Slow Macro #2

Macro's that ran fine on earlier versions of Excel run
super slow on Excel 2002.
0
anonymous (74719)

Hi
see your other post

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Chris Cradic" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:104e301c43f4f$d6a9e040$a101280a@phx.gbl...
> Macro's that ran fine on earlier versions of Excel run
> super slow on Excel 2002.

0
frank.kabel (11126)

vba macro day 2
Yesterday we had the folowing below conversation, but I am confused what you mean by your second part that I need to handle the argument something like............ Thanks Public sub workbook_open() call Macro18("Sheet1") call Macro41("Sheet2") end sub but you would need to handle the argment, something like Sub Macro18(sh as String) With Worksheets(sh) ... End With End Sub -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "itsme" <itsme@discussion...

Build is slow.
Hello. The environment is 6.0 vc++. When one DLL has 1700 source codes. Build is slow. debug start takes time. Please teach a good solution. Thanks, Buy a faster computer. ;) AliR. "teratera" <teratera@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23DF80A8-723F-43A3-A5D9-7722EEA97578@microsoft.com... > Hello. > > The environment is 6.0 vc++. > When one DLL has 1700 source codes. > > Build is slow. > debug start takes time. > Please teach a good solution. > > Thanks, > "teratera" <teratera@discussions.microsoft.com>...

List Listbox items in column by macro
Hi all, I got two listboxes on a spreadsheet and in those listboxes I got data like (see below) Listbox1 Listbox2 XX AA VV XX AA SS etc=85=85=85.. I need macro on a button which should match listbox1 items with listbox2 items and then list matched items one time in column A and list unmatched items as normal in column A. So the result in column A should look like as below A=85=85=85..col XX VV AA SS Please can any frined can help me on this. ...

Macros with unknown table lengths
Hi, I'm relatively new to macro programming with excel, and I'm having trouble dealing with variable length data. Every week I get a spreadsheet that has data in columns A through J, and rows 1 through somewhere around 3000 plus or minus a hundred or so, and 3 sheets. I need to take the data from sheets 2 and 3 and append them to the bottom of sheet 1, as well as put a formula into column K and copy it down to the end of the data. When I tried to record a macro doing this, it always saves a cell address for the last row in this particular spreadsheet, so it won't work on next wee...

Slow Navigating Folders for attachments!!
Using Outlook-2002. Recently, since about a month ago, when I try to save attachments or attach files to messages and attempt to navigate to the folder of interest (after I click on the attach button), navigation is VERY slow - like if I click on a sub-folder, it may take over a minute for that sub-folder to open. It doesn't matter if other apps are running, or if I'm just changing to a different drive, or to the root directory. Everything takes minutes! It renders it useless :-( Any ideas? ...

How to apply a macro to a protected cell
Hi In Excel 2002/2003 when you protect your sheet you have some options. You can also protect your sheet with code like this all macros are working then (97-2003) Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="ron", userinterfaceonly:=True End With End Sub -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "greensl" <greensl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE149290-3561-48C2-83A7-FF5EBB1EFA24@microsoft.com... > ...

Unable to record macro
When recording a macro an 'Unable to record' message appears when I try to record a formula. Here is the formula that seems to cause the problem: =IF(ISNA(MATCH(Cont!$C77,Purchases!$BM$24:$BM$2000,0)),"",IF(INDEX(Purchases!Y$24:Y$2000,MATCH(Cont!$C77,Purchases!$BM$24:$BM$2000,0))="UpdateCC",INDEX(Purchases!$AP$24:$AP$2000,MATCH(Cont$C77,Purchases!$BM$24:$BM$2000,0)),"")) Anyone know why this should happen? Thanking you in advance. Pat Hi PC Sorry that is a typo error, even with the correction the error message still appears. "PC" <p...

Add column to database diagram with macro
Hi all. I'm trying to write a macro that will automatically add a column (with a specific name, data type, and notes) to the selected table in the diagram. I tried recording the macro, but nothing got added to the code. Any ideas how I would do this? the problem is that the database tools are add-ins and the code is closed. al <Ben.Bawden@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1174988465.050373.115520@y66g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Hi all. > > I'm trying to write a macro that will automatically add a column (with > a specific name, data type, and notes) to the sele...

Word 2003
It takes sometimes 10 seconds when I press crtl+c (copy) or crtl+x (cut) in a text inside Word 2003. Even if it is only one word it takes a lot of time just to copy or cut or paste it. That does not happen in Excel or Power Point only in Word. Please can anybody help me to solve this very annoying issue? Thank you very much indeed, Anderson From reading other postings on this forum, it seems that poor AddIns can cause this latency. I have also found that doing a clean up of the temp files seems to help as well. Hope this helps DeanH "Anderson" wrote: ...

Slow Slow Slow
When I click between different emails in my inbox, it takes ages for it to appear on the display. My internet connection is super fast. I have recently had to reinstall Office XP and I think a setting has been changed somewhere. I have an anti-virus but it never slowed it down like this before. To put in perspective, I've had 120 spams today and its took 37 minutes to delete them because of this problem. I have ran a virus check and its fine. Any thoughts on a registry tweak?? Cheers Carl Carl Sheldon <ccshell@courtlands5.freeserve.co.uk> wrote: > When I click between differe...

slow loading, slow updating
I am using MS Money in a non-standard application. I am maintaining ledgersin checkbook fashion for 100 accounts, each set up as a separate checking account. Each of those has 3 transactions set up as automatic bill pays. Other than that, there are very few entries, averaging 6 per year at most. The program takes about 5 minutes to load. Corrections, such as posting bill payments, takes approx 10 seconds to cycle through: Open, edit, enter, wait........ Open, edit, enter, wait.....etc. I am not doing any online updating or anything like that. Is there anything I can do to speed this ...

Automatic Reply #2
I am trying to set up an automatic reply to e-mails while I am out of the office for Microsoft Office 2000. Could someone please tell me how I can do this. Thanks! Do you connect to an Exchange Server? If so, select Tools | Out of Office Assistant. You need to make sure your Exchange administrator has enabled automatic replies to the Internet for this to work with messages coming in from the outside, however. If you don't use Exchange Server, check out this article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;248830&Product=out2K -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~...

BMP to JPG #2
My sofware is storing screen snapshots to a BMP file. I would like to transform BMP to JPG to save disk space. Does anyone know of some good code that can transform bmp to jpg? Oyvind there are many Freeware Libaray available for doing this, you can check this link http://www.codeproject.com/bitmap/cximage.asp -- With Regards Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "I think this will Help" "Oyvind Hansen" <oyvind@scantrol.no> wrote in message news:P1zVd.440$ai7.8612@news2.e.nsc.no... > My sofware is storing screen snaps...

Last Date Included in Campaign #2
hi May i please seek some clarification on the purpose of this field and when it is updated and not updated, I would appreciate some advice. Regards Snow White This field is automatically set to Today's date whenever a Campaign Activity is distributed to the Contact/Account/Lead in question. So when a Phone Call Campaign Activity is Distributed to a group of 5 Contacts - each of the 5 Contacts 'Date Last Included in a Campaign' is at that point set to Today's date. -- Kind Regards, Paul McQuillan. CRM Consultant "Snow White" wrote: > hi > > May...

Macros not displaying in Run Macro dialog box
I have an Excel 2000 spreadsheet that when opened in Excel 2003 the macros do not appear for selection. Everything is fine when opened with Excel 2000. I've set the macro security to medium and low, but no avail. Any ideas? You're positive that the workbook opened in xl2003 (successfully)? And you don't have "macros in" pointing at the wrong workbook? (Maybe changing "macros in" to "all open workbooks" on that dialog will help.) Kevin wrote: > > I have an Excel 2000 spreadsheet that when opened in Excel 2003 the macros do > not appea...

Unexpected behavior #2
I am having a unique intermittent problem I am hoping someone can hel me with. I have a large Excel VPA application that has several button on the "Config" sheet that execute different VBA scripts. There ar also a large number of drop down list boxes. On a fairly regular basi an unusual behavior occurs, when you click on a drop down box one o the buttons (always the same button) magically moves to the drop dow box that was clicked. Once this happens the first time, every time yo click on a drop down box the button moves to that box. You can clos and reopen the file and it will conti...

CRM Update Rollup 2 05-16-07
I noticed some CRM blog posts that slated a release for the 2nd update rollup yesterday. Obviously (and expectedly), this has been delayed. Anyone out there know when we can expect to see this? No details yet ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "MD" <MD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:005FA98B-D203-4554-921D-AA0BCB435D8F@microsoft.com... >I noticed some CRM blog posts that slated a release for the 2nd update >rollup > yesterday. Obviously (and expectedly), this has been delayed. Anyone o...

Slow Viewing e-mails
Suddenly it's very slow to view e-mails in Outlook 2002. Any kind of e-mail, with or without attachments. It worked fine until a few days ago. Anyone have any ideas? Found an answer to the problem in another post. Simply turning of the Messenger Integration fixed everything. /Johan >-----Original Message----- >Suddenly it's very slow to view e-mails in Outlook 2002. >Any kind of e-mail, with or without attachments. It >worked fine until a few days ago. Anyone have any ideas? >. > On 25 nov 2003 Johan wrote: > Found an answer to the problem in another pos...

LookUp in macro?
I'm building a database to process sales leads and orders. Data from the leads AND orders are stored in the same table ("Orders"). I use a "Lead" form to add and edit the lead information (which happens to be only a small part of the information used in a potential order) and this goes into the "Orders" table. When a lead turns into a sale, I've built a macro (button-activated from the "Lead" form) to open the "Process Sale" form so I can enter the rest of the sale information into the "Orders" table. Every order has an au...

User Authentication #2
Dear All, I am having problems with one of my users. When he was using CRM he jsut left his desk for five minutes came back and saw that he was having an "Authentication Error". Since then I have reassigned roles and even deactivated and activated his users. Unfortunately the problem continues. Please urgently respond with solution. Hi, did you anything with his account in AD? Please also be more specific about error details - which version of CRM are you using, set show developers error on, etc. Erik Faiz Amir wrote: > Dear All, > I am having problems with one of...

Formula to count no. of months between 2 dates
What is the formula to display the number of months between 2 dates? Thanks, Melissa Have a look at this site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.aspx -- Regards! Stefi „Melissa” ezt írta: > What is the formula to display the number of months between 2 dates? > > Thanks, > Melissa =DATEDIF(A1,B1,"m") On 23 Mar, 08:27, Melissa <Meli...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What is the formula to display the number of months between 2 dates? > > Thanks, > Melissa I forgot to mention I am using Excel 2000. I us...

why GetFieldValue() is so slow
I get connected a vfp6 dbf file, and the total record number is about 50000, I want to export specified field value ( most of their type are string), and the result is correct, but it works toooooo slow, and I find the function GetFieldValue takes most time. my code is: while(!m_Rs.IsEOF()) { for(index=0; index < m_ListDest.GetCount(); index++) { strLine=m_pSortItem[m_pSortList[index]]; m_Rs.GetFieldValue(m_pSortList[index], strVal); strVal.TrimRight(_T(' ')); if(strVal == "" && m_isFilter) continue; strLine.Insert(0, _T('[')); ...

Outlook 2003 Pro with XP Pro Too Slow with McAfee 2004
I just bought a new high-end brandname laptop with XP Pro. In it, I: - installed Office 2003 Pro, - installed McAfee Internet Security Center 6.0 2004 (including Firewall, AntiVirus, Privacy Service, Spamkiller), and - downloaded and installed all latest MS and McAfee software updates, by the books. Hoping to lessen intra-computer response, I opted out some sub-features in McAfee. The installations were easy. Without McAfee, Outlook 2003 was fast, reliable. After installing and working with McAfee, Outlook 2003 is miserably slow in most operations (send/receive, clicking on ema...

macro query disable download failure
Hello, I have a macro which retrieve different queries from the web. It happens that a resource at that moment isn''t available. If this happens the querie gives a message which said unable to open http://webpage This message i don't want to display (other routines herefor). I use "Application.DisplayAlerts = False" but this won't help. Can anybody help me with this problem. Thanks ...

lost news command #2
I was trying to set up outlook for newsgroups. When I tried to add news to the go menu it dissapeared and I cannot seem to get it back. I ran detect and repair and also tried to reset the toolbar, but nothing helped, and news is still missing from the go menu customize box. Thank You Outlook 2003 11.8118.813 SP2. I woulld like the option of launching it from the go menu, but the command is lost. Could you give me other examples of launching the news reader. "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message news:AD147A22-34E6-4496-ADC5-DF28FA562FD7@...