Set minimum values for equation results

Hi all,

I've been searching the queries here and can't find an
answer to what I'm hoping is a simple query . . . I want
my equation to ensure that any minus values are returned
as 0 but positive values should remain true.  THis needs
to be within the original equation as opposed to a
separate equation doing a find and replace.  Appreciate
any answers (preferably by e-mail!).

Jim.
0
jim.sykes (2)

Try using IF(), for example:

Put in C1: =IF((A1-B1)<0,0,A1-B1)

which will return 0 if (A1-B1) results in a minus value
with zero & positive values remaining true

Hope the above helps.

Max
-----------------------------
Please post replies to the newsgroup

Jim Sykes <jim.sykes@manpower.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I've been searching the queries here and can't find an
> answer to what I'm hoping is a simple query . . . I want
> my equation to ensure that any minus values are returned
> as 0 but positive values should remain true.  THis needs
> to be within the original equation as opposed to a
> separate equation doing a find and replace.  Appreciate
> any answers (preferably by e-mail!).
>
> Jim.

0
demechanik (4693)
10/14/2003 9:16:26 AM
Really, Max, I'm surprised at you.
You should have used the function that is named after you, like this:
=MAX(0,equation)

"Max" <demechanik@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Try using IF(), for example:
>
> Put in C1: =IF((A1-B1)<0,0,A1-B1)
>
> which will return 0 if (A1-B1) results in a minus value
> with zero & positive values remaining true
>
> Hope the above helps.
>
> Max
> -----------------------------
> Please post replies to the newsgroup
>
> Jim Sykes <jim.sykes@manpower.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've been searching the queries here and can't find an
> > answer to what I'm hoping is a simple query . . . I want
> > my equation to ensure that any minus values are returned
> > as 0 but positive values should remain true.  THis needs
> > to be within the original equation as opposed to a
> > separate equation doing a find and replace.  Appreciate
> > any answers (preferably by e-mail!).
> >
> > Jim.

0
Stephen
10/14/2003 9:38:52 AM
LOL. yes, you're right.

guess i'm always thinking of others, eh? <g>

its much neater. cheers.

Stephen Bye <.> wrote in message
> Really, Max, I'm surprised at you.
> You should have used the function that is named after you, like this:
> =MAX(0,equation)

0
demechanik (4693)
10/14/2003 10:02:43 AM
I was hoping there would be something this quick - thanks
all.

0
jim.sykes (2)
10/14/2003 11:29:25 AM
you're welcome, Jim! cheers.

> I was hoping there would be something this quick - thanks
> all.

0
demechanik (4693)

setting up new outlook mail account

OWA Set Rule problem

How to set backcolour

Formating text of x-axix value
I make a chart with x-axix values from let's say 1E-9 to 1E-3, using logaritmic scale. So far so good. But my need is not to display the values in the chart like 1E-9, 1E-8, etc. but like 10-9, where the -9 text will be formated as upper index. Thx for any help or suggestion. see http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Exponents_in_Cells_and_Charts.htm best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Karel" <Karel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA5042AE-A412-4CB3-B823-89741DAF8FFD@microsoft.com... >I mak...

Obtaining the correct results from a two table query
I have two tables say A and B, what I am trying to achieve with the query is just to display records that have the received field ticked in table A and the colour field in table B not containing �Y�. How do I modify the code below to achieve this? SELECT A_Date, A.Received, A.ID, B. Colour FROM A LEFT JOIN B ON DDP_A.Main = B.Main WHERE (((A.Received)= -1) AND ((B.Colour <> �Y�)); jo@jo.uk wrote: >I have two tables say A and B, what I am trying to achieve with the query is >just to display records that have the received field ticked in table A and >the colo...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Reading Pane Settings

Need to sum values that are not strikethroughs
I need to sum a column without it adding the rows that have strikethroughs values; is it possible to combine a formula and vb code to a cell ? =SUM(BH100:BH120) & Activecell.selection.font.strikethrough = false Thank you Khf Try: Function zum(r As Range) As Double Dim rr As Range For Each rr In r If rr.Font.Strikethrough = False Then zum = zum + rr.Value End If Next End Function In the worksheet use it like: =zum(A1:A10) -- Gary''s Student "Rock" wrote: > I need to sum a column without it adding the rows that have strikethroughs > values; i...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

How do I set OOR

Set Focus

Crosstab queries, <> and null values
Hi everyone, I have a crosstab query attached to a graph on a report. It shows quantity of widgets produced by each employee for a specified period. The client wants all months shown regardless of zero widgets. If I just use the Access graph wizard, it only shows the months when there are some values not all months with or without zero values. The final graph is supposed to be sum(widgets) and each bar represents a worker. So... MonthSt WorkerName #Widgets 01/Jan/2010 Bob 10 01/Jan/2010 Dave ...

Publisher 2003 Need to set business card to Avery 5371 setting
I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will print on Avery 5371 business cards Okay.........and your question is? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jonathan" <Jonathan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:187615DD-9EF1-42A2-8436-78E6E6C6ACE4@microsoft.com... >I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will > print on Avery 5371 business cards Page setup, business cards, click change copies per sheet, type > .5 top, .75 side, zero gaps. Avery 5371 is a standard business card s...

moving values from sheet to another
I would like to know if it is possible to create a formula on one shee (sheet 2) and copy that resulting value to another sheet (main sheet) So when I make changes to the formula on sheet 2 it will update on th main sheet and be used in another formula on that sheet (main sheet) Is this possible? Thank you. :) : -- makdaddy92 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- makdaddy925's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2938 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49189 On the main sheet in the ce...

remove div/0 values in excel cells
Hello Members, I have a problem with Excel ,currently working with Cells .Where I want to remove Div/0 value from excel cell. Help me please,Its a production problem... Thanks In Advance Ash Hi Ash, =A1/B1; replace with =IF(B1=0,"",A1/B1) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "ash" <garika.ashwin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1163567648.449309.242100@f16g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... | Hello Members, | I have a problem with Excel ,currently working with Cells .Where I want | to remove Div/0 value from excel cell. | | Help me please,Its a produc...

Setting the Settings
Really quickly: How (exactly) does one get Publisher to remember the page settings I want. ie. every time I open a new document, I get centimeters, and usually, I'd prefer inches. I have not been able to find a "Save Settings" option anywhere. Can anyone help? thomas In Publisher 2000 it's Tools Options General tab Measurements unit box - select inches. OK That should do it. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in America! "ThomasL" <tlammert@netcom.ca> wrote in message ne...

"Object or class does not support the set of events" Quick Question
All, I built a MS Access database in MS Access 2003, which I have set up in a shared folder. I have a form with some standard components such as text boxs, bottons. When a user updates the form I wish to record the time/date and username in the record. I have posted a copy of the code I'm using for the "BeforeUpdate" event below. Now this works fine on my machine and updates without a problem. However when a user on another machine (also using MS Access 2003) tries to update the same field, he gets the following error: "The expression Before Update you entered as the eve...

Strange permission Settings.
Hey folks I got a strange problem and i think it has somthing to do with permisions server end but it is possible this could also be a client side problem Okay so im on the support desk we have a number of users that access an exchange 2003 server using outlook 2003 some teams share access team maiboxes. When they try to add a custom field to (in tasks or email) on a shared mailbox they recive this error message "You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or the system administrator" But they have full rights to it an...

Save Entire Workbook as Values
Hi - I've a spreadsheet with lots of formulas which pull in data by dat - therefore the data changes everyday... Just wondering if anyone knows a way I can save the entire workbook a values in order to maintain a record of all the data...? Many Thanks -- ddmmyyy ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ddmmyyyy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1608 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27534 Hi ddmmyyyy You can try this to save a values copy of the worksheets in the workbook in ...