Single click selects multiple cells

When clicking on a single cell multiple cells are selected. The one time
solution for this is to zoom in or out. This is problematic as 60% seems to
be the zoom that works most of the time but at this zoom level the cell
contents do not display. The time lost and the frustration that builds is
killing my productivity and office attitude. Please give all of us a permanet
fix.
--
Thanks
Mike

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c38fbb9b-db71-49da-b780-8652e2432451&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try a single(!) click on [F8].
Micky

"Mike1558" wrote:

> When clicking on a single cell multiple cells are selected. The one time
> solution for this is to zoom in or out. This is problematic as 60% seems to
> be the zoom that works most of the time but at this zoom level the cell
> contents do not display. The time lost and the frustration that builds is
> killing my productivity and office attitude. Please give all of us a permanet
> fix.
> --
> Thanks
> Mike
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c38fbb9b-db71-49da-b780-8652e2432451&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc
-1
Please don't post the same question multiple times. Did you try the F8? If so
and that did not work then here is a known issue in 2007

Try setting the Zoom level a little lower or higher.

The multiple cell selection is a bug in Excel 2007.

The zoom-changing appears to fix it.

A few postings have made the suggestion and it seems
to work.

Here is one such posting.

http://tinyurl.com/3wofsf

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Mike1558" wrote:

> When clicking on a single cell multiple cells are selected. The one time
> solution for this is to zoom in or out. This is problematic as 60% seems to
> be the zoom that works most of the time but at this zoom level the cell
> contents do not display. The time lost and the frustration that builds is
> killing my productivity and office attitude. Please give all of us a permanet
> fix.
> --
> Thanks
> Mike
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c38fbb9b-db71-49da-b780-8652e2432451&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc
If you read my post this is an inadequate solution. The time wasted zooming
in and out and the increasing frustration that acompanies this one time (this
is not a fix) bandaid is ruining my production and office attitude. I need a
permenant fix.
--
Thanks
Mike

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

> Please don't post the same question multiple times. Did you try the F8? If so
> and that did not work then here is a known issue in 2007
>
> Try setting the Zoom level a little lower or higher.
>
> The multiple cell selection is a bug in Excel 2007.
>
> The zoom-changing appears to fix it.
>
> A few postings have made the suggestion and it seems
> to work.
>
> Here is one such posting.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3wofsf
>

> --
> HTH...
>
> Jim Thomlinson
>

> "Mike1558" wrote:
>
> > When clicking on a single cell multiple cells are selected. The one time
> > solution for this is to zoom in or out. This is problematic as 60% seems to
> > be the zoom that works most of the time but at this zoom level the cell
> > contents do not display. The time lost and the frustration that builds is
> > killing my productivity and office attitude. Please give all of us a permanet
> > fix.
> > --
> > Thanks
> > Mike
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c38fbb9b-db71-49da-b780-8652e2432451&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc
You won't get it here.

Wait for the fix............or maybe it has been fixed in 2010?

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 18:53:01 -0800, Mike1558
<Mike1558@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>If you read my post this is an inadequate solution. The time wasted zooming
>in and out and the increasing frustration that acompanies this one time (this
>is not a fix) bandaid is ruining my production and office attitude. I need a
>permenant fix.

0
Gord
2/4/2010 4:36:58 AM
I have done some testing and it appears that the problem exists only in Page Layout view and when there is more than one page displayed in your Excel window. If I shrink the window size and/or scroll such that only one page is displayed, the multi-select behavior stops. But if I scoll such that just the tiniest bit of another page is displayed, it starts again.

Also if I switch to Normal view, the problem stops.

Thats my $.02

Mike1558 wrote:

Single click selects multiple cells
03-Feb-10

When clicking on a single cell multiple cells are selected. The one time
solution for this is to zoom in or out. This is problematic as 60% seems to
be the zoom that works most of the time but at this zoom level the cell
contents do not display. The time lost and the frustration that builds is
killing my productivity and office attitude. Please give all of us a permanet
fix.
--
Thanks
Mike

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c38fbb9b-db71-49da-b780-8652e2432451&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Wednesday, February 03, 2010 12:43 PM
Mike1558 wrote:

Single click selects multiple cells
When clicking on a single cell multiple cells are selected. The one time
solution for this is to zoom in or out. This is problematic as 60% seems to
be the zoom that works most of the time but at this zoom level the cell
contents do not display. The time lost and the frustration that builds is
killing my productivity and office attitude. Please give all of us a permanet
fix.
--
Thanks
Mike

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c38fbb9b-db71-49da-b780-8652e2432451&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Wednesday, February 03, 2010 12:52 PM
????? (????) ????? wrote:

Try a single(!) click on [F8].Micky"Mike1558" wrote:
Try a single(!) click on [F8].
Micky

"Mike1558" wrote:

On Wednesday, February 03, 2010 1:25 PM
Jim Thomlinson wrote:

Please do not post the same question multiple times. Did you try the F8?
Please do not post the same question multiple times. Did you try the F8? If so
and that did not work then here is a known issue in 2007

Try setting the Zoom level a little lower or higher.

The multiple cell selection is a bug in Excel 2007.

The zoom-changing appears to fix it.

A few postings have made the suggestion and it seems
to work.

Here is one such posting.

http://tinyurl.com/3wofsf

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Mike1558" wrote:

On Wednesday, February 03, 2010 9:53 PM
Mike1558 wrote:

If you read my post this is an inadequate solution.
If you read my post this is an inadequate solution. The time wasted zooming
in and out and the increasing frustration that acompanies this one time (this
is not a fix) bandaid is ruining my production and office attitude. I need a
permenant fix.
--
Thanks
Mike

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

On Wednesday, February 03, 2010 11:36 PM
Gord Dibben wrote:

You will not get it here.Wait for the fix............
You will not get it here.

Wait for the fix............or maybe it has been fixed in 2010?

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

WPF Binding Beyond the Limitation of Name Scopes
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/ef583104-e507-491d-b05f-49faac8854c8/wpf-binding-beyond-the-li.aspx
0
Hinson

Save a single worksheet in Excel as a single file.
I have multipe worksheets in a single workbook. I would like to be able to save each worksheet individually. I want to send each worksheet to an individual, I do not want to send the entire workbook. All information must be retained in the one workbook, but as the individual worksheets are updated, the individual worksheet needs to be saved and sent to that individual. Help anyone? Thanks. Linda you can probably find the answer here. http://www.rondebruin.nl/ -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Dakota" <Dakota@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Changing the default highllight for selected cells?
I am new to 2007 XL and the highlighting for selected cells shows such a minimal difference to the original cell highlight (color) that it is very hard to distinguish between what is and is not selected... Any way to change or update the default highlight change for selected cells? Hi, No you can't change the default but Chip Pearson has this rowliner addin http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/RowLiner.htm -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. ...

Returning Multiple Values in a Single Cell
Hello, I posted this same question a couple of weeks ago but forgot to mention a key point. My question was as follows: I have read a few posts regarding this subject but am still somewhat lost. I have a two sheet workbook (Excel 2000). On the first sheet is a list of projects that my department will complete during the year. A description of each project is given, a start date, an end date, as well as which crew will be completing the work (Crew 1 or Crew 2). What I am trying to do on the second sheet is to be able to type in any date, and have the description of the project on that da...

Creating a formula which references a dynamic cell location
I have a routine for which variables "t" & "s" have a value. I would like Visual Basic to be able to enter a formula into the active cell so that it equals whatever value may be contained in cells (t,s) of the worksheet. I tried: Activecell.FoumulaR1C1 = "=R[t]C[s]" but it is not working. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Try: activecell.formular1c1 = "=r[" & t & "]c[" & s & "]" Darren wrote: > > I have a routine for which variables "t" & "s" have a value...

SSRS 2005 Tables, long cell
Hello, I have a table in SSRS 2005 that has a cell with very long content that spans across multiple pages. The data from the cells in the same row as the long cell repeat on each new page. Is there away to turn off that "repeat" function? I've tried turning off Repeat Headers, but that didn't work and this repeating is happening at the detail level. Rather than: Page 1: Column 1 Long Column 2 Page 2: Column 1 Long Column 2 Continued I want: Page 1: Column 1 Long Column 2 Page 2: Long Column 2 Continued Thanks in advance. Egg...

rpc-https on Single server
Hi, I am enabling rpc over https on single exchange server, which is also a DC and GC. After installing rpc proxy component on Windows Server 2003, I used ESM to enable rpc-http for Back-End server. Upon doing so, I got a dialog box complaining there is no Front-End server in my environment. However, the rpc-http for Back-End option is still selected. When I open outlook 2003 which is configured to use rpc-http, the connection status still use TCP/IP. I checked the rpcProxy ports in registry, all entries are defined correctly. Do I miss out any important steps or any websites I can refe...

Blinking Cell #2
I am thinking that this is impossible, but thought that I would as anyway. Is there a way within Excel to have a "blinking" cell? Preferbl without writing an infinte loop macro. Thank you, Joh -- kralj ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kraljb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=995 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27430 Hi not possible without vBA. You'll have to use the OnTime method and this would slo down Excel. So don't use it :-) If you need some cod...

Opening View Selection
In a prior version of Money, I was able to select "Last Page Viewed" as an option for the page loaded when Money starts! In Money 2007, you are presented with several choices. But, I want to go directly to "Portfolio". Is there any way to do this in version 2007? Thanks in advance! In microsoft.public.money, Patrick wrote: >In a prior version of Money, I was able to select "Last Page Viewed" as an >option for the page loaded when Money starts! In Money 2007, you are >presented with several choices. But, I want to go directly to "Portfoli...

Multiple Fields Query Question
Hi - I need to query multiple fields to find out how many times a specific horse was used for the purpose of a group or private lesson. My query is showing me "all" billing reasons as opposed to only the "lesson" ones. I've pasted the SQL below...is anyone able to help me with this? I just want to see the horses that were used for lessons only. I created this in Design View as I'm only familiar with creating queries that way, so if you could please be specific with any answers, I'd really appreciate it, since I do not know SQL. Thank...

Single Site Single Org Multiple Domains Exchange 5.5
Help anyone.... I have an Exchange 5.5 Server on a AD Domain and an Exchange 5.5 Server on a NT 4 domain. All same site and same org. I have been able to install the Exchange on the AD domain and join it to the existing site and org on the NT domain. My issue is that it will not replicate with any of the Exchange servers on the NT domain. I have a 2 way trust and I have no issues going back and forth between the 2 domains to access shares or any other resources between the two domains. The errors that I am getting in the Event Log are of course 9318 and 9322. I have tried host and lmhos...

Can I select Multiple Items in a Chart
I have a simple Bar Chart, and can't seem to figure out if there is a way to select, say 5 of the bars and apply color formatting to those 5 all at once. I can select all, and then on the next mouse click, I can select an individual bar, but in holding down the CTRL, SHIFT, and ALT keys, I cannot seem to select mutiple items. Is this possible? Maybe I am trying to group them for formatting purposes. Thanks, Brooks Hi, You can select All or 1. In non 2007 you can make use of the F4 button. Select the first individual bar and format it. Move to the next bar and press F4 to apply same ...

Openning new browser when clicking a hyperlink
Hi everyone; What do I do in order to get a new browser to open up automatically when clicking on a hyperlink from inside an email message in my Outlook Express? As it is now, only 5 new windows open, and I minimize them to the systems tray for use later. When I click on any additional hyperlinks, the new window opens in one of the exisiting minimized browsers in the tray below and I end up losing my place. Any help will be greatly appreciated Thanks Ed Control Panel-> Internet Options-> tab Advanced-> uncheck option Reuse windows for launching shortcuts Note that this is an ...

Outlook 2002 Receiving multiple copies of messages
I'm receiving multiple copies of my messages when I click on send/receive. Currently I'm using a dialin connection with Outlook 2002 and XP. Can anyone help? Thanks, Rose See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q284404 helps. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Rose" <roseking@capiscesolutions.com> wrote in message news:00bc01c3b051$911c81f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm receiving multiple copies of my messages when I click > on send/receive. ...

Trapping Mouse Clicks
Two questions. 1. In a CListCtrl displayed in Report view mode, with a header labeling the columns, I need to trap a mouse right button down message. The control has a native function to trap the left mouse button on a click in the header, but neither control nor the dialog are able to see the right mouse button. It would also be nice to have MFC tell me which column was clicked, but I can do that with a little math on the mouse position and the CHeaderCtrl pointer. 2. The dialog in question is resizeable. I want to resize and relocate controls on the dialog when it is resized. I...

Single record
Is it possible to print a single record per page? I have a spreadshee with 240 records and I want to be able to print a single record pe page, preferably with the column headings vertically down the side. have only a short time (about 20 hrs) to acheive this. : -- zigeune ----------------------------------------------------------------------- zigeuner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2752 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47047 How about a small macro to get you started: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim w...

Cell contents-display extends into next cell (???)
Hello, all [=D What's probably a very simple format-setting has got me baffled.... I was copying some columns & then pasting them (paste special > values) into a fresh worksheet, in order to get rid of all the tick marks at the beginning of the cells. The tick marks are gone. But now, for some reason I can't figure out, in the column's cells on the new sheet--in a column formatted as General-- when there's too much text to fit into their own column, it's extending into the neighboring cell. For example, if Column A is 75 pixels wide, and I happen to have 85 pixel...

Two accounts same machine share a single pst file
I have two accounts that I use on my machine each with their own pst file. I would like to have both accounts point to a single pst so that I don't have to use my pda to synch between the two. Any suggestions? John What you mean by "accounts" is not clear. Assuming you mean Internet Mail accounts, just setup both accounts in the same profile. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "dsfds" <dsaf> wrote in message news:422d7b17$0$6967$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... >I have two accounts that I use on my machine each with their own pst file. >I > would like...

Pivot table range selection changes when opening 2003 xls in Excel 2007
Has anyone noticed that Pivot table range selection gets messed up when opening a Excel 2003 document in Excel 2007? This causes some of the data to be left out from the table, which causes confusion. How can I prevent this from happening. We don't wanna redo all the spreadsheets in Excel 2007..... Thanks. saqib http://doctrina.wordpress.com/ On Jun 22, 6:12=A0am, Saqib Ali <docbook....@gmail.com> wrote: > Has anyone noticed that Pivot table range selection gets messed up > when opening a Excel 2003 document in Excel 2007? This causes some of > the data to be left out ...

Multiple pst files #4
I trying to use multiple pst files. I get an memory error after two pst files are active. There is a KB file( 907651 ) that recommends an Hotkey edit. The issue is that my registry does not have the \PST in this Hotkey recommended. Does anyone have any idea on why this subkey does not exist here?? From KB 907651: 2. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK. 3. Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\PST 4. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value. ...

Data Entry after Select Query
Is there a way to tell a Form to go to Data Entry = Yes, after you have populated two fields on a form? I am running.. Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) Dim varUnique As Variant varUnique = DMax("Key", "qryB_Update") End Sub But, after it populates the form with the data from the query, I would like to lock the form down to a Data Entry form. Keeping the data the I filled with the above code. Thanks. Yes, the dataentry options sets a new record. So best option is to lock the controls individually when you have opened the form. Remains the question...

DoNot Print selected cell
I used conditional formating to not print an area formula is =$B$9:$C$9="1" also used =$B$9:$C$9="x" font and pattern formats are set to white. Followed these guides: http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat03.html#Print I do not want to print cells B9 and C9 Slim Hi what problem did you exactly have following the instructions on both sites? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany SlimPickins wrote: > I used conditional formating to not print an area > formula is =$B$9:$C$9="1" > also used =$B$9:$C$9="x&quo...

VBA button on Developer ribbon can not be clicked
I have excel 2007 only on a fesh new win2k8 64 bit, activated developer ribbon, I can see a frame where I can see several buttons, 1st one is Visual basic but I can do nothing with it. I can only click on "Macro security button". I run repair office but did nothing Thanks in advance Wat happens when you hit [ALT]+[F11] ? "eliassal" wrote: > I have excel 2007 only on a fesh new win2k8 64 bit, activated developer > ribbon, I can see a frame where I can see several buttons, 1st one is Visual > basic but I can do nothing with it. > I can only cli...

Outlook 2007 with Vista 32
I often send pictures or groups of pictures by right clicking them and choosing the send to mail recipient feature. This allows me to use the resize tool to suit the recipient. I am used to the message closing automatically once it has been sent. It has now stopped doing this and just sits there. If I go to the out or sent box I usually find that it has gone. How do I restore the function to close the message automatically once it has been sent to the outbox? Thanks for any tips. something is "broken" - try detect and repair (office diagnostics in office 2007). You should also ...

is it possible to use F9 to manually calculate in a single sheet or single workbook?
is it possible to use F9 to manually calculate in a single sheet or single workbook? as i have got over 500 cells with vlookup in a single sheet, with more than 50 sheets in a workbook. Thank you!! Shift+F9 will calculate only the active sheet. From the XL Help for XL2003: ----- Press F9 Calculates formulas that have changed since the last calculation, and formulas dependent on them, in all open workbooks. If a workbook is set for automatic calculation, you do not need to press F9 for calculation. Press SHIFT+F9 Calculates formulas that have changed since the last calculation, and fo...

Problem clicking on url link in emails
I get a box that says "Locate link browser" and also the browser window. How do I get rid of the "locate link browser" box appearing whenever I click on a url link? Point it to IEXPLORE.EXE -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Robin" <robinhood2@juno.com> wrote in message news:hgl7l0hn8e8gjqgrmfuc0734s7ag6h7r0s@4ax.com... >I get a box that says "Locate link browser" and also the browser > window. &g...