SendUsing"configuration value is invalid

I currently use either AOL or Lycos to send and receive e-mail. I woul
like to setup a worksheet to send out e-mail reminders. I receiving th
error SendUsing"configuration value is invalid see code below:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Dim iMsg As Object
Dim iConf As Object
Dim cell As Range
'    Dim Flds As Variant

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

'    Set iConf = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")
'    iConf.Load -1    ' CDO Source Defaults
'    Set Flds = iConf.Fields
'    With Flds
'
.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = 2
'
.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver")
smtp.mail.lycos.com
'
.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport"
= 25
'        .Update
'    End With

For Each cell I
Sheets("Sheet1").Columns("B").Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants)
If cell.Offset(0, 1).Value <> "" Then
If cell.Value Like "*@*" And cell.Offset(0, 1).Value
"yes" Then
Set iMsg = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
With iMsg
Set .Configuration = iConf
.To = cell.Value
.From = """username"" <username@lycos.com>"
.Subject = "Reminder"
.TextBody = "Dear " & cell.Offset(0, -1).Value
vbNewLine & vbNewLine & _
"This e-mail is to remind you of ou
next meeting"
.Send
End With

Set iMsg = Nothing
End If
End If
Next cell
Set iConf = Nothing
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Su

--
jpal
jpalm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1617

Hi jpalm

Try it with quotes

"smtp.mail.lycos.com"

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"jpalm" <jpalm.1fbxsn@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:jpalm.1fbxsn@excelforum-nospam.com...

> I currently use either AOL or Lycos to send and receive e-mail. I would
> like to setup a worksheet to send out e-mail reminders. I receiving the
> error SendUsing"configuration value is invalid see code below:
>
> Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
> Dim iMsg As Object
> Dim iConf As Object
> Dim cell As Range
> '    Dim Flds As Variant
>
> Application.ScreenUpdating = False
>
> '    Set iConf = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")
> '    iConf.Load -1    ' CDO Source Defaults
> '    Set Flds = iConf.Fields
> '    With Flds
> '
> Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = 2
> '
> Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") =
> smtp.mail.lycos.com
> '
> Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport")
> = 25
> '        .Update
> '    End With
>
> For Each cell In
> Sheets("Sheet1").Columns("B").Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants)
> If cell.Offset(0, 1).Value <> "" Then
> If cell.Value Like "*@*" And cell.Offset(0, 1).Value =
> "yes" Then
> Set iMsg = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
> With iMsg
> Set .Configuration = iConf
> To = cell.Value
> From = """username"" <username@lycos.com>"
> Subject = "Reminder"
> TextBody = "Dear " & cell.Offset(0, -1).Value &
> vbNewLine & vbNewLine & _
> "This e-mail is to remind you of our
> next meeting"
> Send
> End With
>
> Set iMsg = Nothing
> End If
> End If
> Next cell
> Set iConf = Nothing
> Application.ScreenUpdating = True
> End Sub
>

> --
> jpalm
> jpalm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16170
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=275962

0
rondebruin (3789)

SBS 2008 Std.
Setup: SBS 2008 Std, with two WinXP Pro PC's in the domain. Firewall is a SonicWall TZ-100. ISP is Windstream. We've had the server less than a month and are slowly rolling out features. Convinced the boss to let me install WSUS, but I'm confused. In a previous job I managed SBS 2003 with ISA 2004; it was quite clear what my proxy server was. However, that was the ONLY network I ever worked in as the sole admin. What's going on is that I can't detect computers from within the SBS console. I'm pretty sure I got the GPO's right for the PC's and ...

conditional formatting rows on column values...
if C column has TRUE, I want the line(A through C column) to be formatted. I want to use conditional formatting. formula:="$c=TRUE" target=$A$1:$C$274 I use excel 2007. what's wrong? TIA. Hi Try =$C1=TRUE -- Regards Roger Govier "kang" <kang@hao.com> wrote in message news:OLUjuVRzHHA.3536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > if C column has TRUE, I want the line(A through C column) to be formatted. > I want to use conditional formatting. > formula:="$c=TRUE" > target=$A$1:$C$274 > I use excel 2007. > > what's wrong? > > TIA. ...

How do I plot chart with negative value using Logarithmic Scale ?
On Sun, 14 May 2006, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, FTian <FTian@discussions.microsoft.com> said: [no content, but Subject line reads: "How do I plot chart with negative value using Logarithmic Scale ?"] It's not Excel's fault you can't do that, it's a mathematical impossibility. Zero is an infinite distance way down past the bottom of the chart, and negative numbers are "beyond infinity". If you still want to try it, then you need to use a linear scale, but create a column with a formula that looks like: =IF(x<0,-LN(-x),LN(x)) and p...

Outlook 2007 Ignoring Mail Format Configured for Contact
I posted this question in microsoft.public.office.misc before I find this group... So I am posting again. I need to send emails to a particular internet email address (i.e., not in exchange) in Plain Text. I attempted to configure this in the following ways: Attempt 1: 1) Open Contact window 2) Double click Email... field under Internet section 3) Set Internet format to "Send Plain Text only" Attempt 2: 1) Open Contact window 2) Right click Email... field under Internet section 3) Select Send Option... 4) Check "I want to specify the format..." 5) Selec...

SSL Sending via IMAP Configuration?
I'm trying to configure Exchange2003 to be able to send emails from outside IPs using IMAP with SSL. I can receive IMAP mail over SSL no problem. I don't want to use any VPNs for this if possible. Has anyone have any Exchange configuration settings to allow outside IP's (like home users DSL) to be able to send IMAP email over SSL? Ed <google2@yahoo.com> wrote: >I'm trying to configure Exchange2003 to be able to send emails from >outside IPs using IMAP with SSL. I can receive IMAP mail over SSL no >problem. I don't want to use any VPNs for this if pos...

Endlessly repeating values
I am working in a spreadsheet created by my predecessor at the state agency where I work, and have come across a peculiar bug. In certain cells, whenever I type in a value, then that value will repeat endlessly. For example, if I type in "45", then Excel converts it to "454545454545..." and so on ad infinitum. I have a fair amount of experience with Excel, but have never seen it do this before, can anyone suggest a way to turn it off? Check Format|Cells|Alignment tab Do you have the horizontal alignment set to Fill? nickxylas@wmconnect.com wrote: > > I am working ...

WSS indicates its not finished configuring
Ok. I installed everything for project server 2007 on a farm of 2 servers. WSS keeps saying in big red colors that it is not funished. The odd thing is that the whole system works, at least to the point that WSS functions and PS 2007 website works just fine. How do get WSS to stop telling me that its not complete? Once again William, you need to provide specific information. We're not clairvoyant! -- Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com FAQs and Reference http://www.projectserverexperts.com BLOG: http://projectserverhe...

MACRO
Any help would be greatlyi appreciated. I need a macro that copys rows on a spreadsheet to another spreadsheet based on the value thats in the B column. For example, b4 has "RES" as the value, so i want row 4 to go to the first available line on the RES sheet. If it had "BOB" as the value, i would like it to go to the BOB sheet on the first available line. I would like to be able to do this with the entire sheet. Thanks! Is this a repetitive task? If not, you can use Data/AutoFilter, then copy the displayed rows to the appropriate sheet, then go on to the next name....

SendUsing"configuration value is invalid
I currently use either AOL or Lycos to send and receive e-mail. I woul like to setup a worksheet to send out e-mail reminders. I receiving th error SendUsing"configuration value is invalid see code below: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim iMsg As Object Dim iConf As Object Dim cell As Range ' Dim Flds As Variant Application.ScreenUpdating = False ' Set iConf = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration") ' iConf.Load -1 ' CDO Source Defaults ' Set Flds = iConf.Fields ' With Flds ' .Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/conf...

Information service not configured
> Help! Does anyone know what's going on here? I keep > getting the following message when receiving mail: > > "This information service has not been configured. > Select an existing file to configure, or type the name of > a new file to create." > > If I hit OK (the only selection available) a dialog > appears with a list of .pst files. No matter which one I > select, I just end up back at the initial error message. > If I select cancel in the dialog, I go back and forth > between the error message and the dialog several times...

Strange Behavior with Default Values
For some odd reason, default values (those set within a picklist or boolean field) do not show up on the print or preview screens... Can anyone provide me with an explanation and/or solution to this anomaly? -Justin ...

How can I determine minute serial number values?
I am trying to set up a travel itinerary - and I want to find serial number values for duration of time. How can I do this? Optionally: what I am trying to do is to set in the time of travel between two points, the length of time that I will be there and so on so that I can see how my itinerary will be affected depending on the length of stay in an area. This is important to calculate and adjust as I am dealing with ferry schedules here in western Norway. Anyone have a better idea of how I can do this? Thank you for any assistance anyone can provide. Seth --------------------------------...

Invalid address filtering
We have a number of former employees who signed up for many different news letters and email updates. The problem we have no is that there are a number of emails to former employees that could just be deleted. Is there a way to setup exchange to check all incoming email to find the invalid addresses and return them or delete them? We are using Exchange 2003 with SBS 2003. Our email comes in through a POP3 connector (we will be hosting our own email in 3 weeks) and is then delivered to each user. Each user has a POP3 account and it's not coming into one large mailbox. Any furth...

Vlookup will not retrun value
I have a very simple formula =VLOOKUP(M3,Days!$A$5:$I$28,9,FALSE) When I change M3 to N3 and hit enter, I see =VLOOKUP(N3,Days!$A$5:$I$28,9,FALSE) displayed. How do I get this to retun the value and not the text string? Format the cell as General (or anything but text). Then hit F2, then enter (excel will see that it's a formula) Dave Shultz wrote: > > I have a very simple formula > > =VLOOKUP(M3,Days!$A$5:$I$28,9,FALSE) > > When I change M3 to N3 and hit enter, I see > =VLOOKUP(N3,Days!$A$5:$I$28,9,FALSE) displayed. How do I get this to ret...

Help
I just started a 3 week trip and need to run Money to track spending while I'm away. However, when I start Money, it is trying to install something, and wants the Money CD, which is back at home. Yes, I know I should have tried this before I left, but the laptop with Money hasn't changed - its just out of its docking station. I thought I'd ask on the small chance that someone might have a clue on what might cause this and/or how to get around it. I can't think of any reason for something to be installed, but there must be something. Thanks TM What file(s) is it asking for...

Invalid page fault
Excel 97 works okay, except that when I try to get into Tools>Options I get a box which says: ------ EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in module EXCEL.EXE at 0187:30090000. Registers: EAX=00000001 CS=0187 EIP=30090000 EFLGS=00010207 EBX=0000000c SS=018f ESP=0062efbc EBP=0000006c ECX=00000003 DS=018f ESI=00000025 FS=12bf EDX=00000000 ES=018f EDI=0062f6e0 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 18 00 8d 88 80 03 00 00 3b cf 75 06 8d 88 94 09 Stack dump: 0062f6f8 00000009 00000000 0062f038 00000000 0062f6f8 00000000 0062efb0 3009e51e 000027df c12e017f 016f17cf 250e0f76 00000000 bfdf10a0 0062f440 ----- I...

How to create Release mode configure
Hi all, i am building a project, but i removed default Release configure, and now i try to use Debug config to copy to Release and then change something NDEBUG, Debug info is none, uncheck Generate Debug info any one can help me do this so that i dn't need to create new project again? Turn on optimizations. Do NOT turn off "Generate debug info"; it was a fundamental design error in VS to turn this off. You will need it to read crash dumps coming back from the field. Turn off the various runtime checks. Select the libraries to be the MultiThreaded DLL or for static lin...

Copy & Paste cells dependent on value
Hi, Im creating a financial projection worksheet but haven't decided on when each product will launch. I want C6 value if = 1 to copy E5:P5 and paste at E5:P5 if C6 = 2 copy E5:P5 and paste at f5:q5 if C6 = 3 copy E5:P5 and paste at g5:r5 ect THis is the code I came up with: Sub Macro1() Sheets("Revenue table").Select cval = Range("C6") Sheets("OpenCAM Quarterly Projections").Select Range("E5:P5").Select Selection.Clear Range("E5").Select Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Select S...

match values
I have two fields in a query: closed date final closed date In my dataset I sometimes have property ids listed twice but both date fields are not always filled in. I want the query to fill in the date field that is blank with the corresponding date field of the same property id is presented. Example: Property id closed date final closed date 123 1/1/2009 123 2/3/2009 In the example above I would want the query to update line one with a final closed date of ...

how to lookup value on another sheet?
I'm going to oversimply my example for the sake of making my point, so please don't ask "why bother doing that?" Sheet1 has a list of product ID (SKU) values. Sheet2 has a list of *some* of those values, plus another cell that represents the cost of that item. How can I put the cost value from Sheet2 next to the ID value in Sheet1, where Sheet2 has the cost. Example of Sheet1: ID COST 123 {the formula I want will pull the $75 value from Sheet2 data} 124 {the formula I want wont find answer in Sheet2 data} 125 {the fo...

Using VLOOKUP to Sum values from multiple columns
I am trying to use VLOOKUP to sum multiple values from different columns. I need this because the value is given by name of machine, and in the column directly right of that the cost is given. The table looks like this. 2010 2011 A B C D M086-1 7000 M105 10000 M105 5000 F120 9200 F120 2500 M086-1 7600 F102 1500 F102 5500 It goes on like this for a list of over 100 machines, and there are about 10 columns. So i need to sum the values for each machine over these columns. Say for instance i want to get the total...

monetary values
Why do monetary values show up as the pound sign's? pound signs as in # or the British POund "John O" wrote: > Why do monetary values show up as the pound sign's? Check a) your Regional Settings b) the currency Style BTW: what Excel version and what country are you in? -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "John O" <John O@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC4F82D2-FD3F-4472-83E1-AA462540CC99@microsoft.com... > Why do monetary values show up as the pound sign's? Yes,...

configuration
Whwnever I start Windows, Office tries to reconfigure Publisher - how do I stop this? What version Publisher? You receive a "Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office XP Pro" error message when you upgrade to Office 2003 or Office 2007 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825941/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "BG" <BG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B81BB44C-05D4-4435-BCED-9DA45DACCB96@microsoft.com... > Whwnever I start Windows, Office tries to reconfigure...

Looking for function to pick out names and at values from the same row
Say I have 3 Rows: Income | Expanses | Memo | 10.00 | Food | 5.00 | Gas | 15.00| Food Now I'm looking for a function that searches for a string such as "Food" and then add all Values of the Expanses Tab of this certain tab, so that all values of Food will be added automatically so that the result of this would be 25.00... I would really appreciate any help -- johnsvolition ------------------------------------------------------------------------ johnsvolition's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27263 View this ...

Lookup table that takes into account 2 values to give 1 output value
Hi I am wanting to create a lookup table that uses 2 values as an assessment tool. The table looks at peoples perfomance (P) levels and a percentage between each level to give a numerical value output. Cell B1 contains 'P Level' (input value, this ranges from P1 to P8). Cell B2 contains the percentage (input value). In columns G are the 'P level' values, in column H are the percentages (the percentages are divided into 5th's, between 1 and 20%, between 21 and 40%, between 41 and 60%, between 61 and 80% and between 81and 100%. In column I are numerical values. I want to cr...