Show data form on file open

Hello everyone,

I have a large CSV file I write to a CD.  When someone opens the file
off of the CD, I would like to have the default data form (from
Data/Forms menu item) automatically opened with all fields/criteria
clear.

Thanks for your advice!

Files for printing
I am putting together a booklet which is going to be printed at a commercial printers. The printer doesn't know Publisher but said it will be fine if I save it to a pdf and save all images to cmyk format. My question is, do I need to save all the jpg's etc. to cmyk format and put them back in - or can I simply save the file in the print options to 'output composite cmyk'? This is a regular 40 page booket that I am getting printed so I want to make my life as easy as possible! Many thanks Sorry - forgot to mention - using Publisher 2003 "ChrisB" <chis@w...

analytical accounting lookups should only show valid codes
When entering AA transaction distributions, the code lookup window should only show valid code combinations. It's not intuitive for the user to have to select a code and get an error message to discover which codes are valid. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

How to recover data from OL2003 OST file when Exchange Server is no longer available
Hello After Exchange Server (in Windows Small Business Server 2003) is no longer available, I still have an OST file (created in OL 2003), just under 2 GB in size. Can one recover the data from this OST file? Thanks, David Yes, you can get the data out of it. Do you still have the exchange profile or very recently deleted it? if so, it's a matter of moving the stuff to a pst. If not, you need a tool - see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ansi-to-unicode.asp and http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.asp for tools that you can use. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] O...

i WOULD LIKE TO FREEZE OLD DATA ON GRAPH TO ALLOW FOR UPDATE VIA M
I have a excel spreadsheet which upon me running the macro updates my graphs unfortunely due to limitations of 65,000 the system is no longer updating. I though if I could freeze the data on the graph I could omit the old data and just update based on the new. Any suggestions.. Hi, Excel only allows a certain number of data points on a chart, and I believe that limit is still in place in 2007: Data points in a data series for 2-D charts 32,000 Data points in a data series for 3-D charts 4,000 Data points for all data series in one chart 256,000 Depending on exactly what you are doi...

restore calendar from pst file
I unfortunately backed up the Calendar folder as a .pst file and now when I try to import it back to Calendar I cannot - error message is that it is incorrect format. It needs to be a .ics file - what can I do to restore the data to my Outlook Calendar? ...

Outlook shows offline during dial up
Having a problem with outlook 2002. Over the WAN everything works fine. Dial up and connect to the network (VPN) internet work fine. Outlook will sync up however, a red x shows up in the bottom right hand corner. Outlook shows offline, I can send and receive but must hit send and receive. I have reloaded the computer from scratch and still have the same problem. Could it be a Excange setting? Any Ideas? Thanks for the help, If you hit File | Connect to Exchange Server what happens? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize ...

Hyperlink won't open if Internet Explorer already open
W2K, Outlook 2003. If I have a hyperlink in an e-mail and click on it, it opens up Internet Explorer 6 and goes to the site to which the hyperlink points. However, if I already have IE open (doesn't matter what site I'm on) before clicking on the hyperlink, nothing happens when I click the hyperlink. The same thing happens with attachments, such as Excel. If I don't have Excel open and wish to open an Excel attachment in an e-mail message, it opens fine. If I already have Excel open, the attachment won't open. I don't care if it opens a new IE or Excel windo...

Show Window
I am currently developing a MFC SDI application. I want to integrate a tray icon with it. When the application is minimized it hides by ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) and then when double clicked on tray icon shown by ShowWindow(SW_SHOWNORMAL). But the problem is if some other application is activated after my application is minimized, ShowWindow shows it but it's behind some screen. I have tried with SetFocus didn't work. Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Varuna Try BringWindowToTop. ---- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com In addition to Ajay's idea you can also use SetFor...

Format of linked graphics file
I have designed a report to link to graphics files. Somewhere along the line I read that .wmf or .emf files are best suited to the purpose. I think that was in Access Help, but I can't find it now. Anyhow, is there a reason for choosing one graphics file format over another for this purpose? The files are images of handwritten signatures, which means the resolution requirements are not as high as they would be for something like photos, in case that matters in selecting the format. ...

Information Stores show dismounted yet mail is still flowing...
Background: Windows AD Mixed moded. Exchange 2003 installed on to a 2 node Microsoft cluster. 1 Front End server...connecting to the primary cluster node. Windows 2003 Standard on, FE Windows 2003 Enterprise Server on BEs (<---cluster) no service packs on either. Exchange has SP1 installed on both nodes and the FE. There are still Exchange 5.5 servers in the environment although they are not being used. The Issue: .....the information stores and public folders all show that they are dismounted...yet email is still flowing into and out of the server without any issues. I just...

reminder still shows up
when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am running Vista "Toppro" <Toppro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AE8DBF7-6BE3-454A-82F9-5A040566026C@microsoft.com... > when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am > running > Vista Outlook version? The Windows version isn't as important and that of Outlook. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

getting more columns and data onto one page in Crystal
Hello: Since you can only place so much data onto a "piece of paper", likely the answer is "no". But, even after choosing "Landscape" in Crytal (10.0), there's not a way of getting as many columns of data onto a report as I want--is there? Ideally, I'd like to get 14 columns on there but am running out of room on the right. Also, I have placed a cross-tab on my report that prints on multiple pages instead of just one. Of course, since the cross-tab has 83 rows of data, my guess is that there is nothing that I can do about this either. Is there? ...

How do I convert cab file to open an Family Budget Excel Template?
The file dowloads as a .cab file. When I try and open it, it's not in a recognized format. How can I download the correct format. Hardly an excel question From where do you download an excel template as a cab file? Try winzip, I believe they have an option to open some cab files Regards, Peo Sjoblom "sweetner32" wrote: > The file dowloads as a .cab file. When I try and open it, it's not in a > recognized > format. How can I download the correct format. ...

Using ajax call to fetch multiple results from multiple queries and showing them 1 by 1 as the results comes.
Hello, I've 20 labels in a 2x10 table on a page. for each label, data comes by individual queries. (total 20 queries for the page.) and it takes about 30-40 seconds for the page to load, and it's not comfortable for the user to see blank page. I want that each cell will show loading.gif images. As and when data comes from query, the images should go visible=false, and the label should display the values one by one. How do I do this task using ajax? Some ASP.NET code example will be helpful for me, as I'm a kind of beginner. Thanks ...

User Form
I am creating a user form. One of the fields is for the date of birth of the person being entered. The person being entered has to be between 14 and 16 on the date of entry. Is there a way to set up some type of validation so that if the person isn't between 14 and 16 an error message will pop up? If so, how? Thanks. There's a function called =datedif() that you can use. Select your cell (I used A1). Data|Validation Custom formula: =AND(DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"y")>13,DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"y")<17) First, take a look at Chip Pearson's notes at: http://ww...

Results show as a minus. WHY?
I have an application that was developed by another developer using VB.net which reside in a SQL table. I need to use some of the data from this table, however the data shows as -0.5 or - 0.99 or -1.70 etc in my Access tables. How can I get those numbers to show as a percentage with only one decimal point to the left? Example: 3.6% or 31.4 %. Any help would be greatly appreciated. No matter what I do it shows that dang "-" at the beginning. You can use the Abs function to strip off the negative Abs([YourTable].[YourField]) And you can format that as percentage either using th...

Linking Sharepoint data to Visio
Hello, I am looking into the Database possibilities of Visio Professional 2007. I managed to connect Sharepoint to Visio, but only in one way. So Sharepoint is leading and Visio follows. Is there a way to make the connection two ways, so that is Visio is changed, Shairepoint will follow ? Thanks, Arnold I'm going to assume that you have linked data to sharepoint via datarecordsets. Data recordsets can roundtrip information but it has to be done with custom code. Data recordsets can be read/updated in the document using xml. The export then has to be coded based upon the target yo...

show comments when cell is highlighted Vs when cursor runs over? #2
How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? You can press Shift/F2, or Insert/Edit Comment. If you wanted to see it "automatically", when you select the cell, you'd need a macro, but I don't think this is what you're asking. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Don" wrote: > How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to > when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? To at least Excel 2000, if you have the Tools, Options, Comment Indicator Only you will see the co...

I need to type numbers into an excel spreadsheet some of them begin with a zero some do not. How can I have excel show the 0 in the numbers that begin with 0. If I type 0236547 the number shows as 236547. I don't want all the numbers I type to begin with zero. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks very much for your help. Best regards, Dee use a custom format with how ever many digits you need, 000000 -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA60FC8A-C7CB-432A-B2B2-EEEBF86D2646@microsoft.com... >...

OB10 invoice files
Is anyone using OB10 to send invoices to customers? They need a "structured data file" for the invoice files we send and they say what we are sending changes each time ( the structure) using the standard GP print to file - whether it be - tab delimited, comma delimited or text file . Any help will be appreciated PB Saving the standard GP Invoice report will not do what you want. Although I have never done it, I suppose it might be possible to achieve what you want be modifying the standard report. However, I'd much rather create an XML file by some other means - there...

Comments not showing
When a SharePoint workflow is edited and a comment is added. The comment does not display in the workflow status screen under workflow history. It shows as follows: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Instead of: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Please update to the new company logo. This happens for all standard SharePoint workflows (Approval, Collect Feedback). Any custom workflows does show the comment. The comment field is update in the task item. It just does not show. There is no error in t...

Report Server shows 'Service Unavailable'
Hi, before install, the SRS setup, send me a warning, some like "the Windows Sharepoint Services are install and not permit initialize a Reportserver component" i skip wiht the installation, so.. I can't run http://<localhost>/Reports and http://<localhost>ReportServer show a message "Service Unavailabe", but the ReportServer service is running How initialize that or what do i do? ------=_NextPart_0001_09E699C9 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > before install, the SRS set...

Show more time in weekly view?
Outlook 2007 On default the weekly view is only showing until 4 PM without scrolling down. I know there is a way to let you see into the evening hours also without scrolling. Help please. Thanks... Bob ...

in Outlook2007 inbox and calander opens simultaneously
Dear Friends, When i open Outlook 2007 Client first it opens inbox and also seperate window for calander simultaneously. One more issue is that subject line comes in message box nits <nits@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When i open Outlook 2007 Client first it opens inbox and also seperate > window for calander simultaneously. Close the Calendar window first and then when you close the Inbox window, use File>Exit. Outlook should remember you had only one window open when you close and reopen only that window. > One more issue is that subject line comes in mes...