sheet tabs is checked but I can't see my tabs

I'm using a workbook with several pages.  Yesterday I had no problems seeing
my tabs but today, the only thing at the bottom of the page is a bar that
says "Ready" in the far left corner.  I do not see my tabs and do not know
how to move between the pages.   Can anyone help me?

I'd try:

Window|Arrange|Tiled
and resize them the way I like.

I'm guessing that the tabs are just off the screen.

--

Dave Peterson
0

"3091Director" wrote:

> I'm using a workbook with several pages.  Yesterday I had no problems seeing
> my tabs but today, the only thing at the bottom of the page is a bar that
> says "Ready" in the far left corner.  I do not see my tabs and do not know
> how to move between the pages.   Can anyone help me?

Check for valid file name before saving
My form copies a file from one locatin, prompts the user to create a new name for the file, then saves the file to another location. is there an easy way to ensure the user has entered a valid file name (e.g. did not use '/' or "^" or anything like that) so the save does not fail? OR, would it be easier to some how set up error handling so that if the save fails for that reason, i can prompt the user to try again. How would i do either of these things? Thanks, You must use error handling for this kind of operation, as there are just too many things that could go wrong....

How can I share information between multiple sheets in Excel?
New question: I know now how to use "=sheet1!a1" to copy cells from sheet 1 to sheet 2,3 etc. Is there is a formula that will allow me to enter data into sheet 2, and have it copy automatically into sheet 1 and 3, or into sheet 3 going to sheet 1 and 2? So that I can enter the data into any sheet and have it transfer to all sheets, rather than always from sheet 1 to sheets 2 and 3. Nothing built into excel (except for the formula you showed). But I'd be very hesitant to separate my data. I'd do my best to keep all the data on one worksheet. You can use Data|Fi...

Transfer from Checking into Savings account...
OK all, Now I'm really confused. I'm using M05 Deluxe and I set up an ING Direct savings account. I transfered $20.00 into the ING account from checking but when I look at the ING savings account register, it shows a poitive Decrease of 20.00 and a balance of (20.00). As if I owe 20.00 to ING. However, when I click on the Home tab, it shows that ING has a positive amount of $20.00. What gives? Am I doing something wrong or is this how it's supposed to be? Thanks, Steve Essential Register and/or downloaded transaction data? What type of Money Account is the ING Savings ...

Call from a different sheet?
I'm wondering if it's possible in Excel to call data from a different sheet. For example if I changed A1 in sheet 2 it'd affect forumlas in sheet 1. -- HisHighness ------------------------------------------------------------------------ HisHighness's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31454 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=511552 You can link to another worksheet with a formula like ='Sheet1'!A1 -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson...

Transfer the total of mutiple entries in a sheet to another sheet in the same file #2
How to transfer the total of multiple of multiple entries in a sheet to another shet in the same file. Please help me in this formula ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** ...

HOW DO I CHANGE THE ORDER OF THE SHEETS IN EXCEL WORKBOOK?
my sheets are not in the order I want them. How do I change the order. The data is already in the sheets. Click on the tab and drag it to where you want to. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�------------------------------�---------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ------------------------------�------------------------------�---------------- "joanbaer" <joanbaer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F45...

Workflow Check Condition Question
I need help understanding how to utilize the workflow check conditions, particularly the "In" value. I was assuming that the "In" value was a way to check a field against a list of possible conditions: i.e. State/Province is In (VA, FL, TX, etc.). Is this correct? If so, I need guidance on the proper way to format the condition, as it is currently not working (i.e. "VA", "FL", "TX", or VA; FL; TX). If this is not a correct way to utilize the In value, how might I check a field against multiple values without creating 50 otherwise ch...

Check out internet update from the MS
--waeaszldxjicfyswn Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="dmathlqjv"; type="multipart/alternative" --dmathlqjv Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="htcysyiof" --htcysyiof Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help maintain the security of your computer from these vulner...

Max number sheets in a file?
How many sheets can an excel 2002 file have if each sheet has only abou a page of text? I'm just looking for a general idea, if it's lots an lots and I don't need to worry about it that's a good enough answer fo m -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com The number will be limited by the memory in your computer. Certainly hundreds of sheets is well within most machine's capacity. In article <bishopwill.154u1g@excelforum-nospam.com>, bishopwill <<bishopwill.154u1g@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > How many sheets can an excel 2002 file hav...

Sheet to sheet copying
Hi, I have two spreadsheets. One called nursing and the other medical. I want to be able to copy certain cells from one sheet to other and visa verca without the need to copy & paste. So I want a cell in nursing to search a column for specific text in the medical sheet, then I want the contents of cells in the row where the text is found to be copied to cells in the nursing sheet. Example: The cells B3-G3 in the nursing sheet to search Column A in the medical sheet for specific text e.g. "G1". When "G1" is found in cell A5 then the contents of cells B5-G5 in t...

Check Register to Mortgage Sheet
Hi; I am using MS Money 2007. If I write a check in my register to my mortgage company, how do I get that transaction to update my mortgage account register? Do I have to type it in twice (Once to my check register and once to my mortgage register)? I would like to set some stuff up where items in my check register automatically cary to other account items. Thanks for any advice on this. Pat From the Check Register make it a transfer to your Mortgage Account. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mn...

list sheet comments
Hi, I have a sheet with a lot of comments. I would like to create a macro that lists all the comments of the sheet in column F. I=B4ve tried something similar like this: For Each cmt in ActiveSheet.Comments MsgBox cmt.Text Next cmt But I don=B4t know how to list each comment in each cell of column F instead of a msgbox. thanks Dim StartCell as Range dim Cmt as comment with activesheet set startcell = .range("F1") for each cmt in .comments startcell.value = cmt.txt 'come down to the next cell set startcell = startcell.offset(1,0) n...

debug sql, Watch, Command Window, see cotent
Hi, I know how to get into debug mode, place break point etc in a stroed proc in SQL Server Management Studio. But after it hits a break print, what actions I can take to peek the data? e.g. I try to see a temp table has just been populated? I can not put "select top 1 col1 from #tempTable1" in watch list. It says it could not be evalulated I can not execute it in Command window. How can I look at data? How can I execute addintion sql statements? What command supported in "Command Window"? Thanks, The easiest way is put a SELECT statement in you...

blank out rest of work sheet
I was wondering how to blank out the empy cells in my worksheet. For example: I have data in columns A-F down about 50 rows. I do not want to see any rows past that. When I am saving the data as a text file, I am getting extra rows in my file for some reason and I want to see if this would prevent this from happening. Thanks... --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.769 / Virus Database: 516 - Release Date: 9/24/2004 Hi Shawn, See the explanation and remedial notes on Debra Dalgleish's web site: ...

Colour code worksheet tabs
Is there anyway to colour code worksheet tabs within an excel workbook? Only with Excel 2002 and later versions. Right click sheet tab. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Al" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2745e01c462bc$45cec910$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there anyway to colour code worksheet tabs within an > excel workbook? Only Excel 2002 or later. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Al" <anonymous@discus...

How to populate one sheet with data from another sheet
I have 2 sheets in the excel file. On the first sheet the first colum is a part num only. The second sheet has part num on the first column and descriptions on the second column. I need a macro or script that will scan the second sheet for part num that matches the first sheet part num and populate the description(at the second column) on the first excel sheet. -- KH One way .. Assuming the reference data is in Sheet2, cols A and B col A = part#, col B = description In Sheet1 ----------- With col A containing part# in A2 down, Put in B2: =IF(ISNA(MATCH(A2,Sheet2!A:A,0)),"&quo...

No Bound Sheets Found Error Dialog Box-Excel 2000
Hello all. I have a 8.5MB spreadsheet that is the summary of weekly timesheets that are Excel files. I have attempted various strategies to reduce the size of the files. This sheet is all references to other worksheets. Up until two days ago, when opening the file and it asks, this contains references to other files...do you want Excel to update the cell refences, y or N. I always hit okay and it does it's stuff. Now however, when the box comes up when opening the file, I hit okay and it returns a "No Bound Sheets" error dialog box. All I can do is hit okay and a...

Changing from sheet to sheet
Hi there! Is there a function that would enable me to navigate from sheet to sheet in an Excel document (instead of using the mouse and click on the sheet I want to work with)? Many thanks! Hi Ctrl PgUp and Ctrl PgDwn is one way. Insert > Hyperlink (and after that clicking it) is another. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Greywolf" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:5bfc01c42d6b$c2a26630$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi there! > > Is there a function that would enable me to navigate from > sheet to sheet in an Excel document (instead of using the &...

Merged Cell Check
Hi, I currently have a series of merged cells which I want to be checked for population before allowing the user to the send the s/sheet off. I'm currently using : For Each Name In Range("mandatory_fields") If Name.Value = "" Then etc.... However, say for example i have a merged cell of h12:o12 called "mandatory_fields". The macro counts them as individual cells so even when populated, it can never be validated - wants cell I12 to be populated etc... This make sense to anyone? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from ht...

Delete values in sheet 2 that arre found in sheet 1
Is there an easy way to delete values in sheet 2 that match the value from sheet 1. I have approximately 10000 rows in sheet 1 and some identical rows on sheet 2 that need to be eliminated? I not sure if this has to be done pragmatically or if there is some feature in excel 2007 that can handle this type of request. thanks Nick If it is the values in a single column on each sheet that make up the duplication, it's fairly easy. Lets say you want to compare the contents of column A on each sheet to find duplicates on Sheet2 (that are also on Sheet1). Your data starts o...

Opening Excel Spreadsheet on a tab #4
Thats excellent thanks, exactly what I was looking for! Dav -- david.willi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- david.willis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1469 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26320 ...

I can see mailserverurl registry
Hi ... I found this article in this forum > How can I verify the Microsoft CRM Exchange Email Router installation was > successful and can be utilized in Microsoft CRM? > > Resolution > > IMPORTANT: This article contains information about the registry. If > modifying the registry, make sure to back it up and make sure that you > understand how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For information > about how to back up, restore, and edit the registry, see Microsoft > Knowledge Base Article 256986 - Description of the Microsoft Windows > Regist...

Function to Copy all sheets into one sheet
Is there a way to copy multiple sheets at once to create one worksheet, rather than one at a time? You could use a for/each loop for each ws in worksheets depends on what and where you want to copy next -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Des" <cusaty@express-scripts.com> wrote in message news:013801c3b43a$5cb403b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to copy multiple sheets at once to create > one worksheet, rather than one at a time? ...

Where are tab button and vertical ruler?
I can't find the tab button or the vertical ruler - found the horizontal ruler button, great. Did a search but the only tabs referred to are those across the ribbon. At the left end of this ruler found the hanging indents as before and in the space to the left of them, if I wiggle the mouse about, a label appears with a type of tab on it, click the mouse and it changes but spend ages wiggling the mouse to see what it has changed to. Totally time wasting, perhaps its me but if someone can help pleeeeeaaaassse, I'd be most grateful. Outlook 2007? Did you think to try a right, ...

Linking sheets
I am trying to hyperlink a cell in one single sheet spreadsheet to a specific sheet in another multisheet book. I don't need to get to any specific cell in the second spreadsheet, just the specific sheet. Thx, Chris In Excel 2003 or earlier. Insert>Hyperlink>Existing file or webpage. Browse to the target workbook then hit "Bookmark" and pick a sheet and a cell. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 22 May 2008 19:14:38 -0700 (PDT), spacia <chris_butler@thegrid.net> wrote: >I am trying to hyperlink a cell in one single sheet spreadsheet to a >specific sheet in...