Social Security Numbers & Leading Zeros

I imported over 3000 records that are tied to social security numbers.  The
SS numbers come in as text and I need to change them to numbers.  How do I do
this and retain leading zeros?
--
Thanks,
CSS

Wasn't aware that social security numbers could begin with a zero
they must have changed things.   In any case you want to use text
for such identifying "numbers".

The usual problem reported is with  credit card numbers that are
16 digits and Excel only handles 15 significant digits so you must
use TEXT or suffer the consequences of unbillable  "numbers"
since the last digit (a hash digit) becomes zero...
---
HTH,

"CSS" <CSS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EAEF335A-9194-4F69-BF7F-07494777BC31@microsoft.com...
> I imported over 3000 records that are tied to social security numbers.  The
> SS numbers come in as text and I need to change them to numbers.  How do I do
> this and retain leading zeros?
> --
> Thanks,
> CSS

0
dmcritchie (2586)
6/23/2005 7:01:43 PM
One way.

Select an empty cell
copy it
select your SSN's.
edit|Paste special|Add

Now format those SSN's
Format|Cells|Number Tab|Special|SSN

--

Dave Peterson
0

Cumulative Security Update Outlook Express 6 Service Pack 1 (KB837
Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express 6 Service Pack 1 (KB837009) Why has this been updated on my computer 9 times? Doesn't it ever effectively install itself? Does MS know? Does MS care? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.window...

Take a look at these security pack
--gianaoojzugd Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ohwpwnkizksrxzza"; type="multipart/alternative" --ohwpwnkizksrxzza Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="zzeepdqagy" --zzeepdqagy Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help m...

page numbers 05-05-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC still can't get the page #s to print. They appear to be below the margins. How can I move them up? See my earlier answer: the server is playing up. I answered you yesterday... On 6/05/10 4:16 AM, in article 59bb802d.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "conniemac@officeformac.com" <conniemac@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC > still can't get the page #s to print. They appear to be below the margins. > How c...

security to an integration?
Hello: One of the client's users receives a security error of some sort when he tries to run a Payroll Transaction integration in Integration Manager. He is able to open Integration Manager and take a look at the integration's properties. But, he gets the error when he tries to run the integration. There is a possibility that he does not have security access to the Payroll Transaction window itself. Could that be the cause of the error? Other than the security that is required in GP 9.0 to the "Customization Tools" for accessing Integration Manager, are there any...

Security Roles for Custom Functionality
I have a peice that was added to CRM that is completely custom - I need to be able to limit access to this peice through custom CRM security roles. Is there a way to setup custom security roles for peices that are not part of the original core CRM product? Thanks there is no way to add custom applications to the MSCRM security model, you need to handle that on your own. Brett "Bryan" wrote: > I have a peice that was added to CRM that is completely custom - I need to be > able to limit access to this peice through custom CRM security roles. Is > there a way to setu...

Outlook Social Connector
I've installed the new Outlook Social Connector with Outlook 2010. Since I have done this, I get the following error and Outlook no longer starts: Faulting application name: OUTLOOK.EXE, version: 14.0.4536.1000, time stamp: 0x4af1d60f Faulting module name: SOCIALCONNECTOR.DLL, version: 14.0.4734.1000, time stamp: 0x4b5828d9 Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x0006516a Faulting process id: 0x4ac Faulting application start time: 0x01caaffc11bcd70b Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\OUTLOOK.EXE Faulting module path: C:\Program Files...

Error Number 0x8007000e
I am not able to send messages. It gives an error message which says me to close other applications to avail more memory. I have tried all that still i am not able to send mails. Please help! Hi Joses Samuel, please read this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;232169 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Joses Samuel" <joses.samuel@mgenindia.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:673b01c4755c$db79cc50$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am not able to send me...

numbering a column
I am trying to get a column within a table to number down the column. All the numbers are coming up "1" instead of 1,2,3... I have selected the column, format, bullets and numbering and this is what I get. That's probably because you are using different cells for each number. Publisher is not Excel. It does not automatically go to the next number/letter/date/whatever. You'll have to change them manually or enter them manually from the start. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "cathy" <cathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F...

Report for Zero Item Movement
There is an old post on this subject with the report attached. My newsreader won't let me go back that far. Does anybody have a copy of this report they can reattach. I would be most appreciative. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0098_01C9FBDA.4B899580 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0099_01C9FBDA.4B89BC90" ------=_NextPart_001_0099_01C9FBDA.4B89BC90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Amy, Try the one attached. --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point So...

OWA security
Do I have to purchase a certificate to enable the SSL listed in my security protocol? No you can just create a VPN connection as this uses 128 bit encryption. "Sam" <hulett2354@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:069401c35256$3ef032e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Do I have to purchase a certificate to enable the SSL > listed in my security protocol? ...

e-mail to lead using SFO
Currently using SFO there is no way to send an e-mail to a lead using the same Outlook Form as is used for Contacts, Opportunities, Accounts, etc... This form is very helpful because of the spell check that is available. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pan...

Security question #2
I have an question regarding security, below is the org chart that am working with: BU - A _______|_____ | | BU-B1 BU-C1 | BU-B2 All of these BU's and their respective security roles work as expected in the original desgin. Now, the requirment has changed, in addition to the their existing access level, the users from BU-B? need to have READ ONLY access to BU-C1 (vise versa). So Sales manager from BU-B? (who have parent and child access to all all entities with create/R...

There is black space before column number.
i want to remove the space that is suddenly created by me before row number. thanks in advance for giving me any help. Click on the Maximize button, top right (between the Close button and the Minimize button) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "devnath" <devnath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A314E2A-9C72-4D6C-A519-07F4127CE6CB@microsoft.com... |i want to remove the space that is suddenly created by me before row number. | thanks in advance for giving me any help. ...

Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
I can't send e-mails through my Outlook Express but I can receive them. Anny suggestions? Thank you in advance. Your question may be better answered in an Outlook Express newsgroup appropriate to your problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Lina" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:%23LD9DTTjKHA.3792@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I can't send e-mails through my Outlook Express but I can receive them. >Ann...

Rows with a height of zero
I have inherrited a spreadsheet where a large number of rows (not necessarily contigious) were hidden by changing their heights to zero. Selecting the rows around these and trying to unhide them or selecting row height and trying to resoze by clicking and dragging the row boarders does not work. It's been a goto then format the row to a new height. Is there a way to globally change the row heights that will pick up these menicing rows with out having to sort through a couple of thousand rows to catch them all? Thanks Assuming you want all rows to be the same height, can't yo...

Count last nonzero number in a column
Hi I have columns of numbers, A:Z. Each column has either numbers, zero's, or text. I need to find the row number that has the "Last" nonzero number. So if A1="car" , A2=0, A3=6, A4="Boat" I would need a value of 3, the last occurence of a nonzero number (6). Thanks for your help Hi try the following formula: =LOOKUP(2,1/((A1:A100<>0)*(ISNUMBER(A1:A100))),ROW(A1:A100)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FEA7DC58-6459-4F55-9DE4-984740EFC610@microsoft.com.....

Security Resetting in GP10
Has anyone experienced security being reset in GP10? I noticed it after I made a backup of my live database and restored it into my test company. Everything in the Alternate/Modified Forms and Reports window (in the live company) had been set back to the originals and not the modified forms. The Main Segment ID had also been changed. Thanks for your help, Jocelyn Hi; Is the DYNAMICS database on your test server in sync with live? Curtis "Jocelyn" <Jocelyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63FB3B9F-6AD0-4361-B6DE-1E90950FF7D9@microsoft.com... > ...

making leading zero's visible #2
This may be a question more directed to Excel, but I'm using PHP to generate a CSV to be imported into Excel, so maybe the solution is there. So, sorry for crossposting. Anyway, I'm generating a text file, a CSV, that contains addresses from a database. Zip codes that have a leading zero (eg: 01234) has that 0 in the database, and it appears to have it when it's being inserted and written to the text file, but when you view it in Excel it goes away. When I'm creating the string that becomes the CSV file, I surround the zipcode with doublequotes so it's supposed to go into...

Exchange/Outlook security problems Password What??
Hello everyone, I hope one of you Exchange/Outlook users out there can help solve this problem. This has all started out by needing to turn off the "Something's looking at your email addresses" nag box in Outlook 2003, in order to get a macro written in Outlook 2003 to work properly. According to what I have read and hopefully understood from Microsoft's support documents ("Customizing the Outlook Security Features Administrative Package" is that these nag boxes can be bypassed with the Outlook Security Features Administrative Package. I have set up a form in a ...

Store sizes and number of mailboxes.
with Exch2003 SP2 what is the fastest way to find the information in the subject? Does MOM tellyou the store size and number of mailboxes? On Feb 9, 1:16 pm, Tyson <T...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > with Exch2003 SP2 what is the fastest way to find the information in the > subject? Does MOM tellyou the store size and number of mailboxes? My firm uses a Quest Product called MessageStats. There are tons of reports you can run such as mailbox sizes, number of mailboxes, activity information per mailbox, server activity, etc... Its a nice tool, I use it every day. On ...

Social Networking
Is there any book available to develop "Social Networking" enabled SharePoint sites? TIA J Justin ...

Re: Display lists in an arbitrary number of columns
Here are updated links: Display Lists in Columns Horizontally Using One Cell per Column http://www.braintrove.com/Xslt/Articles/34/Display-Lists-in-Columns-Horiz= ontally-Using-One-Cell-per-Column Display Lists in Columns Horizontally Using Individual Cells http://www.braintrove.com/Xslt/Articles/33/Display-Lists-in-Columns-Horiz= ontally-Using-Individual-Cells Display Lists in Columns Vertically Using One Cells per Column http://www.braintrove.com/Xslt/Articles/32/Display-Lists-in-Columns-Verti= cally-Using-One-Cell-per-Column Display Lists in Columns Vertically Using Individual Cells htt...

Security Permissions for Quotas
I have a client who is using Sales Quotas. The user who is going to administrate these is not the System Admin and needs to have their permissions restricted so I cant/wont open them all the way up. The issue is as follows: The User is able to see and open the Quotas screen but gets and error (you do not have permissions - please contact system admin) when they try to save the quotas. Does anyone know which specific security setting must be set for this action to be allowed? Either that or some doc/web site that may help. Thanks in advance Either that or some doc/web site that m...

Business Portal Security
I have a client that wants to prompt users to log onto Business Portal due to shared workstations that have a generic user logon. The shared workstations have other apps that are constantly running so it would be a hardship to require users to log off and log on of/to Windows all day. Additionally, they have other web apps that work just fine with Basic authentication and the prompted login. Business Portal, however, is only working with Integrated Security. Does anybody have any ideas? -- Charles Allen, MVP Charles, try the following: during the Business Portal installation, In...

Outlook 2003 MAPI Security
I recently installed IVM Voice Attendant which has a feature to email your inbox upon someone leaving a new voice message in IVM. However Outlook prompts for me to allow this transaction each time, defeating the automation I have gained by using IVM. I cannot find the proper settings or registry entry that will allow me to circumbent this security. I understand it is to prevent viruses to email out on my behalf.. but it is hindering my computer usage. Thanks for your help, David fibingr@netscape.net david_fibingr@hotmail.com The vendor of that software will have to write their code...