shared html worksheet unavailable

When trying to open a shared html worksheet, I get the
following error message:

"TOC.htm is locked for editing

by 'another user'.
Click 'Notify' to open a read-only copy of the document
and receive notification when the document is no longer in
use."

I've tried this on multiple computers, and it has been
happening for at least a week.  This file is updated
periodically, and because of this message we can't update
it.  I get the same error message on the computer the file
was originally created on as well.
Help and suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks!

jeremy cooley

When this file was in use by someone, their system
crashed & has locked the file. About the only thing you
can do is rename the file. Then you want to go to Tools,
Share workbook. That way it shouldn't lock up if
someone's pc crashes. At least that's what I've had to do
when I ran into this problem.

0
cindy9975 (3)
8/14/2003 4:31:48 PM
Thank you Cindy, that solved the problem!

jeremy

Copy table text to Excel worksheet
I'm using Office XP and am putting text I typed in tables from Word into an Excel spreadsheet due to the columns expanding way beyond 11x17, Word's maximum width I believe. I set up my Excel spreadsheet columns to be wide enough to accept the text (8 columns across) but after copying, it put it all in the first column. Aside from copying each block of text individually, is there a quick way to do this? thanks so much, Regina Hi Regina yes, select your first column and choose data / text to columns you can then choose how your data is separated etc - if this doesn't work well...

Shared folders on a shared exchange 2003
I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the actual company. /C COZ <kofo@spamspamspam.org> wrote: >I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. >But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? >The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the >actual company. Make sure the "client permissions" you assign to the folder doesn't include the &...

Sharing Calendar, can you share contacts too?
We have an administrative secretary, who maintains 3 high level administrator's calendars... we use outlook 2003 with exchange 2003, she opens their shared calendars and edits them... Maybe I'm overlooking a really simple answer... but is there a way she could similarly edit their personal address books (they all use palm pilots and want their own individual contact lists).... Any ideas appreciated... Thanks! Sure, just need to delegate rights to those folders and she can "Open Other user's Folder" and choose Contacts. "Ken Montgomery" <KenMontg...

Shared Workbook Query
Hi, I have set up a shared workbook for 20+ users. I am aware that share workbooks in Excel (I have version 2002) have limited functionality an that you cannot for example merge cells. However, if there are merged cells in another worksheet and someon wants to copy across text (which includes merged cells) into the share workbook it removes the merged formatting. At present I have to take the share off the workbook and then cop across the data (which includes merged cells) then reshare the workboo so that the formatting is maintained. Is there any other way around this problem so that peo...

Forwarding HTML Email
I have an email that is in HTML format, that I wish to forward. However, when I simply forward it, the formatting is lost. How can I preserve the formatting when forwarding? ...

Sharing Outlook between profiles?
I am running a 2k server (no exchange server) and need the laptops that connect into the domain to be able to view and send emails when connected, and when disconnected. The laptops have just been reloaded after using Novell. The advantage of the novell client was that it used the same local profile for connecting into the domain, and when using the workstation only. With the 2k server however, it uses one profile for the domain, and one for the local workstation. This is where Outlook 2000 is falling over... Please help... ...

Cannot share calendar
Hi I'm trying to setup a user so that she can view someone else's calendar. I have been able to give her access to other peoples calendars, however i can't give her access to one particular user. even though other people can access that particular users calendar. I have given her all the relevent permissions needed to do so in exchange 2000 and at the target machine, but still an error msg of "you do not have sufficiant permisions to view this item" is given. Don't know what else to do....HELP Thank you Don't grant permissions in the Exchange server its...

Handling HTML events using MFC/C++ #2
Hello guys! I have following situation: I created application and embedded Microsoft Web Browser ActiveX, so I can modify HTML content, iterate through element collections (suppose I have button with id="myButton" - I already can change its caption, change elements, pictures, etc.). The problem is that I can not capture events from within the ActiveX control (here: Web Browser). There is a HTMLElementEvent2 interface, but I don't know how to create my own implementation of Event Sink. Please look at code below and help me with this, or point to proper paper or sample code. Help...

Protecting all worksheets of a workbook
I have a workbook say Book1.xls with 12 worksheets say Rep1, Rep2, Rep3,...Rep12 for 12 different employees. These sheets are exactly similar in layout and format except data. I was able to select all sheets and 'lock' and 'hide' desired cells in each in one stroke. But locking and hiding of cells dont come into effect till I protect each sheet. I want to password protect each sheet with the same password. Is there a way to password protect all worksheets or the entire workbook in one go? The workbook Book1.xls along with other workbooks would be shared on a network driv...

calender sharing
I recently upgraded to XP op sys and alongwith it to MS Office 2003. In MS Office 2000, I used to share my private Outlook folders (Calendar, Contacts etc.) with my assistant . With this upgrade to MS Office, I lost the sharing ability. If I right click on any of these components (Calendar, Contacts etc.) the "Sharing" feature is shaded (disabled). How do I share these private folders? If you are talking about NetFolders then this feature was dropped after Outlook 2000 check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm for some options "KAH" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

Resource sharing error
MS Project 2007 question / assistance needed - I created a separate project file for shared resources, filled in names of resources (techs), hourly rates, etc., etc, then saved the file as (named) "resources". When I try to share those resources in my current project, (tools>resource sharing>Share resources) and select the "resources from" the resources file, each resource then shows up in BOTH project’s resource files. Now all resources are showing up in both projects? Delete unwanted rows from one project, and they're deleted in BOTH projects. What...

search and replace in outlook <html> tags
After importing messages from eudora to OE to Outlook XP. Some messages have <html> tags in them. What can I do to remove these tags? ...

Emailing worksheet
How do I email one worksheet within a multi-work sheet excel spreadsheet? Copy the Worksheet you want to send off to another file and mail that other file. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Tina" wrote: > How do I email one worksheet within a multi-work sheet excel spreadsheet? You can send a worksheet as the body of an email. Or you can copy the sheet to a new book and send as an attachment. Just about all email problems can be solved by visiting Ron de Bruin's site. http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm Ron also has a free s...

Multiple worksheet consolidation
Hi there, I have a workbook that is starting to drive me insane. There are 5 worksheets that pertain to one main worksheet. The 5 have physical ID's in Column A assigning information in Column B. These are referenced in the main sheet but have to be typed in physically. Is there no way to automate this? Also I have a datasheet that has all the information in it and needs to be displayed using these 5 worksheets in the main sheet. E.g. Worksheet 1 - Indicator ID(ColA) - Fire(ColB), Worksheet 2 - Division ID(Col A) Divisions(ColB), Worksheet 3 - Operations ID(ColA) Operations(Col...

html source code into Excel
Can anyone tell me how to (in VBA) get the source code for a web page into a string so that I can parse it? Note: I can't use a Query Table for this part as the data I need is imbedded into an href. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Paul ...

Connecting to a shared SSRS data source from BIDS
I'm just starting out using BIDS and creating reports in general. I've been using Report Builder and have no trouble accessing a shared SSRS data source by specifying the Report Server (http://<Server>/ReportServer) in the Options...Settings, from there I can view and use any predefined data source in a report. How do I specify in BIDS that I wish to use a preconfigured shared data source from SSRS, I can't see any obvious option. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks David David, Hopefully when you connect your report to a shared datasource in design t...

Sharing the Entourage calendar
Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there a way to automate it so that it saves and uploads to my website? On 7/6/04 11:03 pm, in article fc11fd4e.0406071403.192a07bf@posting.google.com, "Michel" <michel@neray.com> wrote: > Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my > assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web > function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there...

Incorporating 2 different worksheets
Could I get help in incorporating data from 2 different worksheets into one graph. Does anyone know if this is even possible. I've tried holding CTRL and selecting another worksheet but Excel won't let me. Is there a manual way to type in the cell ranges? Thanks -- miteeka Try doing the graph for the first sheet, then copy the data on the second sheet and paste it onto the chart -- John MOS Master Instructor Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders) "miteeka" wrote: > Could I get help in incorporating data f...

Chart links not updated when copying two worksheets
I thought I posted this but don't see it on the list. I'll try again, may be the operator, maybe the same problem I am having with Excel. : ) I have two worksheets, one is called Charts and the other called Data. I need to make mulitple copies of these two charts for seperate data sets. I want the charts links to follow to the new data worksheet like the cell formulas do. This is what I do: <Cntrl Right click> to hightlight both worksheets Right click on the tabs and select Move/Copy check the copy box Create new copies that have the names Chart (2) and Data (2) The Ce...

shared workbook
I have a shared workbook. Once in a while, I cannot uncheck the allow changes by more than one user at the same time. This option in the shared workbook under the tools menu is grayed out. Other times this option is available. Can someone please tell me why this option becomes unavailable. ...

RemoteApp is the solution to share .pst files
RemoteApp in Server 2008 is the solution to share .pst files over in local network or the internet! At last, no need for Exchange. ss. Alas, still not supported for .psts on a network share. Use at your own = risk. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 "Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMsyndrome.me.uk> wrote in message = news:%23sexHtIuIHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... RemoteApp in Server 2008 is the solution to share .pst fi...

locking down the position of html code fragments
Hi, Im using MS Publisher 2003 v 11.0.5614.0 I have inserted an html code fragment onto a web page ... when I publish and view with IE6 on a 17 inch screen - everything works fine .... BUT if I view it using IE6 on a 15 inch screen the html fragment positions itself relative to the screen size ... and not relative to where I placed in my design. Is there something I can do (i.e. add some command to the html code fragment) to ensure the code fragment stays where I put it? Thanks ...

can bin range for histograms be on a different worksheet?
I'm doing the histograms for a bunch of test data like I've done the past few years. However, I have a new machine and new version of office (Office 2004 X)... So, I have all the data on one work sheet- it's 1800+ rows, and I use auto-filter to pare down to the sub-sets I want to histogram. Here is the problem, however. I used to have a worksheet to put the bin ranges on. It used to work just fine that way. Now, however, it appears to not like the bin range reference if it refers to other than the worksheet with the data? That sucks if it's true, and will make Exc...

Share your Sharing Wisdom
I hope someone can help me out here. In my Outlook I have tons of subordinate folders within Outlook Today and my Inbox. I literally have 104 to be exact. My question is how can I share all of these to another user so they can access EVERYTHING? I know how to give them permission and add my account to their Outlook view but how can I apply permissions to all of the folders instead of doing them one by one? Please help me if you can. I'm scared of the possibility of a daunting task the looms in my forecast. I sincerely appreciate any and all effort one provides in resolving...

hide/close/delete shared account
(bear with me. i'm new and although this is my second time trying to set up money, i've run into the same problem and have yet to find the answer in the forum.) i have four bank accounts and one is shared with a family member. i don't want this account to show up at all in money essentials. i tried "closing" it. i tried "hiding" it. i tried "deleting" it. but each time i go back to "categorize my transactions," transactions from that account are still there. The problem here is that Money is designed (and Money Essentials (MEss) even ...