Slow print preveiw Excel 2003 SP3

Intermittenly when I click on print preview, it is as if Excel is hanging, it
takes a long time before the print preview appears on the screen. Also when I
click on "setup" on the print preview screen the same thing happens.
Any help will be appreciated.

If you change to a different printer, do you have the same problem?

If no, then I'd visit the printer's web site and look for newer versions of the
printer driver.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Build is slow.
Hello. The environment is 6.0 vc++. When one DLL has 1700 source codes. Build is slow. debug start takes time. Please teach a good solution. Thanks, Buy a faster computer. ;) AliR. "teratera" <teratera@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23DF80A8-723F-43A3-A5D9-7722EEA97578@microsoft.com... > Hello. > > The environment is 6.0 vc++. > When one DLL has 1700 source codes. > > Build is slow. > debug start takes time. > Please teach a good solution. > > Thanks, > "teratera" <teratera@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Print even or odd pages ONLY
I have a 200 page publication that I have created in Mspub2003 and need to be able to print first only even pages, then odd pages on the back side of the first print. I can do this in Word but can't find the option in Pub. Assistance would be greatly appreciated. Ken Like I said before, it's very tempting to compare Word and Publisher but you can't depend on those two programs having the same features. I will assume that you have some sort of .pdf creating software on your system. (Most of us who use Publisher do. If you don't, you should.) Adobe Reader will allow you ...

Excel for Mac 2004
People, I have an eMac running OS 10.2.8 with Office 2004 for Mac installed. I applied all the latest updates for Office. I am trying to create a header for an Excel worksheet. When I go to File/Page Setup, header/footer tab, I select "customize header" and then select the center section. I type in my header and then select all text to change the font style to a larger font. I do a preview to see how I like it. Not good enough so I go back to select the center text again however this time the text does not show up in the center section so I can't edit it - font characteri...

how to use collapse/ expand fuction in excel like outlook

Losing some print options
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I've used Word for Mac since the day it was first released and dozens of different printers and never seen this problem. The same problem shows up using either a Canon or Kodak printer. <br> When printing a 20 to 50 page doc (double sided) I select to print odd pages first and it usually Q's up properly and prints normally. Then when I select to print the even pages, instead of a single Queue containing all of the even pages I get 2 or 3 Queues each containing part of the even pages. This makes us...

Chaning Print Settings in Password Protected File
While the data is very good, the 'publisher' didn't put much thought and/or effort into what it looks like in printed form ... Is there a way to modify 'page setup' parameters for an Excel file that is password protected? Good evening Cheryl B Only by unprotecting the worksheet, changing the print settings and then reprotecting the sheet again. if you don't have the password, look here for how to do it without the password: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html If you're unfamiliar with VBA and putting this code into a module I have an add-in av...

Have 2002 publisher need FREEupdate/download to see 2003 version?
I have Microsoft publisher 2002. I can't open 2003 publisher files. Please help/advise. Spencer Have the sender save them as 2002 format. There are only two other choices, purchase 2003 or have someone with 2003 convert them for you. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Spencer" <Spencer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26F686C9-F645-4691-BB9D-866BAD41A3AF@microsoft.com... >I have Microsoft publisher 2002. I can't open 2003 publisher files. Please > help/advise. > Spencer The good news is that 2003 and all future editions will be able to ope...

Slow Navigating Folders for attachments!!
Using Outlook-2002. Recently, since about a month ago, when I try to save attachments or attach files to messages and attempt to navigate to the folder of interest (after I click on the attach button), navigation is VERY slow - like if I click on a sub-folder, it may take over a minute for that sub-folder to open. It doesn't matter if other apps are running, or if I'm just changing to a different drive, or to the root directory. Everything takes minutes! It renders it useless :-( Any ideas? ...

Re: Microsoft Excel
Hello Jim, I repaired permissions, but it doesn't change anything... Any other idea? Tatjana This page is not in English so I can't be sure it has a fix for the problem, but it sorta looks like it: http://futureshare.lip6.fr/Office.html -Jim -- Jim Gordon Mac MVP MVP FAQ <http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;mvpfaqs> Tatjana Tesic wrote: > Hello Jim, > > I repaired permissions, but it doesn't change anything... > Any other idea? > > Tatjana > ...

Word 2003
It takes sometimes 10 seconds when I press crtl+c (copy) or crtl+x (cut) in a text inside Word 2003. Even if it is only one word it takes a lot of time just to copy or cut or paste it. That does not happen in Excel or Power Point only in Word. Please can anybody help me to solve this very annoying issue? Thank you very much indeed, Anderson From reading other postings on this forum, it seems that poor AddIns can cause this latency. I have also found that doing a clean up of the temp files seems to help as well. Hope this helps DeanH "Anderson" wrote: ...

vertical lines on calendar don't print
I'm trying to print a yearly calendar for 2004...whe I go to print it out, the vertical lines do not print. What do I need to do? Thanks Lewis is this program the Funky Bunky draw program that runs on a Apple and printing out on a Daisywheel printer? How about you tell us what version of Windows, Publisher and brand and model of your printer. -- After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from lewis <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I'm trying to print a yearly calendar for 2004...whe I go to print > it out, the vertical lines d...

Excel doesn't apply the cell format
Hi all! I've extracted some data from an Oracle Database and put it in an excel-sheet. The data contains text-columns and number-columns. The Problem is that I can't calculate with the numbers because they're not recognized as numbers. If I change the cell-format from text to number excel-ignores it. It only works if i go into a cell, edit it and hit the enter button. Then this cell will be recognized as number. Please Help! Thx, --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Copy an unused cell. Select your range and click Paste Special / Add. This will try to ...

Slow Slow Slow
When I click between different emails in my inbox, it takes ages for it to appear on the display. My internet connection is super fast. I have recently had to reinstall Office XP and I think a setting has been changed somewhere. I have an anti-virus but it never slowed it down like this before. To put in perspective, I've had 120 spams today and its took 37 minutes to delete them because of this problem. I have ran a virus check and its fine. Any thoughts on a registry tweak?? Cheers Carl Carl Sheldon <ccshell@courtlands5.freeserve.co.uk> wrote: > When I click between differe...

"Match" function
I have a spreadsheet opened in Excel 2007 with the following values (fo formulas -- values are hard-wired) in cells A3 through A18: 39,814 40,179 40,544 40,909 41,275 41,640 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Cell A1 has the value 39,814 -- the same as cell A3. In cell C3, I have the following formula: '=MATCH(A1,A3:A18)." The formula returns the value "16" -- the total number of entries in A3 - A18. If I shorten the MATCH formula to include only the values through A14 (or any lesser row), it returns the value "1" -- the correct answer. Agai, there are...

slow loading, slow updating
I am using MS Money in a non-standard application. I am maintaining ledgersin checkbook fashion for 100 accounts, each set up as a separate checking account. Each of those has 3 transactions set up as automatic bill pays. Other than that, there are very few entries, averaging 6 per year at most. The program takes about 5 minutes to load. Corrections, such as posting bill payments, takes approx 10 seconds to cycle through: Open, edit, enter, wait........ Open, edit, enter, wait.....etc. I am not doing any online updating or anything like that. Is there anything I can do to speed this ...

Giving away Publisher 2003 this year!

Excel "save as" function.
Microsoft excel XP will not let me save a document using the "Save as". How do I get this fucntion working? What happens when you try to use the Save As? Error message? Alert message? Nothing? Any other functions that don't appear to be working? Specifically File>Open? Read this google search result and see if anything applies. http://snipurl.com/ep4l Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 5 May 2005 03:38:02 -0700, help me please! <help me please!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Microsoft excel XP will not let me save a document using the "Save as"...

button to print to Acrobat Distiller
I would like to create a button to print to my Acrobat Distiller. I know this can be done through the Report's Page Setup however I don't always want the report to print to the Acrobat Distiller. I figure the easiest solution is to have a "Print" button that sends reports to the default printer and a "Print to .pdf" that sends reports to the Acrobat Distiller. I currently use this Print button: Private Sub Print_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Print_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim strWhere As String strWhere = "[txtProfileID] = """ & _ For...

Please suugest a good Excel Book
The company that I work for is going to by me an Excel book. We use Excel 2002 runnning on XP. Does anybody have any idea of a good book, especially with formula examles, that is widely available in the UK? Thanks, Take a look at Debra Dalgliesh's site: http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlbooks.html I'm partial to John Walkenbach's books on XL, and both his and Green, Bullen, Bovey and Rosenberg's VBA books. In article <Martin.swwbo@excelforum.com>, Martin <Martin.swwbo@excelforum.com> wrote: > The company that I work for is going to by me an Excel book....

Excel Drop Down Box
I have Excel 2003. I have created several drop down boxes. I need to know how to assign a value (ie a dollar amount) to each choice in the list. For instance, if a person picks option R1 from my 1st drop down box, I want R1 to have a value of $10.00, but if they pick P1, I want it to have a value of $5.00. This would go on for each drop down box. I currently have 3 total. Once a choice is made from each box, I want a dollar value created based upon their choices. Create a table somewhere with the first column listing dropdown choices, second column containing correspondin...

Label Printing Issue
Hi guys, The Zebra LP2844 I'm dealing with prints the first label with the correct orientation (Landscape) but the rest of the labels in the same batch come out as Portrait. I have setup the printer with the latest driver available from Zebra. I have specified the Landscape orientation in both the printer preferences and the Advanced tab, under the printer properties. The label template has been used before and it worked just fine. The Zebra tech guy printed a few labels from Word with the correct orientation, as proof that it's an RMS related issue. Any suggestions to resolv...

How do I select two colors for Gradient Fill Excel 2007
Hi, I get the one color, but it seems that the other color defaults to a color that I can't change. Please help. Thanks -- Hennie I dont have a solution but a suggestion...... I would record a macro doing what you want manually and then inspect the generated code to see what you are missing in your code. Chrisso On 14 Aug, 00:04, Hennie <Hen...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I get the one color, but it seems that the other color defaults to a color > that I can't change. > > Please help. > > Thanks > -- > Hennie ...

Paste rows of numbers from Word into single Excel cell
Am trying to copy a list of numbers from Word and paste into a single Excel cell, and keep the numbers in rows. However, the numbers paste into separate Excel cells in a column instead of a single cell. Any easy way to do this? >>Also separated the numbers in Word with the manual line breaks instead of the paragraph marks, but same result in Excel. >>Can a "hard carriage return" be used in global replace in Excel? Also replaced the paragraph mark in Word with a dash and pasted in Excel. It pasted into one cell as a text string. Planned to use global replace to repl...

Can you create calendars in Excel from data?
I am looking for a way to use the data entered in Excel to make an actual calendar. Is this possible or does Excel not have this functionality? ...

Slow Viewing e-mails
Suddenly it's very slow to view e-mails in Outlook 2002. Any kind of e-mail, with or without attachments. It worked fine until a few days ago. Anyone have any ideas? Found an answer to the problem in another post. Simply turning of the Messenger Integration fixed everything. /Johan >-----Original Message----- >Suddenly it's very slow to view e-mails in Outlook 2002. >Any kind of e-mail, with or without attachments. It >worked fine until a few days ago. Anyone have any ideas? >. > On 25 nov 2003 Johan wrote: > Found an answer to the problem in another pos...