setup formula to calculate random dates

Hi all,
I am trying to setup a formula to calculate employees terminated each months.
I hate doing this and it sucks.
I have a employee spreadsheets and it contains all the users (hire date,
termination date). the data is enter in different columns.

At the end of the month, I need to know how many employees are teminated.
I have another column by months (Jan, Feb, .... December)
I need to calculate how many people were layed off each month.

Thanks for all your help.
0
iceman (4)

Try Sorting by the Month Column and then using Data | Subtotals to Count the
Entries in the Terminated Column every time the Month Column changes.

tj

"Iceman" wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am trying to setup a formula to calculate employees terminated each months.
> I hate doing this and it sucks.
> I have a employee spreadsheets and it contains all the users (hire date,
> termination date). the data is enter in different columns.
>
> At the end of the month, I need to know how many employees are teminated.
> I have another column by months (Jan, Feb, .... December)
> I need to calculate how many people were layed off each month.
>
> Thanks for all your help.
0
tjtjjtjt (488)

Page Setup
Hi, I have a problem with Excel XP in that when I preview a page which is in Landscape, it automatically displays as portrait. When I resize it, it goes back to landscape but then back to portarit again ! Any ideas ? Many thanks. Colin. If you change printer drivers, does it happen? If no, then I'd download a newer/fresh printer driver for that troublesome printer. Any chance you have some helpful macro jumping in to fix the page setup for you? If you open the workbook with macros disabled, does it still happen? Colin wrote: > > Hi, > > I have a problem with Excel X...

The best Exchange setup in a small hosting setup
I need to set up at small hosting setup where the users can access their email through RPC-HTTPS and webmail. But what do I need? One ISA server? One front-end server? One back-end server? Some clustering or is it overkill? Best Regards Martin - You can do it with as little as a single Exchange server and a firewall. - In a single server environment, FE/BE topology doesn't really buy you much... - Clustering can be an overkill or not, depending on what your goals are. If high-availability is a valued goal, you could look at clustering (and the investments that go with a clustered ...

entering date in access records
hello everyone, I have this following problem. I have a access database with thousands of records. The problem now is I want to enter the same date into all those records, how can I do it in one shot? thanks, -- hanamichi Create a new query using the table that needs to be updated. From the query grid, click QUERY in the menu and select UPDATE QUERY In the query grid, select the date field as the field to update as the first colum and in teh UPDATE TO row in the current column set the update value to Now() Since you're updating all records, no criteria is necessary. Clic...

formula percentage problem
Hi everyone. This is my first post. I am a relatively new user of excel I am able to devise simple formula {eg. =sum(A1+B1)] but I now have th need for something way outside my ability and I was hoping someon might be able to help. I am developing a spreadsheet to monitor share trading. I want one o the fields to represent the current imputed per annum percentage gai or loss of a trade. In other words I have bought but not yet sold th shares but I want to know what itheir p.a. percentage increase o decrease would be if I sold today at their current price. In simple terms here is an example...

Converting date from an external source
I am having an issued with converting a date from external data source. the data has the timestamp in the general date form mm/dd/yyyy 00:00:00. I want to convert the date to mm/dd/yyyy format so when i run a query for a single day it will return the data for that date, I can currently return the data but i have to set the parameter in the mm/dd/yyyy 00:00:00 format, i want to simply return the data by setting the parameter in the mm/dd/yyyy format Don't confuse how data is stored with how it is presented. As long as you import the date into a field defined as a Date data type, you...

easy one
I'm sure this is easy as pie for you guys - I'm creating a boxing scorecard and I’ve hit the wall. Cells b2:b13 and c2:c13 are where the scores go. I have the following formula in c2 =if(b2=10,9,10) that will cha column c to what I want. What I'm looking for is a second formula that will put a zero in column c when I put a zero in column b and still adhere to the rules of the first formula when applicable. Also, I can’t figure out an autosum function that will only add the cells with a "10" and not sum all of the 10’s. So, a total of rounds won. I can get 12 wi...

Help with a range formula
Hello, In my spreadsheet I have a percent listed in C20 (206%), this is the salespersons percent to quota. Below I have a chart that breaks down the salespersons payout based on that percent Sales Bonus Schedule: Percent to Quota Bonus N1 10-19% N2 $125 O1 20-39% O2 $500 P1 40-99% P2 $1,500 Q1 100-199% Q2 $2,000 R1 200-400% R2 $5,000 S1 401% and above S2 $10,000 In D20 I would like to return the amount of the bonus based on the percen...

excel page setup
Hello, I have a spreadsheet and I am using cells a:k50, but when I go to see the end of my spreadsheet it tells me I have used cells a:ak 295. I have 35 sheets like this and is is making the file bigger than it has to be. I have tried deleting, clear, page preview setup but nothing seems to clear and make my page a1: k53. Any suggestions. Thank You Select the row following the end of your data. Ctrl+Shift+Down Arrow to select all rows beyond your data and Edit>Delete. Select the column following the end of your data. Ctrl+Shift+Right Arrow (US) to select all columns beyond your data...

Outcomes dependant on formula
Hi There I developed a time sheet for my organisation using Excel recently. Since d= oing this there has been a policy change that I'd like to incorporate into = the time sheet. We work on a Flexi system where we can build up hours to t= ake time off later. We would like it changed to where after a four week pe= riod if someone has more than a certain amount of hourse that they would lo= ose the excess. Basically I work full time so I can carry 21 hours, however if I have 23 ho= urs at the end of a four week period it would automatically reduce to 21 ho= urs. =20 The problem I have i...

Deleting multiple rows through a formula
So does anyone know a formula that will allow me to delete multiple rows of re-occuring data in a spreadsheet. For example, I have a spreadsheet of 10,000 lines, with multiple mobile numbers on it. I need to only have one of each mobile number and delete the remaining rows where the mobile has been repeated? Mike you may be able to use the advance filter where can select unique records only. select data filter advanced filter select copy to another location then in list range box enter range to filter in the copy to box enter a free column select unique records only then ok then just ...

Formula Error #2
Hi Using Excel - In column A I can enter 4 different cash values e.g. 30 / 13 / 10 / 5 using the formula in column B/C/D/E =IF(A3=Rate_30,A3,"") 30 shows in the cell B3 cells C3 / D3/ E3 for that row shows zero However when I need another rate e.g. 50 to enter column F and changing the above formula to =IF(A3=Rate_50,A3,"") the cell shows #NAME? - what am I doing wrong ???? Any much appreciated Cheers --- Mully Hi Mully, Rate_30 is a defined name, has nothing to do with the number 30. You can either define a name Rate_50 (menu: Insert>Name>Define) or use...

Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
I just upgraded to money '05 because my bank no longer allows acess using money '02. I have been getting this message for TWO WEEKS now. I set up three accounts with no problem, then this message over and over every day. I have tried starting a new account and I still get the same message. Surely MS's server has not been down this whole time, so I guess the problem is on my end. Please Help! In microsoft.public.money, lostmymirth wrote: >I just upgraded to money '05 because my bank no longer allows acess using >money '02. I have been getting this message for T...

[ANN] The Entourage Help Blog: "Updated Exchange setup script supports Entourage 2008"
I've posted version 2.0 of my EntourageExchangeSetup AppleScript on The Entourage Help Page that includes support for Microsoft Entourage 2008's Kerberos feature as well as some minor additions and bug fixes. This AppleScript is intended to be modified by an administrator to assist his Entourage users with the setups of their Exchange server accounts. It has been tested specifically with Entourage 2004 11.2.6, 11.3.3, 11.3.7 and Entourage 12.00, 12.0.1 and 12.1.0 but should work with any version of Entourage 2004 SP2 (11.2.0) and higher. Every company's network is different...

lil help with "or" formula
I am trying to return a "false" value if there is text in cells E2:I2.. the only formula i have come up with so far is =OR(ISTEXT(E2),ISTEXT(F2),ISTEXT(G2),ISTEXT(H2),ISTEXT(I2)) but this returns the opposite value of what I want, it tells me "true" if there is text... any help???? Hi try: =IF(SUMPRODUCT(--(ISTEXT(E2:I2)),false,true) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Murph" <Murph@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4A8133F9-3E83-4369-A69E-763CD6E9D3F8@microsoft.com... > I am trying to return a "false" value i...

Rounding down to fixed range formula?
Column G contains numbers ranging from 10 to 60. I need to reference G with another table to return data from that table. e.g. G3=36.3 L M N 3 10 8 2 4 15 12 4 5 20 17 5 6 25 21 6 7 30 25 7 8 35 29 9 9 40 33 10 G must be rounded down to the nearest number in L. I then need to return the numbers in M and N from the same row. i.e. G3=L7, returning M7 and N7. I intend to use two cells for the M and N results. Hope this is sufficient explaination for you. Thanks in anticipation. Simon Oops, you wrote 10 through 60. Assuming the rows increment by 5, substitute L3:N13 for L3:N9. ...

Formula Questions #2
Trying to calculate this in Excel I have 3 different processes for an order: Filling - 300 parts per hour Packing - 100 parts per hour Shipping - 50 parts per hour If I need to staff for 9,000 parts per day for a 7.5 hour day, how would I calculated my total production for all 3 steps combined per hour remembering that each part must pass all 3 stations? Hi Filling staff =9000/(7.5*300) Packing staff =9000/(7.5*100) Shipping staff =9000/(7.5*50) -- Arvi Laanemets (Don't use my reply address - it's spam-trap) "esi" <haha@funny.com> wrote in message news:#vfqFU...

Can AND and OR be on the same formula?
Hi I need to evaluate the conditions of two columns on a spreadsheet and for that I use the AND function and it works well. Now a new condition that overrrides the previous ones has arised so now I have to do both, the former verification (AND function) and a new one to check for a new value in one of the columns that is enough to classify the whole register as TRUE. Is there a way I can mix AND and then OR functions in the same formula? I guess there is but i haven't been able to find the propoer sintax to do it. Thanks in advance Jorge E Jaramillo Sure. Example. ...

Please help with formula
I would like a formula that would give me the following answer: If A1 displays 10.5 B2 displays 10.3 B3 displays 10.7 B4 displays 10.1 Then C2 displays difference between A1 & B2 C3 displays difference between A1 & B3 C4 displays difference between A1 & B4 etc etc I hope this makes sense..... Thank You in advance for any replies. "exntluser" <exntluser@ntl.gone> wrote: > C2 displays difference between A1 & B2 > C3 displays difference between A1 & B3 > C4 displays difference between A1 & ...

Dates in cells
I am having problems with dates in cells remaining consistent. I always format the cells with date and select the format of the date. Occasionally the format will change for some unknown reason. Is there something I am doing wrong?? Ralphael, the OLD one I don't recall a format changing for a cell containing a date (not a formula to another cell with a date) when using the same pc. But I like mm/dd/yyyy (4 digit years in my dates). If I change my short date format in windows (under regional settings in the control panel) and I format my date as m/d/y, excel will use my windows setting...

SETUP
HOW DO I SET IT UP. Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "home" <phillipsjamest@att.net> wrote in message news:u1ikLZSALHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > HOW DO I SET IT UP. "home" <phillipsjamest@att.net> wrote in message news:u1ikLZSALHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > HOW DO I SET IT UP. Start here and look for mail settings. ht...

Federal Tax not Calculating
Has anyone ever encountered a scenario where the federal tax does NOT calculate on a batch of checks? I have not been able to find a reason why it would not be included and I have checked the tax selection boxes on the paycode setup and employee cards and the batch for the payroll transaction. We are making an annual distribution to the owners of the copmany. Could it have something to do with the pay code type "other" ?? ...

How do I read tab numbers into formula?
I want to use the tab number to automatically create a date. For example, I want to use tab number 1 to create a date in a cell on the same page. 1 for the 1st, 10 for the 10th, etc. How do I read the tab number into my formula? take a look here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/formulae/cell_function.html In article <2D0BE3A6-FD87-4A13-847F-BCF42917430B@microsoft.com>, "Gregg" <Gregg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to use the tab number to automatically create a date. For example, I > want to use tab number 1 to create a date in a cell on the...

formula #15
Is there a way to add a formula that has a perpetual number in the formula, so that every time the excel file is opened, it generates a new number in sequence. Use the Workbook_Open event: right-click the Excel LOGO near the file menu, select View Code, then enter this: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Sheets(1).Range("C3").Value = Sheets(1).Range("C3").Value + 1 End Sub ========change C3 to the appropriate cell. "Brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0db701c3bf46$f1596750$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to add a formu...

Anonymous Access setup
I have a request to turn on anonymous access (MOSS 2007). We only have one Site collection and it’s an Intranet that uses Authentication Type; Windows and Integrated Windows Authentication. It seems straight forward first Enable IIS Anonymous Authentication, second Enable anonymous access for the Web Application needed, turn on anonymous access for list or site. Question: If I turn on anonymous access without enabling it on any sites or lists will my users notice anything different? I assume they will not notice anything. Next question; if I enable anonymous authentication on...

Calculating ranges
Hello, I require a formula that brings a result based on 2 different calculations. First I need to calculate a dollar amount for weights between the ranges of 0 to 500 lbs, 501 to 1000 lbs, 1001 to 2000 lbs and so on up the scale. I will have a column for each range. The second part of the calcuation is that the end result can't be less than $18 or more than $200. Here's a table that might help: Weight 500 1000 2000 470 $19.10 750 $35.00 1500 $50.00 220 $18.00 Any help will ...