Show/Hide Column and Row Headers

Hello, ive got difficulty how to show the column and row headers in
Excel worksheets, can anyone help me?

tnx!

--
graz
graz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27611

Good morning Graz

Try Tools > Options > Row & Column Headers (under the View tab).

HTH

DominicB

--
dominicb
dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18932

cool! thank you dominicB

--
graz
graz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27611
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471335

analytical accounting lookups should only show valid codes
When entering AA transaction distributions, the code lookup window should only show valid code combinations. It's not intuitive for the user to have to select a code and get an error message to discover which codes are valid. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

Special Text to Column question
I have a special problem that I hope the gurus here can solve. Once a month or so, I receive a text file that includes about 400 lines of 323 characters each. Groups of characters have different meaning depending on their position in the string. Some are grouped in as little as one character, other groups are as long as 25 characters. There are no delimiting characters like commas, spaces or the like I usually open the file in Excel and click Text to Columns and select Fixed Width. From there I scroll left to right and click on the necessary widths for the groups involved "9, 5, 2, ...

Outlook shows offline during dial up
Having a problem with outlook 2002. Over the WAN everything works fine. Dial up and connect to the network (VPN) internet work fine. Outlook will sync up however, a red x shows up in the bottom right hand corner. Outlook shows offline, I can send and receive but must hit send and receive. I have reloaded the computer from scratch and still have the same problem. Could it be a Excange setting? Any Ideas? Thanks for the help, If you hit File | Connect to Exchange Server what happens? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize ...

Show Window
I am currently developing a MFC SDI application. I want to integrate a tray icon with it. When the application is minimized it hides by ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) and then when double clicked on tray icon shown by ShowWindow(SW_SHOWNORMAL). But the problem is if some other application is activated after my application is minimized, ShowWindow shows it but it's behind some screen. I have tried with SetFocus didn't work. Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Varuna Try BringWindowToTop. ---- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com In addition to Ajay's idea you can also use SetFor...

Replicate Column info 01-23-08
I am working on a project that requires me to populate a column with the exact info from another column. Is there a way that I can pull in the same value as another column in a table? First, make a backup of your data. If your field already exists, do an Update query. Choose the new field and then on the Update to line, put the field name which has the data you want to add. If this is something you need to do when the record is getting added, put the following code on the After Update event of your first field. Me.SecondFieldName = Me.FirstFieldName Hope this helps, Jackie "S...

Information Stores show dismounted yet mail is still flowing...
Background: Windows AD Mixed moded. Exchange 2003 installed on to a 2 node Microsoft cluster. 1 Front End server...connecting to the primary cluster node. Windows 2003 Standard on, FE Windows 2003 Enterprise Server on BEs (<---cluster) no service packs on either. Exchange has SP1 installed on both nodes and the FE. There are still Exchange 5.5 servers in the environment although they are not being used. The Issue: .....the information stores and public folders all show that they are dismounted...yet email is still flowing into and out of the server without any issues. I just...

reminder still shows up
when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am running Vista "Toppro" <Toppro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AE8DBF7-6BE3-454A-82F9-5A040566026C@microsoft.com... > when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am > running > Vista Outlook version? The Windows version isn't as important and that of Outlook. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

getting more columns and data onto one page in Crystal
Hello: Since you can only place so much data onto a "piece of paper", likely the answer is "no". But, even after choosing "Landscape" in Crytal (10.0), there's not a way of getting as many columns of data onto a report as I want--is there? Ideally, I'd like to get 14 columns on there but am running out of room on the right. Also, I have placed a cross-tab on my report that prints on multiple pages instead of just one. Of course, since the cross-tab has 83 rows of data, my guess is that there is nothing that I can do about this either. Is there? ...

Delete Row ABOVE
How would I delete rows if If b2="Void" Then I would like for it to delete Row 2 and Row 1? Hi, In column C, use the foll. formula in cell C1 =if(or(B2="Void",B1="Void"),"delete",1). Copy this all the way down. Now select the column and press Ctrl+G > Special > Formulas > Text. This will select all the cells which have delete. Now you may delete these rows -- Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP www.ashishmathur.com "Donna" <donna@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:EBE2120C-722E-4648-8DE9-...

Using ajax call to fetch multiple results from multiple queries and showing them 1 by 1 as the results comes.
Hello, I've 20 labels in a 2x10 table on a page. for each label, data comes by individual queries. (total 20 queries for the page.) and it takes about 30-40 seconds for the page to load, and it's not comfortable for the user to see blank page. I want that each cell will show loading.gif images. As and when data comes from query, the images should go visible=false, and the label should display the values one by one. How do I do this task using ajax? Some ASP.NET code example will be helpful for me, as I'm a kind of beginner. Thanks ...

Sum a column of variable length?
I have to build a workbook where columns of data will be cut and pasted into Tab 1, then the column totals need to appear automatically on Tab 2. The problem is that the number of rows of data in Tab 1 will be variable and unpredictable, although the columns will always start in a known row. I might be able to do it by something like =SUM('Tab 1'!I7:I65535) but is there a more precise way? Here is one way =SUM(OFFSET('Tab 1'!I7,,,'Tab 1'!COUNTA(I:I)-'Tab 1'!COUNTA(I1:I6))) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Br...

Filling sliding accross and along columns
Hi all, Can anybody tell me how can I slide a formula contsinaing a constant across lines and along columns. Here is an example a11 a12 a13 a21 a22 a23 a31 a32 a33 What I would like to have is a11 a12 a13 a21/a11 a22/a11 a23/a11 : For this I use =CELL/$CELL$XX and slide across a31/a11 a32/a11 a33/a11 : Seems like sliding the previous formula along columns is not working. Cheers kaci, just a suggestion for you to play around with and figure the solutio our for yourself. for the divisor, try $A$1, $A1, A$1 in order to anchor the cell, th column, the row respectively. mac -...

Results show as a minus. WHY?
I have an application that was developed by another developer using VB.net which reside in a SQL table. I need to use some of the data from this table, however the data shows as -0.5 or - 0.99 or -1.70 etc in my Access tables. How can I get those numbers to show as a percentage with only one decimal point to the left? Example: 3.6% or 31.4 %. Any help would be greatly appreciated. No matter what I do it shows that dang "-" at the beginning. You can use the Abs function to strip off the negative Abs([YourTable].[YourField]) And you can format that as percentage either using th...

show comments when cell is highlighted Vs when cursor runs over? #2
How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? You can press Shift/F2, or Insert/Edit Comment. If you wanted to see it "automatically", when you select the cell, you'd need a macro, but I don't think this is what you're asking. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Don" wrote: > How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to > when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? To at least Excel 2000, if you have the Tools, Options, Comment Indicator Only you will see the co...

I need to type numbers into an excel spreadsheet some of them begin with a zero some do not. How can I have excel show the 0 in the numbers that begin with 0. If I type 0236547 the number shows as 236547. I don't want all the numbers I type to begin with zero. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks very much for your help. Best regards, Dee use a custom format with how ever many digits you need, 000000 -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA60FC8A-C7CB-432A-B2B2-EEEBF86D2646@microsoft.com... >...

EXCEL ROW DELETIONS
I have a workbook with 10,000 rows of zipcodes, every other row is blank. I need to delete these blank rows. Is there a way it can be done all at once instead of selecting each one? Thanks You could sort and delete all at once. "Laine" <elipari@databaseamerica.com> wrote in message news:00bd01c37946$ca76f0d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have a workbook with 10,000 rows of zipcodes, every > other row is blank. I need to delete these blank rows. Is > there a way it can be done all at once instead of > selecting each one? > Thanks "Laine" <elipari@da...

Report Server shows 'Service Unavailable'
Hi, before install, the SRS setup, send me a warning, some like "the Windows Sharepoint Services are install and not permit initialize a Reportserver component" i skip wiht the installation, so.. I can't run http://<localhost>/Reports and http://<localhost>ReportServer show a message "Service Unavailabe", but the ReportServer service is running How initialize that or what do i do? ------=_NextPart_0001_09E699C9 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > before install, the SRS set...

Comments not showing
When a SharePoint workflow is edited and a comment is added. The comment does not display in the workflow status screen under workflow history. It shows as follows: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Instead of: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Please update to the new company logo. This happens for all standard SharePoint workflows (Approval, Collect Feedback). Any custom workflows does show the comment. The comment field is update in the task item. It just does not show. There is no error in t...

Show more time in weekly view?
Outlook 2007 On default the weekly view is only showing until 4 PM without scrolling down. I know there is a way to let you see into the evening hours also without scrolling. Help please. Thanks... Bob ...

How do you combine two columns to one?
I have a column of address numbers that needs to combine with street names so that I have a combined column of a complete address. Example - What I have in column A is "24513" and in column B I have "Main Street". So I need to combine all of column A with all of column B so that all the addresses appear in one column as "24513 Main Street" Try this in C1: =A1&" "&B1 HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I have a column of address numbers that needs to combine with street names so >that I have a combined column of...

TransparentBlt doesn't show the bitmap in ME?
The following doesn't print the bitmap on ME while it works on 2k/xp, can someone help me? Though the status returns TRUE. Thanks. Jiac. CDC *hdc, bghdc; CBitmap bgBitmap; BITMAP bmpInfo; //loads bitmap into memory bgBitmap.LoadBitmap(IDB_BITMAP5); // this bitmap has no needles // get bitmap info bgBitmap.GetBitmap(&bmpInfo); hdc = m_obj->GetDC(); bghdc.CreateCompatibleDC(hdc); bghdc.SelectObject(&bgBitmap); BOOL status = hdc->TransparentBlt(0, 0, 80, 80, &bghdc, 0, 0, 80, 80, TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR); //TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR if (st...

In Excel
In Excel is there a way to draw a circle, oval, free hand line etc. around a group of numbers (cells) so that the numbers (contents of cells) remain visible? Much line using the "Outside Borders" command? Thanks JBESr JB Using the drawing toolbar, select the oval icon and draw the oval over the numbers required. Format the autoshape, Colors and Lines, Fill color to No Fill. Tony >-----Original Message----- >In Excel is there a way to draw a circle, oval, free hand line etc. >around a group of numbers (cells) so that the numbers (contents of >cells) remain visi...

Hide toolbar in print preview?
How can I hide the toolbar (or at least disable it) in the print preview mode of a view? Thanks in advance, D. ...

Clear Data>Security Resource Description table not showing in list
GPv10 Logged in as sa. Go to Maint. >Clear Data>System and in the Tables list the Security Resource Description table is not there. Is there something I need to do to get access to that table? Thanks. Gi Never mind....I figured it out. You have to change the Display to Physical....Duh!! ...