Single click selects multiple cells

When clicking on a single cell multiple cells are selected. The one time
solution for this is to zoom in or out. This is problematic as 60% seems to
be the zoom that works most of the time but at this zoom level the cell
contents do not display. The time lost and the frustration that builds is
killing my productivity and office attitude. Please give all of us a permanet
fix.
--
Thanks
Mike

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c38fbb9b-db71-49da-b780-8652e2432451&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try a single(!) click on [F8].
Micky

"Mike1558" wrote:

> When clicking on a single cell multiple cells are selected. The one time
> solution for this is to zoom in or out. This is problematic as 60% seems to
> be the zoom that works most of the time but at this zoom level the cell
> contents do not display. The time lost and the frustration that builds is
> killing my productivity and office attitude. Please give all of us a permanet
> fix.
> --
> Thanks
> Mike
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c38fbb9b-db71-49da-b780-8652e2432451&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc
-1
Please don't post the same question multiple times. Did you try the F8? If so
and that did not work then here is a known issue in 2007

Try setting the Zoom level a little lower or higher.

The multiple cell selection is a bug in Excel 2007.

The zoom-changing appears to fix it.

A few postings have made the suggestion and it seems
to work.

Here is one such posting.

http://tinyurl.com/3wofsf

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Mike1558" wrote:

> When clicking on a single cell multiple cells are selected. The one time
> solution for this is to zoom in or out. This is problematic as 60% seems to
> be the zoom that works most of the time but at this zoom level the cell
> contents do not display. The time lost and the frustration that builds is
> killing my productivity and office attitude. Please give all of us a permanet
> fix.
> --
> Thanks
> Mike
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c38fbb9b-db71-49da-b780-8652e2432451&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc
If you read my post this is an inadequate solution. The time wasted zooming
in and out and the increasing frustration that acompanies this one time (this
is not a fix) bandaid is ruining my production and office attitude. I need a
permenant fix.
--
Thanks
Mike

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

> Please don't post the same question multiple times. Did you try the F8? If so
> and that did not work then here is a known issue in 2007
>
> Try setting the Zoom level a little lower or higher.
>
> The multiple cell selection is a bug in Excel 2007.
>
> The zoom-changing appears to fix it.
>
> A few postings have made the suggestion and it seems
> to work.
>
> Here is one such posting.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3wofsf
>

> --
> HTH...
>
> Jim Thomlinson
>

> "Mike1558" wrote:
>
> > When clicking on a single cell multiple cells are selected. The one time
> > solution for this is to zoom in or out. This is problematic as 60% seems to
> > be the zoom that works most of the time but at this zoom level the cell
> > contents do not display. The time lost and the frustration that builds is
> > killing my productivity and office attitude. Please give all of us a permanet
> > fix.
> > --
> > Thanks
> > Mike
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c38fbb9b-db71-49da-b780-8652e2432451&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc
You won't get it here.

Wait for the fix............or maybe it has been fixed in 2010?

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 18:53:01 -0800, Mike1558
<Mike1558@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>If you read my post this is an inadequate solution. The time wasted zooming
>in and out and the increasing frustration that acompanies this one time (this
>is not a fix) bandaid is ruining my production and office attitude. I need a
>permenant fix.

0
Gord
2/4/2010 4:36:58 AM
I have done some testing and it appears that the problem exists only in Page Layout view and when there is more than one page displayed in your Excel window. If I shrink the window size and/or scroll such that only one page is displayed, the multi-select behavior stops. But if I scoll such that just the tiniest bit of another page is displayed, it starts again.

Also if I switch to Normal view, the problem stops.

Thats my $.02

Mike1558 wrote:

Single click selects multiple cells
03-Feb-10

When clicking on a single cell multiple cells are selected. The one time
solution for this is to zoom in or out. This is problematic as 60% seems to
be the zoom that works most of the time but at this zoom level the cell
contents do not display. The time lost and the frustration that builds is
killing my productivity and office attitude. Please give all of us a permanet
fix.
--
Thanks
Mike

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c38fbb9b-db71-49da-b780-8652e2432451&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Wednesday, February 03, 2010 12:43 PM
Mike1558 wrote:

Single click selects multiple cells
When clicking on a single cell multiple cells are selected. The one time
solution for this is to zoom in or out. This is problematic as 60% seems to
be the zoom that works most of the time but at this zoom level the cell
contents do not display. The time lost and the frustration that builds is
killing my productivity and office attitude. Please give all of us a permanet
fix.
--
Thanks
Mike

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c38fbb9b-db71-49da-b780-8652e2432451&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Wednesday, February 03, 2010 12:52 PM
????? (????) ????? wrote:

Try a single(!) click on [F8].Micky"Mike1558" wrote:
Try a single(!) click on [F8].
Micky

"Mike1558" wrote:

On Wednesday, February 03, 2010 1:25 PM
Jim Thomlinson wrote:

Please do not post the same question multiple times. Did you try the F8?
Please do not post the same question multiple times. Did you try the F8? If so
and that did not work then here is a known issue in 2007

Try setting the Zoom level a little lower or higher.

The multiple cell selection is a bug in Excel 2007.

The zoom-changing appears to fix it.

A few postings have made the suggestion and it seems
to work.

Here is one such posting.

http://tinyurl.com/3wofsf

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Mike1558" wrote:

On Wednesday, February 03, 2010 9:53 PM
Mike1558 wrote:

If you read my post this is an inadequate solution.
If you read my post this is an inadequate solution. The time wasted zooming
in and out and the increasing frustration that acompanies this one time (this
is not a fix) bandaid is ruining my production and office attitude. I need a
permenant fix.
--
Thanks
Mike

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

On Wednesday, February 03, 2010 11:36 PM
Gord Dibben wrote:

You will not get it here.Wait for the fix............
You will not get it here.

Wait for the fix............or maybe it has been fixed in 2010?

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

WPF Binding Beyond the Limitation of Name Scopes
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/ef583104-e507-491d-b05f-49faac8854c8/wpf-binding-beyond-the-li.aspx
0
Hinson

Save a single worksheet in Excel as a single file.
I have multipe worksheets in a single workbook. I would like to be able to save each worksheet individually. I want to send each worksheet to an individual, I do not want to send the entire workbook. All information must be retained in the one workbook, but as the individual worksheets are updated, the individual worksheet needs to be saved and sent to that individual. Help anyone? Thanks. Linda you can probably find the answer here. http://www.rondebruin.nl/ -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Dakota" <Dakota@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Excel shortcut/Multiple windows weirdness
Hi, I'm using excel 2000 and I coudl swear that until today, when I dbl-clicked on various shortcuts on my desktop or explorer to xls files, each would open a new instance of excel, so I could move the individual windows around my desktop or close one and the others would remain open. Tonight, however, this isn't the case. All the shortcuts I click on, open a new excel file, but they all open within a single instance of excel. The taskbar shows as many excel buttons as files I have open, which is fine, but I want them to be actually separate instances or at least windows that I can m...

EnsureVisible -- the selected node remains hidden under the horz. Scrollbar.
Hi, I tried below code to visible tree control item; I have derived my class from CTreeCtrl. if (stricmp(SelectStr.c_str(), CompareStr.c_str()) == 0) { SelectItem(hItem); EnsureVisible(hItem); } In spite of the code calling EnsureVisible on the tree ctrl, the selected node remains hidden under the horz. Scrollbar. You have to click the down arrow on the vert. scrollbar exactly once to see the (pre)selection. This problem is only when I have horz. Scrollbar on my tree control. Even I tried this one also, //HTREEITEM htreeItm = GetFirstV...

multiple series of values graphed with indep. x values -possible?
I'm trying to make a line graph with three different sets/series of data points (y values are dollars, x axis is specific dates). I can only figure out how to make it so that there is only one series of x-values, with three y-values associated with each x-value. Is it possible to have three lines on the same graph, but not necessarily common x-values in the data points. Let me know if you can help! Thanks. That's a shortcoming with line charts. In fact, the name "line chart" is probably misleading you. Use an XY chart, and format the series to have lines and markers...

How do I change the hyperlink from ctrl/click to a gloved pointer
Need to change hyperlink contact from a control click to just the finger pointer as mouse passes over the hyperlink. This only happens when you preview your web page. File, web page preview. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "DK" <DK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27E63A52-EAC8-47D3-AD23-E68CA9B2C199@microsoft.com... > Need to change hyperlink contact from a control click to just the finger > pointer as mouse passes...

Returning Multiple Values in a Single Cell
Hello, I posted this same question a couple of weeks ago but forgot to mention a key point. My question was as follows: I have read a few posts regarding this subject but am still somewhat lost. I have a two sheet workbook (Excel 2000). On the first sheet is a list of projects that my department will complete during the year. A description of each project is given, a start date, an end date, as well as which crew will be completing the work (Crew 1 or Crew 2). What I am trying to do on the second sheet is to be able to type in any date, and have the description of the project on that da...

Auto Row Selection of ListView
How do I automatically highlight the first row in a list view on it being built? >How do I automatically highlight the first row in a list view on it being >built? William, Have you tried using something like: list_ctrl.SetItemState( 0, 0, LVIS_SELECTED|LVIS_FOCUSED); Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq Yes but that doesn't work. I want the first row in the list view to be automatically highlighted. "David Lowndes" <davidl@mvps.org> wrote in message news:967tmvsue34sr937h7vkuecd0i171u073m@4ax.com... > >How do I automatically highlight th...

Adding Multiple Records
Hi, I am attempting to add multiple records to a table from a command button. All but one of the fields will be the same for each record. I have checkboxes with user names, and I'd like to add a record for each user that is checked. The form is unbound - with textboxes that will hold the standard information for each record. I just need to add separate records based on whether the user's checkbox is checked... if chkbox.value = -1 then docmd.runsql "insert into..." I'm having trouble setting up the loop and/or recordset. Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

Can't type or click anything
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I recently tried to open a .docx file that was sent to me by email. I noticed I could not make any changes to the file, but could read it fine. Now I can't type or click anything in Word, even on a new document. The problem is not my keyboard, and textedit seems to work fine. I have the same problem when I try OpenOffice. ul49@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel I recently tried to open a .docx file that was sent to me by >...

Expanding selected data
When creating a chart in 2007, I select a range of data containing sales by month. I forgot to select the column or cells cotaining the sales categories so the chart shows series1, series 2, series 3 and so on. I expanded the selected data by dragging out the colored box/border surrounding the selected data, but the my chart did not updated. why? how can my chart update automatically when modififying the selected area? Thought it was possible in 2007. Thansk Hi, If your chart didn't include a title range then there is no purple border available to expand. The blue border i...

Convert column values into a single cell
I have a worksheet that contains a column of data - almost 2000 rows. need to combine/concatenate data from multiple rows of the column int a single cell. I have been using the "&" function - i.e. a2&", "&a3&" "&a4&", "&a5&", "&etc - to accomplish this. This works fine if I jus have a few cells to convert but unfortunately I have over one hundre and it becomes very time consumming, even with copy and paste. It is not consitent how many rows I may have to extract the data from In so cases it is only one row ...

Referencing cells using a combo box
I have the following problem... I want to make a combo box drop-down list that permits the user to select a month. The selected month can then be referenced on other sheets in the workbook. Currently, I've got twelve rows containing: January, February, etc... I also have a combo box that references those twelve cells, and outputs the selection to a dummy cell someplace. So when you use the box to select, say, April, the value "4" is output to the dummy cell. Now I'm stuck, even though it seems very simple. How do I use the value in the dummy cell to pull out the appropriate ...

ClearContents if #VALUE! found in cell
Hi All........ This code works fine for a text string as "oldest", but I want it to work if the cell value is #VALUE! (basically, clear or delete the row is the #VALUE! error is found) Dim oldest As String oldest = Range("data!k1").Value 'value is a text string With Sheets("ALL12") lastrow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row For r = lastrow To 12 Step -1 If .Cells(r, "b").Value Like oldest Then .Rows(r).EntireRow.ClearContents End If Next r End With Any help would be ...

Multiple Images on a single page
I have jut completed a report that creates classroom seating plans where the seats are placed at certain coordinates over the page, and the student names are placed in the same location. This was done using vba when formatting the 'class' header, and with the detail section minimised to nothing. I also have, as part of their records, the pupil images as OLE picture objects. I was wondering if it was possible to move a control to a given x,y coordinate and then set it to display an OLE image? Where I can see how to set the text in a label etc. I cannot see what sort of control ...

single instance?
For my Windows application, can I just use: if( m_hPrevInstance != NULL ) return FALSE; in the InitInstance() to make sure only one instance run? Do I have to use the Mutex? Kathy, The m_hPrevInstance parameter is a holdover from Win16. It is no longer in use, so you do have to use some other means of telling if your program is already running. Rich "The m_hPrevInstance data member is always set to NULL in a Win32 application. To detect a previous instance of an application, test for the existence of a named mutex/event." There was a post sometime back here, where I had s...

Excel validation using multiple conditions
Hi I am faced with a situation where i need some help. I a having a worksheet which calculates the number of leave accumulated fo an employee. when we choose a particular option for the employee, say "xx" whe he/she works overtime, right now i have set up a formula to calculat the number of times this occurs. I need help to further enhance this functionality. Based on the date o which the "xx" is entered into a particular employee's row, i need t create another column which validates the particular date and check whether more than a month has elapsed from the date...

Multiple customers on one sale
Is there away to charge multiple customers on 1 sale? I am selling an item but recieving donations from various people and want to track who gave and how much, I have just been adding comments but there is not enough room, and I would like to be able to have it track who gives what. -- Dan Shuman Salem Cycle Salem, MA 01970 The only ways I can think of doing this would be to have each customer as an item and put the amount they are donating as the Price. Or have a custom addon that allows you to choose the customers and enter a donation value and tracks the customers and what they dona...

How to know that character type in one cell of xls is more that s.
Q : How to know that character type in one cell of xls is more that s... E.g How i will come to know that i typed more than specified charater, when i am typing in that particular cell Your character to test is in A1 In another cell enter =CODE(A1)>CODE("s"). You will get TRUE or FALSE Or use =IF(CODE(A1)>CODE("s"),"Bigger","Not bigger") -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Dharamendra" <Dharamendra @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2427962-5283-43FD-B9B0-5B367EA2470A@microso...

Cell To Be Filename
Anyway that say that the contents of cell B5 When saved become the filenam -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Sample: In J2 Sheet1 >>> "Testaroonie" (without quotes) In a standard module put: Sub testme() Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show _ Worksheets("sheet1").Range("j2").Value & ".xls" End Sub HTH "Dan_Crew >" <<Dan_Crew.12n8bj@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Dan_Crew.12n8bj@excelforum-nospam.com... > Anyway that say that the contents of cell B5 > Whe...

Contacts Folder - Single Contact
We just upgraded from Office 97 to Office XP. In Office 97 if I have a contact with multiple e-mail addresses - and I open the contacts folder from the addressbook the contacts show up as follows - Work Contact Work Contact (E-Mail 2) In XP the 2 entries show up as - Work Contact Work Contact It does not distinguish the 2 different addresses unless you click Properties. A lot of my users are complaining. I have been through everything trying to find an option, fix anything. Does anyone have any suggestions. Thanks ...

sorting data from different sheets into single sheet
this is for a fantasy football sheet that i am creating. i have multiple sheets, one for each player position (QB, WR, RB, TE). on each sheet, i have columns for name, and projected points (as well as other columns that aren't relevant). my goal is to create a new column on a new sheet, that basically lists the best players available, regardless of position. so basically, i need say the top 10 players, ranked by their projected points, regardless of position. and i need this list to be constantly updated, because players will be drafted, and i will no longer want them listed in this &quo...

Cell Contents Cut Off in Print and Print Preview
We are using Excel 2002 version 10.6501.6626 on Windows 2000 and XP. We have a spreadsheet where the longest vertical cell in each row when printing (and using print preview) has the bottom cut off by the line separarating the cells on some PC's. The problem has nothing to do with operating system (we use both XP and 2000 and have seen the problem on both), print drivers or user settings. Spreadsheet prints or does not print correctly on a particular pc regardless of user logged in. Excel build is same on working and non-working pc's. I have seen two workarounds mentioned on f...

why do 5 workbooks open when I double click one
I double click on an Excel file and 4 or 5 files open simultaneously. you have workbooks stored in your XLStart folder, a hidden folder that you could put workbooks in it in order to open workbooks automatically once you open excel. to get rid of this problem, you have to turn on "show hidden fikes" in windows. to do this, double click on my documents --> go to tools,folder options, underf iles and folders, check "show hidden files and folders" radio button then click ok. go tothe path below, assuming C is the letter for your hard drive, and ofcourse User is your...

Delay in execution when Button is clicked.
Hi, I'm developing an application using MFC that plays WAV audio files. My user interface consists of 3 buttons - Play, Pause and Stop. When I click the play button, my program Reads the WAV file in chunks of 1024bytes and stores them in a static array. The array is processed in another function and the array is refilled in a while loop. On clicking the Pause button the file being played should be Paused. I am facing some difficulty here. Although the play and pause are working fine, there is a delay in execution for the "OnPauseClick". (When the pause button is clicked). I...

Labels DOUBLE click event not firing...
On Nov 9 1999, 1:00 am, "-oWc-" <ewo...@hotmail.com> wrote: > I've a Label in my forms... > there are two procedures; one for single click and another fordouble click. > ...The problems is, > it will only calls the procedures for the single click only whereas the > procedures fordouble clicknever been called even the userdouble clickon > theLabel. > I have the exact same problem.. the single click event always fires regardless of how many times the user clicks on the label....I thought my Label or Form or entire Database might be corrupted so, i creat...