Sharing Workbook Info message ?

Recently, as I go to Tools, Share Workbook,
ck on Allow ....(slfkjsaldjflskjf.....)
and OK
a message box pops up saying
"Seletion is too Large"
I just ck OK and move on.
Am I missing something here?
TIA,
Jim
0
JimMay (35)

Creating a subbook from a workbook.
Excel 2002. I have a master workbook that contains 75 sheets. Each sheet represents a territory. I have six persons, each of which is responsible for a subset of these 75 territories. I want to create six workbooks, that derive their data from the master workbook. Each of these workbooks will have about a dozen sheets, My question is this: How can I create these six workbooks such that the sheets in these workbooks point back to the sheets in the master workbook? I know how to make cells point to cells in other workbooks. But I want to make the whole sheet point to another shee...

Shared folders on a shared exchange 2003
I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the actual company. /C COZ <kofo@spamspamspam.org> wrote: >I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. >But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? >The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the >actual company. Make sure the "client permissions" you assign to the folder doesn't include the &...

Cannot copy & past beween workbooks
Hi, I have two workbooks open in the same Excel instance, but cannot copy and paste. The paste and paste special option is grayed out in the second workbook. Thank you for your help. Dunno why that would be, but if nothing else works you could try copying the particular worksheet temporarily into the destination workbook, copying from there and then deleting the copied worksheet. In Excel 2000 go through the Edit, move or copy sheet routine, and remember to cross the "create a copy" box. There is a problem I have come across with copying between workbooks, an...

Unprotecting password protected workbook
do we have a way by which we can break a password protected excel worksheet.....it doesnt open..it asks for password whenever i try to open it....thanks again -- Vnagpal ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Vnagpal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15104 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492344 See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/fileandvbapwords.html In article <Vnagpal.1zspem_1134169800.8444@excelforum-nospam.com>, Vnagpal <Vnagpal.1zspem_1134169800.8444@exc...

Shared Workbook Query
Hi, I have set up a shared workbook for 20+ users. I am aware that share workbooks in Excel (I have version 2002) have limited functionality an that you cannot for example merge cells. However, if there are merged cells in another worksheet and someon wants to copy across text (which includes merged cells) into the share workbook it removes the merged formatting. At present I have to take the share off the workbook and then cop across the data (which includes merged cells) then reshare the workboo so that the formatting is maintained. Is there any other way around this problem so that peo...

Sharing Calendar, can you share contacts too?
We have an administrative secretary, who maintains 3 high level administrator's calendars... we use outlook 2003 with exchange 2003, she opens their shared calendars and edits them... Maybe I'm overlooking a really simple answer... but is there a way she could similarly edit their personal address books (they all use palm pilots and want their own individual contact lists).... Any ideas appreciated... Thanks! Sure, just need to delegate rights to those folders and she can "Open Other user's Folder" and choose Contacts. "Ken Montgomery" <KenMontg...

Sharing Outlook between profiles?
I am running a 2k server (no exchange server) and need the laptops that connect into the domain to be able to view and send emails when connected, and when disconnected. The laptops have just been reloaded after using Novell. The advantage of the novell client was that it used the same local profile for connecting into the domain, and when using the workstation only. With the 2k server however, it uses one profile for the domain, and one for the local workstation. This is where Outlook 2000 is falling over... Please help... ...

Cannot share calendar
Hi I'm trying to setup a user so that she can view someone else's calendar. I have been able to give her access to other peoples calendars, however i can't give her access to one particular user. even though other people can access that particular users calendar. I have given her all the relevent permissions needed to do so in exchange 2000 and at the target machine, but still an error msg of "you do not have sufficiant permisions to view this item" is given. Don't know what else to do....HELP Thank you Don't grant permissions in the Exchange server its...

Outlook "info svc.not cofigured" message???
I purchased an new PC for my wife -- and HP a200N with a 2.4 GHz Celeron and Windows XP home edition. Great machine. I since installed Office 2000 -- and all applications work just fine -- Word, Excel, etc. except OUTLOOK does not -- I use Outlook to synch our Palm Pilots, address books, etc.. I use Outlook Express for email -- which shares the phone book with Outlook and has been great on my ME machine. When I try to start Outlook it starts and gives me the "window" with Outlook 2000 but then I get a "pop-up" which states: "Personal Folder" -- The inform...

Link in mail message do not work
I can not click on link to web page in message i receive they do not work.... if I copy the link and paste it in IE i can get to the page Any thing can be done to correct that I am having a similar problem and have tried to find a solution from my internet access provider as well as 1 of the MS service providers with no luck. My problem seems to be associated with the new version of Time Warner s RoadRunner Medic 5.0. Has anyone found a solution? >-----Original Message----- >I can not click on link to web page in message i receive they do not >work.... >if I copy the link...

[INFO] Exchange2030 SP2 is AVAILABLE!
Hello all.. Just a quick note - SP2 is finally available for download. Check www.microsoft.com/exchange for more details. Cheers, KFL -- _________________________________ Karel E. Florian Regional Program Manager for Exchange Microsoft Czech & Slovak Thanks for the update! "Karel Florian [MS]" wrote: > Hello all.. > > Just a quick note - SP2 is finally available for download. > Check www.microsoft.com/exchange for more details. > > Cheers, > KFL > > > > -- > _________________________________ > Karel E. Florian > Regional...

Password protected workbooks
I have one master workbook that has sheets that are linked to 9 other workbooks. The other 9 workbooks have individual passwords. When I open the "master" workbook, I have to enter the other 9 workbook passwords. How do I get around that? Anybody? -- M.Stanley Create the 11th workbook that opens the first 9 (supplying the password) and then opens the master. Is it ok to open those other workbooks? Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myFileNames As Variant Dim myPWDs As Variant Dim iCtr As Long Dim testStr As String 'put all ten workbook names her...

stopping the link of macros in one workbook with every other exce.

Resource sharing error
MS Project 2007 question / assistance needed - I created a separate project file for shared resources, filled in names of resources (techs), hourly rates, etc., etc, then saved the file as (named) "resources". When I try to share those resources in my current project, (tools>resource sharing>Share resources) and select the "resources from" the resources file, each resource then shows up in BOTH project’s resource files. Now all resources are showing up in both projects? Delete unwanted rows from one project, and they're deleted in BOTH projects. What...

calender sharing
I recently upgraded to XP op sys and alongwith it to MS Office 2003. In MS Office 2000, I used to share my private Outlook folders (Calendar, Contacts etc.) with my assistant . With this upgrade to MS Office, I lost the sharing ability. If I right click on any of these components (Calendar, Contacts etc.) the "Sharing" feature is shaded (disabled). How do I share these private folders? If you are talking about NetFolders then this feature was dropped after Outlook 2000 check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm for some options "KAH" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

Save Message rules in Outlook Express
Hi Can anyone let me know how to save messages created in Outlook Express. Take backup and then restore them in another pc. This can be done in MS-Outlook through the rule wizard. Lakshmi <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can anyone let me know how to save messages created in > Outlook Express. Take backup and then restore them in > another pc. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup and see http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ -- Brian Tillman ...

Form code and message box help
Could someone please help me with this code. What I want is when the user is creating a roster if they select a trainer who is on leave during that time the user receives a message. TrainerID and RosterDate are two controls on this form. Private Sub RosterDate_AfterUpdate() If Me.TrainerID = [tblTrainerLeave].[TrainerID] AND Me.RosterDate >= [tblTrainerLeave].[LeaveStartDate] AND <=[tblTrainerLeave].[LeaveEndDate] Then Message Box "This trainer is on leave from [tblTrainerLeave].[LeaveStartDate] to [tblTrainerLeave].[LeaveEndDate] please se...

Protecting all worksheets of a workbook
I have a workbook say Book1.xls with 12 worksheets say Rep1, Rep2, Rep3,...Rep12 for 12 different employees. These sheets are exactly similar in layout and format except data. I was able to select all sheets and 'lock' and 'hide' desired cells in each in one stroke. But locking and hiding of cells dont come into effect till I protect each sheet. I want to password protect each sheet with the same password. Is there a way to password protect all worksheets or the entire workbook in one go? The workbook Book1.xls along with other workbooks would be shared on a network driv...

Sharing the Entourage calendar
Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there a way to automate it so that it saves and uploads to my website? On 7/6/04 11:03 pm, in article fc11fd4e.0406071403.192a07bf@posting.google.com, "Michel" <michel@neray.com> wrote: > Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my > assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web > function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there...

Lookup data in other workbook
hi. i want to know if it possible get values to a sheet from another workbook sheet. How i can do this. Thanks! Yes it is. You either link directly =[Timesheet.xls]Summary!$A$2 or evne use VLOOKUP =VLOOKUP(A1,[Timesheet.xls]Data!$A$2:$C$5,2,FALSE) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Pasmatos" <Pasmatos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83CA8162-CA09-46AB-9CE4-0BD2B3EBE44A@microsoft.com... > hi. > > i want to know if it possible get values to a sheet from another workbook > sheet. > How i can do this. >...

Error Message #56
I recentely installed Office 2003 Pro. About half way thru Error msg "Error 1308-cannot find file "sku011.xml"-- see "setup.chm" [which offers no help that I see}. My choices withe the popup window are Cancel [which stop installation], Retry [which gets same error window again] and Ignore. I choose ignore and loading continues.While I have not checked all parts of office in depth everything seems to work OK except Outlook. On outlook everytime I download an Email from my ISP a windows installer window pops up saying "Preparing to install".It last ab...

Connecting to a shared SSRS data source from BIDS
I'm just starting out using BIDS and creating reports in general. I've been using Report Builder and have no trouble accessing a shared SSRS data source by specifying the Report Server (http://<Server>/ReportServer) in the Options...Settings, from there I can view and use any predefined data source in a report. How do I specify in BIDS that I wish to use a preconfigured shared data source from SSRS, I can't see any obvious option. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks David David, Hopefully when you connect your report to a shared datasource in design t...

RemoteApp is the solution to share .pst files
RemoteApp in Server 2008 is the solution to share .pst files over in local network or the internet! At last, no need for Exchange. ss. Alas, still not supported for .psts on a network share. Use at your own = risk. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 "Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMsyndrome.me.uk> wrote in message = news:%23sexHtIuIHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... RemoteApp in Server 2008 is the solution to share .pst fi...

shared workbook
I have a shared workbook. Once in a while, I cannot uncheck the allow changes by more than one user at the same time. This option in the shared workbook under the tools menu is grayed out. Other times this option is available. Can someone please tell me why this option becomes unavailable. ...

Message Rules in Outlook 2000
I know with message rules it's easy to place mail in different folders when it arrives to different email accounts. But Is there anyway to place mail in different folders based on the email account in outlook from which it is sent -- I am trying to divide folders into the four accounts we have for both mail sent and arriving. However, all the message rules in 2000 say you can move mail to a specified folder only when it arrives through a specified account. They don't talk about moving it to a specified folder when it is sent from a specified account (not email address but e...