Simple Question............Deleting "Name Box" name!

Hi,

Say you have a range named "ABC" in Name Box. How do you delete it?

Thanks,
Mike
0
Mike

XL prior 2007:
Insert>Name>Define> PICK YOUR NAME > Delete

On 4 Dec, 14:58, Mike <mas_it_2...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Say you have a range named "ABC" in Name Box. How do you delete it?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

0
austris

Simple Question............Deleting "Name Box" name!
Hi, Say you have a range named "ABC" in Name Box. How do you delete it? Thanks, Mike XL prior 2007: Insert>Name>Define> PICK YOUR NAME > Delete On 4 Dec, 14:58, Mike <mas_it_2...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Say you have a range named "ABC" in Name Box. How do you delete it? > > Thanks, > Mike ...

Name Box Information
Is it possible for me to input the worksheet names that I have into the Name Box next to the formula bar, such that it creats a pull down menu that will allow me to move between the worksheets instead of scrolling around the bottom? There is already a menu. If you right-click on the arrows to the left of the sheet tabs, you will see the menu of sheet names. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ohpspe" <brenthecker@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:52249BAB-B609-4BDB-9DCE-25E690BF12D8@microsoft.com... > Is it possible for me to inp...

how can I change the text size in the choose name box of outlook
When I click on "new message" and my "choose name" box comes up, the text is very small. How can I enlarge it? I have Office '03 and Windows 7. Using Word and Outlook for email. New Message sounds like an Outlook command to me, so you may want to ask this question in a newsgroup for Outlook. See for example the general discussion at http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.general&lang=en&cr=US. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "oldmubs" <oldmubs@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Keyboard shortcut to Name Box
Just below the main toolbar is the Formula Bar.. and to the left of that is the Name Box. One can select and name a Cell RANGE by typing the cell-limits in the Name Box such as B2:Z52 (i.e. upper left : lower right) The question is.. what's the shortcut (hotkey) to engage the Name Box? so that a range can be immediately typed in? -Gregory Gregory F5 key will do the trick. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On 22 Feb 2007 10:10:30 -0800, "Gregory" <gabbey@dynanet.com> wrote: >Just below the main toolbar is the Formula Bar.. and to the left of >that is the Name Box. ...

Editing Name Box
The 'Name Box' which appears in the Top right of the toolbar just beneath the font box or fole menu. This dispalys the cell u r in plus other things like print area. How can i re-edit, delete remove listings in that box. E.g. I created a 2 Print Area which now can be selected directly by clicking on the name box but I want to remove one of them and re-edit the other. Thx Gunjani Use Insert|Name|Define You can adjust the ranges or delete the names and recreate the way you like. Gunjani wrote: > > The 'Name Box' which appears in the Top right of the toolbar just &g...

Name Box #2
Hi Everybody How do you create Hidden Names for ranges? I would like to name a range of cells and not have the name appear in the drop down Name box, but be able to refer to it in VBA code. I am using Excel 2002 Many thanks Hi PraxisPete, Try something like: '=============>> Public Sub Tester03() With ActiveWorkbook .Names.Add "Test", _ RefersTo:=.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1"), _ Visible:=False End With End Sub '<<============= --- Regards, Norman "PraxisPete" <PraxisPete@discussions.micr...

Name Box and Formula Bar
Somehow, I LOST my name box and formula bar on all my Excel worksheets; I am not sure how that happened. I fixed it via SYSTEM RESTORE...i.e. no serious problems!! QUESTION: How do I PURPOSELY delete the formula bar and name box so that my new view of my worksheets are such? Thank you. F. Lawrence Kulchar F. Lawrence Kulchar Tools>Options...>View uncheck 'Formula Bar' -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "FLKULCHAR" <FLKULCHAR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F16453FC-996...

Excel
Dear Community, How can I change the size of the name box so I can see the whole name I gave to a specific range? Thanks, Marton Excel 2007 allows you do to this. In earlier versions, you cannot change the size of the box itself. You can, however, widen the width when it drops down. See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NameBox.htm -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com (email address is on the web site) "VilMarci" <dontsend@here.mail> wrote in message news:uyhsjnDUHHA.1016@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Dear ...

Deleting names in the name box
Could someone explain how you delete a name from the name box? When I go to Insert-->Names, paste is the only option available. Thanks. Is it shared? -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "PAL" <PAL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54AA2C6A-57A4-4972-AD8B-2FD935FAFC79@microsoft.com... > Could someone explain how you delete a name from the name box? When I go to > Insert-->Names, paste is the only option available. Thanks. ...

select name box freezes Outlook

name box reseting
does anybody know how to reset the indexing sequence for inserte pictures in the name box on the top left next to the formula bar -- lrod184 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lrod1843's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2434 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37945 If I close and reopen the workbook, the sequencing seems to start over. But maybe just renaming the pictures (to something significant) would be better. Select the picture and type the name in the namebox. (Remembe...

Delete Name Box!
I know how to create a Name Box for a range, but how do you delete it?! It is like I forgot it is done! Insert - Name - Define. Select Range, Delete. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "Mike" wrote: > I know how to create a Name Box for a range, but how do you delete > it?! It is like I forgot it is done! > . > ...

missing name box
Has anyone ever lost the name box in the upper left portion of the window where the cell location is displayed? Only if the formula bar itself is not displayed (View, Formula bar). -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "John E. Kruskie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:259d01c427d5$f62cb960$a501280a@phx.gbl... | Has anyone ever lost the name box in the upper left | portion of the window where the cell location is displayed? ...

Resize name box
Hi ! Is it possible to make the Name Box wider ? I have some range-names that are larger than the box, and differ only in the last letter, so I can not alway see the entire name. TIA, Gilbert De Ceulaer In MacXL, enter this in the VBE Immediate Window: CommandBars("Formula Bar").Controls("Name Box").Width = 250 For WinXL, see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NameBox.htm In article <##HNj#X$EHA.2700@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>, "Gilbert De Ceulaer" <s3016766@skynet.be> wrote: > Is it possible to make the Name Box wider ? > I have some r...

Name Boxes
At the moment I have a message box that flags up cell references - can I make it flag up the cells name instead? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ According to this you must know the index in the collection. MsgBox Names(2).Name Name Object See Also Properties Methods Events Specifics Application Workbooks (Workbook) Names (Name) Worksheets (Worksheet) Range Name Represents a defined name for a range of cells. Names ...

Define name box size too small for viewing large formulas
Hi, When we create a new name using insert and define name then if the formula is long it becomes difficult to view the whole formula. Also one is not able to use navigation buttons left,right here as if we do that then the formula gets modified. is there any way to see the whole formula. Like for creating ever expanding validation list using Debra's technique one uses offset etc but one is not able to view the whole big formula. Please guide me. Regards, Hari India Hi try hitting F2 while in this text box. After this you should be able to navigate within this box. -- Regards Frank ...

NAME BOX
How do I delete a cell reference that is in my mame box?? thanks, larry Hi Larry one way: goto 'Insert - Name - Define' and delete the name in the appearing dialog -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany FLKulchar wrote: > How do I delete a cell reference that is in my mame box?? > > thanks, > > larry Larry, Go to the Insert menu, choose Name, the Define. In that dialog, select the name and click Delete. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "FLKulchar" <flk2575@comcast.net> wrote...

Name Box sizing
Is there a way to make the Name Box on the Formula bar wider? Chip Pearson describes a way: http://cpearson.com/excel/NameBox.htm If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm KenInPortland wrote: > > Is there a way to make the Name Box on the Formula bar wider? -- Dave Peterson ...

Name Box
Excel 2000 I have a spreadsheet that contains very long named ranges. I would like to be able to see the entire name in the 'name box' but unfortunately the length of the box is fixed to a specified length. Is there a way to automatically re-size the drop down menu to the maximum number of characters in the list? Thanks is Advance Hi you can't change this size but maybe the following add-in is helpful for you: http://www.decisionmodels.com/downloads.htm#namemanager -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "JWG" <JWG@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im ...

how to increase size of "name box" and "contents of cell " displa.
need to enlarge the size of the "name box" and Contents of cell" inorder to edit without using "F2" I don't quite understand what you want. If the cell is too small try changing the zoom on the standard toolbar or change the cell size highlighting the rows and then format>row height>change the number in the pop up box. To edit a cell you can double click in it. If that is not working you need to go to tools>options>edit tab and put a tick in the 'edit directly in cell' box hope this helps -- John MOS Master Instructor Office 2000,...

THE NAME BOX
I have been using commands/formulas where i need to specify range names farily often. It is not so burdensome that i need to download the add-in, but i am interested in anyone that know a quic command that will take you from being active in a worksheet, to being active in the "Name Box" where i can specify a range name. Anyone? jws >From the keyboard, hold down <Alt> and press I N D. Hope this helps. Pete john.shaddix@gmail.com wrote: > I have been using commands/formulas where i need to specify range names > farily often. It is not so burdensome that i need t...

Formula bar and name box not shown

Shortcut into Name box
Hi there. Using E02 on XP. I'm using the Name box (above A1) and wonder if there isn't a keystroke to 'jump' into it quickly? Thanks in advance for any help! Depends on what you use it for. If you quickly want to jump to a named range, you can also use F5. -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Bonnie" <Hambrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:454a01c520c2$f4137fb0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi there. Using E02 on XP. I'm using the Name box (above > A1) and wonder if there isn't a keystroke to 'jump' into ...

Chart, Series
I'm not sure if what I am trying to do is possible. I have a chart set up as a series for 2005 and 2006. The legend shows 2005 & 2006. I would like to incorporate a cell reference in the legend field, but have been unsuccessful. For the first series it shows "2005" in the name box. I would like it to include the text "2005" but also add a cell reference, i.e. "2005 - " & mysheet!G4. My hope is that the legend would then display, 2005 - 12,345. Can this be done? If yes, how? I have tried various formula combinations to do it, but no luck. ...