Sending a macro to another PC-how?

How do you send a macro you've written to another PC so
that they can save it in their Personal.xls file (at
Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\XLStart)?
0
azalaksh (1)

You can export a macro and save it, to do this from your workbook,
right-click the workbook's icon and pick View Code. This icon is to the left
of the "File" menu this will open the VBA editor, click on the module you
want to save and go to file and export file, then save it to a floppy or
what ever you backup to, then import it to the new workbook.

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2000 & 97
"KSH" <azalaksh@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> How do you send a macro you've written to another PC so
> that they can save it in their Personal.xls file (at
> Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\XLStart)?

0
newspab (272)
11/2/2003 2:53:10 PM
highlight the code in the VBA editor and paste it in Word or similar, send
to the other and paste in the personal.xls VBA editor of the other PC.

HTH Gilles
"KSH" <azalaksh@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> How do you send a macro you've written to another PC so
> that they can save it in their Personal.xls file (at
> Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\XLStart)?

In the VBA Editor, open the module containing the macro, then go to the File
menu, choose Export. This will create a file called Module1.bas or something
similar.  You can then send this file to other users.  The user can import
this file in to his personal.xls file by opening Personal.xls in the VBA
editor and choosing Import from the File menu.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"KSH" <azalaksh@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> How do you send a macro you've written to another PC so
> that they can save it in their Personal.xls file (at
> Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\XLStart)?

0
chip1 (1821)
11/2/2003 3:00:25 PM
KSH,

Go into the VBA Editor (Alt + F11)
Open the Personal.xls in the Projects window.
Create a new module in Personal.xls. (name it something unique
so that there won't be any conflicts at the receiving end)
Cut and paste (not copy and paste) the macro that you want to send into
this new module.
Right click on the module and export it. (It'll be a .bas file. Take note of
where it's saved).
Send that .bas file to whomever you want.
Have them import it into their Personal.xls

John

"KSH" <azalaksh@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> How do you send a macro you've written to another PC so
> that they can save it in their Personal.xls file (at
> Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\XLStart)?

0
jwilson (359)

No message in outbox

Sending mail from remote location

Macro and sub rountines
I have a spreadsheet with 100 tabs, it is automatically created from another program (Microsoft FRx Financial Statement program) I need to reformat each tab so that the report will print the way I want it to. I was able to create a macro that does what I want, but I don't know how to easily copy it so that it works universally for all tabs in the workbook. This is what I tried but it doesn't work and I need some help The problem is with Sub Macro2(), I don't know how to set up a nested macro so the macro will repeat itself for all tabs in the workbook Sub Macro2() ' &...

Sending a macro to another PC-how?

Send and Recieve Fix

automate the macro to reponse to prompts
I created the following Macro to convert a workbook to a new version workbook. In the course of execution, I have to response to 3 prompts. 1) Do you want to save the changes you make to 'WorkbookA.xls' ? -- No 2) There is a large amount of Information on the Clipboard. Do you want to be able to paste the information into another program later ? -- No 3) A file named 'c:\test\WorkbookA' already exists in the location. Do you want to replace it ? -- Yes How do I automate the macro to these prompts ? Sub WorkbookVersionConversion() Workbooks.Open Filena...

Unable to send?

Event Macro help
I would like to record and display the date in a column when a particular event happens. For example, I'd like to display the date that each row in Column A displays "Complete." If the task in A1 is completed today, I'd like B1 to display "3/22/2010" and for it to stay that way unless changed or deleted. Thanks! 'Note that for this to work, column A must be manually changed, 'not a formula creating an output. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) 'Is it a cell we care about? If Intersect(Target, Range("A:A"...

Sending messages in Outlook

No Permission to Send/Receive Email???

Send Do Not Send

Another Accounts Question.
I have an Accounts problem I don't understand and have no clue where to begin to solve it. I'm using Outlook 2000 from the Microsoft Office Pro Suite, Internet Only, on XP. Since I am a Listowner several times over I have fashioned five different Outlook Accounts to my single broadband ISP e-mail address. All are working well. My ISP e-mail address is listed as the default. When I send a personal e-mail I just hit Send and Send and Receive and out my e-mail goes with my personal address in the header. If I'm sending in the name of a Listgroup I use Send Using, pick the righ...

Sending on behalf... Exchange 2003

Macro Command Button
I'm trying to assign a command button on the worksheet to a macro. If I read the help instructions correctly it states to put a command button on the worksheet then 'right click the command button and select shortcut to macro'. I don't get a shortcut option when I right-click the command button????? I've to 2 macros created and working but I'm unable to setup the button. Help anyone....thanks There are two buttons that look alike, but behave differently. It sounds like you used the commandbutton from the Control toolbox toolbar. Delete those and grab a button f...

What was Outlook sending?

Outlook Can't Send Messages

'SEND' just sends it to the OUTBOX

Another stupid question..
If I have data running along a column is there anyway to "flip" the dat so it appears in a row? Thanks, Simo ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements Copy the data and do paste special > transpose. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- > >If I have data running along a column is there anyway to "flip" the data >so it ap...

Rules Wizard and Send/Receive error
A couple of days ago, I received an alert from Norton Antivirus software that the file "belt.cab" was corrupted but could not be deleted. Fearing the worst, I manually deleted the file. Since then, Outlook appears to be completely disabled, with the symptoms being that several commands have disappeared from the Tools menu including Send/Receive (both), Rules Wizard, Out of Office Assistant. I can compose an email, but it will not send. I have checked my email accounts and all appears to be in order. Even after a complete reinstall, I cannot send/receive email. The on...

sending Access files
Is there a quick and easy way to send access files without Outlook blocking them. I exchange files with a limited selection of people so am happy that what I am sending and receiving is OK. I know that I can use WizZip but the knowledge database also suggests changing the .mdb extension. I don't know how to do this. Do I just right click over the file and choose open with Word? Or maybe there is a simpler way. Thanks When you send a file type that on Microsoft's potentially dangerous list, you get a message informing you that the recipient may not be able to access the file on...

Reading multiple values from another table.
I have a table with general information in it such as Subject, Reference Rumber, Comments. I would like to have another table with Company Reference and Responsibility. So when I create a new record including Subject and Reference Number, I could look up values from the second table to fill in multiple instances of Company Reference and Responsibility. A better example would be a form to order pizza. The main form would contain name, address, Size and type of pizza. Then from the same form, you would look up toppings from a seperate table to add multiple toppings to each instance of a pizza. ...

Trying to send emails from an external program
I am trying to send email from my accpac software and it makes me allow the email everytime. Is there a way I make my Outlook 2007 accept Accpac as a reliable source for sending emails?? tammy0005 wrote: > I am trying to send email from my accpac software and it makes me allow the > email everytime. Is there a way I make my Outlook 2007 accept Accpac as a > reliable source for sending emails?? MapiLab's security add-on (free) ...

Multiple Send to
Dear Experts, In any Document Library you have a Send To drop down option. This can only be configured once that is only one entry. I have to have 7 Custom Send To options. Does anyone know how to create more than 1 Sent To? Best Regards, -- Girish J Bhatia MOSS Certified, SharePoint Certified, MCSE2003, MCDBA, CCNA, CCNP, CCSA ...