shade one cell that will shade multiple cells

I want to shade one cell that would go into other cell by it's self

Not easy to do. You will require custom VBA code to do that. Are you Ok with
macros?
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Walt" wrote:

> I want to shade one cell that would go into other cell by it's self

dropdownlist selection changed
I have a cell where I have put data validation in. The validation is a selection from a list. I want to gery out a cell when a certain value is selected in the list. Can I do this? Do I have to use a combo box and a macro instead? You can use conditional formatting on the other cell. For example, to grey out cell E3, if "No" is selected in cell D3: Select cell E3 Choose Format>Conditional Formatting From the first dropdown, choose Formula Is In the formula box, type: =D3="No" Click the Format button On the Patterns tab, select the grey colour Click OK, click OK. J...

Matching cells #5
Niek, Help! (See my original "matching cells" posting dated June 17). I've changed my spreadsheet: Column A (formerly containing 60,000 cells) is now Column B (containing 59,414 cells) and Column B is now Column I. Accordingly, I've changed your formula to: =IF(VLOOKUP(B1,$I$1:$I$59414,1)=B1,B1,"") But now, the data in Column I is NOT being moved down to the matching cells in Column B. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Gary ...

All in one peripherals?
Is anyone using an "all in one" card reader, pin pad, signature capture device. If so what is the make/model and your opinion of the device. None of these work with RMS out of the box. TPI Software has a tendering add-in that allows the use of the Ingenico Entouch 1000 - see http://www.tpisoft.com for details, or call your reseller for assistance. -- -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all ca...

Column charts with multiple data in each column
I have five months worth of data that contains a product and their quantity used. I need a column chart that has the months on the x axis and the proportion of the product in each column for each month. When I try to make the chart it throws all the data for all the months into one fat column. Can anyone help?!? How are your data laid out? A cross-table with products (or months) as column headings and months (or products) as row headings? If so, a 100% stacked column chart should do the job. If you have data in a single table form, i.e., column headings are month, product, and qu...

Lookups with multiple records
Is there a way to create a lookup field, and have that field return multiple records? If not, does anyone have some other suggestions about how I may be able to accomplish this? Thanks, Brian I am looking to do the same thing, if not the other possibility is to create a csutome entity to relate the 2 entities then add an iFrame which will display a view which filters out all that are not realted to that entity. I have not been able to get this to work yet either though. "Brian" wrote: > Is there a way to create a lookup field, and have that field return multiple > rec...

remove shading when printing
I have a form in excel that has the unlocked cells (the ones to be filled out) shaded so they stand out to the user. (FWIW, the form is an application for services) When this form prints, I would like it to print simply with no highlighted cells showing. I want the text the user entered to show, but the background to not show. Secondly, I have a combo box in the upper left corner of the form called "choose office". The user selects the office, and based on the updates, the Address and phone/fax fields are filled in on the bottom of the form. I do not want this combo box ...

copying wkshts from one workbook to another
I am having trouble getting my code for copying worksheets from one workbook to another to work. Here is my code in its entirety: Sub Save_Report() Dim rngAllFiles(), rngSelectFiles(), m, fileSaveName, wkshtName As Variant Dim a, s, i As Integer Dim newBook As Object rngAllFiles = Array("1 Cover.xls", "2 Table of Contents.xls", "3 Top Ten.xls", "4 FX Impact.xls", "5A MTD IS.xls", "5B QTD IS.xls", "5C YTD IS.xls", "6 Sales-Internal.xls", "7 Sales-WS.xls", "8A MTD GM.xls", "8B QTD GM.xls&...

Linking incremental cells from another worksheet
I am trying to link every fith cell in a column to sequential lines on my main worksheet. The formula I am using for the first cell link is =+'Master Query'!$F2 and I want the next cell to have the formula =+'Master Query'!$F7, the next =+'Master Query'!$F12, etc... for 500 lines. Anyone have ideas on how I can do this will minimal manual typing. Assuming your formulas are located in F2, F7, and F12: highlight and copy F2:F12. Paste this into F17, which will provide formulas for F22 and F27. Highlight and copy F2:F27 and paste into F32. Highlight and copy F2:F...

Modified Linked Cells
I have a large spreadsheet that is linked to several source files unfortuntely over the past six months usrs have modded this file b adding values to links to get the reporting value as required ie =(LINK) has now become =(LINK)+100 is there a fairly easy way of identifying those cells that have bee changed in this manner. I have used the GET.CELL function combined with conditional formatting but as I expected this just notified me that all my cells wer formulae. I looked at .HasFormula in VBA. I'm not looking frward to reviewing every cell individuall -- Message posted from http://w...

one user cannot receive email
Hi I have exchange 2000. One of my user using outlook 2003 has tried to send a email with a attachment of 500 MB. apparently the mail didn't go through but jammed her mailbox. I went in and deleted her sent items but still no use. She is not getting any emails in her inbox from that time. I can see emails coming to her through my spam firewall but i don't see them in her inbox. How to fix this problem? Due to this, my OWA has stopped working, how to fix this? kpm Stop and restart all exchange services. Have you user write "I promise never to send attachments over 5MB.&quo...

combine multiple recs into one with repeating fields
I have a file with beneficiary names for life insurance. The input file has multiple names for the member. The file format I need to load into our system has one record per member, but has repeating fields such as name1, name2, name3, pct1, pct2, pct3. I don't know how to do this in Access and I'm not great with VBA code. Try this -- SELECT ccount, name1 AS Benificary, pct1 AS Percent FROM YourTable UNION ALL SELECT ccount, name2 AS Benificary, pct2 AS Percent FROM YourTable WHERE name2 Is Not Null AND pct2 Is Not Null UNION ALL SELECT ccount, name3 AS Benificary, pct3...

cell displays 0 when formula is valid
I have a VLOOKUP. The wizard box shows the formula result but it appears as "0" in the cell. Formatting is general. Why doesn't the result display in the cell? Please post your formula, inputs and expected result -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "jto" <jto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8824D2CD-40AC-4F39-B6F2-A23BC703883F@microsoft.com... >I have a VLOOKUP. The wizard box shows the formula result but it appears >as > "0" in the cell. Formatting is general. Why doesn't the resu...

How can I use a cell reference in Sumproduct array formula?
I have a table with dates down the and employee numbers across the top. I have SUMPRODUCT formulas in all the cells to gather data from named arrays from a database in the spreadsheet. I'd like to avoid munually changing (either individually or with REPLACE) date and employee number references in each formula in each cell. my formula looks like: {=SUMPRODUCT((Date=DATEVALUE("11/4/04"))*(Audempno=33758)*(Units))} also, I used a previous suggestion from this forum on another similar spreadsheet (successfully...for fiscal 3/05)with copying the whole spreadsheet and changing the d...

Investigating multiple copies being sent
Hi guys I'm working on this issue too and I understand it's being looked at internally. Can you tell me, is anyone reporting this issue who does NOT have an anti-virus program installed? I have been reading a lot of reports about people using McAfee and one report about using Symantec 7.1 I have never had this issue until recently when I started connecting to the net using my office connection. Can you tell me, are the users experiencing this all connecting to the net through a server (Win2k or 2k3 Server? I have also noticed that it is during periods of high usage. Would it be poss...

How to create 2 separate indexex to one doc??
Hi I'd like to create 2 indexes to one document in Word 97, I've already made one but the second one mixes with the previous and I want them separate, what can I do? On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 02:05:01 -0800, lumtecua <lumtecua@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi >I'd like to create 2 indexes to one document in Word 97, I've already made >one but the second one mixes with the previous and I want them separate, what >can I do? There are two separate mechanisms for inserting multiple indexes in a document. You didn't explain enough to tell whi...

Multiple Records, one for each day of the week, One Employee, One
I have a database that has a daily input form. My employers now want this form changed so that it allows input for a week per person. I want to keep my table on a daily basis so I have put subforms for each of the days of the week on one form. I now need to find out a way of telling each of these subforms what day of the week they represent and be able to grab that record. Some of the days will not have any input and I would like to keep the database from saving null or 0 hour days. When I go to the next person, I need to be able to have 7 clean days, so when I push the next record...

Shades of Grey
I am trying to create a bar chart with black and shades of grey. The black prints as a medium grey and a light grey prints as white. Is this an Excel problem or a printer problem? I would say it was a printer problem - have you go the printer set to 'draft' as that makes black a light gray. Try changing it to an image setting and see if that changes the shades of gray -- John MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003 Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders) "Silver" wrote: > I am trying to create a ...

Removing Duplicates from multiple worksheets
Hi I need to remove duplicates from multiple wotrksheets and then give me the results in one final worksheet. Stack it up manually into a single sheet (a one-time copy/paste effort, doable in 1/2 min). Then create a pivot on the stacked data, place the col header into both ROW and DATA areas (set to Count in DATA), finish up the wizard. voila, you're done in another 10 seconds. Any joy? hit the YES below -- Max Singapore --- "J.S. Will" wrote: > Hi I need to remove duplicates from multiple worksheets and then give me the > results in one final worksheet...

when i press up arrow key then cell is not going up but whole shee
Press Scroll Lock once more -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "tushar patel" <tushar patel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68F337E2-093B-4852-886F-3914AA4DA195@microsoft.com... | ...

Making a user appear in one address list but not the other
Hi All We have exchange 2003, a global address list and then another address list we set up called suppliers. Can we make an email address appear in the suppliers address list BUT NOT in the global address list. If we hide it it hides from both Thanks in advance Mark Try these: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319213/en-us http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822940/en-us Nue "Marka" <Marka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:035078B5-F624-4294-A6B0-06EAE0594FF4@microsoft.com... > Hi All > > We have exchange 2003, a global address list and then anoth...

multiple email accounts in Outlook 2002
Hello: I am new to using newsgroups, so this is my second posting of the same issue. I failed to include my return email in my first posting. My problem has to do with Outlook 2002 on Microsoft XP. I have set up email accounts for each of the four users on my computer, and have had no problem. However, when I went to set up a second email account for one of the users, I find I am unable to retrieve emails for that second account. My DSL provider, SBC, informs me that Outlook 2002 has problems using more than one email account, and that I need to contact Microsoft. Can you tell m...

calendar shading
Is there a way to shade the bars that appear on a printed calendar so it is more readable? The way my Outlook 2000 is printing currently it is difficult to read. Dave French I'm not sure which bars you're referring to, so I can't answer your question directly. But many people find that the built in print styles in Outlook don't meet their needs. You might want to take a look at some free Word templates that use your Outlook calendar data to create a calendar in Word, which you can then customize to your liking. I personally use My Outlook Calendar and am very pleased wit...

help! money 2005
I last used Money 3 days ago. Today I open it up and one of the accounts is missing! There are 4 accounts at the same bank - one checking, one savings for each of 2 accounts. I open up Money this morning and my main checking account is simply gone. The savings account is there and the other account is fine. I tried "standard" repair which said it was successful, but account is still missing! Using a backup copy (not "backup") from 2 days ago and one from 3 days ago (different drive) all have file missing, which leads me to believe it's a Money problem. Any i...

Multiple Background Shades in Graph
Hi, I'm trying to create graph with multiple background shades. i.e if i were trying to create a graph of the price of a stock, when the stock has had an upward trend the background would be a different color than that of when the stock has had a downward trend. Also if the colors of the background would only be on top of the stock plot. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, ask72883 ...

how to shade a paragraph with bullets without gaps in the shade
I want to highlight paragraphs with colour and border. When the paragraph inlcudes a sentence and a bulleted list the shading has a gap. How can i get the shade to surround the whole paragraph? A single paragraph cannot include a bulleted list - at least not using the bullet and numbers facility. You would need to use Shift enter and mock up your list with bullet characters and tabs. You can then treat the resulting block as a single paragraph. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Gra...