shared workbook - shared workbook options grayed out

I have a shared workbook.  Once in a while, I cannot uncheck the allow
changes by more than one user at the same time.  This option in the shared
workbook under the tools menu is grayed out.  Other times this option is
available.  Can someone please tell me why this option becomes unavailable.

Creating a subbook from a workbook.
Excel 2002. I have a master workbook that contains 75 sheets. Each sheet represents a territory. I have six persons, each of which is responsible for a subset of these 75 territories. I want to create six workbooks, that derive their data from the master workbook. Each of these workbooks will have about a dozen sheets, My question is this: How can I create these six workbooks such that the sheets in these workbooks point back to the sheets in the master workbook? I know how to make cells point to cells in other workbooks. But I want to make the whole sheet point to another shee...

Mail Options Greyed out
I installed Outlook (2003) last week and every thing worked fine. i have sent and received emils no problems. Today i can still receive emails ok, but i cannot send new / reply / forward - as these buttons are now greyed out ? Has anybody else come across this, if so how did you solve it. (if I do a test from set up email accounts that sends and receives the test ok) ...

my mail and catalog merge options are all greyed out?
Can you open the wizard? Do you get an error? Quit Publisher 2003, and then start Publisher 2003. 1.After you restart Publisher 2003, do not open your mail merge publication. 2.On the New Publication task pane, click Blank Print Publication. 3.On the File menu, click Print. 4.In the Print dialog box, click Advanced Print Settings. 5.On the Separations tab, click to clear the Print Composite CMYK by default check box. 6.Click OK to close the Advanced Print Settings dialog box. 7.Click Cancel to close the Print dialog box. 8.Quit Publisher 2003, and then start Publisher 2003. 9.Open your ma...

Unprotecting password protected workbook
do we have a way by which we can break a password protected excel worksheet.....it doesnt open..it asks for password whenever i try to open it....thanks again -- Vnagpal ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Vnagpal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15104 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492344 See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/fileandvbapwords.html In article <Vnagpal.1zspem_1134169800.8444@excelforum-nospam.com>, Vnagpal <Vnagpal.1zspem_1134169800.8444@exc...

Cannot copy & past beween workbooks
Hi, I have two workbooks open in the same Excel instance, but cannot copy and paste. The paste and paste special option is grayed out in the second workbook. Thank you for your help. Dunno why that would be, but if nothing else works you could try copying the particular worksheet temporarily into the destination workbook, copying from there and then deleting the copied worksheet. In Excel 2000 go through the Edit, move or copy sheet routine, and remember to cross the "create a copy" box. There is a problem I have come across with copying between workbooks, an...

Making textbox source depend on listbox selection (or option group)
Hello, I have a contact database tracking people, companies, and their affiliations. An address may be stored in any of three tables, tblPeople, tblCompanies and tblAffiliations. tblAffiliations has a field where one can select which address is that person's main address. If MailngAddress = 1, I want the mailing address to be their company address, 2 = affiliation address, and 3 = home address. In my frmPeople there's a sbfrmAffiliations. I have a list box to select main address as Company, Affiliation or Home. I can get it so that the proper address appears, concatenated, ...

How do I place an average bar gray-scale in the background?
I am trying to make a bar graph that displays four data sets and compares each to an overall average. However, rather than having the average displayed as a fifth bar I would like it displayed as a gray-scale in the background. Any ideas? plot the average a fifth catagory. select it and change axis to secondary. (you may need to change the others to secondary depending on what you want the final display to look like.) set your y axis as you want them and set the average bar to the format you want. Note you may need to add the second X axis in chart options and change the data series to...

Password protected workbooks
I have one master workbook that has sheets that are linked to 9 other workbooks. The other 9 workbooks have individual passwords. When I open the "master" workbook, I have to enter the other 9 workbook passwords. How do I get around that? Anybody? -- M.Stanley Create the 11th workbook that opens the first 9 (supplying the password) and then opens the master. Is it ok to open those other workbooks? Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myFileNames As Variant Dim myPWDs As Variant Dim iCtr As Long Dim testStr As String 'put all ten workbook names her...

stopping the link of macros in one workbook with every other exce.

Optional parameters question
I have a Class function that I want to default 2 parameters as null if not passed. I have the code below at the top of the shared function. I am getting an underlined error that says "Constant expression is required" on the last parameter. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this? Thanks. David Public Shared Function CreateHistoryDates(ByVal intPeopleLinkID As Int32, _ ByVal intHistoryTypeID As Int16, _ ByVal intHistoryReasonID As Int32, _ ...

Protecting all worksheets of a workbook
I have a workbook say Book1.xls with 12 worksheets say Rep1, Rep2, Rep3,...Rep12 for 12 different employees. These sheets are exactly similar in layout and format except data. I was able to select all sheets and 'lock' and 'hide' desired cells in each in one stroke. But locking and hiding of cells dont come into effect till I protect each sheet. I want to password protect each sheet with the same password. Is there a way to password protect all worksheets or the entire workbook in one go? The workbook Book1.xls along with other workbooks would be shared on a network driv...

Lookup data in other workbook
hi. i want to know if it possible get values to a sheet from another workbook sheet. How i can do this. Thanks! Yes it is. You either link directly =[Timesheet.xls]Summary!$A$2 or evne use VLOOKUP =VLOOKUP(A1,[Timesheet.xls]Data!$A$2:$C$5,2,FALSE) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Pasmatos" <Pasmatos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83CA8162-CA09-46AB-9CE4-0BD2B3EBE44A@microsoft.com... > hi. > > i want to know if it possible get values to a sheet from another workbook > sheet. > How i can do this. >...

stopping the link of macros in one workbook with every other exce. #2
I want to stop all links from one macro in a workbook to all others. how do I do this? ...

Query on a set of optional M2M relationships
I have a parent table with 3 many-to-many subtables where data the 3 relationships are optional. How can I make a query that will show an empty field when a given relationship does not exist? For example, rows like this: Parent1 Data1 Data3 Parent2 Data2 Data3 Use left joins. In query design view click on relating field of [parent table] and drag to relating field of [many table]. Double click on the connecting line and select "Include all records from [parent table] and only those records from [many table] where the joined fields a...

Open excel in browser no menu options
When I open an excel document in IE, it laods in teh browser and only a few menu functions are available. I try not to open any excel workbook within MSIE. If you want that: How to Configure Internet Explorer to Open Office Documents in the Appropriate Office Program Instead of in Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=162059 SusanN wrote: > > When I open an excel document in IE, it laods in teh browser and only a few > menu functions are available. -- Dave Peterson ...

Formula from closed workbook?
Please advise me is it possible to read/extract a formula from a closed workbook eg. =IF(ISNUMBER(N26),MAX(N26*$N$2,M26),$O$1) from say cell(26, 15) of a closed workbook, I've tried so far using variations of ExecuteExcel4Macro() and an ADO routine but have only returned values. I have a number of similar workbooks where the contents of that cell can have 1 of 4 different formulas that I need to determine. Thanks in advance Oswald I don't have a way. But I'd just turn off screenupdating, open the other workbook, grab what I need, and close that other workbook. It ...

Keeping workbooks open
I am using data from one workbook and created drop down boxes i another. My question is - how do I get the drop down boxes to work i I close the first workbook? does the workbook always have to stay ope for the data to appear in the drop down boxes -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com yeah thats right it does. you could make a macro that copies the cells from the first workboo (eg a:a) and then pastes them into the open workbook, everytime yo open the activeworkbook. The dropdown menu will then read from thi list. HT -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Thanks...

Workbook takes a long time to calculate
Basically my question is whether Excel has any limits on the number of formula it can perform before it starts to perform really badly? Here is the background: I have a spreadhseet that takes nearly an hour when I try to modify a whole column due to the number of formula I have in there. I think it is due to the sheer number of calculations that Excel has to do rather than the CPU and RAM in my PC. Here are some of the basic specs of the PCs I have tried the spreadsheet on (All running XP Pro): - Dell Optiplex 260 with 512MB RAM - Optiplex 745 with 2.3GHZ processor and 2GB RAM - Dell Latitude...

internet options by vba
My combo box has several url address to launch.No probs so far. Because of internet quota -4GB per month- I'd like to stop showing images before selecting some of url address on my combo. Something like: first "restore defaults" then checking the second column "deselect show pictures checkbox" Has anyone seen such sample code somewhere? I haven't. rgds ...

Really Delete mail via Right click option
Is there a way I can add a menu item when i right click to "really" delete an item instead of just moving it to the delted folder. This would be very helpful with spam and adds that just take up space Jeff In news:1126660357.808429.51090@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com, orbojeff <jeff.callahan@orbograph.com> typed: > Is there a way I can add a menu item when i right click to "really" > delete an item instead of just moving it to the delted folder. > This would be very helpful with spam and adds that just take up space > > Jeff Not that I know of. Sel...

Prevent Excel closing all workbook instances when clicking on "X"
I open multiple Excel documents by double clicking on them. This seems to introduce them into the same instance of Excel. When I try to close one of those documents it want's to close all of the documents. This doesn't happen when I open the Excel shell first and browse to eace file I want to open. How can I make Excel documents open in their own separate instance when double clicking on them? Excel behaves differently than MSWord. With tools|Options|View tab|Windows in taskbar checked, if you click on the appication's titlebar's X, you're closing the application--so...

looking for control to display dialog similar to VC++ option window
I would like to implement a dialog similar to the VC++ options window. The left pane of the options windows contains a tree control used to select various options that will be viewed/edited. The right side of the options window displays an dialog that allows the user to view/edit information/data for the selected option. Are there any shareware/commercials controls availabled that provide this functionality? Thanks in advance. Ian Ian wrote: > I would like to implement a dialog similar to the VC++ options window. The > left pane of the options windows contains a tree con...

Update one workbook based on another workbook from a part number?
Hello, I have a Excel workbook call "Parts Catalog" that shows the following example: Description Part# Amount Book 1458 23.00 Pen 3459 125.00 Note Pad 8943 35.00 I have another Excel workbook that will contain amounts that have changed, the description and part# will be the same. This workbook is call "Updates". Since there is about over 500 rows and not all the rows will need to be updated. I manually update the "Parts Catalog" per week about 30 to 35 items. Is ...

Report list options
I have created a table and associated form in which one field, a field where a type of property is recorded, eg house, flat, industrial etc, has a number of options available via a drop down menu. From this table/form I have created a report. However, the report does not include whichever option has been selected in the Type field of the form. Can anybody advise me as to why this is and how it can be resolved? Any replies greatly appreciated. Clive Schless ...

Copy cells based on conditions in one workbook to another workbook
Hi, I hope someone could help me on this. I need a macro that will enable user to do the following 1. load sheet3("Template") in workbook1 2. copy and save value and format of Template as new workbook say wb2 3. opens wb3 and checks for each cell in column A2 to A"lastrow" that has value greater than 2 and count them 4. insert the number of counted rows in Sheets("Template"), after eg row 4 5. now copy cell(i,2), cell(i,5), cell(i,7), cell(i,12 to 15) into the inserted rows in Sheets(Template) any help will be appreciated. Many Thanks Carl. ...