Sent to as attachment command

I was wondering if there is a way to set up a hyperlink
that when clicked sends the workbook as an attachment to
the person specified by the hyperlink??
0
tom.kiehl (1)

Hi Tom

A hyperlink can't do this as far as I know
But you can use a macro that will send it
to the address in the activecell

Sub Mail_workbook()
    If ActiveCell.Value Like "*@*" Then
        ActiveWorkbook.SendMail ActiveCell.Value, _
                                "This is the Subject line"
    End If
End Sub

See for more mail examples
http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2002 SP-2)

"Tom" <tom.kiehl@ppmc.net> wrote in message news:08d401c38844$1a0bcb00$a101280a@phx.gbl...
> I was wondering if there is a way to set up a hyperlink
> that when clicked sends the workbook as an attachment to
> the person specified by the hyperlink??

0
rondebruin (3789)

How can I setup a command line or something to automatically repai
Hi. I would like to setup some kind of mini backup solution to make a copy of my back-end MDB file and if it possible to repair it. I was thinking to have something in the windows schedule to run it at night or something? Is there anything? Regards, Marco "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5ACE5FC-C014-4CF2-85C7-1E80B4FFACD2@microsoft.com... > Hi. I would like to setup some kind of mini backup solution to make a copy > of > my back-end MDB file and if it possible to repair it. > > I was thinking to have something in the windo...

email attachement
I received an email that has an attachement. The attachement is a forwarded email via the sender's Blackberry (I think) - if not it's fro his Groupwise account. When i double click top open the attached email, nothing happens. If i send this email to a co-worker, he can open the attachement. We both use Outllok 2007 so I believe it's a config setting for Outlook but i cannot figure out what setting needs to be changed so I can open that attached email. You fail to mention just what the attachment type is? "AJL2010" <AJL2010@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

how do i openexcel spreadsheet sent via e mail
how do iopen aspreadsheet sent via email windows need to know what programme created it .i dont understand Hi Always copy the file on your harddisk first before you open it Never open it in the mail. Maybe they send a link to the file to you instead of the file ? You can try this Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1 ) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver&qu...

Sent to as attachment command
I was wondering if there is a way to set up a hyperlink that when clicked sends the workbook as an attachment to the person specified by the hyperlink?? Hi Tom A hyperlink can't do this as far as I know But you can use a macro that will send it to the address in the activecell Sub Mail_workbook() If ActiveCell.Value Like "*@*" Then ActiveWorkbook.SendMail ActiveCell.Value, _ "This is the Subject line" End If End Sub See for more mail examples http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro...

Sent Mail, have mail in sent box not sent by me??
This has now happened two weeks in a row. How can I correct this? My computer is turned off when this is done. Email is being sent to people not in my contact list. Do I have to close this account in order to correct? Is it a Hotmail account? Recent reports of Hotmail Account hijacks http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=1fe6ed3e-eef6-4c57-933f-f3c408f1c5c1 If from another mail service, You can use the above as a guide for the sorts of things to check/change. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "eve" <eve@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Outlook Freezes on email attachments
Hi All: Using Oulook xp, win pro xp, When recieving emails with attachements as soon as i click on email to preview oulook locks (not responding and requires an outlook shut down) all works ok less attachments emails. I have turned off virus protection. Ed ...

Finding "missing" Sent Mail
Hello... My Boss just came to me in a panic as he had a message on his screen about consolidating his mail (how he describes it) and he told it Yes.. He now can not find his saved Sent Mail.... Can you help? Where did it go? Thank you... Hi Stan, Perhaps he archived his email? Open Outlook, click on Tools > Options > Other > Autoarchive and see if autoarchive appears to be turned on. If it is, this will show you the exact file the items have been moved to. Next you will need for Outlook to display this file within the user interface. To do that, click on File >...

No labels for sent or forwared mail
Sometimes when I am forwarding or replying mails label of message is not changing as forwarded or replayed. Where is problem and how I can solve it? Thank You. Girts You mean the icon doesn't reflect the change? See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/291 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "girts" <girts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

old email sent back randomly
Hi, I'm running exchange 2000 on a server 2000 professional, both exchange and windows with the latest patches installed. One user sent an email in september to a bunch of people with an attachment of around 800 KB. Randomly this email is sent back to some of the people recipients of the first email. The user who sent the email and who is in destination of this email, does not receive it. Some of the recipients do not receive it and a NDR is generated however their email address is correct. I've checked the outbox on both outlook and outlook web access on the user'...

Forwarded messages in body of email not attachments
Getting back to Outlook after 5 years of not having it...when I receive a forwarded message, the forward comes in as an attachment - is there a way to set it up so that the forward is part of the body of the original email? (I'm using Outlook Connector, in case that matters - two email addresses.) Thanks! "AnneCir" <AnneCir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7EBCE93-4C4B-48AE-8767-88F317AAB9B6@microsoft.com... > Getting back to Outlook after 5 years of not having it...when I > receive a > forwarded message, the forward comes in as an attac...

Preventing End users in Outlook from Deleting sent folders
I want to be able to prevent users from deleting their sent emails. Is there a way to do so on the server side? I've never heard of any way to do this...all you could do, if you need to ensure you have copies of all data, would be to enable journaling... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFE53D7E-E2D3-4AB8-98EF-A1F781791308@microsoft.com... > I want to be able to prevent users from deleting their sent emails. Is there > a way to do so on the server side? Nope. A user has full control over their *own* mail...

how to automatically show image attachment in e-mail
Hi, I wonder if there is any way to make outlook (2003) to automatically show image attachments without having to double click to open one at a time. Regards, Nattapon Only if the sender imbeds the image in RTF or HTML mail. As the recipient, you cannot force this. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Nattapon Chatprechakul <nchatprechakul@a4news.com> asked: | Hi, | I wonder if...

mail not sent
User had an Excel spreadsheet open and tried e-mailing it from with Excel. It would not send. Message would appear at top saying that the file has not been sent. Has happened with other users. ...

Sent Items Disappear
For some reason, after an e-mail has been sent and it is moved to the sent items folder, it doesn't always stay there. Go back a day later and some of the e-mails you sent will be there, and some won't be. It seems to be doing this at random. We're utilizing Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2000 Post SP3 Rollup on the backend. The cache exchange feature is also being used if that makes a difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely, Justin Swall ...

Signature on Forwards as Attachments
In Outlook 2003, I have a user who has her Outlook configured to automatically insert a signature on all emails, even replies and forwards. She also has it set so that when she forwards an email, it forwards it as an attachment. She does not have Word set as her email editor. When she forwards an email, the signature does not automatically show up. Any ideas why? These are all options in Outlook. You need to spend a few minutes using the TOOLS | OPTIONS menu and "tweeking" your settings. Example: Open Outlook Select the TOOLS menu Select the OPTIONS menu Sele...

Outlook 2003/Sent to folder
Does anyone know why my sent to folder will not display the id of the person I sent the email to even if I select "to" in the arranged by section???? It's making it difficult to grab previously sent I without having to scan the subjects and do a search. I would much appreciate the assistance! Did you try resetting the view? -- -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a ...

Attachments #99
I can only view attachments if I save them first. Who do I change the settings so that I can just open the attachments without saving them first? Justine <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I can only view attachments if I save them first. Who do > I change the settings so that I can just open the > attachments without saving them first? What happens when you try? -- Brian Tillman When I try to open an attachment there is a pop up and it only gives me the option of saving the attachment. >-----Original Message----- >Justine <anonymous@discussions.m...

Trying to Build a Main Menu form with Command Buttons
I have a very simple DB; 2 tables with a simple input form for each and a few reports. The forms and reports run wonderfully. I'm trying to create a "Main Menu" form with command buttons that open the appropriate form, or run the appropriate report. I've used the Buttons Wizard to add buttons to the "blank" form, but when I click on those buttons in Form View, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong??? Easy way is to create a blank new form in design view. Add the command buttons you need. Code for a button like this Private Sub Form1Button_Click...

How can I confirm a 'sent' e-mail?
Please tell me how I can tell if my e-mail has been sent. It will be in the Sent folder of your e-mail application. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "Giacomo" <Giacomo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1133488-777F-4A5E-9E1D-63323636...

Printing Command Buttons #2
I have built a workbook with multiple command buttons on each worksheet. When i try to print the worksheet many of the command buttons float all over the page. Does anyone know which properties to change or how to keep the buttons locked into a location? Thanks for your help Hi Ed Maybe this is your problem http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;838910 Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002 -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Ed" <eprill@saatchix.com> wrote in message news:099901c46e6d$49bc8a00$a601280a@phx...

display sent msg sent from outlook in sent item on server
i am using outlook express, but when i send any msg from outlook, it never appear in sent items on server, is there any feature that if i sent msg from outlook it appear in sent message section on server. You'll need an IMAP account for that. You probably have a POP3 account. Contact your ISP and ask if they support IMAP as well for your account. Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us...

OE automatically removing attachment
I can't open any attachment I receive as OE has removed access to it. How can this be reversed? Thanks W Mercer <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I can't open any attachment I receive as OE has removed > access to it. How can this be reversed? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. (Hint: Tools>Options>Security) -- Brian Tillman Goto Tools, Options, Security, and uncheck "Do not allow attachments to be saved..." >-----Original Message----- >I can't open any attachment I receive as OE has removed >access to it. How can th...

Exchange 2003 Not Storing Email in Sent Items
We just migrated over to 2003 and Exchange 2003 and have been noticing sporadic occasions of some email not being saved in sent items. No, there are no filter, rules or anything on the outlook clients and this does NOT happen on ever mail so "save sent items" is turned on. At first it seemed that it was only emails that were old but I have users reporting that after creating a brand new email they are not stored. I have another user that when he forwards a certain email it will not show up no matter how many times you try. I've logged in using OWE and other workstations with ...

Running an Excel Macro from an Access Command Button
Hi , Can anyone help me with this, I am trying to run an excel macro from an access command button. I want the macro to Bold the Headings on a excel spreadsheet. The code runs without any errors but the macro doesnt seem to work, I think I have got the line ExcelApp.ExecuteExcel4Macro "RUN(""PERSONAL.XLS!BoldHead"")" wrong The code: Private Sub cmdRunMac_Click() Dim ExcelApp As Excel.Application Dim ExcelBook As Excel.Workbook Set ExcelApp = Excel.Application ExcelApp.Visible = True Set ExcelBook = ExcelApp.Workbooks.Open("C:\Documents and Settings\...

How do you change the max allowable size of attachments to records?
Subject says it. How do you change the max allowable size of attachments to records? TIA Antony Hi Antony, You can specify the size of the attachment in registry settings -> maxuploadfilesize. HTH, Niths "Antony" wrote: > Subject says it. How do you change the max allowable size of attachments to > records? TIA > Antony > ...