pick up to 3 columns to sort by, in decending order. (In fact
if you want to sort by more than 3 columns, use this method twice, sorting
the least significant sorts first, then the most significant ones.)
--
HTH -

-Frank Isaacs
Dolphin Technology Corp.
http://vbapro.com

"courtney" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Can I make all the info in each row shift together when I sort by a
particular column?
> -Courtney

0
frank8273 (76)

How to Merge Date from 3 columns to 1
I have a spreadsheet where the date is spread over 3 columns I,J & K and I wish to merge them to Column B in the format dd-mmm-yyyy as shown below. B I J K 02-Feb-2003 02 Feb 2003 27-Mar-1999 27 Mar 1999 01-Apr-1978 Apr 1978 01-Jan-1998 1998 14-Jun-2002 14 Jun 2002 Where there is a blank for the day in 'Column I' I need it to copy as 01 and where there is a blank for the month in 'Column J' I need it to copy as Jan. Where all 3 column...

Sorting

How to sort account list?

The one source for SEO Services
After using 10 different seo companies over the last 2 years for all my sites the only one that got me the conversion rates like I wanted was http://www.atomicsearchengineoptimization.com Atomic SEO. Really, I thought their prices were outstanding, by that I mean expensive but after two months of service, it was worth every dollar. Here is their pricing, http://www.atomicsearchengineoptimization.com/Monthy_plan_rates-seo-services.html How do you think their rates compare? ...

Comparing and extracting from two columns
Hi all, I have two columns of data. Column A is a list of approx. 20,000 ZIP codes, column B is a selected list of approx. 1600 ZIP codes. How can I compare the two and remove all of the entries in A except those that match B. I would also like to have A sorted so that the identical entries line up with B. There may be entries in B that are not in A, so I would like A to contain a blank cell where the match would be. I used =IF(VLOOKUP(B1,A:A,1,FALSE),"MATCH","") to highlight the matching ZIP codes in A, but that does not remove the unwanted ZIP codes or sort them...

Unhiding Column A
I am using Excel 2003 SP2 and I have a spreadsheet with column A missing. I have followed all the Help Menu advice. I can navigate to column A and hit Format Column Unhide or Format Column Width, but to no avail. It is either hidden or set to zero width, but in any case, it will NOT show up. I have searched all the group postings, been to Microsoft.com help (yea, right) and done everything I can think of. Even installed a macro I found to unhide columns by macro. Any help would be most appreciated. John13 try selecting the cells button to the left of the column headers and on top o...

Where's the Sort by New Message option?

Row names will not move with sort

2pg per sheet in word
Hello: I'm using microsoft office v.X on my G4 powermac. My question is this.......in a Word document how can I set it to print "2 pages per sheet." My secretary has this option on her windows version of Word.....I'm starting to fear that I'm out of luck on my mac version. Help??? Tim Manwell tmanwell@yahoo.com In article <1161627359.523379.144860@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>, tmanwell@yahoo.com wrote: > Hello: > > I'm using microsoft office v.X on my G4 powermac. > > My question is this.......in a Word document how can I set it to prin...

sorts not sorting

import- number- sort?

Easiest way of handling multiple checks with one deposit
I am fairly new to Microsoft Money (using 2007), but it is working out very well for me. The only thing I am currently trying to figure out is the best/easiest way to handle things when I make a deposit with two or more checks at once. I am having Money sync with my bank, and any deposit (regardless of the number of checks) is treated as a single entry. I have seen a few references to using some sort of secondary account, but it seems like a fairly round-about way to handle it. Are there any alternatives methods known? Thank you for any information. In microsoft.public.money, Matt wr...

sorting macro #3

Auto-entering data from another sheet
Hello all, Hopefully someone can help me. I am wanting to automatically enter data from one sheet into the next by a text prompt. For example: On sheet 2 I will have 3 static columns that will have data entered in the format: text / text / number respectively. On sheet one I want to be able to enter the text from the first column on sheet two and have excel automatically fill in 2 other cells with the data from cell B and C from sheet 2. For example: Sheet 2 contains hello / how / 123 in row 1 and column A,B,C. I enter: hello (on sheet 1 cell A) and in cell B and C I automatically get...

Sorting checking register

Compressing Data in Sheet
Hi, I have a sheet with several pieces of data arranged like so: Column 1 Column 2 a.dll ! 0x000001234 56 a.dll ! 0x000001234 64 a.dll ! 0x000001234 72 b.dll ! 0x012345689 89 c.dll ! 0x012345890 100 How do I compress the repeated sets of say a.dll into one row with all values pertaining to a.dll in column 2 summed up so to read something like: a.dll ! 0x0000001234 182 b.dll ! 0x012345689 89 etc ??? Thanks If the data is sorted by column A, you could add headers (in row 1) and then use Data|subtotals...

Activate all sheets
Hi I need help with the following macro: I am grouping all the worksheets together, and selecting the row, above which I wish to insert a new row. I want to insert a new row on all sheets, the enclosed macro at the moment is only inserting a new row on the first sheet. Selection.EntireRow.Insert Range("AD5:AE5").Select Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("AD5:AE594"), Type:=xlFillDefault Range("AD5:AE594").Select ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 5 Range("D5").Select Can anyone help me with this? George Gee Sheets(Array("...

Is there a template for creating math practice sheets for add, su.
I want to create a practice sheet for specific tables (like 7's, 9's), and be able to get new problems and have answers. ...

how do i print multiple copies of a sheet of labels?
In Publisher 2007 we can set the number of copies of a label per sheet of paper. How can I set the nuber of pieces of paper? In other words I have a label that prints 30 to a page. How can I print 20 pages? We use this to print multiple addres labels for our booklets. Thanks, Joe joegat2000 wrote: > In Publisher 2007 we can set the number of copies of a label per > sheet of paper. How can I set the nuber of pieces of paper? > > In other words I have a label that prints 30 to a page. How can I > print 20 pages? We use this to print multiple addres labels for our > booklets...

Unmerge so I can sort
I coy/pasted data into Excell and when I try to sort it I get "This operation requires merged sells to be identically sized". I understadn the work around in KB but how do I find which sells are merged? I wouldn't bother looking. I'd just remove all the merged cells from the range to sort. Select that range format|cells|alignment tab uncheck the merge cells box But if you wanted to search, you can do it via process of elimination. Select a range, format|cells|alignment tab. If that merge cells box is checked, then the whole selection is merged. If it's grey, t...

Copying whole rows to different sheet once found
Count = 6 Sheets("Classroom Attendance This Week").Select Range("e6").Select If ActiveCell.Value = "T" Then Return 'Exit Sub While ActiveCell.Value <> "T" ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Activate Count = Count + 1 Wend It's easy enough to find the first one of the (T)oddlers but I need to copy the whole row to another sheet automatically. Plus I need to find all the "T" in the 297 rows and preferrably copy all the rows at once without blanks between rows. Help would be good. Why not sort or autofi...

sorting issue
Hi, When a range of columns are highlighted and a sort is performed on only one column empty cells above the sort display first. How can this be prevented. I know when there is data in any of the other column but not on the column being sorted this will happen. Any thoughts? Pat Are you sure the cells are really empty? They don't contain spaces or even formulas that evaluate to "". (Even formulas converted to values that returned "")? Pat wrote: > > Hi, > > When a range of columns are highlighted and a sort is performed on only one > column em...

Sort not sorting all rows
I'm using Excel 2000. have created a document, uploaded it to google docs and spreadsheets, exported it as a doc, converted it to a spreadsheet (excel) and uploaded it again to google docs. It's not a complicated file - no calculations or anything, just a simple log to enable us to collaborate on change requests and website faults. New requests are assigned a number incrementally one higher than the previous. So we need to sort on the Log number column to see what the last logged number was. However, it sorts most of the spreadsheet and leaves the same 5 rows unsorted at the...