Shift held too long key blocker on can't get it off - help!

Can anyone help?

0
plumber1 (1)

Hi!

I had this happen to me a while back. I can't remember what I had to do to
fix it, though. This is an operating system setting. Maybe post in a Windows
group. I did a quick search of Windows help and of course it was NO help!

Biff

"plumber1" <plumber1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone help?

0
biffinpitt (3171)
12/13/2005 10:42:16 PM
Maybe it was:
windows start button|Control Panel|Accessibility Options|Keyboard tab

Something to do with StickyKeys????

(But I don't know what key blocker is.)

--

Dave Peterson
0

Biff

> Maybe it was:
> windows start button|Control Panel|Accessibility Options|Keyboard tab
>
> Something to do with StickyKeys????
>
> (But I don't know what key blocker is.)
>

> Biff wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I had this happen to me a while back. I can't remember what I had to do
>> fix it, though. This is an operating system setting. Maybe post in a
>> Windows
>> group. I did a quick search of Windows help and of course it was NO help!
>>
>> Biff
>>
>> "plumber1" <plumber1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Can anyone help?
>> >

> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
biffinpitt (3171)
12/14/2005 12:10:36 AM
The only thing I've used on that accessibility options is the Toggle keys (on
the same keyboard tab).

It's one of the first things I fix, er, change when working on other people's
pcs.  I hit the caps lock by error enough to really depend on that beep.

--

Dave Peterson
0

shift
This is my problem, let say that I got 3 shifts Colomn A fill with Employer ID_No Colomn B fill with Date Colomn C fill with Shift Colomn D fill with In_Time Colomn E fill with Out_Time Colomn F fill with Absen or Present Colomn G fill with Overtime Shit I 08:00 AM to 04:00 PM ; normal work hour, next hour will be overtime Shit II 04:00 PM to 12:00/00.00 AM ; normal work hour, next hour will be overtime Shit III 00:00 AM to 08:00 AM ; normal work hour, next hour will be overtime I need the formula to calculate hour in COlomn F & G thank for any help ...

personalfolder.pst get lost after closingdown outlook
Hello, When I quit Outlook, the personalfolder is gone if I start Outlook again. !!!!! Ant tips ?? ...

Supposed to have two product keys?
Hi all, I've been happily using my copy of Windows 7 (boxed retail) for a while now. I decided to reinstall I thought I'd make the jump to 64bit using the copy that came in the box. However, when it came to typing in the product key, it said that the key was invalid! I tripple checked it but to no avail. I ended up installing the 32bit again. My question is, should the same product key work with both DVDs? Or should I have a 2nd license key which I never got? Many Thanks, Dave Thanks for the quick reply. My understanding is that at retail you simply buy &qu...

Mails doesn't get received into INBOX
Hi, A user has several smtp address for his mailbox (6-8).when we send mail to primary address the user doesnot receive the mail, but when we send mail to his other SMTP addresses the user receives the mail. Any troubleshooting tips ??? Thanks in advance. Alex - What happens to the messages sent to the primary address? - Check SMTP log and Message Tracking to figure out. - Does the sender get a NDR? - Try sending a message (to the user's primary address) by telnetting to server's SMTP port - does it accept the message? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog ...

Function Keys
Hi, Is there are any way to connect some operations with function keys on keyboard. Ivica not without making very drastic changes to the underlying crm code which is unsupported. "Ivica Zub�i�" <ivica.zubcic@msan.hr> wrote in message news:u9DH35cAEHA.3804@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is there are any way to connect some operations with function keys on > keyboard. > > Ivica > > ...

Weird shifting
I have two odd things happening in my document that I don't *think* are related, but who knows...? I'm using Word 2007 and I have a template that I created specifically for this document. It is a very convoluted template based on obsolete military style guides that I have no say in. I have 7 heading levels and each heading level has numbered procedural steps. Each heading level indents one step from the next higher heading, so by the time I get to the highest heading level my left indent is about 3". Crazy, but like I said, I have no say in the format. Anyhoo... w...

hiding columns, error message says cannot shift objects off sheet
Hiding columns on a spreadsheet ( which we do frequently). Error message says: 'cannot shift objects off spreadsheet'. WHat does this mean and how do I work around it? Thanks! hi, excel thinks that there is data in column IV. excel by default cannot shift data off the sheet ie beyound column IV or below row 65536. solution. highlight all the column to the right of your data and hit the delete key. that should fix it. >-----Original Message----- >Hiding columns on a spreadsheet ( which we do frequently). Error message >says: 'cannot shift objects off spreadsheet&...

Shift Enter
HOW DO I FIX DOUBLE SPACING IN OUTLOOK 2007 WITHOUT THE NEED TO USE SHIFT & ENTER? -- vettenut http://forums.slipstick.com options are here: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/dblspace_html.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Do you sync your mailbox with...

cannot get mail
all of a sudden i can't get mail, 6 days now. i have read questions and answers. please help Account: 'mail', Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] invalid user/password', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 First, test your password by logging in to your provider's webmail: http://mail.yahoo.com . If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password. A likely reason for the username/password failing in Windows Mail is account corruption. One thing you...

How to prevent the focus shifting between edit boxes
How to prevent the focus shifting between edit boxes when the TAB key is pressed? Can it be done by overridding OnCommand? Chris You could handle PreTranslateMessage, check for WM_KEYDOWN, check if wParam is VK_TAB, check if the specific edit box you are targetting is in focus and if so, return TRUE without calling the base class implementation. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "Chris L" <ChrisL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A7382F13-602C-4B46-B5CC-3294D66E5F1E@microsoft.com... > How to prevent the focus shifting between edit boxes when the TAB key is...

Getting relaying error #5.7.1 for 2 recipients only
Hi, We have one Exchange 2000 server, service pack 3. I am a Domain Administrator in AD. No one else gets these "Undeliverable" messages (5.7.1), or if they do they've never reported it. I am getting the following "Undeliverable" message intermittently whenever I send to 2 addresses only. These 2 addresses belong to 2 guys who work together - so are on the same domain, but different to my domain (they work for a completely separate company). Here is the "Undeliverable" message: "Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. ...

Business Cards shifting
Using Win XP and P2003 I designed a business card using Page Setup and normal 3.5 x2, with 10 cards per page. However, regardless of the printer I use, the first two cards (left to right) print higher up the cardstock (above the perforation) than the others, with each card below shifting lower and lower on the stock until the bottom two cards print below the lowest perforation. How do I get the cards to print at the precise same point on every card? Thanks much. You are definitely experiencing printing issues. Maybe some maintenance? Your rollers may not be picking up correctly. Do y...

Try to move Exch db files, then store doesn't get mounted anymore
any idea on how to solve the problem below ? Exch2003 SP2. I've done these steps in several servers, but one particular server/system fails to get the Mailbox and Public Folder Stores mounted after moving the database files from one partition to the other. The steps: I stopped the Public Folder Store. I click the respective restore, "Properties", I go to "database" tab. There I inform location of where I want to move the database files to (E:\program files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata). I've got the message that files have been moved OK. Then I attempt to mount store, a...

Excel 2007 : cannot shift cells in a filtered range or table
I have a user who has a filtered list. When she selected a particular value to filter she is unable to delete a row. She can do it fine when she deselects the value in the filter and selects anything else or completly removes the filter. The error she gets is cannot shift cells in a filtered range or table ...

Getting to Outlook express from Outlook 97, for newsgroups
Hi, Ive got both Outlook 97 and Outlook2000 on different machines, along with Outlook express. Have made a shortcut button to get to news from Out2000, but don't know how to access News from within Out87. Is there a way. -- Gerry Mitas Ryemont Abbey, Leixlip, Co. Kildare Phone: 01 6104509 Fax:01 601 4716 Info@mitas.ie www.mitas.ie _______________ DISCLAIMER: This e-mail may contain proprietary information, and is covered by copyright. It may be legally privileged, and is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, co...

Shift Change
Hi, What is the best way to control cashier shifts. do we have to take a z report after every shift (twice a day) or is there a better way? Thanks, Sacha Z reports is how we do it. You could also have the cashier or shift manager do a blind close and then do all the Z outs at a later time. Marc "Sacha Favelevic" <sacha@chiacgocashregister.com> wrote in message news:ORHDr6PxJHA.5244@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > What is the best way to control cashier shifts. do we have to take a z > report after every shift (twice a day) or is there a better way? &...

Failed Workflows get Paused
It seems as if failed workflows go into the Paused state and it doesnt appear that you can set for how long. Does anyone know of a way to Fail them by default? It seems as if this adds Administration especially if there are lots of WF's. Im also thinking what load this puts on processing... There isn't away way to fail paused workflows by default. So yes, this can add to Admin. But I wouldn't be too concerned about the load on processing. First, when a user saves a (lead, for example) that has workflow attached, the save is not waiting for the workflow to run. Workflow...

sound shift
I'm using WMP version 11.0.5721.5268 under Windows XP version 2002 SP3. I just bought a TV ( Philips ) which is DLNA compatible. I managed to connect it to my local network and this is great. I can watch my movies, stored on my PC, on the television. Problem: the sound is not in sync with the images on the screen. The sound seems to be ahead of the video of about 1 second. This seems to happen whatever the file size, whatever the file format,... Do not know what to do. Can somebody help ? -- Roberto On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 00:45:01 -0800, *_Roberto_* <Roberto@discussions.micro...

This Site
By posting clearly written questions with lots of detail as to your problem? :-) As far as *seeing* replies - you might want to consider using a newsreader like Outlook Express or Forte Agent rather than the web interface to the newsgroups - it's a lot easier to do nearly everything there, including searching, which is always a good idea to do before you post, as well as mark messages to be watched, and filter based on replies to your posts. The Microsoft public news server is msnews.microsoft.com and you can subscribe to as many groups as you like. Teresa wrote: What I really mean...

script to get aged trial balance and historical aged trial balance
Does anyone have a script for aged trial balance and historical aged trial balance for receivables and payables? I have a script that does exactly what the Historical Aged Trial Balance Report do in Great Plains. If you need it then let me know and I will send that to you. My client wanted to have a consolidated Historical Trial Balance Report which is not possible in Great Plains so I designed these scripts in SQL server to produce the same data what is produced in GP. I use Crystal to represent the data and it matches 100% with GP. "Jack" wrote: > Does anyone have a sc...

After 2003 upgrade get error message at startup on Outlook
I upgraded to Office 2003 and now everytime i start Outlook i get an error message that shows a window named Microsoft LDAP Directory. There are fields to fill in that already have information in them. It doesn't matter what I select Outlook opens. But then apparently my directory for my contacts did not migrate over so I can't access any email addresses from the to: field. Please help! What to do? If you go to Tools > Email Account > "view or change existing directories or address books" > NEXT > you should see a reference to the LDAP address book, if yo...

LOST CD KEY NUMBER
help, i lost the original case the install cd came with for microsoft publisher. it requires the cd key number to install. what am i suppose to do now without the cd case or box the software came in? i thought of looking in the disk under different files to find a source for the number but came up empty. maybe i registered my program when i purchased it, but how do i track down the original registration info and get microsoft to give me an install cd key number so i can reinstall it on my new computer? any suggestions? fred How to Obtain a New Product Key for Office Program Setup htt...

Get sheet name in any workbook
Hello, I would like to get the name of the first sheet in any workbook that an user chooses. Is this possible? I've tried wb.sheets(1).name. Doesn't work. Please assist. Thanks Here is one way right out of VBA help file. For Each sh In Workbooks("BOOK1.XLS").Windows(1).SelectedSheets If sh.Name = "Sheet1" Then MsgBox "Sheet1 is selected" Exit For End If Next You can also try: ActiveSheet.Name "OffDev" <OffDev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD3B763A-B020-48BB-A6CA...

How do I get design view back?
In Access 2007 I have disabled design view and the navigation bar and everything else the options page allowed. I thought my database was finished. Now I have found one small flaw with my database and would quite like to change it, but i can't even get back to the options menu. Have you tried opening the db while holding shift? That should enable you to get to the navbar and options. Only works if you didn't use the bypass module. -- Maurice Ausum "Shawrie777" wrote: > In Access 2007 I have disabled design view and the navigation bar and > everything else the ...

Domainname to long
When I open outlook, it asks for a username, password and domainname. Username and password are no problem, but de domain field is to short. After 15 characters the input stops. My domainname is 17 characters. So how can i fitt my domainname in the inputfield. For your notice i dont or wan't to login on the domain when windows XP starts. thx Stefan@svdhulst.demon.nl wrote: > When I open outlook, it asks for a username, password and > domainname. Username and password are no problem, but de > domain field is to short. > > After 15 characters the input stops. My do...