Slow scrolling using cursor keys

On Windows XP Pro SP1a, running excel 2000. When using the cursor keys,
scrolling is slow.
i.e if you scroll to edge of screen and keep going, each column
scrolls/updates quite slowly. However, it is fine when using the mouse.
Is there a setting that needs to be changed?

Cheers, Steve.

This may be something you've already tried but have you set the key
repeat/delay appropriately in the control panel?

--

Regards,

Bill Lunney
www.billlunney.com

"SteveC" <steven_p_curtis@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Windows XP Pro SP1a, running excel 2000. When using the cursor keys,
> scrolling is slow.
> i.e if you scroll to edge of screen and keep going, each column
> scrolls/updates quite slowly. However, it is fine when using the mouse.
> Is there a setting that needs to be changed?
>
> Cheers, Steve.

0
mail8302 (35)
7/23/2003 1:48:36 PM
Yeah, settings are the same as on my PC, although I have increased them.
Doesn't appear to have made any difference.

Cheers, Steve.
"SteveC" <steven_p_curtis@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Windows XP Pro SP1a, running excel 2000. When using the cursor keys,
> scrolling is slow.
> i.e if you scroll to edge of screen and keep going, each column
> scrolls/updates quite slowly. However, it is fine when using the mouse.
> Is there a setting that needs to be changed?
>
> Cheers, Steve.

Build is slow.
Hello. The environment is 6.0 vc++. When one DLL has 1700 source codes. Build is slow. debug start takes time. Please teach a good solution. Thanks, Buy a faster computer. ;) AliR. "teratera" <teratera@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23DF80A8-723F-43A3-A5D9-7722EEA97578@microsoft.com... > Hello. > > The environment is 6.0 vc++. > When one DLL has 1700 source codes. > > Build is slow. > debug start takes time. > Please teach a good solution. > > Thanks, > "teratera" <teratera@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Stop a particular synchronization schedule using powershell on DPM2007
Hi all, Can we create a script or anything to stop a particular synchronization schedule. I have synchronization schedule that runs every hour but I want to stop one that runs at 9 pm. Thank you, dchristian Hi! You can create a filter if you go to Monitoring / Jobs where you may filter out the protected workload and populate the information. You will now under "schedueld", depending on your created filter, see the jobs that will run. Just right click the job and choose "Cancel". Best Regards Robban "Daud" wrote: > Hi all, &...

trying to use links
Help! I cannot open any links that are contained in stuff that i read on my hotmail account through outlook express. Any advice to solve this would be greatly appreciated. TIA. carl wrote: > Help! I cannot open any links that are contained in stuff that i read > on my hotmail account through outlook express. Any advice to solve > this would be greatly appreciated. TIA. Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a fast...

Local Emails using a seperate name
We have a daughter company that is connected to our office via a data link. They have no servers other than client machines at the branch office. They will be part of our domain but will be using a different mail extension. Users currently are using and will continue to use an external mail provider for thier external emails. (POP /SMTP in the MAPI client). What we would like to do is to give the daughter company local emails ONLY on OUR exchange server while they use thier external mail provider for thier external emails - Keeping in mind our local emails are using name@abc.com wh...

sql server data to ms word using xml
hi i was given a task to display sql server data in ms word using xml. Im currently doing research to accomplish the task. What i have in mind is to create an xml template (or schema?) to load the sql server data first.Then add the xml template in the ms word add-in option. Is it possible? Can anyone point me to the right direction? Thanks My approach to this for the last few years (since Office XP) has been to save a Word document formatted they way it should end up - as XML. And then rename it to a XSL and put in iterators to populate the data from the XML queried out of SQL Serve...

Use Mailing Address
I have a database of technician addresses. Sometimes their location address is different from their mailing address. We check a box labeled "use mailing address" and then we fill out their mailing address. I have a report that prints their regular address but I don't know how to make the report look at the alternate mailing address when that checkbox is checked. Can anyone help me with this? In the query that comprises the recordsource for the report, use something like: IIf([UseMailingAddress], [MailingAddress], [LocationAddress]) As Address -- Doug Steele, Microsoft A...

Using Publisher for business card on CD Rom
I'm mostly challenged in the technological world so please excuse any ignorance but.... I am trying to figure out how to put my business card info on a mini disk or on business card shaped/sized mini disk CD R. I don't want to hire a firm to do it for me, I'd like to learn how to do it myself. Does anyone know if Publisher is the right program for making business cards on mini or business card disks? Any helpful ideas/tips/suggestions on how to create a business card on a mini disk are most appreciated! Thanks for your time, I am in awe of you all! Do you have the temp...

Slow Navigating Folders for attachments!!
Using Outlook-2002. Recently, since about a month ago, when I try to save attachments or attach files to messages and attempt to navigate to the folder of interest (after I click on the attach button), navigation is VERY slow - like if I click on a sub-folder, it may take over a minute for that sub-folder to open. It doesn't matter if other apps are running, or if I'm just changing to a different drive, or to the root directory. Everything takes minutes! It renders it useless :-( Any ideas? ...

Using And/Or with Check Box
I have a form (form1) with a subform (subform2) and another subform (subform3) On subform2 there is a text box for mom's employer's name. On subform3 there is a text box for dad's employer's name. On form1 there is a check box (Check0) that needs to be filled in automatically when either mom or dad has an employer, or left blank (false) if neither one has an employer. I have tried several different solutions including: Nz(Subform1.Form![Employer], Nz(Subform2.Form![Emplyer], False)) IIf (Not IsNull(Forms![Form1]![Subform1].Form![Employer]) And Not IsNull (Forms![Form1]!...

Word 2003
It takes sometimes 10 seconds when I press crtl+c (copy) or crtl+x (cut) in a text inside Word 2003. Even if it is only one word it takes a lot of time just to copy or cut or paste it. That does not happen in Excel or Power Point only in Word. Please can anybody help me to solve this very annoying issue? Thank you very much indeed, Anderson From reading other postings on this forum, it seems that poor AddIns can cause this latency. I have also found that doing a clean up of the temp files seems to help as well. Hope this helps DeanH "Anderson" wrote: ...

Need Help in MS Access & using Themes
Hi every body, I am a new member in google and google groups.I am from Saudi Arabia (Qatif) , My House is near the Arabian Gulf. I am a student in King Fahd University of Petrolium and Minerals in Saudi Arabia,(My major is Managment Informatiom System), I am very interesting to join with You and shares information and Technique . I am preparing for project in (a course), and I faced some problems: 1. I want some themes related to FootBall for Access , and How can I implemented/use it. 2. This is what I think about [This is my CustomerID- the initial one >>> 07010001] 07 01 000...

Slow Slow Slow
When I click between different emails in my inbox, it takes ages for it to appear on the display. My internet connection is super fast. I have recently had to reinstall Office XP and I think a setting has been changed somewhere. I have an anti-virus but it never slowed it down like this before. To put in perspective, I've had 120 spams today and its took 37 minutes to delete them because of this problem. I have ran a virus check and its fine. Any thoughts on a registry tweak?? Cheers Carl Carl Sheldon <ccshell@courtlands5.freeserve.co.uk> wrote: > When I click between differe...

How to avoid '*' being used as wildcard in SUMIF?
A data field for which I wish to do a SUMIF begins with the character "*". e.g I have a Product Code of "*SPEC" where the * is the first character of a 5 character code. When I do a SUMIF the answer includes any row where the Range value ends with the characters "SPEC". I do not want the "*" being used as a wildcard in this instance. All Suggestions welcome. Issue arises in both Excel 2003 and Excel 2007. Precede you asterisk with a tilde ~, so use "~*SPEC". -- David Biddulph "Kealkil4" <Kealkil4@discussi...

slow loading, slow updating
I am using MS Money in a non-standard application. I am maintaining ledgersin checkbook fashion for 100 accounts, each set up as a separate checking account. Each of those has 3 transactions set up as automatic bill pays. Other than that, there are very few entries, averaging 6 per year at most. The program takes about 5 minutes to load. Corrections, such as posting bill payments, takes approx 10 seconds to cycle through: Open, edit, enter, wait........ Open, edit, enter, wait.....etc. I am not doing any online updating or anything like that. Is there anything I can do to speed this ...

Slow Viewing e-mails
Suddenly it's very slow to view e-mails in Outlook 2002. Any kind of e-mail, with or without attachments. It worked fine until a few days ago. Anyone have any ideas? Found an answer to the problem in another post. Simply turning of the Messenger Integration fixed everything. /Johan >-----Original Message----- >Suddenly it's very slow to view e-mails in Outlook 2002. >Any kind of e-mail, with or without attachments. It >worked fine until a few days ago. Anyone have any ideas? >. > On 25 nov 2003 Johan wrote: > Found an answer to the problem in another pos...

using "rules" to forward emails

why GetFieldValue() is so slow
I get connected a vfp6 dbf file, and the total record number is about 50000, I want to export specified field value ( most of their type are string), and the result is correct, but it works toooooo slow, and I find the function GetFieldValue takes most time. my code is: while(!m_Rs.IsEOF()) { for(index=0; index < m_ListDest.GetCount(); index++) { strLine=m_pSortItem[m_pSortList[index]]; m_Rs.GetFieldValue(m_pSortList[index], strVal); strVal.TrimRight(_T(' ')); if(strVal == "" && m_isFilter) continue; strLine.Insert(0, _T('[')); ...

Outlook 2003 Pro with XP Pro Too Slow with McAfee 2004
I just bought a new high-end brandname laptop with XP Pro. In it, I: - installed Office 2003 Pro, - installed McAfee Internet Security Center 6.0 2004 (including Firewall, AntiVirus, Privacy Service, Spamkiller), and - downloaded and installed all latest MS and McAfee software updates, by the books. Hoping to lessen intra-computer response, I opted out some sub-features in McAfee. The installations were easy. Without McAfee, Outlook 2003 was fast, reliable. After installing and working with McAfee, Outlook 2003 is miserably slow in most operations (send/receive, clicking on ema...

Scroll down on Form, not to next record
I have a data entry form that is just a little longer than the page. I have used http://www.lebans.com/mousewheelonoff.htm and it works very well at totally disabling the mouse scroll. What I want to know is how can I get the scroll button on the mouse to actually scroll down on the current record on the form? Not to the next one. This would be so helpful for me. Thanks. Either the scroll wheel is off or on! -- www.ae911truth.org "This Guy" wrote: > I have a data entry form that is just a little longer than the page. I have > used > > http://www.le...

How to use the RunCommand acCmdEncryptDecryptDatabase in 2007
How do you use the RunCommand acCmdEncryptDecryptDatabase command to set a password/encrypt a database? When I use the runcommand from a button on a form i get an error message saying that it is not available right now, however, if I then click on the'encrypt with password' command in the ribbon, it works just fine. thanks, ...

Exchange 2000 very slow
My Exchange 2000 SP4 is very slow and every computer keep showing the Outlook Send/Receive Progress window. This is happen every morning. I have to restart the Exchange Server twice a day, once in the morning and later in the afternoon. Once I do that then everything is ok until the afternoon around 3:30pm. Could someone please tell what could be causing this problem and how can I solve the problem? Thanks in advance, Look for any processes that start to eat more ram throughout the day. if you see one find out what app it is from and check the manufacturer for an update. Sounds li...

VS 2005 Using Crystal Reports from MFC application
I'm trying to find documentation on how to integrate Crystal Reports (the one included with Visual Studio 2005) into a C++/MFC dialog based application. Has anybody had any success with this? If so, do you know if I have to use managed C++ in order to accomplish this? I tried to add the CrystalReports ActiveX ReportViewer (10.2) into my dialog but it doesn't appear in the list of available ActiveX objects. I looked into the Registry to see if the component was actually registered and the entry is blank (HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \CrystalReports102.ActiveXReportViewer.1 is empty). Does any...

Using Outlook with Hotmail
Hello. I've just started using Outlook 2003, after having owned the disc for a while (I only used office for Word prior to this). I use two hotmail accounts, both of which are installed fine. 1) How can I get an audio alert when new hotmail arrives? Surely if Outlook Express provides one, then the more advanced program should too??? This is a mjor thing for me, as I don't want to have to keep checking constantly to see if I have mail. 2) How do I configure my sent items to stay in the right place - e.g. the hotmail sent items with their relevant accounts, rather than in the un...

Reordering DataGridView and Scrolling
I have a project that uses a DataGridView control. I allow the user to move the selected row up or down using a couple buttons on the form. This works great except if the list of items is long and the vertical scroll bar is used when the item is moved beyond the items being displayed the user no longer sees the item and has to use the scroll bar to move up or down to view the item that was being moved. Is there a way to get the DataGridView form to automatically scroll so the selected item is always visible? Here is the code I am using in the Down button to move the selected ...

Crash when using listview.
Hi, we have a multi-threaded application that includes a list control (CListControl). At one point the application crashes with the following stack traces for the different threads. The threads 2, and 3 are sending a message to the GUI thread (#4), but for some reason the GUI thread is crashing when calling ntdll!RtlAllocateHeap. The difficulty is that it's not happening all the time, but always at the same place, so it's hard to pinpoint the problem. Is there a known issue about window messaging problems around this piece of code? THREAD #1 (Worker Thread) WARNING: Stack ...