Show format in formula bar

Hello:

On some spreadsheets I have #'s in the billions added together in
cells. Sometimes it is difficult to verify the number is 10,000,000,000
because it shows up as 10000000000. My eyes get crossed counting the
zeros.

I'd love if the formula bar would show 10,000,000,000; however, can't
seem to find a way to do this. Is this possible?

No, you can't change the  number formatting in the formula bar.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Native" <native_texan_03@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello:
>
> On some spreadsheets I have #'s in the billions added together
> in
> cells. Sometimes it is difficult to verify the number is
> 10,000,000,000
> because it shows up as 10000000000. My eyes get crossed
> counting the
> zeros.
>
> I'd love if the formula bar would show 10,000,000,000; however,
> can't
> seem to find a way to do this. Is this possible?

0
chip1 (1821)

analytical accounting lookups should only show valid codes
When entering AA transaction distributions, the code lookup window should only show valid code combinations. It's not intuitive for the user to have to select a code and get an error message to discover which codes are valid. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

help formula versus value
Hi, I�ve got a problem. I get streaming forex data in cell i2 whenever the data changes I want to trigger a script to check something. I used this script in vb worksheet to trigger it. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Range("i2")) Is Nothing Then bla bla bla ect. But it only reacts when the actual value changes like when I type something in cell i2. Since there is a formula in i2 to get the streaming data it won�t trigger it. What am I doing wrong?:confused: Thanks for helping -- climax -----------------------------------------...

Outlook shows offline during dial up
Having a problem with outlook 2002. Over the WAN everything works fine. Dial up and connect to the network (VPN) internet work fine. Outlook will sync up however, a red x shows up in the bottom right hand corner. Outlook shows offline, I can send and receive but must hit send and receive. I have reloaded the computer from scratch and still have the same problem. Could it be a Excange setting? Any Ideas? Thanks for the help, If you hit File | Connect to Exchange Server what happens? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize ...

Clickable Bar Charts #2
Thank you very much for your help. Your excellent examples have hal helped me - but unfortunately because I am just beginning to teac myself this, I am not sure what to do now. I need the following: ******** If ElementID = xlSeries Then If Arg2 > 0 Then MsgBox "Series " & Arg1 & vbCrLf _ & SeriesCollection(Arg1).Name & vbCrLf _ & "Point " & Arg2 & vbCrLf _ & "X = " & WorksheetFunction.Index _ (SeriesCollection(Arg1).XValues, Arg2) & vbCrLf _ & "Y = " & WorksheetFunction.Index _ (SeriesCollection(Arg...

reminder still shows up
when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am running Vista "Toppro" <Toppro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AE8DBF7-6BE3-454A-82F9-5A040566026C@microsoft.com... > when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am > running > Vista Outlook version? The Windows version isn't as important and that of Outlook. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

DB Format uinregconized
Hi, I copied a Access 2k mdb File over a SD card to Notebook, my access XP on Notebook cannot read this DB ("DB Format unreconized"). I converted this file to Access XP format, the result was the same. I had anytime this problem with Excell 2002. Is this a feature of Office XP or is there a problem? What can I do? Thanks Nhan On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 11:01:01 +0200, "Thanh-Nhan Le" <tnle_2003@yahoo.de> wrote: >Hi, > >I copied a Access 2k mdb File over a SD card to Notebook, my access XP on >Notebook cannot read this DB ("DB Format unreconized&qu...

number formatting #4
Hi. I was woundering how I can add trailing zero's to numbers. I have a colunm with number lemgths between 1 and 7 digets and need them all to be 10 diget's long. I have no trouble with adding the zero's as headers but needt hem as trailers. Thanks. Hi zuraan, You could put the following formula in a column beside the numbers and then Copy, Paste special, Values over the original numbers. =A1*10^(7-LEN(A1)) The formula assumes that the number is in cell A1 -- Regards, OssieMac "zuraan" wrote: > Hi. I was woundering how I can add trailing zero's to number...

Information Stores show dismounted yet mail is still flowing...
Background: Windows AD Mixed moded. Exchange 2003 installed on to a 2 node Microsoft cluster. 1 Front End server...connecting to the primary cluster node. Windows 2003 Standard on, FE Windows 2003 Enterprise Server on BEs (<---cluster) no service packs on either. Exchange has SP1 installed on both nodes and the FE. There are still Exchange 5.5 servers in the environment although they are not being used. The Issue: .....the information stores and public folders all show that they are dismounted...yet email is still flowing into and out of the server without any issues. I just...

Format of linked graphics file
I have designed a report to link to graphics files. Somewhere along the line I read that .wmf or .emf files are best suited to the purpose. I think that was in Access Help, but I can't find it now. Anyhow, is there a reason for choosing one graphics file format over another for this purpose? The files are images of handwritten signatures, which means the resolution requirements are not as high as they would be for something like photos, in case that matters in selecting the format. ...

Show Window
I am currently developing a MFC SDI application. I want to integrate a tray icon with it. When the application is minimized it hides by ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) and then when double clicked on tray icon shown by ShowWindow(SW_SHOWNORMAL). But the problem is if some other application is activated after my application is minimized, ShowWindow shows it but it's behind some screen. I have tried with SetFocus didn't work. Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Varuna Try BringWindowToTop. ---- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com In addition to Ajay's idea you can also use SetFor...

Using ajax call to fetch multiple results from multiple queries and showing them 1 by 1 as the results comes.
Hello, I've 20 labels in a 2x10 table on a page. for each label, data comes by individual queries. (total 20 queries for the page.) and it takes about 30-40 seconds for the page to load, and it's not comfortable for the user to see blank page. I want that each cell will show loading.gif images. As and when data comes from query, the images should go visible=false, and the label should display the values one by one. How do I do this task using ajax? Some ASP.NET code example will be helpful for me, as I'm a kind of beginner. Thanks ...

Cell value in formula
Does anybody know if I can report a value in a cell to formula in a another cell. For exampel if the value in A1 is "Sheet2" and a formula in A2 is =LETARAD(B2;'((A1))'!A:B;2;FALSKT) Im not sure what 'Letarad' is called in english, Findrow? /Marcus Hi have a look at the INDIRECT function for this >-----Original Message----- >Does anybody know if I can report a value in a cell to formula in a another cell. > >For exampel if the value in A1 is "Sheet2" >and a formula in A2 is >=LETARAD(B2;'((A1))'!A:B;2;FALSKT) > >Im not su...

Results show as a minus. WHY?
I have an application that was developed by another developer using VB.net which reside in a SQL table. I need to use some of the data from this table, however the data shows as -0.5 or - 0.99 or -1.70 etc in my Access tables. How can I get those numbers to show as a percentage with only one decimal point to the left? Example: 3.6% or 31.4 %. Any help would be greatly appreciated. No matter what I do it shows that dang "-" at the beginning. You can use the Abs function to strip off the negative Abs([YourTable].[YourField]) And you can format that as percentage either using th...

Having problem replacing formatting
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC When I cut and paste from an email into Word, I get line returns at the end of each line. I'd like to get rid of those...and have been able until now. <br><br>In the past I've replaced the line return by clicking Find, entering ^p, selecting Replace and entering a word space. And that did it. But none of this works now. Are there new formatting symbols? Am I doing it wrong? Am I missing something. <br><br>Any help would be greatly appreciated. There are two kinds of "line...

I need to type numbers into an excel spreadsheet some of them begin with a zero some do not. How can I have excel show the 0 in the numbers that begin with 0. If I type 0236547 the number shows as 236547. I don't want all the numbers I type to begin with zero. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks very much for your help. Best regards, Dee use a custom format with how ever many digits you need, 000000 -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA60FC8A-C7CB-432A-B2B2-EEEBF86D2646@microsoft.com... >...

Date Format In A Report
I am writng a report to show assessments due on a weekly basis. I created the report but in the Header of the Report where it will havve the assessment referencedate group together by the week it is showing up as a number to represent which week of the year it is. I want it to display the week as a Sunday date to show the beginning of the week rather than a number to display which week it is in the year. Can someone give me the correct formula to put in there to make it show this? Thanks Julie Julie Gilliam wrote: >I am writng a report to show assessments due on a weekl...

Help with Formula #10
I have a table with three columns. Column 1 has dates in it - no problem; column two has a dollar amount added each day; column three is the problem - it adds $0.07 to column two. The formula to do that I have already setup, however, all the cells in column three have a value of $0.07 showing until the value is added to column two. What I would like to do is to keep column three blank until a value is added to column two. How would this be done ? -- Steven. In God we trust, all others we virus scan. "elusiverunner" <elusiverunner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Report Server shows 'Service Unavailable'
Hi, before install, the SRS setup, send me a warning, some like "the Windows Sharepoint Services are install and not permit initialize a Reportserver component" i skip wiht the installation, so.. I can't run http://<localhost>/Reports and http://<localhost>ReportServer show a message "Service Unavailabe", but the ReportServer service is running How initialize that or what do i do? ------=_NextPart_0001_09E699C9 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > before install, the SRS set...

Comments not showing
When a SharePoint workflow is edited and a comment is added. The comment does not display in the workflow status screen under workflow history. It shows as follows: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Instead of: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Please update to the new company logo. This happens for all standard SharePoint workflows (Approval, Collect Feedback). Any custom workflows does show the comment. The comment field is update in the task item. It just does not show. There is no error in t...

show comments when cell is highlighted Vs when cursor runs over? #2
How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? You can press Shift/F2, or Insert/Edit Comment. If you wanted to see it "automatically", when you select the cell, you'd need a macro, but I don't think this is what you're asking. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Don" wrote: > How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to > when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? To at least Excel 2000, if you have the Tools, Options, Comment Indicator Only you will see the co...

Show more time in weekly view?
Outlook 2007 On default the weekly view is only showing until 4 PM without scrolling down. I know there is a way to let you see into the evening hours also without scrolling. Help please. Thanks... Bob ...

progress bar didn't update in Vista
Hi I have a program which will show a progress bar in top of Dialog window. It works fine in windows XP and win 2k, but doesn't work in Vista. When running the program in Vista, the progress bar will show but doensn't get update when calling StepIt(). The position seems always stay at beginning The simpified code as follows: CProgressCtrl progressBar; progressBar.Create( WS_VISIBLE | WS_CHILD | PBS_SMOOTH, rect, this, IDC_PROGRESSBAR ); progressBar.SetRange( 0, 100 ); progressBar.SetStep( 25 ); progressBar.StepIt(); Your help is highly appreciated Jun > > The simpifie...

Excel Bar that looks like an Outlook Bar
I have an employee who has what looks like an Outlook BAR on the left side of his Excel worksheet. He inherited the computer and files and does not know how to get rid of it. I have never seen anything like this. Anyone know? Maybe there's an outline on the sheet. Choose Data> Group and Outline > Clear Outline to remove it. Cal Miyatake wrote: > I have an employee who has what looks like an Outlook BAR > on the left side of his Excel worksheet. He inherited the > computer and files and does not know how to get rid of > it. I have never seen anything like this...

Formatting Anomaly
I've asked Excel to format all of the cells in a column with Wrap Text, and for the most part it does just that. But I've found that when the text is too long, it fills the cell with '#'. Is there any way to get Excel to wrap the text without regard to how much there is? Excel 2002 (10.6501.6714)SP3 Thanks. I don't think it's the wrap text that's the problem. Try formatting the cell as General. (Text format shows ### when you have a string between 255 and 1024 characters long in that cell.) Christopher Weaver wrote: > > I've asked Excel to f...