Simple Template excel for Books

I need free Excel Template for my list of reading Books, Thanks
0
samc (2)

"=?Utf-8?B?c2FtLWM=?=" <samc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I need free Excel Template for my list of reading Books, Thanks

Have a look here:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT011356681033.aspx

--

It is I, DeauDeau
(Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo)

Zip Codes from excel to .csv
I have an excel spreadsheet that I need to convert to a .csv to import. One of the columns is the zip code, including codes that start with 0. However, whenever I convert it to .csv, it strips out the first 0 of the zip code, thus leaving a 4 digit code. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks! Not sure I can help, but your post got me curious. When I save an Excel file containing both zip code formatted numbers and the equivalent in text format, then opened the .csv with Notepad, the leading zeros came through from both formats. Opening the same .csv with Excel stripped the zeros from ...

Having a template you can fill in but get prompted with save-as
I want to have my template, that I created already (.dotx format) To promt any user who opens it - once they attempt to save, with the save-as dialogue box. I know there is a way to have it so that you can enter information but are unable to change the original document. I do not have any administrator access. I have obtained this feature before (recently) without using the "read-only" feature, I just forget what I did. Thanks If it is a .dotx, then it is a template, and if users create documents based on it in the normal way, they will be prompted to save. -- ...

word, excel, etc on XP try to install with each use
I work for a small non-profit with a bunch of hand me down computers. When I open Word, the system 'installs' it every time. It's a pain, but I can deal. Today is the first time I've tried to use Excel, it goes through the same process but dosen't open and gives Error 1706. I don't have the install disks, but I do have the product number. Help!!! ...

unable to open Excel attachments
Hi Everyone, I have a user that when she receives an Excel attachment she right clicks and selects save as selects the destination and clicks save. She then gets the error that Outlook cannot save the attachment: Unable to create file "filename".xls. She has local admin rights to the machine and this problem just started last Thursday. She has the following versions Windows XP Pro and Office XP Small Business, both with SP1 applied. She has NO problems opening Word or Acrobat attachments. Please feel free to send replies directly to my email and Thanks, Ben ...

Open a specific excel sheet from Access
Hi All, In my from, i let users open an excel file with application.followhyperlink. Excel sheet has separate sheets with name of the user. this excel sheet is already saved at the shared drive. What is need is that, when the user opens the excel file, file should select the sheet with the user's name on it. PLease let me know if this is possible. thanks, navin Navin, It is possible with automation. Following is air code, so don't count on the syntax to be perfect, but it will give you the idea. This would fire in the click event of a command button (cmdOpenExcel). Private S...

Open Office file to EXCEL
I just installed Microsoft Office Professional. I have been using Open Office for spreadsheets. I can copy and paste my files into Excel but what is the best format to save them in that carries all the formatting? -- FBOULEY You would want to save them in "Microsoft Excel Workbook (*.xls)" But instead of copy|pasting from OpenOffice, couldn't you just File|open them in Excel? BOULEY wrote: > > I just installed Microsoft Office Professional. > I have been using Open Office for spreadsheets. > I can copy and paste my files into Excel but what is the best format t...

Excel formulas #21
I am creating a spreadsheet that tracks our current staff across the country. Is there a way to create a formula that counts from two different fields. For example I want the total number of people if Column B reads "ATLANTA" and column F reads "ACTIVE" I was thinking I could use COUNTIF somehow....but can't quite figure it out One way =SUMPRODUCT(--(B2:B100="ATLANTA"),--(F2:F100="ACTIVE")) you could replace the criteria with cell references so it be easier to change criteria, also note that unlike countif you can't use the whole column...

Excel VBA Code referencing C:\ not recognized by MAC
Greetings: Am having to set up Add-Ins onto new (Mac) computer. My programming uses a lot of references to pathes ...... ie: C:\Contract Templates; C:\Add_Ins; etc.................. The Mac does not seem to pick this up when the add-ins are installed in its root. How can Mac be set up to recognize those pathes? Will the coding have to be reworked? if so, how should the above read? Yes, you will have to rework your code. Both Mac and Windows use Named volumes to refer to disks. Windows fell into a habit of "naming" its volumes with simple letters of the alphab...

Simple graph
I have a chart with zip codes and a population rate. ZIP RATE 80001 2.34 80002 1.23 80003 1.23 I want to make a chart that has the rate on the x axis and the number of times that rate occurs on the y axis. | | | * | | * |_________________________________ | | 1.23 2.34 Thank you. I will assume the ZIP and RATE stuff is in A1:B200 (labels in row 1) Label in G1 to read RATE (but leave it empty for now), label in H2 to read COUNT Make a list of rates in G2:G20 (say) In H2 =COUNTIF($B$2:$B$200,G2) Copy down the row Select H1:G20 and make a...

xsd for excel
Is there an xsd for excel 2003. As far as I could tell in excel 2002 the spreadsheet xml schema was not accessible as an xsd, the only way I found to create one was to infer one but I guess this could cause problems down the line (could someone qualify that?). If there is a xsd for excel 2003 could someone point me in the right direction. Thanks.....Jim ...

Excel 2000/XP/2003 cell limitations
I have an issue where 1250 characters total are in a particular spreadsheet cell. The cell is formatted to wrap text, all formats for text options have been tried to no avail. The problem is that the entire contents of the cell show up when you click the cell and it is shown in the formula bar. However, unless I stretch the cell to be as wide as a letter size document I cannot see the entire contents of the cell looking at the document. No matter how much I adjust the row height, it doesnt change. About 200 characters are dropped off. Any ideas? Thanks Todd Hi Todd the limit ar...

How do I create a standard email html template?
I'm trying to create a standard email html template for use wit Outlook. I understand about making the paths absolute. All I want to do is to create a standard email with our logo, an include our address, telephone, email, and web address at the bottom. My problem is that I can't figure out how to get Outlook to use th HTML as the standard template for all emails. The Stationary featur doesn't seem to work... Thanks ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForu...

Simple Simple Simple
Just started Excel (again) and need to make an easy speadsheet fo calculating square inches. Column A: Height Column B: Legnth Column C: Total Tags per 16 x 24 Column D: Cost per tag Figures I know: each sheet cost me $9.98. each sheet is 16 x 24 inches What I want to do is enter the Height, enter the Length and have th total (sum) be entered into columns C and D. I can't believe I forgot how to enter formulas. Any help will b appreciated. Thank you, Crai -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Craig, One Way, might be better ways but this'll work: List the colou...

Excel to XML conversion in Excel 2003
Does Excel 2003 have the ability to convert Excel spreadsheet into XML with custom DDT? I know that Excel 2003 can convert Excel data into XML, but I do not know if I can import my own DDT into Excel. thanks Hi Hao, > Does Excel 2003 have the ability to convert Excel > spreadsheet into XML with custom DDT? I know that Excel > 2003 can convert Excel data into XML, but I do not know if > I can import my own DDT into Excel. thanks Yes. You can attach a custom XML schema to a workbook and map each element in the schema to a separate cell or list in the workbook. Once y...

Simple help with implementing Outlook-like GUI
Hi All. I am an experienced unix programmer who sometimes has to do something in the windows world, and always has newbie-questions. Basically I want to write an application program that looks like outlook in that it has nice icons down the left hand side that choose the content of the main area in the right hand side. So I started the MFC App wizard, and got me a SDI program with a CLeftFrame (CTreeView) and a CMainFrame (CFrameWnd). Then I prepared the following snippet of code to draw the buttons: // Create a pushbutton CBitmapButton* pmyButton; pmyButton = new CB...

Numbers are changed in Excel?
I created a spread sheet of some stuff. I entered some serial and account numbers. For some reason that everyone but me probably knows the numbers are changed by Excel by inserting a ., a + sign, etc. hat are not as I typed. What's going on here? Thanks. I would say it's some formatting (either default or pre-existing) in those cells. Try giving all those cells the "Text" format. Then Excel won't add decimal places or signs. I -think- Excel won't let you do math with those values (unless you convert them first), but you probably don't need to add or subtra...

Add New Font in Excel
Is there a way for me to add a new font in Excel? I have downloaded the font (truetype) I want to use for a project. How (or can) I add it to the list of fonts Excel presents when reformatting cells? Thanks in advance! -- Fred 2002 Excel will use the fonts that are installed in Windows. So you have to install the font. windows start button|control panel|Font applet File|install new font Fred 2002 wrote: > > Is there a way for me to add a new font in Excel? I have downloaded the font > (truetype) I want to use for a project. How (or can) I add it to the list of > fonts E...

exel template
I am in search for an Exel work project template for a residential electrical contractor. This reference from Microsoft will create a gnatt chart when you input a project schedule. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q123260/ You might want to search the internet for "excel project management workbooks". ---- Regards, John Mansfield http:///www.pdbook.co, "R. Rubio" wrote: > I am in search for an Exel work project template for a residential electrical > contractor. ...

DDE link error Excel freezes
Hi, I am using Excel 2003 and in one sheet I have a DDE link from anothe program. When I open the sheet I get a question wether I want to updat the fields or not. When I click YES the sheet normally opens and I ca view the data. But sometimes it seems like Excel freezes and I have t wait 3-5 minutes until it resumes. Anyone that has any idea why? The source program is always started first by the way. Kennet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Excel-Sage link error
Hi, I'm trying to connect to our Sage data which is stored in a folder on the server mapped to my L: drive. In Excel, I go to Data > Get External Data > New Database Query... Choose Data Source dialog, pick SageLine50v8* and click OK. I enter manager and my password and then get the following error message: Cannot find all files in data path Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed The driver returned invalid (or failed to return) SQL_DRIVER_ODBC_VER: 2.00 I am using Sage v8.00.0019 and Excel 2000. All help appreciated cheers Pete Franklin > In Excel, I go to Data > Get...

excel spread sheet
how do I add cells within a cell You can't. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "dc" <dc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4660EF42-1E6E-4DB2-B90D-A2A3754C0AF4@microsoft.com... > how do I add cells within a cell On Tue, 19 Sep 2006, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, dc <dc@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >how do I add cells within a cell I suggest you get sneaky and merge all the cells you're working with *except* the ones you want to look like "cells ...

autorun macro at Excel open
Searched, found nothing. How do I run a macro on Excel open? I have a macro that calls my form, but I can't find how to autorun the macro. Thanks much Duane, Two ways. Call the macro Auto_Open and put it in a general module. Use the Workbook_Open event macro in ThisWorkbook, and put your code in there. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Duane" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02b001c39b20$490c0890$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Searched, foun...

Design Template for multithreading (an example here)
Multi threading multithreading multi-threading threading threads multitasking WaitOne .Set .Reset ManualResetEvent AutoResetEvent. Here is a design template you can use for multithreading. I prefer to use the manual reset event: ManualResetEvent rather than AutoResetEvent. It forces you to Set and Reset, and IMO is better than using the "automatic" way, which is more lazy. The design context is as follows: //put this mrevent outside your constructor, as a 'global' variable to the translation unit. public static ManualResetEvent mrevent = new ManualResetEv...

Excel on a Mac #2
I'm working on a Mac at home, and I'm going crazy because the F2 ke doesn't let me do in-cell editing the way I've grown accustomed t doing on my PC. I'd be happy to learn another key stroke, but I can' find one! Anybody know how I can change a cell's information withou touching the mouse, and without over-writing it completely? thanks! Crai -- cscribne ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cscribner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2366 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/show...

Simple hack to get $500 to your home at http://uknews.tk Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...