Shared Workbook #14

How do I set up the files so that a file in the public drive (Read-only)
would be a mirror imgage of the file in the personal drive?  Would a shared
workbook work?
Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tom

Shared folders on a shared exchange 2003
I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the actual company. /C COZ <kofo@spamspamspam.org> wrote: >I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. >But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? >The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the >actual company. Make sure the "client permissions" you assign to the folder doesn't include the &...

Creating a subbook from a workbook.
Excel 2002. I have a master workbook that contains 75 sheets. Each sheet represents a territory. I have six persons, each of which is responsible for a subset of these 75 territories. I want to create six workbooks, that derive their data from the master workbook. Each of these workbooks will have about a dozen sheets, My question is this: How can I create these six workbooks such that the sheets in these workbooks point back to the sheets in the master workbook? I know how to make cells point to cells in other workbooks. But I want to make the whole sheet point to another shee...

Cannot copy & past beween workbooks
Hi, I have two workbooks open in the same Excel instance, but cannot copy and paste. The paste and paste special option is grayed out in the second workbook. Thank you for your help. Dunno why that would be, but if nothing else works you could try copying the particular worksheet temporarily into the destination workbook, copying from there and then deleting the copied worksheet. In Excel 2000 go through the Edit, move or copy sheet routine, and remember to cross the "create a copy" box. There is a problem I have come across with copying between workbooks, an...

Unprotecting password protected workbook
do we have a way by which we can break a password protected excel worksheet.....it doesnt open..it asks for password whenever i try to open it....thanks again -- Vnagpal ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Vnagpal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15104 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492344 See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/fileandvbapwords.html In article <Vnagpal.1zspem_1134169800.8444@excelforum-nospam.com>, Vnagpal <Vnagpal.1zspem_1134169800.8444@exc...

Sharing Calendar, can you share contacts too?
We have an administrative secretary, who maintains 3 high level administrator's calendars... we use outlook 2003 with exchange 2003, she opens their shared calendars and edits them... Maybe I'm overlooking a really simple answer... but is there a way she could similarly edit their personal address books (they all use palm pilots and want their own individual contact lists).... Any ideas appreciated... Thanks! Sure, just need to delegate rights to those folders and she can "Open Other user's Folder" and choose Contacts. "Ken Montgomery" <KenMontg...

Shared Workbook Query
Hi, I have set up a shared workbook for 20+ users. I am aware that share workbooks in Excel (I have version 2002) have limited functionality an that you cannot for example merge cells. However, if there are merged cells in another worksheet and someon wants to copy across text (which includes merged cells) into the share workbook it removes the merged formatting. At present I have to take the share off the workbook and then cop across the data (which includes merged cells) then reshare the workboo so that the formatting is maintained. Is there any other way around this problem so that peo...

Sharing Outlook between profiles?
I am running a 2k server (no exchange server) and need the laptops that connect into the domain to be able to view and send emails when connected, and when disconnected. The laptops have just been reloaded after using Novell. The advantage of the novell client was that it used the same local profile for connecting into the domain, and when using the workstation only. With the 2k server however, it uses one profile for the domain, and one for the local workstation. This is where Outlook 2000 is falling over... Please help... ...

Cannot share calendar
Hi I'm trying to setup a user so that she can view someone else's calendar. I have been able to give her access to other peoples calendars, however i can't give her access to one particular user. even though other people can access that particular users calendar. I have given her all the relevent permissions needed to do so in exchange 2000 and at the target machine, but still an error msg of "you do not have sufficiant permisions to view this item" is given. Don't know what else to do....HELP Thank you Don't grant permissions in the Exchange server its...

Password protected workbooks
I have one master workbook that has sheets that are linked to 9 other workbooks. The other 9 workbooks have individual passwords. When I open the "master" workbook, I have to enter the other 9 workbook passwords. How do I get around that? Anybody? -- M.Stanley Create the 11th workbook that opens the first 9 (supplying the password) and then opens the master. Is it ok to open those other workbooks? Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myFileNames As Variant Dim myPWDs As Variant Dim iCtr As Long Dim testStr As String 'put all ten workbook names her...

stopping the link of macros in one workbook with every other exce.

Resource sharing error
MS Project 2007 question / assistance needed - I created a separate project file for shared resources, filled in names of resources (techs), hourly rates, etc., etc, then saved the file as (named) "resources". When I try to share those resources in my current project, (tools>resource sharing>Share resources) and select the "resources from" the resources file, each resource then shows up in BOTH project’s resource files. Now all resources are showing up in both projects? Delete unwanted rows from one project, and they're deleted in BOTH projects. What...

calender sharing
I recently upgraded to XP op sys and alongwith it to MS Office 2003. In MS Office 2000, I used to share my private Outlook folders (Calendar, Contacts etc.) with my assistant . With this upgrade to MS Office, I lost the sharing ability. If I right click on any of these components (Calendar, Contacts etc.) the "Sharing" feature is shaded (disabled). How do I share these private folders? If you are talking about NetFolders then this feature was dropped after Outlook 2000 check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm for some options "KAH" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

Protecting all worksheets of a workbook
I have a workbook say Book1.xls with 12 worksheets say Rep1, Rep2, Rep3,...Rep12 for 12 different employees. These sheets are exactly similar in layout and format except data. I was able to select all sheets and 'lock' and 'hide' desired cells in each in one stroke. But locking and hiding of cells dont come into effect till I protect each sheet. I want to password protect each sheet with the same password. Is there a way to password protect all worksheets or the entire workbook in one go? The workbook Book1.xls along with other workbooks would be shared on a network driv...

Sharing the Entourage calendar
Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there a way to automate it so that it saves and uploads to my website? On 7/6/04 11:03 pm, in article fc11fd4e.0406071403.192a07bf@posting.google.com, "Michel" <michel@neray.com> wrote: > Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my > assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web > function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there...

Lookup data in other workbook
hi. i want to know if it possible get values to a sheet from another workbook sheet. How i can do this. Thanks! Yes it is. You either link directly =[Timesheet.xls]Summary!$A$2 or evne use VLOOKUP =VLOOKUP(A1,[Timesheet.xls]Data!$A$2:$C$5,2,FALSE) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Pasmatos" <Pasmatos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83CA8162-CA09-46AB-9CE4-0BD2B3EBE44A@microsoft.com... > hi. > > i want to know if it possible get values to a sheet from another workbook > sheet. > How i can do this. >...

Connecting to a shared SSRS data source from BIDS
I'm just starting out using BIDS and creating reports in general. I've been using Report Builder and have no trouble accessing a shared SSRS data source by specifying the Report Server (http://<Server>/ReportServer) in the Options...Settings, from there I can view and use any predefined data source in a report. How do I specify in BIDS that I wish to use a preconfigured shared data source from SSRS, I can't see any obvious option. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks David David, Hopefully when you connect your report to a shared datasource in design t...

RemoteApp is the solution to share .pst files
RemoteApp in Server 2008 is the solution to share .pst files over in local network or the internet! At last, no need for Exchange. ss. Alas, still not supported for .psts on a network share. Use at your own = risk. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 "Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMsyndrome.me.uk> wrote in message = news:%23sexHtIuIHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... RemoteApp in Server 2008 is the solution to share .pst fi...

shared workbook
I have a shared workbook. Once in a while, I cannot uncheck the allow changes by more than one user at the same time. This option in the shared workbook under the tools menu is grayed out. Other times this option is available. Can someone please tell me why this option becomes unavailable. ...

Share your Sharing Wisdom
I hope someone can help me out here. In my Outlook I have tons of subordinate folders within Outlook Today and my Inbox. I literally have 104 to be exact. My question is how can I share all of these to another user so they can access EVERYTHING? I know how to give them permission and add my account to their Outlook view but how can I apply permissions to all of the folders instead of doing them one by one? Please help me if you can. I'm scared of the possibility of a daunting task the looms in my forecast. I sincerely appreciate any and all effort one provides in resolving...

hide/close/delete shared account
(bear with me. i'm new and although this is my second time trying to set up money, i've run into the same problem and have yet to find the answer in the forum.) i have four bank accounts and one is shared with a family member. i don't want this account to show up at all in money essentials. i tried "closing" it. i tried "hiding" it. i tried "deleting" it. but each time i go back to "categorize my transactions," transactions from that account are still there. The problem here is that Money is designed (and Money Essentials (MEss) even ...

Macro error when file is shared
I have a macro that works fine when the file is not shared, but when it is shared I get "Run-time error '1004': AdvancedFilter method of Range class failed". Can you not run macros in a shared file ? My macro is show below: Sub processdrg() ' ' processdrg Macro ' Macro recorded 8/24/2005 by EDreshfield ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+d ' Range("drgcode").AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, CopyToRange:=Range( _ "drg"), Unique:=True Application.Goto Reference:="drgextract" Range("drgextract"...

stopping the link of macros in one workbook with every other exce. #2
I want to stop all links from one macro in a workbook to all others. how do I do this? ...

Resource Sharing
I have a project named Resources.mpp. I share it accross many other projects. The other projects have many task names that are the same. When looking at the resource.mpp file, how do I know which project the tasks are coming from if they all have the same name? Hi Ben, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :) Try Inserting the column for "Project" in the appropriate view. FAQs, companion products and other useful Project information can be seen at this web address: http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm Hope this helps - please let us know how you get on :) ...

Cannot share calendars
We are using Small Business Server 2003 with Exchange. When we open up Outlook 2003 the "Share My Calendar" link is not visible in the Navigation pane, even though we are using the Exchange server that came with SBS 2003. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Daryl ...

Sharing Violations
I am in an office that has a novell server setup. I am able to access excel files on the server, but if I try to save an excel file to the server, I get a sharing violation message and my file is saved as a temporary file. This problem began occuring this week - prior to that time I had no problems. No other application we use, including other Office applications is affected by this. I checked network settings and it appears that they are all set correctly. Has anyone else experienced this type problem? Have you checked to make sure that you have the Novell assigned rights to save to the...