Sending Word Attachment Using a Macro

I am using a Macro to email several addresses at once. The problem is that
the file i want to send is in word and it is too complicated to recreate in
excel. What is the VBA code to do this (if there is one). I know the exact
location of the file on my pc, i just dont know how to tell VBA where it is.

Any help would be really appreciated

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy

If you use Outlook then see the outlook object model examples on my site
http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Andy@HycoMan" <AndyHycoMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8DA26EE-127A-4BD1-A295-F4BCC57DA3EF@microsoft.com...
>I am using a Macro to email several addresses at once. The problem is that
> the file i want to send is in word and it is too complicated to recreate in
> excel. What is the VBA code to do this (if there is one). I know the exact
> location of the file on my pc, i just dont know how to tell VBA where it is.
>
> Any help would be really appreciated
>
> Thanks
>
> Andy

0
rondebruin (3790)

E-mail Formats and Send Address
Thank-you to whoever answered my last question, as a result of which I've gone back to the "Internet" e-mail option. I've also elected not to use RTF as my e-mail format, reverting to plain old Text. However, I would like to use Word as my e-mail editor but.... I would also like to be able to click on the down arrow by the send button to select the e-mail's from address, and..... ....the down arrow only appears when Word is turned off! I've tried the HTML option too, and the same applies. I could've sworn this worked the day before yesterday. Is there any w...

Using alias address
We use an exchange server at work for e-mail. I have set up an alias that I use for receiving mail but I wanted to use the alias for sending all the mail as well. I was told that it cannot be done in exchange but I can use a POP server. So I set up the alias to use the POP and made it my default account. But it still continues to use the exchange serever account on outgoing mail. Incoming mail is working fine for both the accounts. Isnt there a way I can use the alias to send the e-mail as well? I can change the outgoing accont/address for each message but by default it picks up the exc...

Outlook 2003: Can't open/save .rtf or.wav attachments ...Check your permissions for the folder.
Hi All, I have since a couple of day's serious problems with my Outlook 2003. When I receive an E-mail with an .rtf of .wav attachment is it impossible to save or open it. I have always the error messages: Can't create file. Right-click the folder you want to create item in and then click on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder. Also when I check the permissions of the temporary internet files everything seems to be ok... Please help! Thank you in advance, Nick Does this also occur after you clear the Temporary Internet Files folder from Control Panel->...

Got bounce back message when accept meeting request and send respo
Hi, Our company is using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. There is one user, we call it userA, sent meeting request to userB, when userB accepted userA's request and sent the response, userA got the response back, but at the same time, userB also got bounce back message regarding undeliverable to userC, who is gone for long time, userC's mailbox and account has been completely deleted. It only happens when userA sends meeting request to others, userA doesn't has any problem with other email communication. I am wondering why the response message sent to other user as well as ...

Sending messages in Outlook

Email closes Word Document
When I am working in a Word Document (2003) and an email (Outlook ) arrives the word doc switches to the email Screen. is there a setting that I should be changing? -- Methals ...

Send Do Not Send

Macro checkbox
Word, making a template. I used form menu, chk box form field. The "X" (when checked) isn't dark enough for our taste so I'm trying to design an alternative that would be DARKER. So instead, I put in a text form field in a small cell with a border. Type is regular text, one position, uppercase. Thus when I put in an "x" it prints a bold "X" in the cell. Rather than my way of having to put an "x" in the field, is there a macro I could put in the text form macro on entry field that would toggle a space (like the real chk box) between a ...

attachments to calendar item scheduled by someone else
How does one add information/attachments to a calendar item scheduled by someone else so that the information/attachments are not lost when the meeting is updated by the organizer? Thanks, Barb ...

sending excel
When I tried to send the program excel from one of my computers to my other computer by email. It was opening when all of a sudden, it said one of the components was missing. ms097.dll Can I not email the program excel. I own it and I was sending it to another computer. You can send Excel workbooks from one computer to another, but not the Excel program. Check the licence that came with your copy of Excel. You can use the CDs to install the program on one computer, and perhaps another copy can be installed on a laptop computer. mike wrote: > When I tried to send the program excel fr...

Problem using Vlookup as a function in VBA.
Using xl2000: If anybdy could assist me I would be thankful. I'm trying to use the VLOOKUP function within a Public declared function as such : Public Function color(address As Range) ColorRange = Worksheets("sheet1").Range("range") color = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(address.Value, ColorRange, 2) End Function and the worksheet is set out as such A B C D 1 04-Mar-04 orange lime 2 3 4 01-Mar-04 grey 5 02-Mar-04 black 6 03-Mar-04 red 7 04-Mar-04 orange 8 05-Mar-04 w...

Can't Edit Send/Receive Group
Unable to edit the "all account" group. Additionally, an "operation failed" message is received when an attempt is made to edit the group. The symptoms equally apply when a new group is created...Appreciate any advice ...

Send as email greyed out
Hi, I am still unable to get an email merge to work. I've done everything I can to ensure that Outlook 07 is my default mail client (and it is). I've also added the "send as email" button to my MS Word tool bar. However, this is greyed out, which makes me think there is something not quite right in my setup. I looked at this page: http://help.lockergnome.com/office/Word-2007-greyed--ftopict938539.html and they refer to a registry addition - would it be a good idea to try this in Vista Business? Grateful for advice as I can't get mailouts to go till this is sorted. Tha...

Setup Outlook 2003 to reply using Quotes
I have read some posts already but I am not clear on the quoting/replying method. I have set outlook 2003 as follows: Tools/options/mail - preferences tab - mail options, and then set to prefix with a > for replys and forwards. I get a whole bunch of > on some messages and mostly blue lines on the side for the rest, so I can't do the proper quoting. How is this supposed to be setup? Each time you reply should I cut and paste the text I don't want in the message or is there something that helps do that? If you can reply to this message and use the quoting method as the other g...

Cannot send to newgroup?
Why not? Seems to work as you posted here. If you have issues posting via Outlook Express to this newsgroup, ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup as Microsoft Office Outlook isn't an newsreader. Here is the link for the right forum http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- ...

Send Later sends email to outbox
When I make an email and want to save it in the Drafts folder, how do I do this? In OE as I recall I could click the "Send Later" option and it would file the email in the drafts folder. In WLM it saves the email in the Outbox, then I have to manually move it to the drafts folder. That combined with the fact that the unchecking the option to send/receive messages doesn't actually work, kind of sets you up for sending emails that are not ready for prime time. GC "Chips" <chips1@reliableins.nospam> wrote in message news:O6bOPeBULHA.620@...

Cannot get Outlook to send or receive
I have been using Outlook Express for several years.\ Now with Outlook from OfficeXP, I cannot get messages or send any. I have checked to connections in the SMTP and they are, as far as I can see they are correc. I cannot find the Outbox to see if anything is trapped in there but nothing got sent out. ...

Sending Case email updates to Contact.
I want to be able to send email updates for cases to not just a client but a specific contact within the client. I see that the email action supports a contact as a recipient, however, I cannot see how to add a contact to a new case. The only close field is "responsible contact", and this is not listed as an email recipient. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

How can I suppress prompts during macro run?
I created a macro which in which I delete a sheet (tab). During the run I get a prompt if I want to delete the sheet. How can I build in that I don't get a prompt or that I can answer automatically? I have the same problem when saving. I overwrite an existing file and I'm prompted if I want to overwrite, which I want. How can I suppress these prompts or answer automatically? Thank you for helping me out on this!! Andor Precede the delete with Application.Displayalerts = False and reset to True afterwards -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing di...

Vendor Sending Us a Check
We inadvertantly received and paid a duplicate invoice to a vendor. The vendor has already cashed our check. To fix the issue, they have sent us a check. We do not have the Customer/Vendor Consolidation function. How can we process this through on the Payables module? We are interested in Vendor History and 1099 amounts. Hi Jav, You can create a Return Transaction and at the same time apply the check you received using the PM Trans Window Return and Cash or Checque field. This way you have the record of the transaction within Payables Management. Cheers, Ems "jav" wro...

How do I change a flyer (word document) into a picture?
I created a flyer and I want to change it into a picture so I can upload it as a picture on facebook. How do I change the 2007 word document into a picture? This newsgroup is for Microsoft Project, a planning and scheduling application. Questions about Microsoft Word, should be published to the Word newsgroup. To address your question, try using File/Save As... and select type PDF. If the document must be an image format (such as BMP, JPG, GIG, etc) you will probably need some screen capture software such as Snag-It or the clipping tool available with Windows Vista and later. ...

linking Excel table to word
Can anyone tell me how I can have an excel table linked to a word table so that the word table dynamically updates itself based on the values in excel cells? Much appreciate it if anyone can point me to direction Thrava Hi in MS Word just insert the Excel sheet as Excel object (Edit - Paste Special) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Thrava" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0cea01c46e91$faae80b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me how I can have an excel table linked to > a word table so that the word table dynamically u...

Sending Blank Email
Hello, we are having an issue were some email recipients are receiving the emails from out exchange server but the body of the email is blank. This is not an issue with most recipients but a handful of people are recieving email with blank message body from our exchange 2003 server. We recently applied SP2 and we are using Trend Micro's Messaging Suite 3.0-SP1. Anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks in advance Aaron Are the users with this problem consistently the same? Anything consistent about the types of email, for example are they formatted as HTML? Have considered disabling...

Adding attachment in mail merge
Hi, Does anyone know how to add attachment on email merge in SFO? Is it possible to do so without customization?? Thanks, Carrie ...

Can't read using Outlook 2003?
I'm running XP Pro SP2. Up until yesterday I had been running Office XP Pro (aka Office 2002) with zero problems. Yesterday, 1/4/06, I did an upgrade install of Office 2003. The install went smoothly, I thought. Launched Outlook; the PST file appeared was intact, PAB too, and all the settings; except I only got headers (no text) in the read pane. Today, I un-installed Office 2003 & deleted the Office11 directory. Re-installed Office XP Pro. All the text was present. So then I un-installed 2003 and deleted its Office10 directory; and proceeded to do a clean install of Office 20...