Size of excel work book is not full screen

The excel work I have been sent is not full screen (about 3/4 size). Clicking
on blue header does not make it full screen. It is not possble to stretch the
window either.
0
Mike1154 (1216)

Maybe the workbook is protected with the windows option checked.

Tools|Protection|unprotect workbook (if that option is available)
You may need a password.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Outlook 2007 Icon on Start Menu doesn't work
Don't know what I did but the Outlook 2007 Icon at the top of the Start menu has changed from the original and when I click it I get Internet Options, not Outlook....all the other Icons for outlook work OK. How can I revert to the original working icon? thanks "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:eZRv9v$hHHA.588@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Don't know what I did but the Outlook 2007 Icon at the top of the Start > menu has changed from the original and when I click it I get Internet > Options, not Outlook....all the other Icons for ...

Page Size Sheet Size Not The Same
Hi - I'm having trouble with printing in Publisher 2007. I have a 5.5x8.5 page size and I want to print that size paper. I've tried to set the sheet to custom size in the printer setup, but Publisher still want a 5.5x8.5 Publisher size printing on a full 8.5x11 sheet. I don't get it. I never had this problem with the Publisher 2003 or anyother MS product including the other Office 2007 programs. Can anyone help clue me in? Even if I create a document as 5.5x8.5 size it will publish a 8.5x11 .pdf file. Please Help! Jerry The new Publisher page setup is not user friendly. ...

Screen Size
Dear All, I don't know if anyone can help but when I compose a message, the view of the message is huge! The font looks as though it's size 20 and it's driving me absoultely mad...... However, the emails in my sent / deleted files are normal size. Does anyone know why the view is so huge on my composing view and how I can get it back to normal? I've tried everything to no avail..... Many thanks! Sarah Grange, you wrote on Tue, 7 Oct 2008 02:05:00 -0700: > I don't know if anyone can help but when I compose a message, the view of > the message is huge! ...

Does anyone have an SRS analysis tool in Excel?
I am looking for a free-ware shock response spectrum Excel application? If you have a suggestion, could you please respond? Thanks, Bill Waring ...

Converting files for Excel
How do I convert *.wdb and *.mdb files and bring into excel? I have files from other people that made lists in access. In Excel there is no listing for these files. Any help? Open the access file and highlight the table you want to export t excel. go to File/Export In the Save type as: box click on the drop down and pick microsof excel In the save in: box click on the drop down and pick what excel file th table will be imported to and highlight. Click Save Hope this helps you. Larr -- keithl81 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- keithl816's ...

VC6++ and Excel
I write a program that can create a Excel file,But I don't know if it can be used in a PC whitout Excel installed If its possiable,what objects must be installed with may program,and should i register it to Windows registery? hi, I assume that you have used Excel's automation objects to create the xls file. If that is the case, then you cannot run your program if excel is not installed. I don't know what are the DLLs that are required to do it seperately. hth gangadhar cheng wrote: > I write a program that can create a Excel file,But I don't know if it can be used i...

Error
Any help appreciated I suspect this has something to do with either permissions and/or excel setting but ... HTML (or CSV) file is saved to network share Attempt to open this file using Excel ( 2000 or XP ) and get information (i) error message "The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding." If file is saved to local drive, there is no problem opening this file from within Excel How can we open this file direct from Excel? ...

Integration Manager
I am trying to create an integration from an Excel file. I was able to use the ODBC options that will use the Excel file. I saw in another thread where I have to name the range? So I named the whole worksheet as a range but the Query BUulder says too many fields. So I named the range of data, and now nothing shows up to select in the query builder. I cannot find any help with this in the manuals. thanks Here are the steps I follow: 1.. Create the Excel file. Highlight the columns on the worksheet and give them a name in the Name Box (the box right above cell A1). This name will be ...

Mailbox size
Hi, for some time i noticde that my live mail doesn't receive new messages unless i delete some old messages. i would leik to know if ther eis a maximum mailbox size in Live Mail. thank you. The mail box capacity is controlled by your isp. Check your account in the web interface to ensure you have not maxed out = your isp limit for your account If your account in WLM and a prior email client is/was configured to = never delete from the server, you may have over an extended=20 period of time reached your limit -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "Mirogzy" wrote...

speed up mailbox size increases
we have an AD structure with a NLB EXCH 2003 FE and a clustered 2003 BE. We have a developed application that manages mailboxes, assigns the mailbox quota, and manages the email addresses. If a user asks for a larger mailbox quota, we change it within the application, and the application immediately changes it in AD. Unfortunately it seems like quite a lengthy process between when AD knows about the change and the Exchange server starts to act on the new quota amount. Is there a way I can tweak either AD or Exchange so that the changes occur on a more regular basis. Typically it tak...

Inventory using excel
I am using an excel spredsheet to keep inventory of parts, I have: A-item B-min level C-items used D-items recvd E-items on hand 1 2 abc 5 1 0 4 3 def 1 0 1 2 I am using formula : E2=B2-C2+D2 However while this work for first time, when i try and input new used item i have to manually add new used to exiting used to get right total for items on hand. I will be typing new data in c2 or d2 as used or recvd and would like e2 to keep udated totals...

Excel 2003 Trashes Imported Dates
My local date in Windows/Reional & Language options is DD/MM/YYYY So how come Excel 2003 trashes dates imported from MYOB Accounting for the 1st to the 12th of each month, and treats my MYOB DD/MM/YYYY dates as if they were MM/DD/YYYY ?? Can someone get the folks (clowns ?) at MS to FIX this problem A.S.A.P. please ?? Is there a work-around / script to fix this ? Am getting thoroughly sick of having to manually fix the dates in ledger reports exported to Excel 2003. (This problem doesn't occur in Excel 2000) kyeoward@hotmail.com Alice Springs NT Australia 27/04/2005 On Wed, 2...

How do I increase font size in the reading pane in Outlook 2007?
Previous versions had a command button to cycle through font sizes tiny > small > normal > big > tiny > ... The nearest I can get in Outlook 2007 is to open the received email in edit mode and then select all and then choose a font size via a font dialog. Silicon.Com sends a weekly newsletter out in HTML using a very small font, which I need to enlarge for comfortable reading. Surely I've missed a very simple command button, but searching local and on-line help for "increase font size" etc. brings no help. ...

Where to ask- running Excel from .NET?
Hi all, I have been over at the MSDN forums and someone pointed me here. I am trying to create an instance of Excel from within .NET so I can populate it with some data and save it. All works fine. However, after I tell excel to quit (which it appears to do), if I go into task manager, I can see it is still running. And if I do the process again, I get 2 copies of Excel in task manager. This is with Excel 2007 and Win XP. I have tried a bunch of things, none of which have worked. One possibility is that I work in at a defense contractor and it might be that they ha...

How can I display a cell range in a text box in excel?
I want to display the contents of a cell range in a text box. I know how to put contents from one cell in a text box but I need to put the contents of 24 cells in my text box. Or how can I change the length and height of cells below other cells without changing the other cells length and height. Is there a way to put a line to freeze panes to change the length and height of cells below the line? Would the '&' work for this problem. eg if A1 = "Pat" and B1 = "Hughes" then the formula A1&B1 would return PatHughes, formula A1&" "&...

Opening files at Excel startup
I have set Excel to go to a directory file containing a mix of excel and quatro pro files, and folders with excel and quatro pro files in them. Suddenly, every time I startup excel, it attempts to open all of the "loose" excel and quatro pro files in the directory. This forces me to have to wade through a list of error messages regarding incompatible formats, etc. This started after I attempted to translate a quatro pro file into excel and was asked to insert my Office XP CD as I was attempting to use a feature that was not yet on my machine. Ever since, I have had this problem. ...

Backup file size
I run a script to backup my databases. The critical lines of code are: OSQL -U sa -P password -S ServerName -Q "BACKUP DATABASE StoreOps TO DISK = 'C:\RMS Backup\DailyBackup1.bck' WITH FORMAT, STATS And a second line just like the first for database HQ and filename DailyHQBackup.bck The files generated are 107MB (Store Ops) and 196MB (HQ). Recently I executed a 'no going back' query so I manually backed up my database. I don't normally check the file size when I do this sort ofthing, but last night my backup media (DVD-RW) ran out of space... The HQ Admin-ge...

Email an Excel file (automatically) or scheduled
I need to be able to send an automated email everyday to one address, with an Excel file as an attachment. I do not want to have to rely on Outlook, it's installed on our computers, however we use Lotus Notes (with an intranet) to send email. Are there any tools that can do this? JO Hi wojo Try the CDO option http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm Use Ontime to run the macro http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "wojo" <wojo36@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1121001336.696767.260810@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com.....

Excel file very large in size?
I have made excel workbook with 10 sheets. It is simple and has one sheet with graph, and also 4 pictures of size 300Kb. Why excel file is over 3100 Kb in size, or this is ok? Thanks in advance Marc Excel is noted for over-estimating the actual used range on a sheet. See Debra Dalgleish's site for info and instructions for resetting. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:37:45 +0200, "Marc" <marc5@hotmail.com> wrote: >I have made excel workbook with 10 sheets. It is simple and has one sheet >with gra...

priv1.edb still has large size even no mailbox on it
Dear all, I have an Exchange 2000 mailbox store on W2K SP4 which has priv1.edb file size is 27 GB. Last month I create new mailbox store with the database name is priv2.edb and move the mailbox on the old mailbox store to the new one. But after there is no mailbox anymore on the old mailbox store, I wonder because priv1.edb file size still have the same size. Please help. Thanks. regards, Nita A priv.edb file will not dynamically shrink when you delete or move mailboxes from it. If you want to recover the saved space immediately you will need to run eseutil in defrag mode to compact...

Refresh problem for the size grip with Windows XP style
Hi, We have an dialog application with a scrollbar size grip. On Windows XP with visual style, there is a refresh problem for the size grip region. Without the XP style, everything is OK. I have noticed the same behavior with Notepad. Any ideas will be appreciated, Thanks ...

Making my App only work so many times
I was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction or give me some ideas of how to make my App only run a few times until I get paid for my work. I recently was fired for wrecking a company car, but now they have called me to write them a small App. (Guess they needed me more then i needed them, LOL..) I'm thinking they will pay me but they will sell it to other companies in our area. I would like to get paid if they do. I was thinking of making a ini file to hold how many times the app could open before it needed a password. But how can i change the passwor...

Why does this code not work?
The following code gives me 'function not found'. According to the Help page for Eval function, it should work? Private Sub butRun_Click() Dim strMod As String strMod = "Gumbo" Eval (strMod & "()") <========= fails here End Sub Private Function Gumbo() As Boolean MsgBox "Gumbo" Gumbo = True End Function "mscertified" <rupert@tigerlily.com> wrote in message news:745CFEDE-8C04-44EC-969A-6D325A8633E8@microsoft.com... > The following code gives me 'function not found'. According to the Help > pag...

Exchange 5.5 import/export of mailbox size limits
I need to do an import/export of an Ex5.5 directory that would change the mailboxes size limits. Basically, I need to replace whatever is in the Issue Warning Prohibit Send Prohibit send and Receive .... account fields, and change these "manually" via a spreadsheet. I have several 100's of these to do and would like to do it via a CSV file in the Exchange admin export/import. What should the header of csv file be ? obj-class,directory name,Issue Warning?,Prohibit Send? Prohibit Send Receive? Thank You, SRP 2 of the column headers will be: Issue warning storage limit...

Matching records (Excel 2007)
I have two text files: FILE-1 has 2,500 rows, each cell contains a nine-digit number. Examples: 391300004 453140065 672260027 FILE-2 has 1 million rows, each containing two or three nine-digit numbers. Examples: 391300004 391140021 391300004 391140021 391411001 391300004 391140021 391411002 453140065 453741001 453140065 453741001 460191001 453140065 453741002 453140065 453741002 460191002 453140065 453741003 672260014 672260046 672822058 672260014 672260046 672822059 672260017 672260041 672260017 672260041 673020006 672260017 672260042 672260017 672260042 672260047 6722...