Shared Workbook problems

I have several questions concerning shared workbooks in
Excel XP and I am hoping that someone will be able to
assist me.  The questions are below.

1. Concerning shared workbooks, what is the difference
between Save vs. Save As?  How are multi-user edits
affected?

2. Why does User B receives an error message stating that
the shared workbook is locked by User A when User A is no
longer in the shared workbook.  In addition, when the
share workbook dialog box is viewed, User A's name appears
twice in the "who has this workbook open now field".

3  Is it possible to lock content but still allow other
users filtering and sorting privileges?

Thanks
xelement8
0
xelement8 (2)

Creating a subbook from a workbook.
Excel 2002. I have a master workbook that contains 75 sheets. Each sheet represents a territory. I have six persons, each of which is responsible for a subset of these 75 territories. I want to create six workbooks, that derive their data from the master workbook. Each of these workbooks will have about a dozen sheets, My question is this: How can I create these six workbooks such that the sheets in these workbooks point back to the sheets in the master workbook? I know how to make cells point to cells in other workbooks. But I want to make the whole sheet point to another shee...

Shared folders on a shared exchange 2003
I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the actual company. /C COZ <kofo@spamspamspam.org> wrote: >I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. >But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? >The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the >actual company. Make sure the "client permissions" you assign to the folder doesn't include the &...

Outlook problem #43
Hi When i try to synchronize my emails i receive error message saying something about "File saving was damaged use ScanDisk to repair this file" After this comes account and server name. ?? any suggestions ?? Scandisk or scanpst? If scanpst.exe, then what happened when you ran it? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head-scratching, Marcin Gajek asked this group: | Hi | When i tr...

Cannot copy & past beween workbooks
Hi, I have two workbooks open in the same Excel instance, but cannot copy and paste. The paste and paste special option is grayed out in the second workbook. Thank you for your help. Dunno why that would be, but if nothing else works you could try copying the particular worksheet temporarily into the destination workbook, copying from there and then deleting the copied worksheet. In Excel 2000 go through the Edit, move or copy sheet routine, and remember to cross the "create a copy" box. There is a problem I have come across with copying between workbooks, an...

Unprotecting password protected workbook
do we have a way by which we can break a password protected excel worksheet.....it doesnt open..it asks for password whenever i try to open it....thanks again -- Vnagpal ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Vnagpal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15104 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492344 See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/fileandvbapwords.html In article <Vnagpal.1zspem_1134169800.8444@excelforum-nospam.com>, Vnagpal <Vnagpal.1zspem_1134169800.8444@exc...

Shared Workbook Query
Hi, I have set up a shared workbook for 20+ users. I am aware that share workbooks in Excel (I have version 2002) have limited functionality an that you cannot for example merge cells. However, if there are merged cells in another worksheet and someon wants to copy across text (which includes merged cells) into the share workbook it removes the merged formatting. At present I have to take the share off the workbook and then cop across the data (which includes merged cells) then reshare the workboo so that the formatting is maintained. Is there any other way around this problem so that peo...

Match & Index function
Hello - I am trying to use the Match and index functions together. Typically, I have been able to match and pull in the data without a problem. But now that I am using a text file that I export into excel, I am running into problems. Basically, the formula won't work (even though I have tried trimming the data, changing all columns to text, general, and number. The only way that the formula works is when I copy and paste the actual reference cell into the reference array from the range that I am seeking to pull in the data. So for example, my formula reads: =INDEX(Sheet2!B:B,MATCH(Shee...

Active Directory user authentication problem
Hi There I have a piece of code that I am using to authenticate users of active directory, is very straightforward, here it is. IADsOpenDSObject *pDSO = NULL; //this is just a result code HRESULT hr = S_OK; hr = ADsGetObject(L"LDAP:", IID_IADsOpenDSObject, (void**) &pDSO); if (SUCCEEDED(hr)) { IDispatch *pDisp; hr = pDSO->OpenDSObject(CComBSTR("LDAP://uk.mycompany.com"), CComBSTR(username), CComBSTR(password), ADS_SECURE_AUTHENTICATION, &pDisp); } My problem is that the HRESULT error code returned when someone trys to login incorrec...

Sharing Calendar, can you share contacts too?
We have an administrative secretary, who maintains 3 high level administrator's calendars... we use outlook 2003 with exchange 2003, she opens their shared calendars and edits them... Maybe I'm overlooking a really simple answer... but is there a way she could similarly edit their personal address books (they all use palm pilots and want their own individual contact lists).... Any ideas appreciated... Thanks! Sure, just need to delegate rights to those folders and she can "Open Other user's Folder" and choose Contacts. "Ken Montgomery" <KenMontg...

Problems using GetFileVersionInfo
I'm trying to get the file's information from the VS_VERSIONINFO block. I added the header file "winver.h" and included the "version.lib" in the settings. I use the following to start with... // ---- code ----- void GetInfoDlg::GetFileInfo( LPCTSTR lpszFile ) { DWORD dwZero, dwInfoSize; dwInfoSize = GetFileVersionInfoSize( (LPTSTR)lpszFile, &dwZero ); if( dwInfoSize > 0 ) { LPBYTE lpBuf = new BYTE[dwInfoSize]; GetFileVersionInfo( (LPTSTR)lpszFile, 0, dwInfoSize, &lpBuffer ); // get info // TODO: Query the i...

CRM Mobile First Time registration problems
Well, I've tried everything in the troubleshooting guide3, and everything I can find on the forums/groups, but still no luck. I am trying to get CRM Mobile running for internal connection, installing on the CRM server itself. I have temporarily disabled certs and SSL, to allow for troubleshooting, and I also have a traffic tracer running. When I run CRM Mobile, it simply hangs while registering the device- it will sit there for 45 minutes, if I let it. When monitoring the traffic, I have seen that it successfully calls the /ssCERDA/ sqlcesa30.dll twice, and then it goes on to /CRMMobil...

Problem using '=' with System.Type
Hi I have the following code; ByVal MyType As Type Dim frame As StackFrame If frame.GetMethod().DeclaringType = MyType Then Problem is I am getting the "Operator '=' is not defined for types 'System.Type' and 'System.Type'." error on the last line. How can I fix this? Thanks Regards Am 23.03.2010 02:27, schrieb John: > Hi > > I have the following code; > > ByVal MyType As Type > Dim frame As StackFrame > If frame.GetMethod().DeclaringType = MyType Then > > Problem is I am getting the "Ope...

problem Backing up to thumb drives
When back up to a 4.0 gig cruzer lock thumb drive I get a dialog box that tells me "Money has filled the current disk" "Please insert Backup Disk 2 into the H:\ drive so that we may continue to build your backup." I have 2 of these drives, both have plenty of empty space available and the results are the same on both. I can use a 256 mb thumb drive to back up to without getting this message. Any ideas? Thanks, In microsoft.public.money, BJV wrote: >When back up to a 4.0 gig cruzer lock thumb drive I get a dialog box that >tells me "Money has filled the...

CToolTipCtrl problem
Hello, I need help, I'm trying use tool tip in list control, the problem is that tip must be changed for each item. How to do this? After tip is showed there is no other notifications from control when mouse was moved over another item in list control Thank you If you want to change the text, while the tooltip is displayed, you can use SetWindowText to change it.That means you will need to get hold of the control if you did not create it. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Raphael" <rafalski30@gazeta.pl> wrote in message news:EA00F864-5105-4C43-9912-8C1...

Sharing Outlook between profiles?
I am running a 2k server (no exchange server) and need the laptops that connect into the domain to be able to view and send emails when connected, and when disconnected. The laptops have just been reloaded after using Novell. The advantage of the novell client was that it used the same local profile for connecting into the domain, and when using the workstation only. With the 2k server however, it uses one profile for the domain, and one for the local workstation. This is where Outlook 2000 is falling over... Please help... ...

Portfolio Problem MS Money 2003
I have not been able to open portfolio part of money have been using for 2 years no problems started 2 days ago . When you try to open it looks like it starts to open but stays on what ever page your on . Will not open NEED HELP!!!!!!!! THANKS -- Gene In microsoft.public.money, Gene wrote: >I have not been able to open portfolio part of money have been using for 2 >years no problems started 2 days ago . When you try to open it looks like it >starts to open but stays on what ever page your on . Will not open NEED >HELP!!!!!!!! THANKS Try opening Money with Start-&...

Cannot share calendar
Hi I'm trying to setup a user so that she can view someone else's calendar. I have been able to give her access to other peoples calendars, however i can't give her access to one particular user. even though other people can access that particular users calendar. I have given her all the relevent permissions needed to do so in exchange 2000 and at the target machine, but still an error msg of "you do not have sufficiant permisions to view this item" is given. Don't know what else to do....HELP Thank you Don't grant permissions in the Exchange server its...

Item Wizard for Matrix Item, 2.0, Attributes Problem, Fix w/SQL co
Next on my list......when we used new item wizard in 1.2, and set attributes for a matrix item (always color, size and style, in our case), the computer automatically plugged those into the individual attribute field for each item. They then showed up on our label format (we have 3 boxes at the bottom where the color, size and style would be plugged into). After upgrading to 2.0, those attributes no longer go into the individual item fields automatically (although they do get plugged into the description). Any idea how to fix this? Ideally, I'd like them back on the label as well.....

Password protected workbooks
I have one master workbook that has sheets that are linked to 9 other workbooks. The other 9 workbooks have individual passwords. When I open the "master" workbook, I have to enter the other 9 workbook passwords. How do I get around that? Anybody? -- M.Stanley Create the 11th workbook that opens the first 9 (supplying the password) and then opens the master. Is it ok to open those other workbooks? Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myFileNames As Variant Dim myPWDs As Variant Dim iCtr As Long Dim testStr As String 'put all ten workbook names her...

Problem with the Report Data
I have created one Report using SRS and i am getting correct data from the query in the preview in Visual Studio .NET, but when i am trying to run the report after deploying it in MS CRM 3.0 no data is coming in the report. Any suggestions? Thanks. This almost cirtainly has to be a security role issue. If you create the report using filtered views and are logged in as administrator and join a few different views together to get your desired result, lets say: 1. You join the FilteredContact view with the FilteredAccount View. 2. You do this while logged in as administrator to the networ...

stopping the link of macros in one workbook with every other exce.

Resource sharing error
MS Project 2007 question / assistance needed - I created a separate project file for shared resources, filled in names of resources (techs), hourly rates, etc., etc, then saved the file as (named) "resources". When I try to share those resources in my current project, (tools>resource sharing>Share resources) and select the "resources from" the resources file, each resource then shows up in BOTH project’s resource files. Now all resources are showing up in both projects? Delete unwanted rows from one project, and they're deleted in BOTH projects. What...

calender sharing
I recently upgraded to XP op sys and alongwith it to MS Office 2003. In MS Office 2000, I used to share my private Outlook folders (Calendar, Contacts etc.) with my assistant . With this upgrade to MS Office, I lost the sharing ability. If I right click on any of these components (Calendar, Contacts etc.) the "Sharing" feature is shaded (disabled). How do I share these private folders? If you are talking about NetFolders then this feature was dropped after Outlook 2000 check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm for some options "KAH" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

Protecting all worksheets of a workbook
I have a workbook say Book1.xls with 12 worksheets say Rep1, Rep2, Rep3,...Rep12 for 12 different employees. These sheets are exactly similar in layout and format except data. I was able to select all sheets and 'lock' and 'hide' desired cells in each in one stroke. But locking and hiding of cells dont come into effect till I protect each sheet. I want to password protect each sheet with the same password. Is there a way to password protect all worksheets or the entire workbook in one go? The workbook Book1.xls along with other workbooks would be shared on a network driv...

Sharing the Entourage calendar
Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there a way to automate it so that it saves and uploads to my website? On 7/6/04 11:03 pm, in article fc11fd4e.0406071403.192a07bf@posting.google.com, "Michel" <michel@neray.com> wrote: > Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my > assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web > function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there...