simple question: toggling between cell and text bar

If am navigating my spreadsheet with my arrow keys, and go to a cell that I
want to edit (not overwrite), is there a keyboard command that will turn the
cursor on in the text bar (and vice versa)...?  thanks!
0
RodneyBD (1)

Hi RodneyBD,

> If am navigating my spreadsheet with my arrow keys, and go to a cell that I
> want to edit (not overwrite), is there a keyboard command that will turn the
> cursor on in the text bar (and vice versa)...?

F2. The bar is called the formula bar.

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
www.jkp-ads.com

0
jkpieterse (271)
11/22/2004 6:44:59 PM
F2

(shortest reply possible <vbg>.)

--

Dave Peterson
0

Mell Install Question
We have MELL Installed on a Web Server. It is working fine and we have several modules up and running and will be adding more and more.. When we first installed eLearning, we said 'NO' to the SQL Server peice of the install. Now we'de like to have it log to SQL Server but am not sure how to go about doing this. reun the install? uninstall and reinstall?? I know there must be a way to implement SQL Server without having to reinstall the whole thing !!!! Can anyone help? ...

Simple graph
I have a chart with zip codes and a population rate. ZIP RATE 80001 2.34 80002 1.23 80003 1.23 I want to make a chart that has the rate on the x axis and the number of times that rate occurs on the y axis. | | | * | | * |_________________________________ | | 1.23 2.34 Thank you. I will assume the ZIP and RATE stuff is in A1:B200 (labels in row 1) Label in G1 to read RATE (but leave it empty for now), label in H2 to read COUNT Make a list of rates in G2:G20 (say) In H2 =COUNTIF($B$2:$B$200,G2) Copy down the row Select H1:G20 and make a...

URGENT:Concatenating 1000 cells into 1
I need to concatenate a 1000 cells into a single cell. Could someon give me a macro to help me do that? Or if you have any ideas do let m know. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Sub test() Dim c As Range, s As String s = "" 'Amend range as appropriate For Each c In Range("A1:A1000") s = s & " " & c Next c s = Trim(s) Range("B1") = s End Sub -- XL2002 Regards William willwest22@yahoo.com "es9004 >" <<es9004.18brvb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:es9004.18brvb@excelforum-nospa...

Exchange question #2
I have just taken over a medium size office, running Exchange 6.5 on Small Business Server 2003, clients run Outlook 2003. My immediate problem is I have two users who cannot send email to several specific addresses outside the company. Everyone else can send to these addresses. When these two people send email to the outside addresses, they immediately get an email back stating that the address doesn't exist or something to that effect. It appears to be bounced right back from the server. Does anyone have an idea here? Thanks in advance. Can you post the NDR? -- Bharat Sune...

Finding text
I'm recording a macro to use across multiple documents. One task of the macro is to select a text string in the document and then take actions with multiple occurances of that string. The "non-programmed" way of doing this is to select the string, copy it, open the find box, and paste the string into the find window and click "Find Next." When I record these actions, the actual selected text gets saved into the macro as follows: With Selection.Find .Text = " Selected text" The next time I run the macro, in another file, wit...

Drop down. *EASY* question!
BlankHiya everyone :) I was just wondering if anybody could explain something reeeeally easy for me? In Excel, I would like a two drop-down features in my columns of my spreadsheet. The first one (columnE) with the options 'yes' or 'no'. The second one (columnD) with a list of names, eg. Anthony Peter Mark Jonathan Thankyou for ANY help you can give me! -- @---}-- Laura..... :) Liverpool, England "Do you know where you're going to?" Data>Validation, choose a type of list, and then just type the values comma separated. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from...

Simple Simple Simple
Just started Excel (again) and need to make an easy speadsheet fo calculating square inches. Column A: Height Column B: Legnth Column C: Total Tags per 16 x 24 Column D: Cost per tag Figures I know: each sheet cost me $9.98. each sheet is 16 x 24 inches What I want to do is enter the Height, enter the Length and have th total (sum) be entered into columns C and D. I can't believe I forgot how to enter formulas. Any help will b appreciated. Thank you, Crai -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Craig, One Way, might be better ways but this'll work: List the colou...

Simple help with implementing Outlook-like GUI
Hi All. I am an experienced unix programmer who sometimes has to do something in the windows world, and always has newbie-questions. Basically I want to write an application program that looks like outlook in that it has nice icons down the left hand side that choose the content of the main area in the right hand side. So I started the MFC App wizard, and got me a SDI program with a CLeftFrame (CTreeView) and a CMainFrame (CFrameWnd). Then I prepared the following snippet of code to draw the buttons: // Create a pushbutton CBitmapButton* pmyButton; pmyButton = new CB...

Experts Question
Hi. I'm writing a multi tool application, something like outlook. I have an MDI application of course. Inside the MDI the user may choose any of few Mini tools (something like calendar,contacts,mail, tasks etc). A mini tool may be an MDI - e.g. one of my mini tool is a resources editor, which means that the user may first choose the "Resource Editor" mini tool, and open/create many windows to edit. Another mini tool will be "Scripts Editor", which the user may choose to open many scripts views. My problem is how to implement the switching between mini tools, I wanna pu...

Hyperlink via indirect cell reference

Simple hack to get $500 to your home at http://uknews.tk Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

Reference cell formats + content

Fonts Inside of Cells
Greetings, I am trying to change the font and size the displayed results of a formula. I have these four cells (A1, B1, C1 and D1) that I bring together into another cell, A10. I would like the first reference to be 14 points, bold and the rest to be 10 point non-bold, What I have in A10 so far is: =IF(A1=0,"",A1)&CHAR(10)&IF(B1=0,"",B1)&IF(C1=0,""," "&C1)&CHAR(10)&IF(D1=0,"",D1) This produces three line all the same font and size. (The IF statement are to check if there is anything in the four cell,and remove th...

Install question
Hello, can I have SQL Server 2008 Express with advanced services with SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Evaluation installed on the same machine ? Thank you Gilles On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 07:49:10 -0700 (PDT), Gilles Koffmann <gilles.koffmann@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >can I have SQL Server 2008 Express with advanced services >with SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Evaluation installed on the same >machine ? > >Thank you >Gilles Hi Giles You should be able to do this, have you tried and failed? John ...

xml/rid question
I am using Visual Studio 2003/C# I created a new xml schema/xsd file (Project Create new item->Dataset) I then added Elements to the schema using the designer From the toolbox I then created an instance of my dataset. I then dropped a grid (Infragistics UltraWebGrid) onto my form, and bound the grid to my dataset. At runtime, I configure the columns of the grid, get some records from the Employee database (SQL Server2k), and add some rows to the grid. The user then enters some data into various cells of the grid. I am now ready to update the database with the contents of the grid. What ...

Combining Text with Formula
Is is possible to have a cell contain text information and then a lookup to another cell. For instance: "The age of this person is " plus the result of another cell that calculates his age so that cell would read: "The age of this person is 72." Thanks for any help you can give me. DebraAnn DebraAnn, yes. =The age of this person is "&B1&"." where B1 holds the calculation. -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com "DebraAnn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Calendar in Cell Validation
I want to implement a cell validation such that when the user attempts to input a date, a "list" box-like functionality pops up that has a calendar and the user may then choose the date by picking with the mouse How would I implement this? Thanks Jerry Try the following Web site. http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut07.htm This site's author covers this in a tutorial, but also provides downloads. Mark <jerry.ranch@pioneer.com> wrote in message news:2r9t51pjmumjk7rjpopo7fuamg81gqkljq@4ax.com... >I want to implement a cell validation such that when the user attempts &g...

If cell is Bold then 1, if cell is Italics then 2?
I have a list of hundreds of cells, the cells are either Bold, Italics, or Regular. I want those cells that are bold to result in 1 in another column. those in italics to will result in 2. Am I able to write a "if" function that achieve this? If not, what should I do? Please kindly advise One way, assuming data is in col. A: 1. Press Ctrl+F3. 2. Define the name "istyle" (no quotes) and in the "Refers To:" box put: =IF(GET.CELL(20,!$A1),1,IF(GET.CELL(21,!$A1),2,"")) 3. In cell B1 put: =istyle 4. Copy the formula down. 5. If you'...

Arabic text in Word
> Ce message est au format MIME. Comme votre programme de lecture de courriers ne comprend pas ce format, il se peut que tout ou une partie de ce message soit illisible. --B_3279965559_645741 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hello, I am using the French edition of Word 2004 for Mac (version 11.3.8) under Mac OS 10.4.11. When I paste Arabic text into a Word document, from TextEdit for instance, it exits unexpectedly. If I write directly into Word, the letters are not attached. Would you know how to solve this problem ? I reprodu...

Simple Query Wizard hangs
I am using Access 2003 When I initiate the "Simple Query Wizard", I am presented with the first screen - "What fields do you want in your query" When I click on the pulldown list to select a table, I get the following message: "The expression On Get Focus you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: the text you entered isn't an item in the list * the expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure]. * There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or macro&q...

Several Outlook Questions
I have Outlook 2003 with Service Pack 3 installed on my desktop and laptop. First, I would like to syncronize my contacts and all my mail folders: Inbox, Sent, etc. on both computers so that I would have that information on both computers. Second, I would like to store all of my Outlook data--contacts, folders, etc on my drive C: so that when I reconfigure my computer I don't have to backup and restore this data which is such a hassle. Can I do this and how? 1) http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.asp 2) By default the outlook data file is on your C: (Windows drive) Backup, wha...

tool bar missing
I accidentally moved the excel up so that the toolbar is above the screen. How do I move it back down since I can't see the tool bar to grab it? R-click it in the Taskbar, pick Move, press the Down Arrow key. JK wrote: > I accidentally moved the excel up so that the toolbar is above the screen. > How do I move it back down since I can't see the tool bar to grab it? Goto the windows status bar at the bottom of your screen. Right-click the Excel tab and pick Maximize. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201002 "JK" wrote: > I accidentally mov...

Xch2k (SB edition) LOG and IFS question
Dear, Even I did the full backup with the Exchange server, the LOG and IFS extension file still in the MDBDATA folder. How to purch? Thanks!! -david I'm not sure what you are referring to regarding the IFS extension file. Please explain. As far as your full backup, how did you perform the backup? It must be done using an exchange-aware backup program (such as NTbackup run from a computer with minimum the Exchange management tools installed). It must also be a full *online* backup, with all Exchange services running and all databases mounted. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP M...

VBA or Macro Help: Create new files based on dynamic text in a tab
I have 7 tables in a Word doc. Each table has a cell for "Owner". Suzy is the owner in 4 of the tables, John is the owner in 3. I want to loop through all possible owners (in this case, 2), find each table that belongs to them, and create a new file for each owner. At the end of the macro, I'd have a file called "Suzy.doc" with her 4 tables appended and one called "John.doc" with his 3 tables appended. I could code this back in the day by looping through a 'getOwner-readWordDoc-testCondition-writeRecord' loop-until-end. But, I can&#...

WDF Interrupt question
I'm sorry I just start learning windows drivers development. I'm looking at Interrupt servicing in drivers in WDF. WdfInterruptCreate create the interrupt object but where do we put the information about interrupt vector? I noticed we can get vector by using WdfInterruptGetInfo, but where do we set it? I think I have found where it comes from. From Hardware Resource list, which is filled by PnP Manager. On Mar 22, 12:56=A0am, mpefareo <mpefa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm sorry I just start learning windows drivers development. I'm looking ...