Selecting rows from various sheets

Hi all,
I have several sheets with a few columns in each. One colum
in each sheet has a unique value. Most of these unique values are th
same in each sheet but not all. Is there any way that I can set up
new sheet that will have the unique value in column 1 and th
corresponding column values frommeach sheet beside it. For example
Sheet 1
aa   1  1  1
bb   2  2  2
cc    3  3  3

Sheet 2
aa   4  4
cc    5  5

Result
aa   1  1  1  4  4
bb   2  2  2
cc    3  3  3  5  5

Thanks alot,
Sha

--
sha
shav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1198

Hi
have a look at VLOOKUP for this. See:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/vlookup.htm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11980
> View this thread:

frank.kabel (11126)

Run report on multi selected records.

move row data to columns
We had a problem with some test data and instead of test results being recorded in multiple rows 5 columns wide, all of the data was recorded in one row multiple columns wide. The data consists of 5 readings taken every second for a period of 2 hours. Each reading is in it's own cell (no cell contains more than one reading). Do you know of a way that I can move each set of readings (5 test results) into it's own 5 column wide row? i.e. currently shows in single row as: 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 128, 128, 128, 128, 128, 234, 234, 234, 234, 234, etc. and I need in 5 column wide rows: 0, 0, 0, ...

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

Autofilter header row
My experience has been that the first row is where the controls (down arrow) appear when autofilter is invoked. But I've now been sent a spreadsheet (just unformatted data in a large table) where the autofilter chooses the second row. I've compared the new spreadsheet with previous versions and don't see any difference in layout, etc. What can be causing this problem? Is there something "invisible" that tells Excel which is the header row for the data to be filtered? If I select row 1 and then click autofilter, the controls do appear on row 1 but otherwi...

Select contact then hangs

Printing sheet to fit paper
I waste a lot of paper trying to print an Excel 2000 sheet on a piece of paper. I don't mind multiple vertical pages, but I can't stand multiple horizontal pages. Is there any trick I can use to find out if my document can fit so I don't waste paper? Print Preview. Howard Brazee wrote: > I waste a lot of paper trying to print an Excel 2000 sheet on a piece of paper. > > > I don't mind multiple vertical pages, but I can't stand multiple horizontal > pages. > > Is there any trick I can use to find out if my document can fit so I don't waste &...

Lost row height format?
My boss is working in a workbook with numerous sheets. He saved the file and then reopened it after his HDD was replaced. When he reopened the file, all of the row heights were off a little bit, but since this is for a large financial report, it is a big deal. Does anyone know what could cause this and have any idea how to fix it. He swears he did not change any of the settings in excel, or manually adjust any of the rows. Prior to re-opening, all rows were set at 11. Now some are 12, some 11, some 11.5, some 10.??. This happened on every sheet. Help!!! Thanks, Mac Highl...

Data from multiple sheets and workbooks
Each week I receive a workbook from one of my customers. It contains mutliple sheets with salesnumbers from all the branch of my customer. Each sheet contains from 1 000 to 15 000 lines of salesdata. Every article sold gets one line in the sheets. Each workbook are named "weeknr.xls" and are stored in the same folder. Now my question/problem. I need to gather all sales info for one branch on one article from all the weeks. I know how to get the data from one workbook to another, but how do I get it to scan all the workbooks in the folder. Any ideas. Dim oFSO Sub LoopFolder...

Selecting rows from various sheets

select text in Calendar

look up on multiple sheets
i have a workbook made up of about 50 worksheets with same column headers but different row counts. In sheet one is a handfull of user names that could be found on any of the 50 sheets. how do i adjust this array so that it searches through all 50 sheets instead of the 3 columns currently identified in this formula? =MAX(IF((A$2:A$20212=D11)*(B$2:B$20212<=TODAY()),B$2:B$20212)) ...

Multiple excel sheets with same headings
I have 14 sheets with me for 14 different users. Now I want the data to come out of it for each person. The sheets are titled by the names of the individuals. Can MS Query be used for this? If yes, how? If not, then what shall I do? -- mohitmahajan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mohitmahajan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=8130 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470132 ...

Link select with a blast

Select Case in a Change Event

Sheets not showing
Hi there, I have an Excel file that comes from a client and I have to import into my MS Access database. The spreadsheet shows 5 sheets on it with simples data and only one picture on the 5th sheet, according to the menu, there is nothing hidden. These are my sheets: - Legend - Studio Usage - Studio Usage Calc background - Summary - Price Assembly When I open the file thru Access and try to read it, it says that there are 10 sheets on the file, the 5 above and 5 more: - March chargeable services - no charge services - Sheet2 - Sheet3 - Sheet4 Thru Access I can read them, write on them...

Macro to switch to another sheet, grab ref to any cell, paste ref in current sheet??
I am looking for a way (either macro or VBA) to perform one simple task: while in *any cell* of your choice in the current worksheet, switch to another specific sheet, choose *any* cell, grab a reference to that cell (not its value), switch back to the first worksheet and slap in the reference of the cell in the other sheet. This would be the automated equivalent of doing the following manually: 1) Select *any cell* (say *F11*) in the current sheet (Call it "*Destination*"). 2) Press "=" (no "ENTER") 3) Click the tab for the other sheet (call it "*Source*&...

Select Records based another table...

Multi-Select List Box Does Not Retain Selected Items
I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select items in the list box they do not remain select when I select another control on the form. Any suggestions? Did you bind the list box to a keywords field? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "kaykay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:276dd01c4638d$bd5af590$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select > items i...

VBA
I am very new to VBA and access and have a question regarding a SELECT statement. I am going to run a select (recordset - so I can loop through and process each record) but on my SELECT I want to make sure I return at least 20 rows, otherwise I am going to change my WHERE clause to include more rows. Is there an easy way to do this or do I need to just do an inital SELECT COUNT(*) and then decide which WHERE clause to use?? Do you have an example I can look at? Thank you in advance! AJ On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:14:00 -0800, AJ <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I would not first ...

inserting rows #7
is it possible to insert rows at a regular intervals by using one command? like i have to insert rows after odd rows number....1,3,5,.... thanks Ankur, Insert a new column, and use the formula: =ROW() and copy to match your table. Then below your table, in the same column, insert a 1 in the first cell (or the number of your lowest numbered odd row in your table), then below that the formula =??+2 where you replace the ?? with the cell address of the cell with the 1. Then copy down that formula until a number matches your highest row number. Then copy that column, and pastespecial valu...

Responding to Keypress event on a sheet
I want code to respond to the keypress event on a worksheet. How can i do that?? Actually i need a code that runs a predefined when some key is pressed while the sheet is active. In particular, i want to disable the enter key (ie. the selection of cell should not shift to the next cell) and then it should run a macro. Thanks in advance. See the reply to your similar post on 02 March, with subject "To disable pressing of Enter key on a sheet" Regards, Peter T "Subodh" <getsubodh@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2bc40d21-eb6d-4f93-bf44-c079d025306a@...

Drop down list quicker selection
We are using Excel 2003 We created a drop down list using the Data\Validation process, which works fine. When the arrow within a cell is clicked on to show the drop down list, how can you quickly select one of the many names in the list just by typing the first character of a name within the list. At the moment, we have to scroll up and down the list to select a particular name, which in itself isn't a problem, but slows down the process of finding the right name. Can the names within the list be alphabetically grouped when inputting the first character from the keyboard, and spee...