Sharing Violation error #2

Hi all
I have several workbooks available to several users that are NOT shared.  We used to have the share function on and found it was too difficult to manage
My problem is that with most users, if we try to open a workbook it tells us it's already open.  BUT, with one of our network users, it simply opens it up and creates a "sharing violation" error when she tries to save her changes and creates a backup file with a bizarre names (something like CZE104K).
I can't figure out what's wrong.  The "sharing" option is turned off on the workbook
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Kare

0
anonymous (74721)

Outlook password #2
I want to setup a login password for Outlook 2000 upon opening. I know this can be done. I have done it, but have forgotten how. ...

CRM 1.2 Feature Pack Installation Questions
Am I correct in my assumption that there is one install for the SFO client -- CRM1.2-KB833621-Client-ENU.exe and two installs for the CRM Server CRM1.2-KB833621-Server-ENU.exe CRM1.2-KB873262-SERVER-ENU.exe Thanks for you help in deciphering the downloads! Lynn ...

Error inserting clip art, etc.
Every time I try to insert clip art, etc. (with '97 version) I get the error message: "Publisher cannot launch or communicate with the OLE server program needed to complete this task. There may not be enough disk space, or there may be a problem with the server program. To make more disk space available, delete some unneeded files on your hard disk. If you suspect a problem with the server program, try reinstalling it. Then try this task again." I have removed and reinstalled publisher and still get the same error message. Any other ideas? There are a few things you can...

Error Message 1328
If anyone can assist me, I'd appreciate it. In attempting to install "Office XP Service Pack 1 (English Version), the process stops with error message 1328, which states that there is some sort of difficulty with patch file "C:\Config.Msi\PT3A.tmp" and that maybe this file has been updated through some other process. I purchased this computer from a private vendor who sells custom units and have no way of going back to him. If you can offer a possible solution, please send it to me at cstrong@rgv.rr.com. Thank you, Charles www.bibleone.net ...

Excel cell formatting #2
Hi, Is it possible to formal a particular group(s) of cells such that all numeric entries are always expressed as negative e.g an entry of 150 will be reflected in the cell as -150. Thx, Don- Hi Don! You can use: Format > Cells > Custom Format Type the string -# But remember that this only "looks" negative. It's stored as a positive. Also, if you type in -150 you'll get --150 unless you use the format string -#;+# Here, the positive entries get formatted with -150 and negative with +150. It'll confuse most users and I'd look for better approaches t...

handling Email field difference after upgrade from 1.2
Hi, I've upgraded a 1.2 version of CRM to 3.0, I've applied the all rollups and other service packs required. In the 1.2 version when you entered a new contact you could add multiple email addresses into the email field separated by semi colons, when the contact was emailed the mail was sent to all the addresses. Now in CRM 3.0 this functionality isn't available out of the box so as a result I have the data entered in the old system which has multiple emails addresses in the email field and new records which don't allow it to be entered like that. So my problem is in a coup...

Error on Page 11-15-04
Hello, When I launch CRM and go to Service, Cases, New Case and click on Customer in the Customer Information section, I get error on page in the lower left hand corner of the window and nothing happens. All other fields with drop downs or lookup are working. Aummy Can you include what the text of the message says? What loss of functionality are you experiencing? Have you made any customizations or added any ISV solutions? Perhaps if you give me some more detail, I can help you solve your problem. "Aummy" wrote: > > Hello, > > When I launch CRM and go to...

\Unknown User cannot be deleted and gives no error in Dist Group Permissions
In a few of our distribution groups exists an "\unknown user" which cannot be deleted. You can try to delete but nothing ever happens. You can add remove other accounts but not remove this one. This is in the bottem permissions box. What version of Exchange? Danny "Shawn Craig" wrote: > In a few of our distribution groups exists an "\unknown user" which > cannot be deleted. You can try to delete but nothing ever happens. You > can add remove other accounts but not remove this one. This is in the > bottem permissions box. > ...

Remote Desktop Client (RDC) 5.2 & KB958470 (MS09-044)
A hotfix is available for Remote Desktop Client (RDC) 5.2 to fix a drawing failure after you apply the security update 958470 (MS09-044) on a computer that is running Windows XP SP3 or Windows Server 2003 SP2 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975158 ...

.pst file #2
How can I copy or backup my Outlook 2002 personal folder to a cd Close Outlook - then use your CD burning software to copy the file to the CD. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Jeff@amped.net <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | How can I copy or backup my Outlook 2002 personal folder | to a cd ...

here is error message ..office wont launch..please help
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel whats going on...this just started today.....no office apps will launch.. here is report..sorry its lengthy: Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2009-06-28 19:22:05 -0700 Application Name: Microsoft Word Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Word Application Signature: MSWD Application Version: 12.1.5.081119 Crashed Module Name: OSServices Crashed Module Version: unknown Crashed Module Offset: 0x00021e2c Blame Module Name: OSServices Blame Module Version: unk...

Debit Cards Process error
Hi, I've a RMS system with the Citibank software to process all my transactions. The credit cards works fine, the reports works fine but when I want to use a debit card all the process with the pin pad goes fine but when start to send the data said fail and give me the 0141 error. I check all the data on my edc window and it is rigth. I don't know what else to do. Thanks. Gas28, Has your pinpad been injected with a security code? It must be sent away to the processor's agent for this to be done. Takes about 10 working days. Are you sure that your processor has you set...

Error on page when querying using advance find
Hi, WHen i performing search using advance find, there is error Line 385 Char 1 Error Unspecified error Code 0 URL: http://servername/org/AdvanceFind/AdvFind.aspx?Entitycode= XXX &queryid={XXX}&View type = XXX Any hints on how to debug this? In addition another weird thing that i notice, the pop up if blank.aspx page. But i did not update any of my windows. This is happened on client laptop. When i go to production server directly, did not encounter this problem. Could someone help me? Thx Carrie Hi Carrie, Which version of Internet Explorer are you using? Niths "Car...

Cell formatting #2
I am trying to create a spread for my business. I am trying to get Excel to add a number to an existing number and keep a running count then remove the number I entered. Example say I enter 1.95 to 2.35 I can get that to add but cannot keep adding to the first column. Any help would be appricated. I can't really tell from your description, but this might be what you're looking for: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html In article <0746A635-5063-486B-A652-54A83F186C1D@microsoft.com>, "Sundance" <Sundance@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...

"Interface not registered" and "OLE registration error"
When I try to send email from Outlook 2003 using Word 2003 as my HTML email editor, I get an "Interface not registered" error message. Also, when I try to reply to email where Word 2003 is the editor, I get the following error message: "Microsoft Word is set to be your e-mail editor. However, Word is not available, not installed, or is not the same version as Outlook. The Outlook e-mail editor will be used instead. An OLE registration error occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run Setup again for the program." I notice that the versions are slightly d...

degree symbol #2
Hi I would like to know where to find and how to use the degre ymbol in a cell. I want to show like 98 with the degree symbol behind it. Thanks Karl Lungmus Go Format Cells > Custom. Enter ###.0 then hold down the Alt key and type 0186 on the number keypad, Ifyou dont want the decimal places to display go ### Alt 0186 Regards, "Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:158C8358-7166-4160-902F-1F9F04F514A1@microsoft.com... > Hi I would like to know where to find and how to use the degre ymbol in a cell. I want to show like 98 with the degree symbol behi...

crm test 2
sdadqd asd qsd qsd qd ...

Connecting 2 exchange servers
Hi All, I'm working for a company with 2 plants in 2 different place.There is a windows 2003 domain controller and and an exchange server 2003 in plant 1 and a windows 2000 and exchange server 2000 in plant 2.Main office is placed in plant 2 and also our internet link is connected to plant 2.Some users (i.e. VIPs) have workstations in both plants.They want to check their emails in both plants. A management policy forces IT dept to keep these 2 domains separate as much as possible. My problem is that how to arrange connection between 2 exchange servers to send and receive emails bet...

Msgsrv32 error
Hello, I'm using Publisher 97 in Win '98 (an excellent mix I might add). Anyhow, just today I started to receive an error message on starting up the program and trying to open a file. I get Msgsrv32 "an error has occured in your program. To keep working anyway ... blah blah." Close - Ignore No more specific than that cryptic message. First time I've received it. Any ideas how I can get rid of it? Thanks! :) This is not a Publisher issue, more than likely you are having a driver problem. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ ...

How do I set a formula to get text from sheet 2 to sheet 1?
I have text definitions on sheet 2, I have the text words on sheet 1, How can I create a formula to insert the definitions to the corresponding text with the words on sheet 1? I am new to excel so please help me step by step. thank you "JJacobs" wrote: > I have text definitions on sheet 2, I have the text words on sheet 1, How can > I create a formula to insert the definitions to the corresponding text with > the words on sheet 1? I am new to excel so please help me step by step. thank > you You can write a formula so that one cell on a particular sheet will ...

Msimm error!!!
Hello! Every time I close Outlook Express I get an Msimm Error. The details are as follows. MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module <unknown> at 0084:0266e760. Registers: EAX=70200000 CS=017f EIP=0266e760 EFLGS=00010206 EBX=008a2af4 SS=0187 ESP=0434fc38 EBP=0434fc70 ECX=d58ded80 DS=0187 ESI=0266e760 FS=120f EDX=bffc9490 ES=0187 EDI=00000000 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: Stack dump: 0086b4a5 70200000 00000001 bff8abfa 00790000 007a6a68 00000000 007a6681 00790000 00000000 00000001 00000000 00790000 81804164 0434fe38 bff7ddd6 It does not seem to effect anything when I open Outlook ...

Error 0x80042108
After loading the most recent MS update, I've been unable to read/send email in Outlook. I get the 0x80042108 error message which tells me to contact my ISP. I did that and they said I needed to download a fix from MS. I went to this website, attempted to download the latest fix. The download stopped when I couldn't find my original Office CD. Is there a way to undo the recent MS fix? or a way to complete the newer download without the CD. I've moved twice since I bought the CD and haven't a clue where it might be. HELP> That error means that Outlook is una...

Office 2008 programs won't open--they all freeze #2
I am running Leopard 10.5.4 on a Mac G5. I installed MS Office 2008, and the programs ran OK for a short time. But now none of them will open--they all hang and I have to "force quit" them. One suggestion was deleting the .plist files for Office, which I did. This brought me back to the installation window concerning customer service, but after you quit that the programs still don't open. Repaired permissions with disk utility. No change. The MS Office programs have been updated to the latest versions as of June 13. Any thoughts? ...

what formula? #2
quite a day for my excel skills.... here is one I can't figure out. If a condition is met in a cell, how can I get that whole row to transfer over to a new sheet? In other words the data in a row is automatically transfered to the next sheet if a certain entry is made into a cell in that row. is there an "IF" formula for that?, or are we getting into scary VB territory! D Hi Dave! A formula or function can only return a value to the cell it is in. A formula can�t change the Excel environment. See: 170787 XL: Custom Functions Can't Change Microsoft Excel Environment http...

Lost CD #2
I lost the 2004 Standard CD and have to re-install the program on my computer. Can I retrieve the product code from the registry? If I download the Deluxe version from the Money web site will that product code work? If not, is there another URL for the Standard version? Hi Eric In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Money\12.0\Registration is the product ID, although I don't think you can use it to reinstall. If you have lost the disk, then you might be able to get a new disk shipped (and you might need the product ID) See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=326246 --...