Simplify formula in Aspen Data Browser Add-in

Hello to all

I want to simplify a formula of Aspen Process Data Add-In, this formul
are necessary 13 parameters, where 3 varian and the others ar
constant.

=ATGetAgg(TAG,Server,Map,StartTime,EndTime,Pediod,Calculation,AggMethod,AggStep,AnchorDsAdjust,NDSetting,Norientation,NTagDirection)

Parameters:

TAG
Server --->Constant
Map --->Constant
StartTime
EndTime
Period --->Constant
Calculation --->Constant
AggMethod --->Constant
AggStep --->Constant
AnchorDsAdjust --->Constant
NDSetting --->Constant
NOrientation --->Constant
NTagDirection --->Constant

I want a formula that contain 3 parameters:

e.g.: =Aspen(TAG, StartTime, EndTime)

and the result is identical like original formula ATGetAgg.

Sorry for my english.

Thanks

You could call that ATGetAgg() using your own function:

Option Explicit
Function Aspen(Tag, StartTime, EndTime) As Variant
    Aspen = Application.Run("workbookwithfunction.xls!atgetagg", _
	Tag, _
	"Server", _
	"Map", _
	StartTime, _
	EndTime, _
	"Period", _
	"Calculation", _
	"AggMethod", _
	"AggStep", _
	"AnchorDsAdjust", _
	"NDSetting", _
	"NOrientation", _
	"NTagDirection")
End Function

Replace each quoted string with the constant you want--including numbers.

"lunatic <" wrote:

> Hello to all
>
> I want to simplify a formula of Aspen Process Data Add-In, this formula
> are necessary 13 parameters, where 3 varian and the others are
> constant.
>
> =ATGetAgg(TAG,Server,Map,StartTime,EndTime,Pediod,Calculation,AggMethod,AggStep,AnchorDsAdjust,NDSetting,Norientation,NTagDirection)
>
> Parameters:
>
> TAG
> Server --->Constant
> Map --->Constant
> StartTime
> EndTime
> Period --->Constant
> Calculation --->Constant
> AggMethod --->Constant
> AggStep --->Constant
> AnchorDsAdjust --->Constant
> NDSetting --->Constant
> NOrientation --->Constant
> NTagDirection --->Constant
>
> I want a formula that contain 3 parameters:
>
> e.g.: =Aspen(TAG, StartTime, EndTime)
>
> and the result is identical like original formula ATGetAgg.
>
> Sorry for my english.
>
> Thanks.
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

How to sort a table with only formulas?
I have a table (several rows and columns) which I want to sort. All cells are formulas which references to other cells outside the table I want to sort. When trying to sort, Excel (both XP and Mac) sorts but a split second later it goes back to original non-sorted. Any suggestions? I could put the sheet on a webpage for you to see. Christian Christian, Formulas are sorted based on their value at the time of the sort, but then are reevaluated as if they were copied from the original cell to the cell where they end up, which usually means they change. You can either change all the cell refe...

Help with formula #33
I need to change this formula to include 3 more numbers. =IF(D3<>Sheet1!G1,E3*.0425/C3,F3) I need to also have .0217 and .0204 and .0850 in this formula. Is this possible? any help at all! Thanks in advance!!! May be this=85 =3DIF(D3<>Sheet1!G1,((E3*0.0425)+(E3*0.0217)+(E3*0.0204)+(E3*0.085))/ C3,F3) --- Sixthsense On Jul 14, 4:54=A0pm, Bob <bobandrich...@comcast.net> wrote: > I need to change this formula to include 3 more numbers. > =3DIF(D3<>Sheet1!G1,E3*.0425/C3,F3) > I need to also have .0217 and .0204 and .0850 in this formula. Is this > possible...

Need to duplicate (cut / paste ?) formulas but can't use $ (F4)
I have a massive array of formulas in three columns that I need to duplicate to the next three columns exactly as-is. I cannot use F4 b/c there are too many formulas to edit individually. If I cut the original columns, I can paste the contents into the new three cols, but I can't re-paste them back into the original columns. This would be ideal, but I don't know how to do it. Is there another way to exactly replicate the contents? One other complication is that the target cells do not sequence with the parent cells (rows = columns & vice versa; they're transposed and nonse...

show items with no data option in pivot tables
Can anyone help with some bizarre results I'm experiencing with the show items with no values check box in the field settings menu for pivot tables. It appears to be showing field headers that don't exist in my data???? I'm using Excel 2000. Debra Dalgleish has some techniques at: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html In fact, she has an addin that you may like: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivotAddIn02.html AHuntington wrote: > > Can anyone help with some bizarre results I'm experiencing with the show > items with no values check box in the field setting...

A cell displays many ###'s instead of the text data.
Cell is formatted to wrap. Surrounding cells are ok. How do we display the text? Expand the column width? "BelAir" <BelAir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C236A226-F2F3-4A2E-B91F-5EEE5F3D3FA4@microsoft.com... : Cell is formatted to wrap. Surrounding cells are ok. : : How do we display the text? BelAir, This usually means the column isn't wide enough. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "BelAir" <BelAir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C236A226-F2...

Help with setting up a formula
Hi. I need some help setting a formula for the following: Info on Sheet1 Operation Item A Item B Item C 1.Cut 10 min 12 min 15 min 2.Trim 22 min 19 min 17 min 3. Polish 13 min 14 min 16 min Info on Sheet2 01/11 02/11 03/11 Item A 9 units 5 units 5 units Item B 0 units 2 units 3 units Item C 0 units 2 units 1 unit Info required on Sheet3 01/11 02/11 03/11 1. Cut (tot min) (tot min) (tot min) 2. Trim (tot min) (tot m...

Can I add html to publisher doc for anchored link?
I am creating a simple one page newsletter in publisher to send out via a mailing list. It has brief synopsis-articles that have hyperlinks to my web page to the more detailed articles. I would like to be able to add the html code for an anchored link to the exact location within/down the page for a given article. I know the coding, I just don't know how, or if it's possible to add it, or edit the hyperlink that you insert via the menu. Thanks for any input! --Jeff Insert the anchor into the web page using insert > html code fragment. <A NAME="READHERE"></...

How do I make a formula that uses the fist cell as a starting posi
How do I make a formula that uses the fist cell as a starting position and then counts 4 cells down as the next result? Ex. A1 start cell, then A5, A9, A13, A17 etc. cheers Bjarne Have a look in help index for OFFSET -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "mrbshansen" <mrbshansen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5F8B8B2-669B-4BBD-A842-2156FC6EE1F1@microsoft.com... > How do I make a formula that uses the fist cell as a starting position and > then counts 4 cells down as the next result? > > Ex. > A1 start cell, then A5, A9, ...

newbie needs help with data storage
Hi, i have a problem which i am sure you can help me with.. i have written a spreadsheet which decides which horses to bet on in a race. one minute before the race a set of data is imported into the sheet and one two or more horses are picked. then one minute before the next race usually ten minutes later a new set of data is imported and the process begins again deleting all the info from the last race and replacing it with the new . now what i want to be able to do is store the name of the horse which appears in say cell a1 or a2 or a3 from the first race in order to use it to establ...

Hello. I have this formula loaded from a text field on a form: val([field10])+val([field20]) and I would like to use this as a code formula. I mean, if I use that in VBA code it works, but If I load from a text field it doesn't work. I need that my form use that formula stored in a text field to calculate values. Regards in advance, Marco Take a look at the Eval() function. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F0CDCE4-8B4A-4905-8D9E-6A851BBD5AFA@microsoft.com... > Hello. I have this for...

Traditional Chinese / Simplified Chinese Conversion in Office 200.
I can't do any offline Tradition Chinese / Simplified Chinese Conversion in Office 2007 English version? Anyone can help? high quality Soccer jerseys NBA Jersey tracksuit and jackets, GHD hairstraightener supplier from www.willpa.com Are you a Retail businessman who bother by the purchase price? China Cheapest TOP wholesale website can help you we are specialize in replica sport goods manufacturing in china, we can offer you all kinds of soccer jersey, NBA jersey,shoes and so on. they are the best brand replica goods whih are look the same as the original goods. exce...

Access 97 to 2000
I have an Access 97 application - runs in two databases - forms/reports in one database linked to the other database containing tables/data. We're updating to 2000. So I plan to issue a CD-ROM which installs a 2000 version of the code database and an empty 2000 table database. Need to convert the 97 data to the 2000 'data' database. One set of databases lives in C:\ProgramFiles\CSS and the other will install into C:\ProgramFiles\CSS2000. What's the best way to get this data over? Do I ignore the empty 2000 'data' database, and have everyone manually con...

How do you add text to custom columns created thru the Field Chooser pls?
Hello, If I create a custom text column via Field Chooser - New, how can I enter text into it afterwards? I'm looking to add an "annotation" column and not have it sent if/when I forward or reply to the message. Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003. Thanks, - Alan. If you directly want to fill it out in the message list you'll have to enable "allow in-cell editing" for your view. The technique would be similar to; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/150 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://ww...

Formula help #38
In cell A2 I input a year (2008, 2009 ect) in cell A11 I need a formula which will return a value which represents the first day of January of the year displayed in cell A2. On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 09:10:21 -0800, "Patrick C. Simonds" <ordnance1@comcast.net> wrote: >In cell A2 I input a year (2008, 2009 ect) in cell A11 I need a formula >which will return a value which represents the first day of January of the >year displayed in cell A2. =date(a2,1,1) --ron =TEXT(DAY("1/1/"&a2),"dddd") -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Sof...

If this or that Formula
Hello, need help with a formula. Lets said I have three columns that contain price: L M N ..02 .026 empty I want to do if L has price use that price. If is empty, and N has price, then use N price. If L and N are empty, then use M price. If L,M,N empty then show EMPTY. So basically. COlumn L is first, N is second and M is third. I'm not too familiar with a comlex If statement. Hope I make sense, Any help would really be very appreciated. Thanks, Juan =IF(ISNUMBER(L1),L1,IF(ISNUMBER(M1),M1,IF(ISNUMBER(N1),N1,""))) Jerry JUAN wrote: > Hello, > need help w...

Formula assistance required
Hi guys, am sure you'll be able to help with this but I just cant figure it out; Worksheet looks a little like this; A P U 14 27/02/10 Y 10.00 15 04/03/10 Y 15.00 16 05/03/10 N 0.00 17 06/03/10 N 0.00 18 07/03/10 Y 12.00 My data is in rows 14 to 1000. Col A is the date the claim has been submitted, Col P is Yes or No to whether claim has been accepted and Col U is the Loss value. I have a summary table set up and am wanting to have a weekl...

How do I do formulas?
Hi, How do I do formulas? I want to change numbers to forlumas. How do I do this? Can it do done? Thank You. Bryan If you mean you want the sheet to display the formulas instead of th reults you can do it by pressing the Ctrl key & the ' key or Tools Menu > Options > View Tab > Tick Formula -- mudrake ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mudraker's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=247 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27107 Also, make sure your Formula b...

Multiple combined formulas ?
I am not sure what combinations of formula’s are needed to lookup an item, evaluate multiple results and list the result. Here is a sample scenario: ID Item Result 1234 Degree 30 1234 Degree 15 1234 Method Hand 456 Style Green 789 Degree 30 1023 Degree 15 1023 Degree 10 1023 Method Foot I need to be able to lookup the ID number e.g. “1234” in column A, evaluate all the item responses for 1234 that match, e.g. “Degree” in column B and then evaluate the results for all the items called “Degree” for ID 1234 and then if the Result is e.g. 30, record 30 in the cell. Hope I have explained it...

Merging multiple personal data files possible ?
When I viewed a friends outlook data file location list (in Outlook XP/2002 (Not: Outlook Express)) I was rather surprised: There were up to 10 different *.pst files listed. We decided to remove some of them resp. to merge them into one (or at most two of them). I am not sure about the dependencies of these multiple *.pst files. If there are more than one *.pst file in this list: Does that means that e.g. an eMail "xxxxxx" is stored in only ONE of them or is a copy if this eMail stored in each of them? Is there a way of merging all these *.pst files into one of them ? Autoarchiv...

Help needed to understand Vlookup Formula
hi, I've just taken over someones job and I have a problem with a couple of Excel 2000 spreadsheets. One of the spreadsheets picks up some data from another one using a vlookup formula. The formula is below but could someone please tell me what it is actually looking for by breaking down the parameters: =VLOOKUP(V11,'C:\Deliveries\[Buy Del.xls]Buy Delivery Schedule'!$U$6:$AC$552,9,FALSE) When this spreadsheet is opened and the vaules updated from the other spreadsheet it is linked to I also get an "out of memory error". Both spreadsheets are quite small and my PC is P4...

using if function to specify range in formula
I am trying to use the median function, but only apply it to certai values in a range. It is easy to do this with the average functio using sumif and dividing it by countif, but is there any way to do thi on other functions -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi use the following array formula (entered with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER): =MEDIA(IF(A1:A100=your_value,A1:A100)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I am trying to use the median function, but only apply it to certain > values in a range. It is easy to do this with the average function > using sumif and divi...

By Passing Reports with no data
I have a series of query driven reports that are run from the on click command of a button on a form. These reports are not opened or printed but saved in a folder on a network share. Once the reports have been created an email is send to specific people letting them know that new reports have been created. Below is the code I am using so far. This code works fine other than it creates a blank report if there's no data to be displayed. I am looking for a way to run the reports but ONLY save reports if they actually have data. ==CODE ============================= Private Sub Command38_...

combine formulas into 1
In the examples below, is it possible to combine the 2 formulas into one? I need to simplify my spreadsheet if possible. IF(M3>=H1,IF(MAX(H3,H7,H11,H15,H19,H23)>=MAX(H5,H9,H13,H17,H21,H25),1,2 IF(M4>=H1,IF(MAX(h3,h7,h11,h15,h19,h23)<=MAX(h5,h9,h13,h17,h21,h25),2,3 Thanks very much for any help. As they have different tests/outputs, how do you want them combined? Also, there are two IF functions, but only one set of outputs. Perhaps these are an AND condition? A simple way (with a lot of assumptions made): =IF(AND(M3>=H1,MAX(H3,H7,H11,H15,H19,H23)>=MAX(H5,H9,H...

Calculate a field in Access, using a formula from a text string
Does anyone know of a way to calculate a field in an Access query using different formulas entered in a database table, as a text string? I have gotten around this before by splitting up these equations into their different variables and storing the values into a table. However, that only works if the equation format stays the same. I no longer have formulas that closely resemble each other in format and differ only in values. Any ideas? Could you provide an example or two for clarification? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "ALF" <ALF@discussions.microso...

formulas #18
hi people...doing a finance assignment using an excel model...just struggling abit with some of the formulas - any input is appreciated: =EOMONTH(DATE(YEAR(Model_Start_Date)+1*(MONTH(Model_Start_Date)>MATCH(Per_1_End_Mth,LU_Mths,0)),MATCH(Per_1_End_Mth,LU_Mths,0),1),0) =CHOOSE(DD_Model_Per_Type, Yr_Name, IF(MONTH(Per_1_End_Date)=DD_Fin_YE_Mth,Half_2, Half_1), IF(MONTH(Per_1_End_Date)=DD_Fin_YE_Mth,Qtr_4, IF(ABS(MONTH(Per_1_End_Date)-DD_Fin_YE_Mth)=Mths_In_Half_Yr,Qtr_2, IF(OR(MONTH(Per_1_End_Date)-DD_Fin_YE_Mth=-Mths_In_Qtr,MONTH(Per_1_End_Date)-DD_Fin_YE_Mth=3*Mths_In_Qtr),Qtr_3, Qtr_...