function stops working.  Is this a limitation of EXCEL? If so, can I continue
the list on "Sheet 2", "Sheet 3"  etc  and still be able to sort through all
the lists as if they are one?

#1.  Select the entire range you want to sort--don't let excel guess.  I'm
guessing that you have an empty row in the real range to sort and excel is
guessing wrong.

#2.  Nope.  Excel doesn't support this type of thing.

#3.  If it's a simple list (no calculations), you could put it in MSWord (create
a table) and get all the benefits of a word processor.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Excel 2003 chart plots wierd on Excel 2007, time value x-axis
Hey all, just upgraded. I have a chart with multiple time value series going out many years, some of the series have data going into the future a while and some only to the current date. I plot the data up to the current date to look at performance against target. With the recent upgrade to 2007, the entire series plots on the x-axis even if I select a subset for the time values on the axis format dialog box. Is this new behavior in 2007? Or did I have the axis as category in 2003 and it converted it when I shifted to 2007? I made this so long ago I don't recall the setup det...

Get the worksheet name using VBA
hi, I was just wondering of it was possible to work out and store the name of a worksheet and if so how is it done? Dim WsName as String WsName = ActiveSheet.Name HTH -- AP "Graham Whitehead" <gwhitehead77@hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: OsPm0UQoGHA.1332@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > hi, I was just wondering of it was possible to work out and store the name > of a worksheet and if so how is it done? > ...

Open a specific excel sheet from Access
Hi All, In my from, i let users open an excel file with application.followhyperlink. Excel sheet has separate sheets with name of the user. this excel sheet is already saved at the shared drive. What is need is that, when the user opens the excel file, file should select the sheet with the user's name on it. PLease let me know if this is possible. thanks, navin Navin, It is possible with automation. Following is air code, so don't count on the syntax to be perfect, but it will give you the idea. This would fire in the click event of a command button (cmdOpenExcel). Private S...

Open Office file to EXCEL
I just installed Microsoft Office Professional. I have been using Open Office for spreadsheets. I can copy and paste my files into Excel but what is the best format to save them in that carries all the formatting? -- FBOULEY You would want to save them in "Microsoft Excel Workbook (*.xls)" But instead of copy|pasting from OpenOffice, couldn't you just File|open them in Excel? BOULEY wrote: > > I just installed Microsoft Office Professional. > I have been using Open Office for spreadsheets. > I can copy and paste my files into Excel but what is the best format t...

Excel formulas #21
I am creating a spreadsheet that tracks our current staff across the country. Is there a way to create a formula that counts from two different fields. For example I want the total number of people if Column B reads "ATLANTA" and column F reads "ACTIVE" I was thinking I could use COUNTIF somehow....but can't quite figure it out One way =SUMPRODUCT(--(B2:B100="ATLANTA"),--(F2:F100="ACTIVE")) you could replace the criteria with cell references so it be easier to change criteria, also note that unlike countif you can't use the whole column...

Excel VBA Code referencing C:\ not recognized by MAC
Greetings: Am having to set up Add-Ins onto new (Mac) computer. My programming uses a lot of references to pathes ...... ie: C:\Contract Templates; C:\Add_Ins; etc.................. The Mac does not seem to pick this up when the add-ins are installed in its root. How can Mac be set up to recognize those pathes? Will the coding have to be reworked? if so, how should the above read? Yes, you will have to rework your code. Both Mac and Windows use Named volumes to refer to disks. Windows fell into a habit of "naming" its volumes with simple letters of the alphab...

Simple graph
I have a chart with zip codes and a population rate. ZIP RATE 80001 2.34 80002 1.23 80003 1.23 I want to make a chart that has the rate on the x axis and the number of times that rate occurs on the y axis. | | | * | | * |_________________________________ | | 1.23 2.34 Thank you. I will assume the ZIP and RATE stuff is in A1:B200 (labels in row 1) Label in G1 to read RATE (but leave it empty for now), label in H2 to read COUNT Make a list of rates in G2:G20 (say) In H2 =COUNTIF($B$2:$B$200,G2) Copy down the row Select H1:G20 and make a...

xsd for excel
Is there an xsd for excel 2003. As far as I could tell in excel 2002 the spreadsheet xml schema was not accessible as an xsd, the only way I found to create one was to infer one but I guess this could cause problems down the line (could someone qualify that?). If there is a xsd for excel 2003 could someone point me in the right direction. Thanks.....Jim ...

Highlighting a protected worksheet
I created a template that contains unlocked cells, but the entir worksheet is password protected. I can enter data into the unlocke cells, but Excel doesn't allow me to highlight it a different color. Is there any way around this? Excel 200 -- carey ----------------------------------------------------------------------- careyc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2606 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50248 When the worksheet was protected, xl2003 (and xl2002) offers an option to the developer to allow formatt...

Setting excel to landscape and setting print area from access
I have an excel file that I create from access and I was wondering if there is an easy way to set the page setup to landscape and to set the print area width from access. Is there an easy way to do this? I created a macro with the excel macro recorder but I am not sure if I can somehow use this code to have access do this. Any direction on this would be appreciated. thanks [code] With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .PrintTitleRows = "" .PrintTitleColumns = "" End With ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "" With Active...

Add New Font in Excel
Is there a way for me to add a new font in Excel? I have downloaded the font (truetype) I want to use for a project. How (or can) I add it to the list of fonts Excel presents when reformatting cells? Thanks in advance! -- Fred 2002 Excel will use the fonts that are installed in Windows. So you have to install the font. windows start button|control panel|Font applet File|install new font Fred 2002 wrote: > > Is there a way for me to add a new font in Excel? I have downloaded the font > (truetype) I want to use for a project. How (or can) I add it to the list of > fonts E...

Numbers are changed in Excel?
I created a spread sheet of some stuff. I entered some serial and account numbers. For some reason that everyone but me probably knows the numbers are changed by Excel by inserting a ., a + sign, etc. hat are not as I typed. What's going on here? Thanks. I would say it's some formatting (either default or pre-existing) in those cells. Try giving all those cells the "Text" format. Then Excel won't add decimal places or signs. I -think- Excel won't let you do math with those values (unless you convert them first), but you probably don't need to add or subtra...

Simple Simple Simple
Just started Excel (again) and need to make an easy speadsheet fo calculating square inches. Column A: Height Column B: Legnth Column C: Total Tags per 16 x 24 Column D: Cost per tag Figures I know: each sheet cost me $9.98. each sheet is 16 x 24 inches What I want to do is enter the Height, enter the Length and have th total (sum) be entered into columns C and D. I can't believe I forgot how to enter formulas. Any help will b appreciated. Thank you, Crai -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Craig, One Way, might be better ways but this'll work: List the colou...

Excel to XML conversion in Excel 2003
Does Excel 2003 have the ability to convert Excel spreadsheet into XML with custom DDT? I know that Excel 2003 can convert Excel data into XML, but I do not know if I can import my own DDT into Excel. thanks Hi Hao, > Does Excel 2003 have the ability to convert Excel > spreadsheet into XML with custom DDT? I know that Excel > 2003 can convert Excel data into XML, but I do not know if > I can import my own DDT into Excel. thanks Yes. You can attach a custom XML schema to a workbook and map each element in the schema to a separate cell or list in the workbook. Once y...

Simple help with implementing Outlook-like GUI
Hi All. I am an experienced unix programmer who sometimes has to do something in the windows world, and always has newbie-questions. Basically I want to write an application program that looks like outlook in that it has nice icons down the left hand side that choose the content of the main area in the right hand side. So I started the MFC App wizard, and got me a SDI program with a CLeftFrame (CTreeView) and a CMainFrame (CFrameWnd). Then I prepared the following snippet of code to draw the buttons: // Create a pushbutton CBitmapButton* pmyButton; pmyButton = new CB...

split worksheet
Can you split a worksheet in half vertically, but scroll vertically on both?. For example, have cells j1..l8 stay put, when scrolling up cells a1.I100 ? It seems by default that if you split horizontally, you get vertical scroll bars. If you split horizontally, you get vertical scroll bars. I want vertical bars w/ a vertical split. OR, some other functinoality that locks in "upper right cells" when I scroll up. Any suggestions? BTW - using Excel 2002. Thank you patrick Try using 2 windows for the one spreadsheet. Go to Windows/New Window. This will give you two windows on the...

Simple hack to get $500 to your home at http://uknews.tk Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

Excel on a Mac #2
I'm working on a Mac at home, and I'm going crazy because the F2 ke doesn't let me do in-cell editing the way I've grown accustomed t doing on my PC. I'd be happy to learn another key stroke, but I can' find one! Anybody know how I can change a cell's information withou touching the mouse, and without over-writing it completely? thanks! Crai -- cscribne ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cscribner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2366 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/show...

Shared Excel Tracking Changes
Is there a way to make Excel use the same color for all users when tracking changes are turned on and the worksheet is printed? ...

DDERequest Excel 2003
My System XP with all apdates. My Excel-Version: Microsoft Office Excel 2003 (11.8211.8002) SP3 wit all updates. DDEClient is Excel 2003. DDEServer is my own Powerbuilder-Application. The Datatransfer (UNICODE) was until now without any Problem, suddenly the DDERequest retun, is a emty String without any errormessage, this is a symptom for termination the datatransfer. I have checked the datatransfer with a Recorder and Monitor, and there was no conspicuousness at all. The DDEServer (my own Powerbulder-application) transfers the date in the right manner (protocol). The same Powerbuilder-...

Can I merge Excel spreadsheets with Quickbooks invoicing?
We manage our sales in Excel. Can I merge import/export from Excel to Quickbooks for invoiceing without having to put in line item by line item. My guess is that you need to get a commercial program that will do this for you, I don't think there is a built in way, but if you search the web you will get multiple hits for tools supposedly doing this Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ukcats_26" wrote: > We manage our sales in Excel. Can I merge import/export from Excel to > Quickbooks for invoiceing without having to put in line item by line item. ...

transposing across different worksheets
I understand the =transpose(a1:a2) etc function and to create an array etc - however I want to copy data from a different work sheet and transpose it but I can't quite get it to work Copy data. Select a cell in destination sheet. Right click>PasteSpecial> check 'Transpose' >Hit OK -- Jacob "Nick P" wrote: > I understand the =transpose(a1:a2) etc function and to create an array etc - > however I want to copy data from a different work sheet and transpose it but > I can't quite get it to work Just the same. =TRANSPOSE(Sheet1...

How do i work out percentages using excel?
Could someone please tell me the formular to work out percentages using Excel? For example what 20% of £1.10 was. Hi Fern, Try "=1.10*.2" (remove quotes), and formatting the cell as percentage. You could also substitute the values above with cell references - if you enter the percentage value as a percentage, it will pick it up correctly. Hope this helps Sunil Jayakumar "Fern" <Fern@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5FF910D-948E-4239-98D1-325157DB5F15@microsoft.com... > Could someone please tell me the formular to work out percentages ...

Excel and video
Is is it possible to incorporate a macro into a spreadsheet to start, stop and pause the playing of a video file in a separate window. This would be a very useful feature when analysing video material. ...

Exporting numbers into Excel
I am exporting a tab delimited file into excel. The question is and not just for this project but in general. I have a figure 05 and it always shows up as 5. How can I get it to display the zero. Excel strips it , even in the ..xls. format. When you import the file, you can specify that that field be treated as text. Or after you import it as a numeric value, you can format that column with a custom format of: 00 shedevel143 wrote: > > I am exporting a tab delimited file into excel. The question is and not just > for this project but in general. I have a figure 05 an...