set the print area print multiple tabs

I am trying to designate the same print area on 70+ different tabs in the
same work book so that I can send them all to print at once as 70+ individual
pdf's.  If I select more than one tab at a time, I dont have the option to
set the print area.

I think there are two issues:
1) How do I set the print area for all the tabs at the same time
2) How do I send each tab to print to Adobe PDF one at a time so that they
each become their own .pdf?

Is there another way to batch print different tabs?
Help Me Automate!! Please!
0
veng (4)

veng

The PDF stuff is out of my realm but I'll address the print range setup.

Unfortunately setting the print area on grouped sheets is not an option
without using VBA.

Code from Bob Flanagan for setting same print area on grouped sheets.

NOTE: Set the print area on ActiveSheet then Group the sheets and run the
macro.

Note: after print area is set you will most likely have to re-group to set
margins and Page Breaks.

Sub Set_Print_Area_On_All_Selected_Sheets()
    Dim tempS As String, oSheets As Object
    Dim curSheet As Worksheet, oSheet As Worksheet
    Dim iResponse

    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    iResponse = MsgBox(prompt:= _
           "Select OK to set the print area on all " & _
           "selected sheets the same as the print " & _
           "area on this sheet.  If you have not selected " & _
           "any sheets, then all worksheets will be set.", _
           Buttons:=vbOKCancel)
    If iResponse = vbCancel Then End

    'store info
    tempS = ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea
    'set an object variable to refer to the sheets to be set
    If ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Count = 1 Then
        'if no sheets selected, select all worksheets
        Set oSheets = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
      Else
        'set variable to select sheets
        Set oSheets = ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets
    End If

    'store the current sheet and then rotate through each
    'sheet and set the print area
    Set curSheet = ActiveSheet
    For Each oSheet In oSheets
       If oSheet.Type = xlWorksheet Then
          'set print area only if a worksheet
          oSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = tempS
       End If
    Next

    'return to the original worksheet

    curSheet.Select
    MsgBox "All print areas on the selected sheets have " & _
           "been set to the same as this sheet."
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:43:05 -0800, "veng" <veng@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I am trying to designate the same print area on 70+ different tabs in the
>same work book so that I can send them all to print at once as 70+ individual
>pdf's.  If I select more than one tab at a time, I dont have the option to
>set the print area.
>
>I think there are two issues:
>1) How do I set the print area for all the tabs at the same time
>2) How do I send each tab to print to Adobe PDF one at a time so that they
>each become their own .pdf?
>
>Is there another way to batch print different tabs?
>Help Me Automate!! Please!

0
Gord
2/11/2005 6:10:10 PM
Hi Veng & Gordon-

If  I read correctly and the range to be printed is the same on each sheet,
you might want to try this...
Select the range on Sheet1 then Shift+Click the tab for Sheet70. You don't
even have to use the Set Print Area command, but if you want to, do so BEFORE
you select multiple sheets - otherwise the command will be dimmed in the menu.

Also, I think the "pdf" feature mentioned could be just a matter of Checking
the "Print to Fle" checkbox in the print dialog box. Otherwise
Acrobat/Distiller would be the best way to go.

Hope this is useful |:>)
"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> veng
>
> The PDF stuff is out of my realm but I'll address the print range setup.
>
> Unfortunately setting the print area on grouped sheets is not an option
> without using VBA.
>
> Code from Bob Flanagan for setting same print area on grouped sheets.
>
> NOTE: Set the print area on ActiveSheet then Group the sheets and run the
> macro.
>
> Note: after print area is set you will most likely have to re-group to set
> margins and Page Breaks.
>
> Sub Set_Print_Area_On_All_Selected_Sheets()
>     Dim tempS As String, oSheets As Object
>     Dim curSheet As Worksheet, oSheet As Worksheet
>     Dim iResponse
>
>     Application.ScreenUpdating = False
>     iResponse = MsgBox(prompt:= _
>            "Select OK to set the print area on all " & _
>            "selected sheets the same as the print " & _
>            "area on this sheet.  If you have not selected " & _
>            "any sheets, then all worksheets will be set.", _
>            Buttons:=vbOKCancel)
>     If iResponse = vbCancel Then End
>
>     'store info
>     tempS = ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea
>     'set an object variable to refer to the sheets to be set
>     If ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Count = 1 Then
>         'if no sheets selected, select all worksheets
>         Set oSheets = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
>       Else
>         'set variable to select sheets
>         Set oSheets = ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets
>     End If
>
>     'store the current sheet and then rotate through each
>     'sheet and set the print area
>     Set curSheet = ActiveSheet
>     For Each oSheet In oSheets
>        If oSheet.Type = xlWorksheet Then
>           'set print area only if a worksheet
>           oSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = tempS
>        End If
>     Next
>
>     'return to the original worksheet
>
>     curSheet.Select
>     MsgBox "All print areas on the selected sheets have " & _
>            "been set to the same as this sheet."
> End Sub
>
> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>

> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:43:05 -0800, "veng" <veng@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I am trying to designate the same print area on 70+ different tabs in the
> >same work book so that I can send them all to print at once as 70+ individual
> >pdf's.  If I select more than one tab at a time, I dont have the option to
> >set the print area.
> >
> >I think there are two issues:
> >1) How do I set the print area for all the tabs at the same time
> >2) How do I send each tab to print to Adobe PDF one at a time so that they
> >each become their own .pdf?
> >
> >Is there another way to batch print different tabs?
> >Help Me Automate!! Please!

0
CyberTaz (411)
2/11/2005 9:27:04 PM
Cyber

Have you actually tried your method?

Gord

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 13:27:04 -0800, "CyberTaz"
<CyberTaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> [...]
>>
>>     curSheet.Select
>>     MsgBox "All print areas on the selected sheets have " & _
>>            "been set to the same as this sheet."
>> End Sub
>>
>> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>>

>> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:43:05 -0800, "veng" <veng@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >I am trying to designate the same print area on 70+ different tabs in the
>> >same work book so that I can send them all to print at once as 70+ individual
>> >pdf's.  If I select more than one tab at a time, I dont have the option to
>> >set the print area.
>> >
>> >I think there are two issues:
>> >1) How do I set the print area for all the tabs at the same time
>> >2) How do I send each tab to print to Adobe PDF one at a time so that they
>> >each become their own .pdf?
>> >
>> >Is there another way to batch print different tabs?

0
Gord
2/11/2005 9:36:41 PM
hi!
thanks so much for responding.  one more question- what is VBA?

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> veng
>
> The PDF stuff is out of my realm but I'll address the print range setup.
>
> Unfortunately setting the print area on grouped sheets is not an option
> without using VBA.
>
> Code from Bob Flanagan for setting same print area on grouped sheets.
>
> NOTE: Set the print area on ActiveSheet then Group the sheets and run the
> macro.
>
> Note: after print area is set you will most likely have to re-group to set
> margins and Page Breaks.
>
> Sub Set_Print_Area_On_All_Selected_Sheets()
>     Dim tempS As String, oSheets As Object
>     Dim curSheet As Worksheet, oSheet As Worksheet
>     Dim iResponse
>
>     Application.ScreenUpdating = False
>     iResponse = MsgBox(prompt:= _
>            "Select OK to set the print area on all " & _
>            "selected sheets the same as the print " & _
>            "area on this sheet.  If you have not selected " & _
>            "any sheets, then all worksheets will be set.", _
>            Buttons:=vbOKCancel)
>     If iResponse = vbCancel Then End
>
>     'store info
>     tempS = ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea
>     'set an object variable to refer to the sheets to be set
>     If ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Count = 1 Then
>         'if no sheets selected, select all worksheets
>         Set oSheets = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
>       Else
>         'set variable to select sheets
>         Set oSheets = ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets
>     End If
>
>     'store the current sheet and then rotate through each
>     'sheet and set the print area
>     Set curSheet = ActiveSheet
>     For Each oSheet In oSheets
>        If oSheet.Type = xlWorksheet Then
>           'set print area only if a worksheet
>           oSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = tempS
>        End If
>     Next
>
>     'return to the original worksheet
>
>     curSheet.Select
>     MsgBox "All print areas on the selected sheets have " & _
>            "been set to the same as this sheet."
> End Sub
>
> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>

> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:43:05 -0800, "veng" <veng@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I am trying to designate the same print area on 70+ different tabs in the
> >same work book so that I can send them all to print at once as 70+ individual
> >pdf's.  If I select more than one tab at a time, I dont have the option to
> >set the print area.
> >
> >I think there are two issues:
> >1) How do I set the print area for all the tabs at the same time
> >2) How do I send each tab to print to Adobe PDF one at a time so that they
> >each become their own .pdf?
> >
> >Is there another way to batch print different tabs?
> >Help Me Automate!! Please!

0
veng (4)
2/12/2005 4:41:03 PM
Visual Basic for Applications

See help for more.  Type vba into Answer Wizard.

Also see David McRitchie's "getting started with VBA and macros"

Gord

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 08:41:03 -0800, "veng" <veng@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>hi!
>thanks so much for responding.  one more question- what is VBA?
>

>"Gord Dibben" wrote:
>
>> veng
>>
>> The PDF stuff is out of my realm but I'll address the print range setup.
>>
>> Unfortunately setting the print area on grouped sheets is not an option
>> without using VBA.
>>
>> Code from Bob Flanagan for setting same print area on grouped sheets.
>>
>> NOTE: Set the print area on ActiveSheet then Group the sheets and run the
>> macro.
>>
>> Note: after print area is set you will most likely have to re-group to set
>> margins and Page Breaks.
>>
>> Sub Set_Print_Area_On_All_Selected_Sheets()
>>     Dim tempS As String, oSheets As Object
>>     Dim curSheet As Worksheet, oSheet As Worksheet
>>     Dim iResponse
>>
>>     Application.ScreenUpdating = False
>>     iResponse = MsgBox(prompt:= _
>>            "Select OK to set the print area on all " & _
>>            "selected sheets the same as the print " & _
>>            "area on this sheet.  If you have not selected " & _
>>            "any sheets, then all worksheets will be set.", _
>>            Buttons:=vbOKCancel)
>>     If iResponse = vbCancel Then End
>>
>>     'store info
>>     tempS = ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea
>>     'set an object variable to refer to the sheets to be set
>>     If ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Count = 1 Then
>>         'if no sheets selected, select all worksheets
>>         Set oSheets = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
>>       Else
>>         'set variable to select sheets
>>         Set oSheets = ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets
>>     End If
>>
>>     'store the current sheet and then rotate through each
>>     'sheet and set the print area
>>     Set curSheet = ActiveSheet
>>     For Each oSheet In oSheets
>>        If oSheet.Type = xlWorksheet Then
>>           'set print area only if a worksheet
>>           oSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = tempS
>>        End If
>>     Next
>>
>>     'return to the original worksheet
>>
>>     curSheet.Select
>>     MsgBox "All print areas on the selected sheets have " & _
>>            "been set to the same as this sheet."
>> End Sub
>>
>> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>>

>> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:43:05 -0800, "veng" <veng@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >I am trying to designate the same print area on 70+ different tabs in the
>> >same work book so that I can send them all to print at once as 70+ individual
>> >pdf's.  If I select more than one tab at a time, I dont have the option to
>> >set the print area.
>> >
>> >I think there are two issues:
>> >1) How do I set the print area for all the tabs at the same time
>> >2) How do I send each tab to print to Adobe PDF one at a time so that they
>> >each become their own .pdf?
>> >
>> >Is there another way to batch print different tabs?
>> >Help Me Automate!! Please!

0
Gord

Calculations crossing multiple sheets
Hello, I have made a spreadsheet which takes calculations from many other spreadsheets in the same folder. I have positioned the folder on my hard drive so that I can copy it onto multiple computers (I.E. it is placed on the "C" drive, with no PC specific routeing). The problem I have is that when I copy the file from one PC to another PC, the calculations change..the specific calculations (=sum(..)) are changed. Is there any way I can stop this, forcing the calculations to remain exactly as I have inputted them. Any help would be very much appreciated as I have spent a lot of time...

setting up new outlook mail account

OWA Set Rule problem

print screen
I have an HP notebook, MS 2007. My Print screen button is also the INSERT box. when I hit PRT SC and paste it into MS Word, it fails to copy it. I also tried ALT+PRT SC and that doesn't copy it to Word either. What should I do? ...

How to set backcolour

Excel 2000 printing
On one particular spreadsheet: I set print area; but "print preview" shows only one column, altho more columns were included in the "print area." Can you help? Many thanks, Joe Joe Maybe the print preview is only showing you page 1 of 2? Andy. "jfgelband" <jfgelband@optonline.net> wrote in message news:050201c3a7fe$34c58ec0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > On one particular spreadsheet: I set print area; > but "print preview" shows only one column, altho more > columns were included in the "print area." > Can you help? > Many t...

Create one class in order to connect with multiple tables.
Create one class in order to connect with multiple tables. I always create one new class for one table in order to connect it via wizard. So,I had created ten classes for ten tables. Can you teache me how to create one new class which it can connect to multiple tables? Thanks in advance. Sam, I would assume that you are referening the MFC ODBC classes - specifically the CRecordset. If that is the case, then you have but a few options. If your recordsets are read-only, then you do not have to use a derived class - you can create an object of CRecordset, and use one of the GetFeildValue...

can't see photos in my document but they print
Somehow I've made the photos in my MS Publisher document disappear but they are there when I print. I need to see them as I edit and rework pages. What did I do wrong? How can I fix it. Thanks. Ron View, Pictures, detailed display... If this does not solve the issue, then your video/graphics driver needs upgrading. Do this, slide the acceleration down on your adapter: Control panel, Display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab. If your images appear when you slide the acceleration down, then go to the manufacturer's web site of your graphics card and u...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Creating Multiple charts in an Excel Sheet
Hi, I need to create a macro in Access which creates a report in an excel sheet. The excel sheet should contain a number of sheets (Sheet 1,Sheet 2,Sheet 3....).Inside each Sheet around 9 charts have to be displayed. Is it possible to create a macro for the same? Please can somebody help me with some vba code for creating multiple charts in a single excel sheet. Thanks, Sobha ...

my pictures appear black but print ok
My pictures appear black. However when I print the publication or convert it to Adobe PDF, they appear normal. On the toolbar, do you have View, Picture display? If so, check to see if the setting is for detailed view. -- Don Vancouver USA "genemis" <genemis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92FD0B58-F86E-4434-8FB3-B5BDFD4B9915@microsoft.com... > My pictures appear black. However when I print the publication or convert > it > to Adobe PDF, they appear normal. Thanks for the suggestion, but it is checked for detailed view. "Don Schmi...

Reading Pane Settings

Can I import 100 addresses into MapPoint, locate and print all?
I want to import and display up to 100 addresses (within a three county area) on a map that I can enlarge and print to a plotter. Can this be done with MapPoint? If so... How? Jaws wrote: > I want to import and display up to 100 addresses (within a three county area) > on a map that I can enlarge and print to a plotter. Can this be done with > MapPoint? > If so... How? MapPoint is a separate product from Excel. Bill From within MapPoint you can import the addresses from an Excel worksheet. I don't work with MapPoint but on experiment using Data>Import I...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

Opening to a default tab?
Hello, Is there a way to get a workbook to default to a certain tab when opening the file? I noticed that it opens to whatever page was open when last saved but I want it to always open to the first sheet regardless. Any ideas? Thank you in advance, Joe Use the Workbook_open event in ThisWorkbook module or an auto_open macro in a regular module sub auto_open() sheets("mysheet").select end sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Joe" <Joe@home.com> wrote in message news:eZpp9EUKEHA.1312@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is there a wa...

How do I set OOR

Multiple VBA script
Hello, I would like to run the same script many times in one sheet. I am starting to write a football tipping comp record sheet. It has the home and away teams, the person's pick, the winner then the ponts for the round. If a person picks the winner, they get 2 points. If the teams draw, the person gets 1 point. If the person does not pick the winner, they get 0 points and then if a person correctly picks a draw, they get four points. I have set up a VBA formula to correctly enter in the points when comparing the pick cell to the winner cell. However what I have found now is that I ...

Set Focus

How do I print a timeline date range?
I have a timeline that starts in 9/2003 and extends past today. I want to print only a piece of that timeline: 11/1/2005 to 12/31/2005. How do I do that? If you are running Visio 2003, there is an option on the Print Dialog to print current view. So if you zoom into the area you want, you can print just what you see. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm Visio Wishlist http://www.mvps.org/visio/wish_list.htm &qu...

Where to find symbols group?
I need to insert symbols in document. The symbols group is not in my insert tab to choose from. Where do I find the symbols group so that I may choose various symbols to insert into document? Thanks Maybe your document window isn't wide enough to display the entire Ribbon? Anyway the Insert Symbol button is the giant icon with a capital Omega at the right end of the Ribbon, and as the Ribbon gets shorter, it becomes a small icon with the word "Symbol" beside it, and then just the Omega button. It was one of the first things I put on my Quick Access Toolbar. ...