Sheets in a workbook

Is there an easy way to have input information to a main sheet and if the
criteria is meet it would auto fill into another sheet. I have nine columns
with different information. If one of the columns meets the criteria the
whole row goes to another sheet. Like the name Bailey is in a certain row in
that column that whole row would fill in on another sheet.How would I do this?

Thanks in Advance
0
Penny (33)

Penny
    I assume that the destination sheet is not always the same but is
dependent on the name in that certain column.  So you have multiple
destination sheets.  I further assume that you want the data put into that
sheet somewhere like maybe the first empty row.  Is all the above correct?
    If so, you would need VBA (macros) to do that for you.  I can write that
for you but I would need more information.  For instance,  what do you want
to use as the trigger to execute that macro to move that one row?  Maybe
when you enter something in the 9th column?  Maybe when you click on a
button?  Does the main sheet have only one row in which you enter data, then
you want that one row automatically moved to one of the destination sheets?
Or does the main sheet have many rows of data?  Do you want that one row
moved or copied?   Are the destination sheets named the names that are in
that one column?  If not, can you provide a list of all the names and their
corresponding sheet names?  If the main sheet has multiple rows of data, do
you want to move/copy all the rows?  If not, what criteria can you provide
to select which rows to move/copy?
    A lot of questions, I know.  If you wish, send me a small file with a
sample of what you have and answers to all the above and I'll write up
something for you.  If your data is proprietary just make up something.
Send me the file direct, not to the newsgroup.  Attachments are frowned upon
in peer-to-peer newsgroups such as these.  My email is
ottomoCobia97@bellsouth.net.  Remove the "Cobia97" from this address.  HTH
Otto
"Penny" <Penny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there an easy way to have input information to a main sheet and if the
> criteria is meet it would auto fill into another sheet. I have nine
> columns
> with different information. If one of the columns meets the criteria the
> whole row goes to another sheet. Like the name Bailey is in a certain row
> in
> that column that whole row would fill in on another sheet.How would I do
> this?
>
> Thanks in Advance

Penny

See Ron de Bruin's site for moving/copying rows to next available empty rows
on another sheet.

Involves VBA.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy1.htm

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 08:19:09 -0800, "Penny" <Penny@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Is there an easy way to have input information to a main sheet and if the
>criteria is meet it would auto fill into another sheet. I have nine columns
>with different information. If one of the columns meets the criteria the
>whole row goes to another sheet. Like the name Bailey is in a certain row in
>that column that whole row would fill in on another sheet.How would I do this?
>
>Thanks in Advance

0
Gord

How can I share information between multiple sheets in Excel?
New question: I know now how to use "=sheet1!a1" to copy cells from sheet 1 to sheet 2,3 etc. Is there is a formula that will allow me to enter data into sheet 2, and have it copy automatically into sheet 1 and 3, or into sheet 3 going to sheet 1 and 2? So that I can enter the data into any sheet and have it transfer to all sheets, rather than always from sheet 1 to sheets 2 and 3. Nothing built into excel (except for the formula you showed). But I'd be very hesitant to separate my data. I'd do my best to keep all the data on one worksheet. You can use Data|Fi...

Call from a different sheet?
I'm wondering if it's possible in Excel to call data from a different sheet. For example if I changed A1 in sheet 2 it'd affect forumlas in sheet 1. -- HisHighness ------------------------------------------------------------------------ HisHighness's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31454 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=511552 You can link to another worksheet with a formula like ='Sheet1'!A1 -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson...

Transfer the total of mutiple entries in a sheet to another sheet in the same file #2
How to transfer the total of multiple of multiple entries in a sheet to another shet in the same file. Please help me in this formula ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** ...

Importing unopened worksheet into an open Workbook
If an unopened Excel Workbook only contains a single worksheet, is it possible to import the data from that worksheet into another Workbook that is open, without having to open the other file? You can write formulas in the open workbook that refer to the cells in the 2nd workbook, regardless of the number of worksheets it contains. This creates a "link" from workbook #1 to #2. If #2 isn't open when you open #1, you'll be asked whether to update the information from #2. This will happen without you seeing #2 appear on the screen. On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 15:33:03 -0800, "...

HOW DO I CHANGE THE ORDER OF THE SHEETS IN EXCEL WORKBOOK?
my sheets are not in the order I want them. How do I change the order. The data is already in the sheets. Click on the tab and drag it to where you want to. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�------------------------------�---------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ------------------------------�------------------------------�---------------- "joanbaer" <joanbaer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F45...

Max number sheets in a file?
How many sheets can an excel 2002 file have if each sheet has only abou a page of text? I'm just looking for a general idea, if it's lots an lots and I don't need to worry about it that's a good enough answer fo m -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com The number will be limited by the memory in your computer. Certainly hundreds of sheets is well within most machine's capacity. In article <bishopwill.154u1g@excelforum-nospam.com>, bishopwill <<bishopwill.154u1g@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > How many sheets can an excel 2002 file hav...

Sheet to sheet copying
Hi, I have two spreadsheets. One called nursing and the other medical. I want to be able to copy certain cells from one sheet to other and visa verca without the need to copy & paste. So I want a cell in nursing to search a column for specific text in the medical sheet, then I want the contents of cells in the row where the text is found to be copied to cells in the nursing sheet. Example: The cells B3-G3 in the nursing sheet to search Column A in the medical sheet for specific text e.g. "G1". When "G1" is found in cell A5 then the contents of cells B5-G5 in t...

Check Register to Mortgage Sheet
Hi; I am using MS Money 2007. If I write a check in my register to my mortgage company, how do I get that transaction to update my mortgage account register? Do I have to type it in twice (Once to my check register and once to my mortgage register)? I would like to set some stuff up where items in my check register automatically cary to other account items. Thanks for any advice on this. Pat From the Check Register make it a transfer to your Mortgage Account. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mn...

Open a Workbook
Hello, I need to create a VBA macro to will allow to select and open a workbook to activate it. The name of the workbook will change. The name cannot be fixed. Thanks, Jeff Something like this will work...displays Excel's open dialog, stores the file selected and opens the workbook Sub OpenWorkbok() Dim fName As String fName = Application.GetOpenFilename() Workbooks.Open Filename:=fName End Sub -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A0A...

list sheet comments
Hi, I have a sheet with a lot of comments. I would like to create a macro that lists all the comments of the sheet in column F. I=B4ve tried something similar like this: For Each cmt in ActiveSheet.Comments MsgBox cmt.Text Next cmt But I don=B4t know how to list each comment in each cell of column F instead of a msgbox. thanks Dim StartCell as Range dim Cmt as comment with activesheet set startcell = .range("F1") for each cmt in .comments startcell.value = cmt.txt 'come down to the next cell set startcell = startcell.offset(1,0) n...

WorkBook Custom Properties
Is it possible to check a workbook's properties without opening it? If so, can a workbook's custom properties also be checked? Any code doing this would be appreciated. PWS Hi, VB doesn't directly support doing that but Chip Pearson has a method on his site http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/docprop.aspx -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Paul W Smith" wrote: > Is it possible to check a workbook's p...

blank out rest of work sheet
I was wondering how to blank out the empy cells in my worksheet. For example: I have data in columns A-F down about 50 rows. I do not want to see any rows past that. When I am saving the data as a text file, I am getting extra rows in my file for some reason and I want to see if this would prevent this from happening. Thanks... --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.769 / Virus Database: 516 - Release Date: 9/24/2004 Hi Shawn, See the explanation and remedial notes on Debra Dalgleish's web site: ...

How to populate one sheet with data from another sheet
I have 2 sheets in the excel file. On the first sheet the first colum is a part num only. The second sheet has part num on the first column and descriptions on the second column. I need a macro or script that will scan the second sheet for part num that matches the first sheet part num and populate the description(at the second column) on the first excel sheet. -- KH One way .. Assuming the reference data is in Sheet2, cols A and B col A = part#, col B = description In Sheet1 ----------- With col A containing part# in A2 down, Put in B2: =IF(ISNA(MATCH(A2,Sheet2!A:A,0)),"&quo...

No Bound Sheets Found Error Dialog Box-Excel 2000
Hello all. I have a 8.5MB spreadsheet that is the summary of weekly timesheets that are Excel files. I have attempted various strategies to reduce the size of the files. This sheet is all references to other worksheets. Up until two days ago, when opening the file and it asks, this contains references to other files...do you want Excel to update the cell refences, y or N. I always hit okay and it does it's stuff. Now however, when the box comes up when opening the file, I hit okay and it returns a "No Bound Sheets" error dialog box. All I can do is hit okay and a...

Changing from sheet to sheet
Hi there! Is there a function that would enable me to navigate from sheet to sheet in an Excel document (instead of using the mouse and click on the sheet I want to work with)? Many thanks! Hi Ctrl PgUp and Ctrl PgDwn is one way. Insert > Hyperlink (and after that clicking it) is another. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Greywolf" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:5bfc01c42d6b$c2a26630$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi there! > > Is there a function that would enable me to navigate from > sheet to sheet in an Excel document (instead of using the &...

vlookup using text to refer to other workbooks
ok i'll try and explain as clearly as possible in column b week commencing dates, eg 05/10/03, 12/10/03 in column c are id's that are drawn from a cell that the user enters. so i need to lookup the id and return the x column in a workbook that is named with the week commencing eg C:\data\20031005.xls is it possible using text and concatenate functions, or vb, to use vlookup to look in the correct workbook dependent on the date in column b. I hope i've explained clearly. I've been working on this for some time, and hopefully the knowledge in this group could provide a solution. ...

Delete values in sheet 2 that arre found in sheet 1
Is there an easy way to delete values in sheet 2 that match the value from sheet 1. I have approximately 10000 rows in sheet 1 and some identical rows on sheet 2 that need to be eliminated? I not sure if this has to be done pragmatically or if there is some feature in excel 2007 that can handle this type of request. thanks Nick If it is the values in a single column on each sheet that make up the duplication, it's fairly easy. Lets say you want to compare the contents of column A on each sheet to find duplicates on Sheet2 (that are also on Sheet1). Your data starts o...

Function to Copy all sheets into one sheet
Is there a way to copy multiple sheets at once to create one worksheet, rather than one at a time? You could use a for/each loop for each ws in worksheets depends on what and where you want to copy next -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Des" <cusaty@express-scripts.com> wrote in message news:013801c3b43a$5cb403b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to copy multiple sheets at once to create > one worksheet, rather than one at a time? ...

Linking sheets
I am trying to hyperlink a cell in one single sheet spreadsheet to a specific sheet in another multisheet book. I don't need to get to any specific cell in the second spreadsheet, just the specific sheet. Thx, Chris In Excel 2003 or earlier. Insert>Hyperlink>Existing file or webpage. Browse to the target workbook then hit "Bookmark" and pick a sheet and a cell. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 22 May 2008 19:14:38 -0700 (PDT), spacia <chris_butler@thegrid.net> wrote: >I am trying to hyperlink a cell in one single sheet spreadsheet to a >specific sheet in...

Saving Excel Sheet
I have a series of worksheets that I use to generate a quotation. I would like to use these worksheets like a template but when saved I only want to save the results in a separate file is this possible? If you look up Template in Help there is quite a good explanation of how to create and use a template. -- Regards, OssieMac "dragons_lair" wrote: > I have a series of worksheets that I use to generate a quotation. I would > like to use these worksheets like a template but when saved I only want to > save the results in a separate file is this possible? ...

move to other sheet
I would like to move certain rows from one sheet to another. For example: If there are in column A cells containing "DC BMW" move the row that goes with it to sheet named DC BMW. Fen Dag fen Start here if you want to do it with VBA code http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm Groeten Ron -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "fen" <f.klompsma@upcmail.nl> wrote in message news:59225$4bb37f3b$d55d9af3$26184@news.chello.nl... > I would like to move certain rows from one sheet to another. > For example: If there a...

Custom Views in Shared workbook
Does anyone know if it is possible to copy a custom view in a Shared Workbook from one spreadsheet to another? Or, is it possible to see what settings are held within a Custom View (other than selecting the custom view itself?)? Finally, it is possible to create macros/vba scripts that refernce custom views? Basically, I am looking at a spreadsheet that runs various macros. There were a number of custom views defined within the spreadsheet, that must have been created manually. These views have been deleted, and part of the macro functionality is no longer working. Hi Jo- I'm no...

How to Reduce Memory requirement of large Excel workbooks ?
I'm working with large Excel spreadsheets and running into problem with the size of it. Currently it is around 45 MB and getting unstable. Is there anything I can do to reduce the memory requirements in Excel ? I'm having around 3000 rows and 300 columns of data split on a few input sheets. Then, there are lots of analysing sheets with calculations like divisions, multiplications and lookupfunctions and if-statements and plots. Should I avoid formatting, does the data organising impact the memory (formulas link between sheets etc.), is multiplication less demaning than division, w...

Re: Unprotecting Sheets
Is it possible to unprotect all sheets in a workbook at the same time? Zee, You could use VBA to cycle through all the sheets that are protected and unprotect them that way. Don't think it is possible without code. -- http://www.ExcelHelp.us ed@ExcelHelp.us 888-MY-ETHER ext. 01781474 "Zee" wrote: > Is it possible to unprotect all sheets in a workbook at the same time? Unfortunately I am not very familiar with VBA and therefore am not sure what to enter into the editor to accomplish this. "galimi" wrote: > Zee, > > You could use VBA to cycle thr...

how do I create a spread sheet to automatically calculate when I
On a new spread sheet I am entering numbers and I would like them to be multiplied and changed automatically. The formula is x*3 then less 40%. Can anyone help me. One way: If you are entering your numbers in column A, say, then in column B enter: B1: =(A1*3)*(1-40%) or, better, B1: =A1*3*60% copy B1 down as far as necessary. In article <678FA28E-14A7-40E5-B0DF-54D574F9F7E3@microsoft.com>, wbinfo <wbinfo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > On a new spread sheet I am entering numbers and I would like them to be > multiplied and changed automatically. The f...