Setting Precision when using &"Characters"& in a cell reference

I have a cell reference as follows:
=E4 &" "& B7 &"%"

E4 =SUM(T1:T9)/T11
B7 =F2/196

How do I restrict my answer to zero decimal places?
--
FirstVette52

If you want to round to the nearest integer use

=ROUND(E4,0) &" "& ROUND(B7,0) &"%"

you can also use INT and TRUNC although they differ a bit (see help for
them)

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"FirstVette52" <(My User name is Firstvette 52, too) firstvet52@(my ISP
E-mail provider is) netzero.com> wrote in message
>I have a cell reference as follows:
> =E4 &" "& B7 &"%"
>
> E4 =SUM(T1:T9)/T11
> B7 =F2/196
>
> How do I restrict my answer to zero decimal places?
> --
> FirstVette52

0
terre081 (3244)
7/5/2005 3:43:43 PM
Try

=E4 &" "& TEXT(B7,"0%")

"FirstVette52" wrote:

> I have a cell reference as follows:
> =E4 &" "& B7 &"%"
>
> E4 =SUM(T1:T9)/T11
> B7 =F2/196
>
> How do I restrict my answer to zero decimal places?
> --
> FirstVette52
0
BarbR (262)

characters ignored in search of inbox
when i search my inbox, if i mix some symbols with characters, the symbols are just ignored. For instance, i put in a search for "#members" and it found matches for just "members". How can i make outlook obey the exact characters that i put into the search box (even if they are not letters). Thanks, tom TomCon <someone@verizon.net> wrote: > when i search my inbox, if i mix some symbols with characters, the > symbols are just ignored. For instance, i put in a search for > "#members" and it found matches for just "members". How ca...

Concatenate shows "square boxes" unknown characters at paragraph e
Concatenate shows "square boxes" unknown characters at paragraph end Hi, I was wondering if anyone can tell me why I am getting the funky unknown character "square boxes" at the end of my concatenated paragraphs. I get the unknown characters at the end of the last line and it does not matter whether there are 2, 3, or more lines in the paragraph. My control for the text box is this: =IIf(IsNull([REV_B]),"",[REV_B] & (Chr(13) & Chr(10)+[REV_C]) & (Chr(13) & Chr(10)+[REV_D])) Basically, it says if REV_B is null then don't display anythin...

Money 2002: Alphanumeric Characters in Password
I am using MS Money 2002 Standard Edition. My banking institution recently changed their password requirement to include both alpha and numeric characters. When I try to download my bank transactions into MS Money 2002, I get an error message that Money does not allow alpha characters in the password to access my bank's account. Is there a fix to this or would I have to use a more current version of MS Money? You need to contact your Bank to arrange for a password to use with Money. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com...

Can XmlDocument.Load() method handle unicode characters?
Dear all, I've spent a long time to try to get the xmldocument.load method=20 to handle UTF-8 characters, but no luck. Every time it loads a=20 document contains european characters (such as the one below, output=20 from google map API), it always said invalid character at position=20 229, which I believe is the "=DF" character. Can anyone point me to the right direction of how to load such=20 documents using the xmldocument.load() method, or some other better=20 ways to do this? Thanks! ---------------sample XML file------------------ <?xml version=3...

How to get rest of characters after last certain character?
Hi All, e.g. In cell A1 there is a string = "dummy1\dummy3\cat\test" In cell B1 I want result = "test" In pseudo code: test = functionX("dummy1\dummy3\cat\test"; "\" ) I don't want write visual basic code just use normal excel functions. Is it possible to write this kind of function? Use INSTRREV string = "dummy1\dummy3\cat\test" string = mid(string,instrrev(string,"\") + 1) The instrrev will find the position of the last back slash in the string. You add one to get everything after the last back s...

Text box with set number of characters
I have a template form that I am working on. I need to enter a section for comments that limits the number of characters entered and does not move. In other words. My form is 3 pages and must stay 3 pages. I have tried text boxes, and tables. Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated. I can get one table entered and it works locking col. and row but then when I enter a table in the next section it doesn't work. It sounds like what you need is a text form field inside a one-celled table or a frame. Using a legacy (if Word 2007) text form field, you right-click it a...

Using InStr to find a range of ASCII characters
Hello, I need to create a query that finds all the ascii characters from 192 to 255 and finds some others like 140, 158 & 159. I looked for a similar question in the forums and didn't find anything. Here is what I tried: Public Function FindChars(textIn As String) As String Dim strNameIn As String strNameIn = Nz(textIn, "") If InStr(1, strNameIn, Chr(192)-Chr(255)) > 0 Then Debug.Print strNameIn End If End Function Of course, this doesn't work. I tried a number of other variations also. Thanks for any ...

Strange Characters Corrupting Database
I have an access 2003 database setup on our network.Frontend on windows xp pro. Backend data on Windows Server 2003.All OS and office updates have been done on all machines.My problem is that I am having occasional data corruption in the form in some fields of some records. The database itself does not become corrupt but data in the corrupt fields has to be re-entered. I found mention of this problem that was relate4d to the auto correct feature of access 2003. I have recreated the fe/be databases with this feature disabled with no effect.Any other help would be greatly appreciated.Thank yo...

Issue skiping characters by Regular Expressions searching Word
When using Regular Expression search using VBA script in Excel to search Word document, "-" character in the word document gets skiped (substituted with "" empty character). Here is the string in Word: <DE4.0><SWR4.4.l‑CE6:A> Here is the snipet of VBA code used: With Selector.Find .text = "\<DE?*^13" .Replacement.text = "" .Forward = True .Wrap = wdFindzz .Format = True .MatchCase = False .MatchWholeWord = False .MatchAllWordForms = False .MatchSoundsLike = False .MatchWild...

Additional Characters Added to Outlook signature
Outlook is adding the following characters to the beginning of my signature (hopefully they display) : =EF=BB=BF It does not seem to matter what font or encoding I'm using, or how simple my signature is (even a signature of "Ben Carlson" will produce the characters). Several other people have had this problem: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook/browse_thread/threa= d/56869c0f52baf721/89fd7596d17e8ac0?q=3Dsignature+characters&rnum=3D1#89fd7= 596d17e8ac0 http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook/browse_thread/threa= d/f2e27db2a58f730f/b919...

Finding messages where special characters are used on a store with full-text indexing enabled
With full-text indexing enabled on a 2003 exch. store it is not possible to find a message with the folowing text e.g. "d/a". The slash is not recongnised. Is there a way to solve this? Thanks for the advice On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 15:28:08 +0200, "Paul" <pcauwe@hotmail.com> wrote: >With full-text indexing enabled on a 2003 exch. store it is not possible to >find a message with the folowing text e.g. "d/a". The slash is not >recongnised. >Is there a way to solve this? > >Thanks for the advice Check the noise words list at \Program Files\e...

Validate input field to filter out certain characters
Hi, I am on MSAccess 2000 and I want to valid a field before going on to next field when user inputting data. My so call validation is just change certain input characters into space or just remove such character. For example, if user input abcd's or abc@erews, I want the final data look like either abcds or abcd s for abc@erews will look like abc erews or abcerews. Anyone any idea ? "Smiley" <firework123@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:f2hk60$a5u$1$8300dec7@news.demon.co.uk... > Hi, > > I am on MSAccess 2000 and I want to valid a field before go...

counting or limiting characters
Hi, Is there a way to do one of the following: a) limit the amount of characters that a cell can contain or, if not: b) have a column that counts the number of characters in the cell to the left of it. Thanks. one way: Data/Validation/Allow set maximum Text Length In article <#VpE8vTOFHA.3788@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, "Glenn" <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote: > Is there a way to do one of the following: > > a) limit the amount of characters that a cell can contain If text in column B, one way: A1: =LEN(B1) or A1: =IF(B1="","&...

removing ALT+enter characters from a column
I frequently get speadsheets sent to me which have had text entered int cells that has been separated by the "ALT + Enter" keys to force it ont a separate line. Does anyone know of a way I can remove thi automatically and add a comma & space character instead (perhaps with macro?) I have attached an example file if you wish to look at it Thank Attachment filename: example.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=63113 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way Sub CleanCR() Selection.Replace W...

extract last 2 characters from the right?
Need to obtain in one cell the 2 right most characters from another cell. Can anybody here help with a formula? in other words: A1=ASW232.1 result would be: .1 Thanks in advance. Pierre Hi Pierre Try this: =MID(A1,LEN(A1)-1,2) Regards Per "Pierre" <cowguy@aol.com> skrev i meddelelsen news:b3b35a87-fd4d-4e8c-8182-edea4ebafc5d@21g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... > Need to obtain in one cell the 2 right most characters from another > cell. Can anybody here help with a formula? > > in other words: > A1=ASW232.1 > result would be: .1 ...

word wrap ceases after 1200 characters
Word wrap appears to cease after about 1200 characters. It appears that I am running into some kind of length limit, but I do not know what that limit is. (1) Does anyone know the nature of this limit? (2) Does anyone know a way around it? Here is the text I put into the cell, changed for security purposes (word wrap ceases when I get to the string with g's): aaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaa bbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbb bbbb...

Removing characters from datetime field
I have an XL sheet with data in the format "07/07/2005 10:00:00". I need it in the format "07/07/2005 10:00", so that I can create a pivot table with the date and count of some records. How do I make the date in this format. Tried the formatting, but it works incorrectly in the pivot table. Pls help... Are you sure the raw data is really date/time? If you put this in an unused cell =count(a2:a99) in a cell (use the correct range) And this in another: =counta(a2:a99) do you get the same results? Sujesh wrote: > > I have an XL sheet with data in the format &q...

Problems with garbage characters in Chinese Win7 under VS2008.
I have a C++ app which when built with VS2008 displays '?' for characters on an English Win7 system with Hong Kong language pack but displays proper characters on a native Hong Kong Win7 system. When built with VS6, it displays properly on both systems. Any insights would be appreciated. I can provide a tiny sample program. Thanks, Dave >I have a C++ app which when built with VS2008 displays '?' for >characters on an English Win7 system with Hong Kong language pack but >displays proper characters on a native Hong Kong Win7 system. When >built with VS6, i...

excel data label format special number characters (part 2)
Addendum to Previous post: I realized I omitted one crucial element from my previous post: I want the fractional data label to be a non-simplified representation of the source data (e.g. - if the source data is 10/6, I want the data label to be 10/6). Previous post: I'm trying to create bar graphs containing fractional data labels. The catch is, I want each bar in the series to have a different denominator value. Excel allows you to preset the denominator (e.g. - ?/4), but that denominator affects all members of that series. The question is, is this do-able and if so what special...

Error 550, Nul Characters are not allowed. need HELP ASAP
Hi I have the following problem and i cannot find the solution to it, i have tried most everything, and searched the web for a month now trying to figure this out. i Have one specific computer in a network, trying to reach some specififc email adresses and same location, and i always get this error in return. I have tried with win98, windows 2000 and windows xp i have tried with express 6, outlook 2000, outlook 2002, and outlook 2003 and eudora mail. i have even replaced the computer with a new one(new used one), and i still have this problem. how can i resolve this, and what is the spe...

Wild characters in Find and Replace
I used to be able to do this in the prior version... not sure how to do it in my new version. If I have a doc with a list of items that all have a : after them and the first written character after the two spaces following the colon is a small letter and I want to replace them with a capital letter, how do I do that? In the prior version, I used Find :^$ and then "highlight all" and then used the change case function. In this version, "highlight all" is not an option. Please advise. Hi Trish, Once you've input the Find string, click on 'Reading ...

Characters and Formulas
Does the number of characters in a formula count as part of the 255 characters limit of a cell? The numbers of characters are 32,767 (only 1,024 display in a cell), for a formula it is 1,024 Column width is 255 Look under specifications in help -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Bonny" <Bonny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B2D2801-5655-4D9E-87FD-3A0576BB2A96@microsoft.com... > Does the number of characters in a formula count as part of the 255 > characters limit of a cell? ...

Query for specific characters in a spreadsheet
I used Excel to track student attendance for a class this summer and used one character to indicate attendance, another absence, a third for cancellation, etc... Is there a way to query how many of each of these characters appear in the spreadsheet? =COUNTIF(range,"A") Where range would be a column or row that would contain the character.A for absence. You will need a formula for each character. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 14:10:01 -0800, Vicki B <VickiB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I used Excel to track student attendanc...

trying to export .aba file from Palm Desktop to .csv file and having problems with irregular characters
I'm getting these odd square characters in my notes section of the .csv file which I think are carriage returns in palm desktop that are unrecognizable to excel. Any idea how to eliminate them? Here's a pic of what they look like" http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=howtoeliminatesquareseu6.jpg > I'm getting these odd square characters in my notes section of > the .csv file which I think are carriage returns in palm desktop that > are unrecognizable to excel. Any idea how to eliminate them? > Here's a pic of what they look like" I hate to ask what...

Regional Settings / Finding out Array separator characters
Hello ! I'm running Excel on a Portuguese Windows XP system. I'm trying to create some array constants but haven't been able to do it. As for VERTICAL arrays, I use the ";" (semicolons) and it works fine, like this : ={"A";"B";"C"} However, when I try to create a HORIZONTAL array, I try to use the "," (commas) as separators but I can't even enter the formula. It complains. How do I find out WHICH is the Array separator character in this case ? Notice that in Portuguese, Decimal point is comma. Thanks ! ...