Sharing Workbook 2007

Excel 2007 says you can have multiple users editing a workbook at same time
using sharing. I can get this to work via a server using sever 2003 but when
I share the file on a peer to peer network only the first person to open the
file can edit it eveyone else gets a read only version.

What am I doing worng.

Creating a subbook from a workbook.
Excel 2002. I have a master workbook that contains 75 sheets. Each sheet represents a territory. I have six persons, each of which is responsible for a subset of these 75 territories. I want to create six workbooks, that derive their data from the master workbook. Each of these workbooks will have about a dozen sheets, My question is this: How can I create these six workbooks such that the sheets in these workbooks point back to the sheets in the master workbook? I know how to make cells point to cells in other workbooks. But I want to make the whole sheet point to another shee...

Word 2007 macros
I used to make macros in 2003 with the suffix of .MAIN. This allowed me to copy individual macros from one template to another, one computer to another. If I failed to use the .MAIN, I was given only the choice of NEWMACROS to copy. Of course, if the destination also had NEWMACROS, they'd be overwritten. Now I am trying to do the same with 2007. I created 4 macros with .MAIN suffix and put them on the Quick Access Toolbar (with a view to putting the same macros on three different computers). However, whichever macro I click on, they are all the same macro. If I run...

Shared folders on a shared exchange 2003
I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the actual company. /C COZ <kofo@spamspamspam.org> wrote: >I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. >But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? >The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the >actual company. Make sure the "client permissions" you assign to the folder doesn't include the &...

What is equivalent to "acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9" in 2007 i.e .xlsx
I have a button when clicked does the following .. DoCmd.OpenQuery "qry_ExpToXl_LotNo" DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, "Qc_details", "c: \work\QC_Details.xlsx", True transfersheet fails if I use .xlsx , i.e I could not open the spreasheet after creation, but it works fine if I give .xls extension. Any thoughts? Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201004/1 ...

Word 2007 TOCs Bookmarks
I am creating a chaptered manual and at the start of each chapter I would like to have a separate Table of Contents. I have used the Heading styles to format my chapters (Heading1, Heading2, Heading3). According to a tutorial I found through the on-line Help, I should be able to select all of the text in a chapter and assign it a bookmark name. Then at the location where I want the TOC for that chapter to appear, I press <CTRL+F9> and enter TOC \b bookmark-name (between the squiggly brackets). I did this for my first chapter and it worked, but I cannot get it to work fo...

Sharing Calendar, can you share contacts too?
We have an administrative secretary, who maintains 3 high level administrator's calendars... we use outlook 2003 with exchange 2003, she opens their shared calendars and edits them... Maybe I'm overlooking a really simple answer... but is there a way she could similarly edit their personal address books (they all use palm pilots and want their own individual contact lists).... Any ideas appreciated... Thanks! Sure, just need to delegate rights to those folders and she can "Open Other user's Folder" and choose Contacts. "Ken Montgomery" <KenMontg...

Cannot copy & past beween workbooks
Hi, I have two workbooks open in the same Excel instance, but cannot copy and paste. The paste and paste special option is grayed out in the second workbook. Thank you for your help. Dunno why that would be, but if nothing else works you could try copying the particular worksheet temporarily into the destination workbook, copying from there and then deleting the copied worksheet. In Excel 2000 go through the Edit, move or copy sheet routine, and remember to cross the "create a copy" box. There is a problem I have come across with copying between workbooks, an...

Unprotecting password protected workbook
do we have a way by which we can break a password protected excel worksheet.....it doesnt open..it asks for password whenever i try to open it....thanks again -- Vnagpal ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Vnagpal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15104 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492344 See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/fileandvbapwords.html In article <Vnagpal.1zspem_1134169800.8444@excelforum-nospam.com>, Vnagpal <Vnagpal.1zspem_1134169800.8444@exc...

Shared Workbook Query
Hi, I have set up a shared workbook for 20+ users. I am aware that share workbooks in Excel (I have version 2002) have limited functionality an that you cannot for example merge cells. However, if there are merged cells in another worksheet and someon wants to copy across text (which includes merged cells) into the share workbook it removes the merged formatting. At present I have to take the share off the workbook and then cop across the data (which includes merged cells) then reshare the workboo so that the formatting is maintained. Is there any other way around this problem so that peo...

How do I chart contours in Excel 2007?
I have some geophysical data I want to chart. How can I generate contours, or with the surface chart, how can I change the values for the coloured bands? Thank you EXCEL 2007 Try a Surface Chart. To set one up:- Hit the F1 Help Facility Key In the Browse Excel Help section click on Charts Next click on Chart types Next click on Present your data in a surface chart There are detailed instructions in here as to how to set one up. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. "tpmbrian" wrote: > I have some geophysical data I want...

Sharing Outlook between profiles?
I am running a 2k server (no exchange server) and need the laptops that connect into the domain to be able to view and send emails when connected, and when disconnected. The laptops have just been reloaded after using Novell. The advantage of the novell client was that it used the same local profile for connecting into the domain, and when using the workstation only. With the 2k server however, it uses one profile for the domain, and one for the local workstation. This is where Outlook 2000 is falling over... Please help... ...

Excel 2007
I am not really sure what to call this or if it's even possible, can you freeze a row, then while scrolling down have the frozen row be replaced by another row that will be frozen and so on? For example: I freeze row 5 which has column headers. As I scroll down the spreadsheet I reach row 100, which has different column headers. Can the headers be replaced so now row 100 is frozen? But at the same time once I scroll back up above row 100 it would resort back to the headers in row 5.... Put the disparate data on sheet2 stew wrote: > I am not really sure what to...

Cannot share calendar
Hi I'm trying to setup a user so that she can view someone else's calendar. I have been able to give her access to other peoples calendars, however i can't give her access to one particular user. even though other people can access that particular users calendar. I have given her all the relevent permissions needed to do so in exchange 2000 and at the target machine, but still an error msg of "you do not have sufficiant permisions to view this item" is given. Don't know what else to do....HELP Thank you Don't grant permissions in the Exchange server its...

show pages on a pivot in 2007
How do I do a "show pages" on a pivot table in Excel 2007??? I did it in 2003, but can't figure out how to do it in 2007. Thanks! Hi, Click on the report filter cell of the pivot and then go to Pivot Table Tools > Options > Pivot Table > Options > Show Report Filter Pages -- Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP "terri" <terri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19AAFD1B-7101-47E2-B03E-43C79EA0B015@microsoft.com... > How do I do a "show pages" on a pivot table in Excel 2007??? I did it in >...

Chart pattern fills in Publisher 2007
In creating an Excel Chart object directly in Publisher 2007, I'm unable to get pattern fills (for the bars in a bar chart, for example) despite the fact that I do have the Pattern Fill add-in for Excel 2007, and that it works in Excel. Within Publisher, I do get a misleading Pattern Fill option in the toolbar (under Chart Tools Layout and/or Format), but when I try to use it, I receive the error message: "Run-Time Error '-2147024891 (80070005)': Access Denied. You do not have enough privileges to complete this operation." As part of this error message, there ...

Outlook 2007 freezes and won't close
I just got a new computer with Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. I installed Outlook 2007. This is the problem. The last incoming message freezes and won't finish. No new mail will be retrieved as a result. Everything else works fine though. When I do File and Exit, Outlook actually does not close and when I look in task manager, it still shows it open under Outlook.Exe*32. Sometimes it is listed twice. ( I always right click on Outlook and open when i initially open it so I can ensure it is not being opened twice.) I must then end the process in task manager before I can get O...

Password protected workbooks
I have one master workbook that has sheets that are linked to 9 other workbooks. The other 9 workbooks have individual passwords. When I open the "master" workbook, I have to enter the other 9 workbook passwords. How do I get around that? Anybody? -- M.Stanley Create the 11th workbook that opens the first 9 (supplying the password) and then opens the master. Is it ok to open those other workbooks? Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myFileNames As Variant Dim myPWDs As Variant Dim iCtr As Long Dim testStr As String 'put all ten workbook names her...

Excel 2007 macro with WordArt
inserting wordart via macro in excel 2003 does not happen in excel 2007. also can't get shapes or pictures inserted via macro. is is security? please help ...

stopping the link of macros in one workbook with every other exce.

Resource sharing error
MS Project 2007 question / assistance needed - I created a separate project file for shared resources, filled in names of resources (techs), hourly rates, etc., etc, then saved the file as (named) "resources". When I try to share those resources in my current project, (tools>resource sharing>Share resources) and select the "resources from" the resources file, each resource then shows up in BOTH project’s resource files. Now all resources are showing up in both projects? Delete unwanted rows from one project, and they're deleted in BOTH projects. What...

calender sharing
I recently upgraded to XP op sys and alongwith it to MS Office 2003. In MS Office 2000, I used to share my private Outlook folders (Calendar, Contacts etc.) with my assistant . With this upgrade to MS Office, I lost the sharing ability. If I right click on any of these components (Calendar, Contacts etc.) the "Sharing" feature is shaded (disabled). How do I share these private folders? If you are talking about NetFolders then this feature was dropped after Outlook 2000 check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm for some options "KAH" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

Protecting all worksheets of a workbook
I have a workbook say Book1.xls with 12 worksheets say Rep1, Rep2, Rep3,...Rep12 for 12 different employees. These sheets are exactly similar in layout and format except data. I was able to select all sheets and 'lock' and 'hide' desired cells in each in one stroke. But locking and hiding of cells dont come into effect till I protect each sheet. I want to password protect each sheet with the same password. Is there a way to password protect all worksheets or the entire workbook in one go? The workbook Book1.xls along with other workbooks would be shared on a network driv...

Office 2007 not loading
Allright guys, here is my situation. I just upgraded to Windows 7 about 2 weeks ago. Everything was running fine when last week the outlook wouldnt start. I tried everything and didnt work. then i decided to uninstal office and reinstall it to see if that would change. but when in the middle of the reinstal the computer accidentally shut down. now everytime i try to reinstall office 07, it appears to load but it then dissappears no error message no warning sign.. What can I do? The operating system is windows 7 32 bit and the office is office 07 enterprise your hel...

Sharing the Entourage calendar
Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there a way to automate it so that it saves and uploads to my website? On 7/6/04 11:03 pm, in article fc11fd4e.0406071403.192a07bf@posting.google.com, "Michel" <michel@neray.com> wrote: > Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my > assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web > function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there...

Lookup data in other workbook
hi. i want to know if it possible get values to a sheet from another workbook sheet. How i can do this. Thanks! Yes it is. You either link directly =[Timesheet.xls]Summary!$A$2 or evne use VLOOKUP =VLOOKUP(A1,[Timesheet.xls]Data!$A$2:$C$5,2,FALSE) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Pasmatos" <Pasmatos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83CA8162-CA09-46AB-9CE4-0BD2B3EBE44A@microsoft.com... > hi. > > i want to know if it possible get values to a sheet from another workbook > sheet. > How i can do this. >...