B holds a dollar value
C holds another dollar value.
D holds is the sum of B and C
E holds a running total of D
so a sheet may look like this.

B           C        D       E       F
04/01   1.00   .50   1.50   1.50
04/02   2.00   1.00  3.50   5.00
04/03                                5.00
04/04  1.00     1.00  2.00   7.00
and so on
Total     4.00     2.50   7.00  7.00
the last row shows a total of each column. except E
What I am looking to do is :
in E on the total line just show the last number.
I am able to do this now with this  formula
"=LOOKUP(2,1/(F6:F36<>0),F6:F36)"
however each blank row shows numbers That I do not want to show. Look at
04/03.
The  formula in F is "f6+e7"
Also on the total row if no numbers appear above in F it gives me and N/A I
would like to show a 0.

I know I was able to do this a few years ago but can not find my notes on
how to accomplish it.

Please help.

0
Learning

Try a formula of

=IF(E9<>0,MAX(F$6:F8)+E9,""

--

HTH

Bob

"Learning VBA" <yourgoodfriend2005@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have 5 columns of data:
> A holds a date
> B holds a dollar value
> C holds another dollar value.
> D holds is the sum of B and C
> E holds a running total of D
> so a sheet may look like this.
>
> B           C        D       E       F
> 04/01   1.00   .50   1.50   1.50
> 04/02   2.00   1.00  3.50   5.00
> 04/03                                5.00
> 04/04  1.00     1.00  2.00   7.00
> and so on
> Total     4.00     2.50   7.00  7.00
> the last row shows a total of each column. except E
> What I am looking to do is :
> in E on the total line just show the last number.
> I am able to do this now with this  formula
> "=LOOKUP(2,1/(F6:F36<>0),F6:F36)"
> however each blank row shows numbers That I do not want to show. Look at
> 04/03.
> The  formula in F is "f6+e7"
> Also on the total row if no numbers appear above in F it gives me and N/A
> I would like to show a 0.
>
> I know I was able to do this a few years ago but can not find my notes on
> how to accomplish it.
>
> Please help.

0
Bob
5/2/2010 10:37:15 AM
This produced the following:

04/01    0    0    0    0
04/02    1     1   2    2
04/03     0    0    0
04/05     1     3    4   4
04/06     0     0    0
04/07     2     1     3   3
04/08     0     0     0
and so on
total       4     5     9    9

For 04/05 the last number should be 6
for 04/07 the last number should be  9
The last column where the formula is should be a running total.  But if no
number is in column 2 3 and 4 last should be blank as is showing now..
The total should also be 9

"Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> Try a formula of
>
> =IF(E9<>0,MAX(F$6:F8)+E9,""
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> Bob
>
> "Learning VBA" <yourgoodfriend2005@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have 5 columns of data:
>> A holds a date
>> B holds a dollar value
>> C holds another dollar value.
>> D holds is the sum of B and C
>> E holds a running total of D
>> so a sheet may look like this.
>>
>> B           C        D       E       F
>> 04/01   1.00   .50   1.50   1.50
>> 04/02   2.00   1.00  3.50   5.00
>> 04/03                                5.00
>> 04/04  1.00     1.00  2.00   7.00
>> and so on
>> Total     4.00     2.50   7.00  7.00
>> the last row shows a total of each column. except E
>> What I am looking to do is :
>> in E on the total line just show the last number.
>> I am able to do this now with this  formula
>> "=LOOKUP(2,1/(F6:F36<>0),F6:F36)"
>> however each blank row shows numbers That I do not want to show. Look at
>> 04/03.
>> The  formula in F is "f6+e7"
>> Also on the total row if no numbers appear above in F it gives me and N/A
>> I would like to show a 0.
>>
>> I know I was able to do this a few years ago but can not find my notes on
>> how to accomplish it.
>>
>> Please help.

0
Learning
5/2/2010 11:24:24 AM
I had t correct the formula to add a trailing ) but this is what I got

04-Jan     0    0    0    0
04-Feb    1    1    2    2
04-Mar    0    0    0
04-May   1    3    4    6
04-Jun     0    0    0
04-Jul      2    1    3    9
04-Aug    0    0    0
and so on
total         4    5    9    9

--

> This produced the following:
>
> 04/01    0    0    0    0
> 04/02    1     1   2    2
> 04/03     0    0    0
> 04/05     1     3    4   4
> 04/06     0     0    0
> 04/07     2     1     3   3
> 04/08     0     0     0
> and so on
> total       4     5     9    9
>

> For 04/05 the last number should be 6
> for 04/07 the last number should be  9
> The last column where the formula is should be a running total.  But if no
> number is in column 2 3 and 4 last should be blank as is showing now..
> The total should also be 9
>
> "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@somewhere.com> wrote in message
>> Try a formula of
>>
>> =IF(E9<>0,MAX(F$6:F8)+E9,""
>>
>> --
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> Bob
>>
>> "Learning VBA" <yourgoodfriend2005@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I have 5 columns of data:
>>> A holds a date
>>> B holds a dollar value
>>> C holds another dollar value.
>>> D holds is the sum of B and C
>>> E holds a running total of D
>>> so a sheet may look like this.
>>>
>>> B           C        D       E       F
>>> 04/01   1.00   .50   1.50   1.50
>>> 04/02   2.00   1.00  3.50   5.00
>>> 04/03                                5.00
>>> 04/04  1.00     1.00  2.00   7.00
>>> and so on
>>> Total     4.00     2.50   7.00  7.00
>>> the last row shows a total of each column. except E
>>> What I am looking to do is :
>>> in E on the total line just show the last number.
>>> I am able to do this now with this  formula
>>> "=LOOKUP(2,1/(F6:F36<>0),F6:F36)"
>>> however each blank row shows numbers That I do not want to show. Look at
>>> 04/03.
>>> The  formula in F is "f6+e7"
>>> Also on the total row if no numbers appear above in F it gives me and
>>> N/A I would like to show a 0.
>>>
>>> I know I was able to do this a few years ago but can not find my notes
>>> on how to accomplish it.
>>>
>>> Please help.

0
Bob
5/2/2010 12:48:48 PM
I also had to add the trailing ")". and this is the actual sheet

     G               H          I                  J
R$ 0.00 	0.00	R$ 0.00 	R$ 0.00
0.00               0.00      0.00
R$ 5.00 	R$ 1.00 	R$ 4.00 	R$ 4.00
0.00                   0.00          0.00

R$ 20.00 	0.00	R$ 20.00 	R$ 20.00

This is the actual formula:
=IF(I10<>0,MAX(J$5)+I10,"")

G - H = I   J   =  running total

The 20.00 in the last column should be 24.00

> I had t correct the formula to add a trailing ) but this is what I got
>
> 04-Jan     0    0    0    0
> 04-Feb    1    1    2    2
> 04-Mar    0    0    0
> 04-May   1    3    4    6
> 04-Jun     0    0    0
> 04-Jul      2    1    3    9
> 04-Aug    0    0    0
> and so on
> total         4    5    9    9
>

> --
>
> HTH
>
> Bob
>
> "Learning VBA" <yourgoodfriend2005@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> This produced the following:
>>
>> 04/01    0    0    0    0
>> 04/02    1     1   2    2
>> 04/03     0    0    0
>> 04/05     1     3    4   4
>> 04/06     0     0    0
>> 04/07     2     1     3   3
>> 04/08     0     0     0
>> and so on
>> total       4     5     9    9
>>

>> For 04/05 the last number should be 6
>> for 04/07 the last number should be  9
>> The last column where the formula is should be a running total.  But if
>> no number is in column 2 3 and 4 last should be blank as is showing now..
>> The total should also be 9
>>
>> "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@somewhere.com> wrote in message
>>> Try a formula of
>>>
>>> =IF(E9<>0,MAX(F$6:F8)+E9,""
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> HTH
>>>
>>> Bob
>>>
>>> "Learning VBA" <yourgoodfriend2005@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
Learning
5/2/2010 12:57:39 PM
You are not using the formula that I gave you, you stripped the MAX unction.
It should be

=IF(I10<>0,MAX(J$5:J9)+I10,"")

--

>I also had to add the trailing ")". and this is the actual sheet
>
>     G               H          I                  J
> R$ 0.00 0.00 R$ 0.00 R$ 0.00
> 0.00               0.00      0.00
> R$ 5.00 R$ 1.00 R$ 4.00 R$ 4.00
> 0.00                   0.00          0.00
>
> R$ 20.00 0.00 R$ 20.00 R$ 20.00
>
> This is the actual formula:
> =IF(I10<>0,MAX(J$5)+I10,"")
>
> G - H = I   J   =  running total
>
> The 20.00 in the last column should be 24.00
>
> "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@somewhere.com> wrote in message
>> I had t correct the formula to add a trailing ) but this is what I got
>>
>> 04-Jan     0    0    0    0
>> 04-Feb    1    1    2    2
>> 04-Mar    0    0    0
>> 04-May   1    3    4    6
>> 04-Jun     0    0    0
>> 04-Jul      2    1    3    9
>> 04-Aug    0    0    0
>> and so on
>> total         4    5    9    9
>>

>> --
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> Bob
>>
>> "Learning VBA" <yourgoodfriend2005@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> This produced the following:
>>>
>>> 04/01    0    0    0    0
>>> 04/02    1     1   2    2
>>> 04/03     0    0    0
>>> 04/05     1     3    4   4
>>> 04/06     0     0    0
>>> 04/07     2     1     3   3
>>> 04/08     0     0     0
>>> and so on
>>> total       4     5     9    9
>>>

>>> For 04/05 the last number should be 6
>>> for 04/07 the last number should be  9
>>> The last column where the formula is should be a running total.  But if
>>> no number is in column 2 3 and 4 last should be blank as is showing
>>> now..
>>> The total should also be 9
>>>
>>> "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@somewhere.com> wrote in message

0
Bob
5/2/2010 1:09:27 PM
You are correct I am sorry.
Thanks for you help.

> You are not using the formula that I gave you, you stripped the MAX
> unction. It should be
>
> =IF(I10<>0,MAX(J$5:J9)+I10,"")
>

> --
>
> HTH
>
> Bob
>
> "Learning VBA" <yourgoodfriend2005@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I also had to add the trailing ")". and this is the actual sheet
>>
>>     G               H          I                  J
>> R$ 0.00 0.00 R$ 0.00 R$ 0.00
>> 0.00               0.00      0.00
>> R$ 5.00 R$ 1.00 R$ 4.00 R$ 4.00
>> 0.00                   0.00          0.00
>>
>> R$ 20.00 0.00 R$ 20.00 R$ 20.00
>>
>> This is the actual formula:
>> =IF(I10<>0,MAX(J$5)+I10,"")
>>
>> G - H = I   J   =  running total
>>
>> The 20.00 in the last column should be 24.00
>>
>> "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@somewhere.com> wrote in message
>>> I had t correct the formula to add a trailing ) but this is what I got
>>>
>>> 04-Jan     0    0    0    0
>>> 04-Feb    1    1    2    2
>>> 04-Mar    0    0    0
>>> 04-May   1    3    4    6
>>> 04-Jun     0    0    0
>>> 04-Jul      2    1    3    9
>>> 04-Aug    0    0    0
>>> and so on
>>> total         4    5    9    9
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>>> HTH
>>>
>>> Bob
>>>
>>> "Learning VBA" <yourgoodfriend2005@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
Learning

Outlook shows offline during dial up
Having a problem with outlook 2002. Over the WAN everything works fine. Dial up and connect to the network (VPN) internet work fine. Outlook will sync up however, a red x shows up in the bottom right hand corner. Outlook shows offline, I can send and receive but must hit send and receive. I have reloaded the computer from scratch and still have the same problem. Could it be a Excange setting? Any Ideas? Thanks for the help, If you hit File | Connect to Exchange Server what happens? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize ...

Need ability to print all tracking numbers on invoices
We need the ability to print *all* tracking numbers on invoices. We can have literally hundreds of tracking numbers associated with one invoice and under the present setup (using rw_CreateSOPTrackingNumberString) we can only show 4 1/2 numbers. -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the sug...

analytical accounting lookups should only show valid codes
When entering AA transaction distributions, the code lookup window should only show valid code combinations. It's not intuitive for the user to have to select a code and get an error message to discover which codes are valid. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

Show Window
I am currently developing a MFC SDI application. I want to integrate a tray icon with it. When the application is minimized it hides by ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) and then when double clicked on tray icon shown by ShowWindow(SW_SHOWNORMAL). But the problem is if some other application is activated after my application is minimized, ShowWindow shows it but it's behind some screen. I have tried with SetFocus didn't work. Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Varuna Try BringWindowToTop. ---- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com In addition to Ajay's idea you can also use SetFor...

Information Stores show dismounted yet mail is still flowing...
Background: Windows AD Mixed moded. Exchange 2003 installed on to a 2 node Microsoft cluster. 1 Front End server...connecting to the primary cluster node. Windows 2003 Standard on, FE Windows 2003 Enterprise Server on BEs (<---cluster) no service packs on either. Exchange has SP1 installed on both nodes and the FE. There are still Exchange 5.5 servers in the environment although they are not being used. The Issue: .....the information stores and public folders all show that they are dismounted...yet email is still flowing into and out of the server without any issues. I just...

reminder still shows up
when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am running Vista "Toppro" <Toppro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AE8DBF7-6BE3-454A-82F9-5A040566026C@microsoft.com... > when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am > running > Vista Outlook version? The Windows version isn't as important and that of Outlook. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Adding a new part number.
If we choose "edit item" and to make a new part number everything is fine. When we choose "New Item" from the Items menu, then choose "standard Item" I get a run time 94 error "invalid use of null" Any thoughts? SJ This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_014A_01C4B158.92936C70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Run-time Error 94 "Invalid Use of NULL" When Editing Items in QuickSell = 2000 (869936) Confidential Article (The information in ...

number formatting #4
Hi. I was woundering how I can add trailing zero's to numbers. I have a colunm with number lemgths between 1 and 7 digets and need them all to be 10 diget's long. I have no trouble with adding the zero's as headers but needt hem as trailers. Thanks. Hi zuraan, You could put the following formula in a column beside the numbers and then Copy, Paste special, Values over the original numbers. =A1*10^(7-LEN(A1)) The formula assumes that the number is in cell A1 -- Regards, OssieMac "zuraan" wrote: > Hi. I was woundering how I can add trailing zero's to number...

Using ajax call to fetch multiple results from multiple queries and showing them 1 by 1 as the results comes.
Hello, I've 20 labels in a 2x10 table on a page. for each label, data comes by individual queries. (total 20 queries for the page.) and it takes about 30-40 seconds for the page to load, and it's not comfortable for the user to see blank page. I want that each cell will show loading.gif images. As and when data comes from query, the images should go visible=false, and the label should display the values one by one. How do I do this task using ajax? Some ASP.NET code example will be helpful for me, as I'm a kind of beginner. Thanks ...

Results show as a minus. WHY?
I have an application that was developed by another developer using VB.net which reside in a SQL table. I need to use some of the data from this table, however the data shows as -0.5 or - 0.99 or -1.70 etc in my Access tables. How can I get those numbers to show as a percentage with only one decimal point to the left? Example: 3.6% or 31.4 %. Any help would be greatly appreciated. No matter what I do it shows that dang "-" at the beginning. You can use the Abs function to strip off the negative Abs([YourTable].[YourField]) And you can format that as percentage either using th...

Excel 2007 counting numbers
In Excel 2007 I have a question... I have a cell in a column B1: MJTB1001 I need to paste to approximately 235 new rows in the column B1 as follows MJTB2002 MJTB3003 MJTB4004... etc. What formula should I use to accomplish this task? Also I have the cell MJTB2044 and I need to make 235 new cells in column to fit like this... MJTB2044 MJTB3044 MJTB4044 MJTB5044 ... etc... 235 times.... Any thoughts? Thank you. In B2 put ="MJTB"&1001+(ROWS($B$1:B1)*1001) copy down 235 rows, select the range and copy and paste special as values in plac...

show comments when cell is highlighted Vs when cursor runs over? #2
How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? You can press Shift/F2, or Insert/Edit Comment. If you wanted to see it "automatically", when you select the cell, you'd need a macro, but I don't think this is what you're asking. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Don" wrote: > How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to > when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? To at least Excel 2000, if you have the Tools, Options, Comment Indicator Only you will see the co...

I need to type numbers into an excel spreadsheet some of them begin with a zero some do not. How can I have excel show the 0 in the numbers that begin with 0. If I type 0236547 the number shows as 236547. I don't want all the numbers I type to begin with zero. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks very much for your help. Best regards, Dee use a custom format with how ever many digits you need, 000000 -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA60FC8A-C7CB-432A-B2B2-EEEBF86D2646@microsoft.com... >...

Substracting numbers in non contigous cells
Hi! I need a formula to substract numbers in non contigous cells THAT ARE IN ONE COLUMN and have the result in other cell, for example: ..=2E.....................A...................B R1..................................BLANKCELL R2..................................BLANKCELL R3..................................15 R4..................................BLANKCELL R5..................................BLANKCELL R6..................60.............75 R8..................................BLANKCELL R9..................................BLANKCELL R10................................BLANKCELL R11...............

Report Server shows 'Service Unavailable'
Hi, before install, the SRS setup, send me a warning, some like "the Windows Sharepoint Services are install and not permit initialize a Reportserver component" i skip wiht the installation, so.. I can't run http://<localhost>/Reports and http://<localhost>ReportServer show a message "Service Unavailabe", but the ReportServer service is running How initialize that or what do i do? ------=_NextPart_0001_09E699C9 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > before install, the SRS set...

Comments not showing
When a SharePoint workflow is edited and a comment is added. The comment does not display in the workflow status screen under workflow history. It shows as follows: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Instead of: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Please update to the new company logo. This happens for all standard SharePoint workflows (Approval, Collect Feedback). Any custom workflows does show the comment. The comment field is update in the task item. It just does not show. There is no error in t...

Show more time in weekly view?
Outlook 2007 On default the weekly view is only showing until 4 PM without scrolling down. I know there is a way to let you see into the evening hours also without scrolling. Help please. Thanks... Bob ...

TransparentBlt doesn't show the bitmap in ME?
The following doesn't print the bitmap on ME while it works on 2k/xp, can someone help me? Though the status returns TRUE. Thanks. Jiac. CDC *hdc, bghdc; CBitmap bgBitmap; BITMAP bmpInfo; //loads bitmap into memory bgBitmap.LoadBitmap(IDB_BITMAP5); // this bitmap has no needles // get bitmap info bgBitmap.GetBitmap(&bmpInfo); hdc = m_obj->GetDC(); bghdc.CreateCompatibleDC(hdc); bghdc.SelectObject(&bgBitmap); BOOL status = hdc->TransparentBlt(0, 0, 80, 80, &bghdc, 0, 0, 80, 80, TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR); //TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR if (st...

Footnote number formatting changes spontaneously
Word 2003 Using the dialog at Insert menu > Reference > Footnote, I inserted the first footnote in my document with the asterisk/cross/etc. "number" formatting and set the numbering to Restart Each Page. Thereafter, I used Ctrl-Alt-F to insert subsequent footnotes, and the same formatting appeared, no problem. When I close and reopen the document, however, the footnote references become numerals and are Continuous throughout the document. How can I make the formatting I want stick? Thanks. This is very strange. You should treat the document as corrupt; see ...

Clear Data>Security Resource Description table not showing in list
GPv10 Logged in as sa. Go to Maint. >Clear Data>System and in the Tables list the Security Resource Description table is not there. Is there something I need to do to get access to that table? Thanks. Gi Never mind....I figured it out. You have to change the Display to Physical....Duh!! ...

mail box rights it only shows "SELF"
Once the user has been created, checking the Email address tab show nothing (empty), I pointing rus to the right DC, this solve that problem, but i have still have the next problem: under the mail box rights it only shows "SELF" where as all the other account show 8 or more system users? exchange 2003 Gr, Marco On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 13:10:27 -0800, "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Once the user has been created, checking the Email address tab show nothing >(empty), I pointing rus to the right DC, this solve that problem, but i have >...

Showing a Null result
I have a parent table linked to several child tables via a unique text string The report shows reults from the main table, and has subreports for the child tables. Some records in the parent table have no equivalents in the child tables. Can I insert some code to produce the subreports with a "None" or "NA" text string, without populating the child tables with these terms? My problem is that, I need to run "counting" queries on the child tables, but the "N/A" records skew the numbers by adding records where there should be none. I'm not su...

Number displays
How do I display a number in thousands or millions without rounding the number? For example, I would like to see 52,569,832 displayed as 52,569. Format the cell with a custom format To display in thousands format as #,;-#, (hash comma semicolon) To display in millions format as #,,;-#,, (hash comma comma semicolon) Hope this helps. Nick "TD8953" <TD8953@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD5CA727-FE87-47DE-A8D7-5CA9C0FD7B5A@microsoft.com... > How do I display a number in thousands or millions without rounding the > number? For example, I would like t...

Show Data Field After Hiding
I found a note from someone with the same question regarding reshowing data that was hidden after it was deselected from the drop-down list. And yes, it is easy enough to drag it back on from the field list, but if it involves anything more than just a sum or count, then you have to recreate it. For instance, my rows are years. One of my data fields I would like in the table twice - once as a sum and then again as % difference from previous year. The reason for wanting to hide one or the other, is I'm plotting this over time and would like to use the same chart. Since the scales are ob...