Skype/Excel add in

We sent our spreadsheets on a daily basis to our shops. We and our shop
communicate via Skype and I want an 'add in' in our spreadsheets (For a
example look at http://tinyurl.com/7ff3a

I want the Callto:// commando integrated in my excel sheet. Why I thin
it's possible? The Mailto commando works in Excel, it will automaticall
open your mailclient. The Callto script/commando should automaticall
open you Skype application and phone one of your contacts.

How can I create this (Macro?) in my excel sheet. Your help is muc
appreciated.
Kindest regards,

Jan Folme

--
janfolme
janfolmer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2629

brush up on your visual basic skills

"janfolmer" wrote:

> We sent our spreadsheets on a daily basis to our shops. We and our shops
> communicate via Skype and I want an 'add in' in our spreadsheets (For an
> example look at http://tinyurl.com/7ff3a
>
> I want the Callto:// commando integrated in my excel sheet. Why I think
> it's possible? The Mailto commando works in Excel, it will automatically
> open your mailclient. The Callto script/commando should automatically
> open you Skype application and phone one of your contacts.
>
> How can I create this (Macro?) in my excel sheet. Your help is much
> appreciated.
> Kindest regards,
>
> Jan Folmer
>

> --
> janfolmer
> janfolmer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26297
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395774

0
Mike1154 (1216)
8/15/2005 2:09:11 PM
Mike, yeah, I am on a forum to ask some questions. My VBA skills are
limited, that is exactly the reason why I post my question.
I know that this 'callto' command is Java and that it is completely
different to VBA. What exactly are you trying to say? Do not post "VBA"
questions until you have enough VBA skills?

--
janfolmer
janfolmer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26297
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395774

How can I delete rows from Pivot Tables in Excel 2000 as in 97
I was able to delete multiple unwanted rows from Excel 97 Pivot Tables. Now I find I can only delete rows individually by untagging them in Excel 2000 Pivot Table. This is far too time consuming... Does anyone have a faster Solution ...

Opening Excel spreadsheets via explorer
Hello! I'm hoping the experts here can help me with this quirky issue. I have a user who when she double clicks on a spreadsheet from her My Documents folder or from an email or such, Excel 2007 opens yet will not open the document itself. If you click around long enough it usually will open, or if you go to the open dialog you can open it that way. Here's what I have tried - under Excel Options/Advanced I've tried both unchecking and checking the option to ignore other applications that use DDE with no luck. Also have tried modifying how the sheets open using this - Applicatio...

Excel XML
We have created a web application that allows users to generate Excel documents. We use Excel XML to create the document and allow users to open or save the document. This all works fine. The problem occurs after the created file has been opened on the users' computer and stays open for a while. Every now and then Excel crashes. Excel also crashes when the user tries to Save As.. the document. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why that occurs. ...

Excel
In excel 2002, after i enter data the cursor will move after a couple of seconds. I don't press any key. (not enter or tab). Does anyone know how to turn this off? Try Tools|Options and on the Edit tab, uncheck "Move selection after Enter" Jerry mitzi wrote: > In excel 2002, after i enter data the cursor will move after a couple of > seconds. I don't press any key. (not enter or tab). Does anyone know how to > turn this off? you can try one more trick after entering instead of hitting <enter> hit <control+enter>. the value will be entered bu...

password issues in Excel 2002
I am trying to help a friend with an Excel project. She is a teacher. We are using Excel 2002. She would like to have 30 files for 30 people on a network drive everyone can access Each of the 30 files would be password protected. (Save As, Tools, General Options). Each person could access her own file but no one else's. She would like me to create a Grand Total sheet that would take data from each of the 30 files and link the data to show the overall totals. Everyone could see the totals, but they could not see the individual scores each teacher had. I can do all of t...

How do I make range bar graphs in Excel 2002?
Range bar graphs represents the dependent variable as interval data. The bars rather than starting at a common zero point, begin at first dependent variable value for that particular bar. How can I do this? Hi, I think Jon's example of floating bars may help. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FloatingColumns.html Cheers Andy jeffkoko wrote: > Range bar graphs represents the dependent variable as interval data. The bars > rather than starting at a common zero point, begin at first dependent > variable value for that particular bar. How can I do this? -- Andy Pope, Micr...

Umlaute with Excel
I have a US-keyboard, but I often have to write Excel- table in German. How can I make a Macro say "Ctr a" for a- umlaut? Can I do this globally under "Windows"? Thanks, Klaus Roggenkamp Klaus, You can't use a macro while you're typing in a cell. Instead, to produce � hold down the Alt key and using your numeric keypad, enter 0228. That is, if two dots is an umlaut - I'm not certain this early in the morning ;-) HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "K. W. Roggenkamp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1485c01c418a0$0e0ec720$a...

Can't open files from outside Excel
I am running Windowns XP home with Office 2000. Suddenly the progra will not allow me to open files from outside Excel. If I go to Window Explorer and click on a particular file to open it, the error messag says the system cannot locate the file. I then have to open excel an find the file through the program to be able to open it. Same problemn if I receive an excel sheet in an email. I have to firs save the file to some folder and then open it by first opening Excel an looking for the file. I have downloaded the latest update but I am unable to install thes because my licence disks a...

Compatibility between Excel 2003 and 2008 (Windows & Mac)
My company uses both Macs and PCs and there is a need to use Shared Workbooks. We have come across a few issues with doing so: Data loss (2008 & 2003), unable to save over existing file(2008), and out of memory (2008). The issue does not always occur, but occurs more often than not. The most prevalent issue is not being able to save over the existing file. I have instructed my users to Save As, and then rename the file as a workaround. I have not been able to provide any support to them for data loss or for the memory issue. Many times they will lose multiple hours worth of wo...

Converting Lotus 123 to Excel
Hi there Is there a staightforward way of converting Lotus 123 worksheets to Excel 2000 without using any third Party Apps and without losing any of the Formula functionality from 123 ? "Paul Duane" <paul.duane@leaseplan.ie> wrote... >Is there a staightforward way of converting Lotus 123 >worksheets to Excel 2000 without using any third Party >Apps and without losing any of the Formula functionality >from 123 ? ..123 files? There are only 3 pieces of software that do anything with them: Lotus 123 itself (32-bit versions), Quattro Pro 10, and DataViz's Conv...

skype
Anyone know how to clear the list on the skype opening page that lists all the calls you make and don't get answered? Bill Walsh wrote: > Anyone know how to clear the list on the skype opening page that > lists all the calls you make and don't get answered? Why wouldn't you refer to the Skype documentation/FAQs and/or ask those who created and support the product in question (Skype) instead of a Windows Vista related newsgroup? Skype support main web page: https://support.skype.com/ Skype forums: http://forum.skype.com/ Skype step-by-step: http://w...

A question about Excel 2003 Dialog Boxes
I am a little bit puzzled when it comes to dialog boxes, I'm trying to understand why the arrow keys (on the key board) don't work when making cell or range reference. For instance, the 'Define Name' dialog box has a control box called 'Refers to', when making entries the arrow keys are not assigned to the active curser but are assigned to the active cell on the worksheet. Can anyone answer why this is? P.S. I know how to navigate without the mouse. -- GoBow777 When in these dialog boxes you are in Enter or Point mode(as can be seen on Status Bar) Moving the a...

Removing decimal on Excel 97 from the Currency Column
I have a spreadsheet and I need to re-format the currency that now contains decimals example 133.50 and I need it to show 13350 (no decimals). I have tried everything and I cannot get the rid of the decimal. Can someone please tell me how to do this. Thanks! You can use a help column and a formula =--SUBSTITUTE(TEXT(A1,"0.00"),".","") or edit>replace and replace . with nothing of course it will return 1335 instead or 13350 which the formula will return -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussi...

Formating Cells in Excel
Can I format a cell to automatically show a value in red if the value is a negative %? Sure, go to Format->Cells->Number and paste this format in the custom type: 0%;[Red]-0% Regards, A "David" wrote: > Can I format a cell to automatically show a value in red if the value is a > negative %? yes- go to Format and select Conditional Formatting. It works like a formula box with IF (cell) is equal/greater/less than than XXXX, then (insert format result- like Font Red) "David" wrote: > Can I format a cell to automatically show a value in red if the val...

How to alphabetize a column of names on Excel, Word
As in subject Look for Sort in the Help file -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "greenemick" <greenemick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E1B22C5-FEF5-4335-B4BD-9589DD438E8F@microsoft.com... > As in subject ...

footers in excel
Can anyone tell me how to create a footer in excel that enables you to locate the file path of the current file (like you can do in Word). It seems that the footers in excel are limited to only what you have available in the footers box. I currently place the file path on my spreadsheet at the very bottom of the page using a hyperlink that points to the current file with the link removed so that it appears as text. But is there another way ?? Thanks xl2002 has this option built in. You could write a macro that adds the footer or you could download John Walkenbach's AddPath ad...

excell documents
when i double click on excell documents on my desktop nothing happens. instead, i must open excell first click on file then open its then that my documents opens. any idea on what might be causing this. makolomakwem@ananzi.co.za -- hunter Can you single click the excel document to highlight it from the desktop. If so, can you then select "Enter" to open the document. Does the double-click issue happen with any other items on the desktop? "hunter" wrote: > when i double click on excell documents on my desktop nothing happens. > instead, i must open excell first...

Excel slow down
Hello, i have been using excel to fill in weekly time sheets, one sheet per week. All the workbook contains is a few formulas to work out and total my decimal hours each day, and a short macro to copy and clear a new sheet for a new week (with a userform to get the week start date). at random times, the file size automatically increases from about 500kB to 10MB and starts taking about 10 to 15 minutes to load up. this doesn't occur when i run the macro, it is just random. The only thing i can do is start a new workbook and copy formats then values then import macros, all individu...

excel 2002 #5
When I hit save I get an incremental save how do I turn this off??? ...

pdf file to excel
i have an .rpt file converted to pdf. its in the form of rows an columns. can i use this in excel... i trie the usual methods.. but cudnt conver it.... plz help me with this,,, :) thank yo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Harlan Grove recently posted this: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=OfoQcRvcEHA.2816%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl It might be worth a try for you. "tintin16 <" wrote: > > i have an .rpt file converted to pdf. its in the form of rows and > columns. > can i use this in excel... i trie the usual methods.. but cudnt convert >...

Linking Excel columns in two different excel programs
Hi, I have a few excel programs that require the same column of information. I would like to be able to somehow link the column in the different programs so when I add data to the column in one program, excel automatically adds it to the column in the other programs. When I say program, I mean spreadsheets but these spreadsheets are apart of different excel documents or projects. Is it possible to link the columns? Also, is it possible to have about 6 rows in one spreadsheet to automatically display in another sheet without cut and paste? Any help would be great. Thank You Launch He...

Live messenger and skype problem
Whenever I start a video call, my volume will just go down so much that i cant hear what i'm watching in youtube. It occurs right after i started video call. Any idea? -- Moonflow ...

Excel Chart Trouble on Auto-Filtered List
I'm plotting a chart based on visible cells in an auto-filtere spreadsheet. Everything works fine as far as the data and legend range go (cols 2 and 3 below). My problem is I want to add a text box to th chart and link that box to the name of the data being plotted, but need to show only a "distinct" cell from the range, i.e. in the exampl below the linked text box shows "GAIG GAIG GAIG" because those cells ar visible. I can't seem to find what Excel function/feature or formula t use to make this display just "GAIG" or "AFG" in the linked text ...

How do I convert Excel 2003 to Excel 98 format?
How can I convert an Excel 2003 spreadsheet to an Excel '98 format? where can i find 98 format in save as? "gls858" <gls858@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uH9w%233UNFHA.3772@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... : fortjoly wrote: : > How can I convert an Excel 2003 spreadsheet to an Excel '98 format? : If you have 98 Excel and you are trying to open a 2003 file there isn't a : way to convert it. You need to save the file from 2003 as a 98 format. : : gls858 XL98 is Mac XL -- Windows XL has 95 97 2000 XP and 2003 "gls858" <gls858@yahoo.com> wrote in mess...

Works off disk and into Excel
I need to pull off a disk my projects in works spread sheet. Anyone know how this might be done? You must load the files into Works (one at a time, I suppose) and save them in a format that Excel can read. Excel cannot convert them. On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 18:30:01 -0800, "Vi" <Vi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to pull off a disk my projects in works spread sheet. Anyone know how >this might be done? ...