Sheets not showing

Hi there,

I have an Excel file that comes from a client and I have to import into my
MS Access database. The spreadsheet shows 5 sheets on it with simples data
and only one picture on the 5th sheet, according to the menu, there is
nothing hidden.

These are my sheets:
- Legend
- Studio Usage
- Studio Usage Calc background
- Summary
- Price Assembly

When I open the file thru Access and try to read it, it says that there are
10 sheets on the file, the 5 above and 5 more:

- March chargeable services
- no charge services
- Sheet2
- Sheet3
- Sheet4

Thru Access I can read them, write on them, do what ever I want but not thru
Excel. The funny part is... if I try to create new sheets, the first one
comes as Sheet1 and the second as Sheet5 as the Excel knew they are there.

Is there a way to make them appear?
Or maybe delete them?
Is this a bug?

Thanks
Mauricio Silva

"Mauricio Silva" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I have an Excel file that comes from a client and I have to import into my
> MS Access database. The spreadsheet shows 5 sheets on it with simples data
> and only one picture on the 5th sheet, according to the menu, there is
> nothing hidden.
>
> These are my sheets:
> - Legend
> - Studio Usage
> - Studio Usage Calc background
> - Summary
> - Price Assembly
>
> When I open the file thru Access and try to read it, it says that there are
> 10 sheets on the file, the 5 above and 5 more:
>
> - March chargeable services
> - no charge services
> - Sheet2
> - Sheet3
> - Sheet4
>
> Thru Access I can read them, write on them, do what ever I want but not thru
> Excel. The funny part is... if I try to create new sheets, the first one
> comes as Sheet1 and the second as Sheet5 as the Excel knew they are there.
>
> Is there a way to make them appear?
> Or maybe delete them?
> Is this a bug?
>
> Thanks
> Mauricio Silva

Mauricio,

In Excel, if you go to Format/Sheet/Unhide, the missing sheets may show, and
you then have the option to unhide them.

0
cereh (1)

Macro Help
Hi All I have a workbook which contains >200 sheets. What I need to do is to insert a "cover" sheet and then create a macro pick up 5 cells from each worksheet (the cells don't alter) and copy and paste the values into the Cover Sheet going progressively down a column, with a different column for each cell. so i need the macro to go to Sheet1 get the cells paste into correct columns and then go to Sheet2 and repeat the process, until there are no more sheets left. Eg. i need b3, b4, c26, e26, h26 from each worksheet in the whole workbook to be summarised so column ...

accessing an excel sheet from multiple other workbooks.
I have an excel sheet calculating cost for various parts. There are many versions of this sheet (different one for each part number). I want all of these sheets to pull some common parameters from one master sheet. This way when these parameters need changed, it must only be done one time. Then all other sheets can be updated. The problem I'm having is that all these excel files while all in the same common folder, are also divided up in subfolders. Is there generic method I can use so they will find the file to import from regardless of whether the master file is in the same folder, a...

Forgotten Password to Unprotect Workbook/sheet
Is there a way to unprotect a workbook and/or worksheet in Excel 2002/2003 if the original password is forgotten??? Visit JE McGimpsey's site: http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html Brandon wrote: > > Is there a way to unprotect a workbook and/or worksheet in Excel 2002/2003 if > the original password is forgotten??? -- Dave Peterson See John McGimpsey's site for info and methods. http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html But you must promise us you are not doing this for nefarious reasons. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 16:07:03 -0800, &...

Copying sheets
I have a template that has some controls on it with associated code. It is necessary for my task to dynamically create worksheets based o this template. My problem is that the names of the controls chang when a sheet is copied and therefore when used Excel cannot find an code to execute and the control does not perform its function. I coul set up a workbook with, for example, 100 templates and delete 90 if th user only needs 10, but this seems really messy. Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Sorry, I hope nobody minds me bumping...

Excel 2007 Sheet Tabs
Hello, Please can you tell me how to display and hide the sheet tabs in excel 2007....knew how to do it in 2003 ... but cannot figure it out in 2007. Thanks Rob See my reply to your previous post in programming group. Regards, Shailesh Shah http://in.geocities.com/shahshaileshs/ (Free addins Excel Menu-2003 for Excel-2007) If You Can't Excel with Talent, Triumph with Effort. "Rob" <rob.lowein@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uOKdx3gyHHA.1188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Please can you tell me how to display and hide the sheet tabs in excel > ...

read messages show as unread
I have a number of users with Outlook 2000. One person only is opening messages and reading them. The next time he opens Outlook, they are all flagged as unread again? I have never seen this behaviour before. We rum Win 98SE on workstation and Novell 5.0 on server. Any information will be appreciated. Thanks Mike ...

table doesn't show when published
table doesn't show when it is published that's a pity. Frankly, don't have a clue what you are talking about. What is it you are doing, how did you do it, and what did you expect and how is this different from what you got? --rms www.rmschneider.com On 11/03/10 07:20, Timbe wrote: > table doesn't show when it is published Press F5 to refresh the view? Timbe wrote: > table doesn't show when it is published ...

How do i link Excel to Powerpoint slide show & see graph on wk she
I establish a link that shows on the screen but I want to be able to print the one slide from powerpoint on Excel spreadsheet. ...

Showing a specific value against a normal curve
I'm wondering if it's possible to show a specific data point against a normal curve. I would like to be able to show where, for example, a particular test score would fall on the curve of all test scores. Suggestions please? Draw a normal curve, then add a 2nd series that represents the z-value for the test score of interest. To draw a normal curve: Normal curve http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/normal_distribution/ To add a vertical line, adapt the ideas for drawing a horizontal line Adding a horizontal line to a chart http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_...

how to make grand total to show up on pivotchart?
Hello, I have created a pivot table, overall it look like this: ------------------------------------------- Location Code | (Multiple Items) | -------------------------------------- ----- Sum of Sales Quantity | Category Name | -------------------------------------------- Year | Month | ACER | TOSHIBA | Grand Total | ----------------------------------------------------------------- 2009 | January | 10 | 5 | 15 | | February | 11 | 40 | ...

How do I stop the send/receive progress dialog box showing?
Just upgraded to XP Media Edition with Office 2003. Getting a bit peeved at the send/receive notification dialog box popping up every 10 mins to show me that the task has completed. How do I stop it popping up every time, never did in Office 2000! Wired wrote: || Just upgraded to XP Media Edition with Office 2003. Getting a bit || peeved at the send/receive notification dialog box popping up every || 10 mins to show me that the task has completed. How do I stop it || popping up every time, never did in Office 2000! Check the box that says "Don't show this dialog box during Se...

One Chart, Same Data ranges, different source sheets
Hi All! I have a sheet with numerous charts. The charts are standard, much like a dashboard. The charts are fed from one sheet which is a rollup of summary data from many other sheets. I need to create a similar summary sheet for each of the remaining regions, but only need one sheet with charts. Is there a way to make the SHEET reference for the charts dynamic - say, populated by the user selecting an entry from a drop menu? The desired behavior is as follows: The Chart Sheet show 10 charts reflecting various data for Region A. I want to be able to change all the char...

How do I draw chemical structures in Excel spreed sheet?
I would like to draw chemical stuctures in excel spreed sheet, can not find any information on how to do this, is there a way? Dear James, Your idea is hoplessly out of date. There is a best free utility at http://www.acdlabs.com/download/chemsketch/. You would learn to use an advance method that provides an impeccable result, and at the same time you can export the picture (generally in as many as 15 formats - select .bmp) even to a worksheet of Excel. Regards -- Petr Bezucha "James" wrote: > I would like to draw chemical stuctures in excel spreed sheet, can not find &...

sumproduct of multiple sheets
Hi, I am using the below sumproduct formula =sumproduct((sheet1!A1:A50000="Mark")*(sheet1!A1:A50000="Automatic")) I have to make the formula for almost 20-25 sheets. so i have to put the formula in 25 cells to know the result of 25 sheets. Is there any sumproduct formaula to take the data from all sheet at one go and give me the result in one cell regards, rkp You are better off Grouping your 25 Worksheets and entering the SUMPRODUCT Function once with NO sheet references, then use =SUM(Sheet1:sheet25!A1) to get you grand total. Where A1 on each of ...

Enabled field shows grayed when editing
I've created a data entry form that becomes enabled when a check-box is checked. It works fine when I'm in entry, but it shows up as grayed when I go back to edit the record. How do I keep the field enabled when I'm in both entry and edit mode? I'm sure it's something simple but can't find it. Thanks in advance! -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200708/1 JB_VB wrote: >I've created a data entry form that becomes enabled when a check-box is >checked. It works fine when I'm in entry, but it sh...

Need to stay on first sheet
I have an inventory database. I have two tables. One for people, TblPeople. One for invoices, TblInvoice. TblInvoice has invoice as a primary key (autonumber) I have a query that will create a new invoice number whenever I input a new customer number. Great. My problem. On the form, whenever I create a new number, it creates a new blank sheet (2 of 2). How do set it to not create a second blank sheet and stay on the first sheet with my new number (1 of 1)? EB On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 19:27:44 +0100, "e b" <me@yahoo.com> wrote: >I have an inventory database. I have...

how can I compare spread sheets? #3
:confused: :confused -- wm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- wmw's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1612 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27565 ...

Why does the jpg in the header not show up on other computers?
I am using Excel 2002 SP3. When I place a jpg into the header and email the document to a customer, they cannot see the jpg when they use print preview. Is this because they could be using an older version of Excel? xl2002 was the first version to allow pictures in the headers/footers. So an earlier version would be a problem. suddnlyme wrote: > > I am using Excel 2002 SP3. > > When I place a jpg into the header and email the document to a customer, > they cannot see the jpg when they use print preview. Is this because they > could be using an older version of Ex...

Would like to show a Blank cell on a #value! error
I am entering a date in one cell, then in another cell I am using =sum(a1-7) to sub 7 days from the date entered in cell A1. The problem is that if a date has not yet been entered in A1, then the formula cell displays #value I would like to hide this error or just show a blank cell. Rick, =IF(A1<>"",A1-7,""). Also note that in your original formula the SUM was not necessary -- A1-7 is all you needed so far as the arithmetic was concerned. -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" www.ddmcomputing.com "Rick" <anonymous@discussions...

blank data field shows quote in formula, how to delete it?
In a data file I just received, many blank fields show a single-quotation mark in the formula. The <<if>> statement does not recognize these fields as blank. I have tried to 'find and replace' the marks using a search for <<'>> and also for <<~'>> both without success. How can I fix these fields, in bulk, so they behave like blanks? try =if(or(a1="",a1=" "),1,2) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "wdanner" <wdanner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4084C819-F2FF-4E8...

Retrieve the same cell ref from multiple sheets?
Hello I would have thought this to be easy but it has be stumped! I have a workbook with 100 sheets (names sheet1 through 100) and I need to retrieve the value (either text or number) from cell B2 in each sheet into a new workbook. I have tried copy / pasting the formula but it always refers to Sheet1, I cannot seem to make the Sheet number increase? I hope this makes sense and someone can help? Cheers, Carl. In the workbook with the sheets, group all the sheets (holding shift key down, click on tab for sheet 1 and then click on tab for sheet 100) In new workbook enter =sum( then...

Forms not showing vertical scroll bars
Hi all, I can't see what's causing this. I have a subform which is fine when I open it up on its own (datasheet view) - both scroll bars are showing. When I put it on a main form and open up the main form with the sub form embedded, the vertical scroll bar won't display in the subform. Anyone come across this and know the reason? Cheers Paul Hi Paul, I am assuming you have the subform set up as a datasheet view correct? If so, depending on how far you have the form stretched (opened) in the main form you won't see the vertical scroll bar until you place enough r...

For Follow Up folder emails not showing
Hi - for whatever reason, my 'For Follow-up' folder is showing the numeric number of emails I've flagged to follow-up. However, when I click on the folder, no emails are shown. Has anyone encounted this problem before? Please help. What view do you have set on the folder? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Daniel W asked: | Hi - for what...