Seperating text/Numbers

Fantastic , thanks, that has done the tric

--
scottymellot
scottymelloty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=380

Converting selected section of text to numbers
Could someone please help me to extract some details from "1/10/2004 through 31/01/2005", which has been pasted into one cell. I need a formula to extract the month, 10 and another formula to extract the number 01 I then need to convert those calendar months to fiscal units (or fiscal months), so 10 becomes 4 and 01 becomes 7. Please note that these dates change and may not always have the same number of characters. ie 1/10/2004 could be 11/10/2004, etc. I need to be able to then do a calculation on those 2 fiscal units (eg 7-4=3). I hope that's clear. Rob presume you...

rotate text
I know how to rotate a text box, but how do you nudge the rotation? Open the measurements toolbar. Use the angle adjustment. -- Ron "jc1063" <jc1063@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F488BF1-B52A-487D-BC90-E77EBB445D94@microsoft.com... >I know how to rotate a text box, but how do you nudge the rotation? ...

How do I switch text from capitals to normal?
If I type an email in all CAPS, is there a way to make it into regular form wthout re-typing whole email? Yes, but the method depends on the version of Outlook and the Editor used. chris verbeski wrote: > If I type an email in all CAPS, is there a way to make it into regular form > wthout re-typing whole email? For m, it works like this - select all the text, then hold down shift and tap the F3 key, that toggles the text between lower case, capitals and then capital first letter for every word. It doesnt' work everywhere but works in Word. "Bob I" ...

Text in cell #2
I am trying to find out how I can enter text in a cell and then press enter in the same cell to add more text. The keystroke is Alt+Enter to create a paragraph return. :) ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Heather" <Heather @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFFAFA7F-4C45-42A6-96D6-5FB471C82EAA@microsoft.com... > I am trying to find out how I can enter text in a cell and then press enter > in the same cell to add more text. ...

Vertical Alignment within a Line of Text
I have a line of text that has text and pictures. I would like to have the picture vertically centered with the text, rather than being aligned at the bottom. I am using Microsoft Word for Mac. I have tried Format>Document>Layout>Vertical Alignment>Top/Apply To: Selected Text. Doing so does not provide the correct results. Any suggestions? ...

Reply Message displays columm of the words "Plain Text"
In Outlook 2003, when I reply to a message, the reply message goes into normal view with a columm of the words "Plain Text" on the left side of the reply message. How can turn off the columm of the words "Plain Text" in normal view when I reply to a message? "Word 2003 to edit email message and Word 2003" and "Word 2003 to read Text email message" is check on. it sounds like you have the option enabled to view styles in use. can you make the column wider and narrower by dragging the center line? I'm not sure how to disable it other than it&...

Help with seperating data?
Hello I was wondering if anyone knows a way of seperating chunks of data into specific lines. i.e: THIS: href="3353-12American Baby href="1721-6American Cheerleader href="10a8-12American City & County href="2928-24American Conservative href="1072-6American Cowboy href="6035-6American Handgunner href="3343-6American Heritage href="2498-4American Heritage of Invention & Technology BECOMES THIS: href="3353-12American Baby href="1721-6American Cheerleader href="10a8-12American City & County href="2928-24American Conse...

Format Text for all new visio diagrams
Could someone please explain how to change the basic font from aria to some other font for all text in new visio diagrams? I am sure this must seem simple, but I just have not ever been able to do this. -- William W. Taylor You can edit the Normal style under Format > Define Styles and change the font for a drawing there. Many styles are based on Normal. Normal is the default style for blank drawings. You might also try and find BLNKDG_U.VSD or BLNKDG_M.VSD in the Visio install directories. Perhaps you can change that file (in Visio 2003). It's an idea I haven't tried yet....

Displaying Text
Hello, I have an MFC application, where I'm interested in displaying some text for the user in the client area. To do this, I create a device context, and use the .TextOut method to display CStrings. The problem begins when the window is resized, or when a menu that hides the text pops - once the menu is closed, or after the window has been resized, the text (or parts of it) are being erased. How can this be solved? I read that when the window is resized, OnPaint is called, and thus I tried displaying the text from there - hoping to re-display it "after" it has been erased. The...

Masking the sent from field with a seperate domain?
We have Exchange 2k3 and AD setup. We use the pop3 connector to download email from various seperately hosted domains and route the email to the correct client. Our users have noticed that any email they send shows the recipient the local domain in the sent from field. We need to mask it to say that it come from a different domain... for example one of the domains that we use to download email from using the pop3 connector. Is this possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Jackie Jackie wrote: > We have Exchange 2k3 and AD setup. We use the pop3 connector to > down...

Linking body text to multilevel lists that update
When writing large documents with numbered multilevel lists, is it possible to link body text to the numbers so that they both change together? For example: (Text for section 3.5) 3.1.5 Refer to item 2.1. If the document gets revised, and section 2.1 becomes section 3.1, it automatically updates (numbering), but the text in what is now section 4.1.5 still refers to section 2.1, which is incorrect. Can these be linked so that when the number becomes 3.1 (in the numbered multilevel list), the body text will also update automatically? The same situation exists when referenci...

Text to Columns...
Does anyone know the official function of the menu option called "Text to Columns..." which is found under the "data" option on the menu bar? How does it work? What is it supposed to do? Answers to these questions would be appreciated. Thank you... Craig craig_madrin@goodyear.com It allows you to separate text in a cell or column of cells either by position (fixed) or based on a delimiter, and place the separated data in one or more columns. It can also do some rudimentary data manipulation, including parsing dates, converting numbers to text, text, etc. Th...

Seperators
Hi I hope that someone can help? I have been sent a work book where several columns have data seperations between words as follows: "UK Pounds" The data appears to have a square box in between the "UK" and the "Pounds" Please can you advise a quick way to change the format in all columns in the worksheet Saved from a previous post: Chip Pearson has a very nice addin that will help determine what that character(s) is: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CellView.htm Since you do see a box, then you can either fix it via a helper cell or a macro: =substitute(a...

Renaming menu item and changing its prompt text...?
Hi, I rename one menu item at runtime as follows... int nCount = pMenu->GetMenuItemCount(); for (int i = 0; i < nCount; i++) { CString str; pMenu->GetMenuString(i, str, MF_BYPOSITION); if (str.CompareNoCase(_T("Old Name")) == 0) { UINT nId = pMenu->GetMenuItemID(i); pMenu->ModifyMenu(nId, MF_BYCOMMAND, nId, _T("New Name")); break; } } How can I change also its prompt text? TIA, -HS "HS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0e7101c3b40d$2864b910$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > ...

have 3 pieces of data in a cell seperated by a comma. How can I isolate the middle piece of data?
I've imported a large file of data that is basically three columns of data each seperated by a comma. (I could not figure out how to import them into a new spreadsheet so that each piece of data was automatically put into it's own column - but that is a different question) How can I do a "search replace" that will delete all of the data up to the firts comma? Then I would want to delete the data after the second comma in order to isolate the middle portion of data? Here is an example of the data: "10302003-12445","17.99","xyz21" Is there a be...

pasting text into a text box
For some reason I am unable to paste text into a chart text box, (with excel 2007). Is there a trick to this? Gary K. Five minutes with Excel 2007 show that there is no obvious way to paste copied text into the embedded text box. Aren't you glad you upgraded? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Gklass" <gmklass@ilstu.edu> wrote in message news:1180231963.336906.112430@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > For some reason I am unable to paste text into a chart ...

Default Text
How can I change the text default from "plain text" to "HTML"? I know it is probably easy, but I can't find the option anywhere. Any help is welcome. You don't say what version of Outlook you are using, but in 2003 (and XP, if I remember correctly), at the Inbox menu, select Tools, Options, Mail Format. Judy Freed Systems Development UNC Charlotte "Nancy" <photoconcepts@charter.net> wrote in message news:960801c4338e$4b5dfd40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How can I change the text default from "plain text" > to "HTML"? I know i...

text : Frequency
Hi, I need to know how many time I have a stringA StringB and a StringC in a column. I think frequency is only for numbers. How can I do it with Strings? So With the frequecies of each 3 strings,I will be able to build a flowchart. Thanks, J Jack use COUNTIF For example: =COUNTIF(A1:A200,B1) for a range in column A; adjust to suit or: =COUNTIF(A:A,B1) for all of column A Regards Trevor "Jack" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2a8f01c3fcad$c4a70dd0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I nee...

Seperate words in a field
I have data that has information in a field that I need to separate. Example: Jimmy Ray (2004) (director) (producer) Jenny Rich (2000) (Actress) From this example I need to separate the items in parentheses from the name and enter them all in different columns. Is there a query or other possible way to do this? Thanks for any help given. As I see it this would be a 2-step process.. First you would separate all words: Divide text across cells Select the range of cells that contains the text values. The range can be any number of rows tall, but no more than one...

text boxes same size
Is there a way in Publisher 2003 to select all text boxes on all pages and modify them so that they are the same size and have the same margins? ...

text recognition difference b/w commercial and non-commercial?
I have OneNotes 2007 installed at work on Windows 7 and text recognition works. I have it installed at home (non-commercial) on Windows 7 and I do not get text recognition. Both are SP2. But they look different. Does text recognition not work in the non-commercial version? This is the only thing that make OneNote worthwhile as a tool for me. MarkC wrote: >I have OneNotes 2007 installed at work on Windows 7 and text > recognition works. I have it installed at home (non-commercial) on > Windows 7 and I do not get text recognition. Both are SP2. But they > look d...

set increment increase in invoice number it
I am trying to get my invoice to increase in numbers incrementally but I have not been able to find the method used. Any suggestions? tiredstudent, A simple way would be to use something like this, you could assign it to a button, an open or before print event. Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = _ Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value + 1 For other ways to do this or if this is going to be used in a temple have a look here http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something...

text box outline
In my text box, I can click on the text and a square dotted blue line that surrounds the text. I can then click on some other text and the same thing happens. How can I remove the Blue line. It seems to be in the edit mode but I have even saved it and locked it (protect) mode. Still has to blue outline. Help! and Thanks The dotted blue line is to show you the Text Box boundary for when you don't have a printable formatted and View Text Boundaries are set to OFF. Does pressing the ESCAPE key hide them? But they should clear when you move the cursor elsewhere. If they...

sum and times within text boxes
I want to multiply text boxs ie 4(1box)x $1.00(2box)=Total $4.00 (3box). I also want sum total (5 text boxes) for grand total. Is this feasible on form?? Thanks On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 18:58:01 -0800, He cries for help <Hecriesforhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Have you tried an expression like: =[1box] * [2box] (assuming your control names are 1box and 2box. This expression would go in 3box' Control Source property. -Tom. >I want to multiply text boxs ie 4(1box)x $1.00(2box)=Total $4.00 (3box). >I also want sum total (5 text boxes) for grand total. > >Is this ...

Copy all Text
Hi, I am looking for help, I wish to copy all the text in a word document with a click of a command button, I have inserted the command button but I am looking for a macro to asign to the button, I cannot select the text as it is not editable due to restriction by filling in form, I am wanting to copy all the text in the doc to paste to another web based program. Regards Mark Did you read my reply in your previous, similar thread? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "terilad" <terilad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...