Show format in formula bar

Hello:

On some spreadsheets I have #'s in the billions added together in
cells. Sometimes it is difficult to verify the number is 10,000,000,000
because it shows up as 10000000000. My eyes get crossed counting the
zeros.

I'd love if the formula bar would show 10,000,000,000; however, can't
seem to find a way to do this. Is this possible?

No, you can't change the  number formatting in the formula bar.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Native" <native_texan_03@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello:
>
> On some spreadsheets I have #'s in the billions added together
> in
> cells. Sometimes it is difficult to verify the number is
> 10,000,000,000
> because it shows up as 10000000000. My eyes get crossed
> counting the
> zeros.
>
> I'd love if the formula bar would show 10,000,000,000; however,
> can't
> seem to find a way to do this. Is this possible?

0
chip1 (1821)

In-cell progress bars?
Is there a way to have an Excel (2003) cell display a percentage result from a calculation as a shaded percentage of a cell instead of returning a result? It seems like that sort of thing should be in Format Cells... > Shading, but there's nothing there. This is possible to set up in an HTML cell by including a 1-pixel-wide graphic then changing the width attribute of the img tag. Is there anything similar in Excel? Thanks, -j One way you could do this is by means of this formula: =REPT("|",100*A1) if you have a percentage in A1 - it will repeat the pipe character once fo...

Show images in a report
Hello, I have a report I want to show images in. The table has a field with an internal link to a folder. I have searched the net and tried a few things but nothing works. Anyone have a link to an easy way of doing this? Thanks! -- Thanks, Chad I got it... -- Thanks, Chad "SoggyCashew" wrote: > Hello, I have a report I want to show images in. The table has a field with > an internal link to a folder. I have searched the net and tried a few things > but nothing works. Anyone have a link to an easy way of doing this? Thanks! > -- > Thanks, &...

formula to move a scored number to a score sheet
i run a race team. we have 20 teams competeing. we select 7 riders each to compete in various age and skill levels. we sort the riders by age and skill level. as we score the races, i need a formula that will send the results back to the team score card. for example i have 20 score card, one for each team. each card has 3colums with 7 cells. after we sort the riders they are no longer grouped by teams. the formula would have to know to send the score of a rider from team (a) to the correct score card and if the first cell has a score in it, to place it in the next cell in the column a...

Connecting multiple IF statements into one formula
I am trying to create a formula using multiple IF statements. Individually they all work but I don't know how to connect them in into one formula. Basically, 4 possible date ranges that would each produce a different text value. Any suggestions? =IF(AND(I1>=DATEVALUE("1-Jan"),I1<=DATEVALUE("31-Mar")),"Spring Assortment")*IF(AND(I1>=DATEVALUE("1-Apr"),I1<=DATEVALUE("30-Jun")),"Summer Assortment")*IF(AND(I1>=DATEVALUE("1-Jul"),I1<=DATEVALUE("30-Sep")),"Fall Assortment"...

Conditional Formating Highlight Results
I have 4 employees inspecting properties based on zip codes. Each employee has multiple zipcode assigned to them (as few as 4 and as many as 12). How do I take a spreadsheet and write a single formula or use conditional formating to find all of the zip codes assigned to an employee and change the row of infomation to match a single color assigned to the employee? It depends upon how the data is laid out. Without that information, we are just guessing. -- HTH Bob "MikeD" <MikeD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F0FCD7E-28D1-45A1-90F9-...

Using Link Bars across sites
Is it possible to use a custom Links Bar across multiple (SharePoint-based) sites that all have the same parent site? I have a bar developed for my parent site but don't seem to be able to assign it to other pages under the same site. Thanks! It is only possible to assign a link bar to pages in the same site. However, a subsite is NOT the same site as the parent site. You will have to create a new link bar for each of the multiple sites. -- Ron Symonds Microsoft MVP (Expression Web) http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unrea...

FRx formatting
Is it possible to have amounts formatted as a percent (%) but print blank if the amount is nil, ie BLANK NOT "0.0%"? Some special format string on either the Column or Row formats perhaps? Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0076_01C5AA55.C84ED9C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit In the Catalog on the Report Options | Formatting tab there is a checkbox to display blanks for zero amounts - this would be global to your report however, not just to columns with %ages. Hope that helps, -...

format styles
I am unable to use the formats $ , % from the toolbar. If I click on them, I get a message saying :"Style not found" Currently I have to go into format cells in order to apply any of them in a worksheet. I have tried under Tools, Style- modify, add, but I still get the same message. Could someone advice me? Thanks, ...

Re: Shared calendar not showing popup reminders; way to do this?
Oops, forgot again. Version = O2K. "StargateFanFromWork" <NoSpam@NoJunkMail.com> wrote in message news:... >A colleague and I have access to our respective boss' calendars. We have >them open yet minimized. What we're finding is that the 15min reminder >pops up for our bosses but not for us. > > Is there a way to get our shared copies to also remind us of an upcoming > meeting for our respective bosses. This would be of enormous help! > > Thanks. :oD > > There's an add-in written by an MVP, Ken Slovak: http://www.slovaktec...

Lookup (Picklist) that only shows related Contacts to Account
Hi, (CRM 4) I'm working on the Order screens and I would like to have a field that has an available drop down of only the Contacts that are related to the Account specified in the Customer field. (assuming that I would create the Order from the Account area). Any ideas? Is there an existing relationship I could use/edit to allow this. Again to clarify, when creating a new Order from withn an Account, I would like a field where I have a picklist of only the associated Contacts within that account. please help! TIA you need something called a filtered lookup, which CRM does not h...

FINANCE Formula Help
I am trying to set up a spreadsheet function to get the following answers but am having little luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a formula to get the required answers? Q: Consider a bond with a face value of $1,000. The coupon payment is made semi-annually and the yield to maturity is 12% (effective annual yield). How much would you pay for the bond if: A: The coupon rate is 8% and the time to maturity is 20 years? B: The coupon rate is 10% and the time to maturity is 15 years? Any help would be appreciated... JCH Look in help for the PRICE function. Only trick is ...

Indian Number Format
MS Excel does not recognise the Indian Number Format of Lacs (= 100,000) and Crores (=10 million). That is, the comma is put after the 5th place left from the decimal point for 'Lacs' and after the7th place left from the decimal point. I have an Indian Accounting Software called 'Ex' developed by TCS. It exports data in Indian Number Formats as above. Unfortunately, I can not process this data as Excel does not recognise this format. This format is very extensively used in Indian Sub-continent. In order to process this data, I have remove all the commas by 'find and...

2-4 stacked bar graphs, two variables each, Y's vary same chart
An example of what I want to do on one chart would be if I wanted to do bar graphs of male and female attendance for 5 months for two or more classes. The X axes are all the same, with the categories of 5 months eg jan-May) . There would be two bars (male and female attendance) for each month on all of the graphs . The Y's might be different for each class. I want them all on the same chart. (I have spend 5 frustrating hours trying to figure out how to do this! I already have my data in separate charts, but have the source data). I shall be so grateful if someone can help me do th...

How do I change the default cell formatting to be text?
I would like Excell to treat all of the cells as text even if they contain numbers, all the time. Is there some way to do this? I am interested in things like ($67,568) being changed to -$67,568 and things of this nature, I am using test to columns and it is always trying to change the format, so I would liek to be able to nit have to click through each column and change its format back to text. in reality my bigger probelm is I would like to create a document in which none of the content can be modified only the formatting. thanks Ian I'm not sure if this helps, but you could use ...

GAL not showing everyone, "All Contacts" does
Hi there folks, We have about 20k contacts in our Win2003 AD, and prior to our migration they all appeared in Outlook when showing names from the "Global Address List". Now, however, this list only shows a seemingly random subset of the contacts. If we select "All contacts" from the "Show names from the" listbox they all appear as expected. Looking at the GAL options in the System Manager, the "Default Global Address List" has the following filter criteria, and a preview lists all contacts. (& (mailnickname=*) (| (&(objectCategory=person)(ob...

How to delete Outlook "address bar" history
Hi, could someone please advise me how to delete some website addresses from the outlook (2002) address bar thingy, nothing too unwanted I may add (but if the other half see's them it will spoil a surprise). If its just a wee bit complicated I would appreciate "step by step" instructions - am not to good with computers. Thanks a lot, Daren Open Internet Explorer Go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Go to General tab -> Under the History section, click on the "Clear History" button. -------------------- >From: "Daren" <anonymous@discussion...

Hours and Minutes Data format
I am trying to format a cell so it displays Hours and minutes. I am entering 1:00 and desplaying 1/01/1900 12:00:00 AM. The formating on the cell is HH:MM. Try again... you probably entered 1.0 by mistake. The date you are seeing corresponds to 1.0. In the cell you must be getting 0:00 "Dave08" wrote: > I am trying to format a cell so it displays Hours and minutes. I am entering > 1:00 and desplaying 1/01/1900 12:00:00 AM. The formating on the cell is > HH:MM. > Thanks that worked but now I am getting AM on the end. "Sheeloo" wrote: > Try aga...

Completely stumped for formula
I have a database containing details of all the children in my school, In one column are the classes that each child is in, in another column is their religion, I need to be able to count how many are of a certain religion in each particular class. I have a drop down list listing each class. I need a formula to look at that box, which is assigned to a cell, then identify all children in that particular class and show the number of buddhists(for example) in a cell. Hope I've explained this correctly and clearly Thanks in advance =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A500=D2),--(B2:B500="Buddist&...

prevent login box showing up at starting
Hi, On outlook 98, is there anyway we can save password for a profile saved so that it will not ask everytime. Example, i created a profile(user1) for a domain user (having mail ccount on mail server) on one of our servers. I am sending mail from our oracle forms application(using MAPI interface). The forms uses local administrator account and there is no way of changing it. I made user1 as default profile. When i send mail from forms it appears it is failing because it couldn't login to mail server(it doesn't have account on mail server as it is a local account). Can i ma...

Formula Problem #11
I am trying to raise a formula that gives me a sum of two cells when there is a positive value present and the following appears to satisfy this. =IF(H55<>"",H55+H56,"") The problem is that if the cell H55 is actually empty, I want to sum two different cells in this case H54+H56. Is there any way of achieving this with the OR or some other function? Very many thanks david See if this formula works for you =if(h55<>"",h55+h56,if(h55="",h54+h56,"")) DavidM wrote: > *I am trying to raise a formula that gives me a sum o...

Pull publishers up and only one out of ten pages shows up. Why?
I am using Publisher 2003. I made a booklet and had 60 some odd pages on it, but when I pull it up now only 1 page shows. Why? and what have I done or can do to correct this problem? ...

Conditional Format Lost after Row Insert
Hi, I've got conditional formatting with three conditions. If I inser columns, all is fine. If I insert rows above the conditiona formatting and any related cells, the formatting is lost. Any body go any solutions? Thanks in advance, Bram Weisma -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I just did a simple test with simple formatting and row insert is not problem. The conditional formating that gets deleted is constructe with INDIRECT function -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Struggling with colour format/contracts in Live Mail
Some help please with Windows Live Mail would be appreciated. I have upgraded from XP to Windows 7 and hence lost OE. I have installed Live Mail and am generally happy with it. However I am struggling to read the grey on white text, which is very hard on the eyes (and I'm in my 30's!). I do not understand why I cannot have a solid colour and the option to change it instead of the 'washed out' schemes. Is there a way of simply having black on white text? (I have tried the highcontrast mode and didn't like that either). Also, is there a way to change just t...

format cell
How to set a cell so that when I key in [number] follow by [/] follow by [number] and display as number - number I.e key in 3/4, appear as 3 - 4 Not by formatting alone. You could format the cell as text (not general, not a date) and use the adjacent cell to return the string the way you want to see it: =substitute(a1,"/"," - ") After you do all your data entry, you could hide the original column or even convert the formula column to values and delete the original column. crapit wrote: > > How to set a cell so that when I key in [number] fol...

How to format text in the cell, so the end of text will be visible?
In visual basic: When the textbox is smaller than the text, to display the last part of the text I do: txtWaveFile.SelStart = Len(txtWaveFile.Text) How can I do the same for the particular cell? I have tried: moExcelWS.Cells(1, 2).Text.sellstart = Len(moExcelWS.Cells(1, 2).Text) but that of course is wrong. Jack Maybe you can justify the text to the left? But if there's something in the cell to the left, you won't see the leading text. Jack wrote: > > In visual basic: > When the textbox is smaller than the text, to display the last part of the > text I do: >...