Selecting Refedit value

Hi.

I am using refedits and am selecting a range of
cells...i.e. more than one cells. If I select a single
cell then I can get the refedit value from the Range
(Reedit1) or Range(RefEdit1).Cells(1).Value or
RefEdit1.Value. I got this help from this user group
itself. Now my criteria is changed and now i want to
select values say for e.g. from $BO$304:$BQ$304. How can I
extract the values into a variable???? Can it be done.

thanks a lot
Monika
0
anonymous (74722)

Monika,

You can set a range or refer to a range according to the refedit value

e.g.
Dim rngInput as Range
set rngInput = Range(Refedit1.Value)

then rngInput.count, rngInput.address, rngInput.cells(1,1).value should all
work.

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

"monika" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> I am using refedits and am selecting a range of
> cells...i.e. more than one cells. If I select a single
> cell then I can get the refedit value from the Range
> (Reedit1) or Range(RefEdit1).Cells(1).Value or
> RefEdit1.Value. I got this help from this user group
> itself. Now my criteria is changed and now i want to
> select values say for e.g. from $BO$304:$BQ$304. How can I
> extract the values into a variable???? Can it be done.
>
> thanks a lot
> Monika

0
rjNOrhSPAM (52)
4/6/2004 3:42:02 AM
Once you have the range you can get the data from the range  as per any
other range...
Dim mydata as Variant
mydata = rngInput

Now you can use the UBound and LBound functions
--
Patrick Molloy
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Robin Hammond" <rjNOrhSPAM@PLEASEnetvigator.com> wrote in message
> Monika,
>
> You can set a range or refer to a range according to the refedit value
>
> e.g.
> Dim rngInput as Range
> set rngInput = Range(Refedit1.Value)
>
> then rngInput.count, rngInput.address, rngInput.cells(1,1).value should
all
> work.
>
> Robin Hammond
> www.enhanceddatasystems.com
>
> "monika" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi.
> >
> > I am using refedits and am selecting a range of
> > cells...i.e. more than one cells. If I select a single
> > cell then I can get the refedit value from the Range
> > (Reedit1) or Range(RefEdit1).Cells(1).Value or
> > RefEdit1.Value. I got this help from this user group
> > itself. Now my criteria is changed and now i want to
> > select values say for e.g. from $BO$304:$BQ$304. How can I
> > extract the values into a variable???? Can it be done.
> >
> > thanks a lot
> > Monika

Text box input based on a combo box selection
I have an inventory input form that has a combo box from which the user selects the shift for which the inventory is being taken. On this form I also have a sub form from which separate data is gathered from the user, but the shift information is also needed. The form and subform are bound to separate tables. I am using a subform to gather the additional information to a separate table because the results are used in a separate calculation. I only want the user to select the shift information once. How can I populate the "shift" text box on the subform with the same information ...

Issue with passing values
Hi, I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me. I was trying to create a function that takes 2 arguments and i go compiler error messages saying i need '=' expected. Here is my code filein = Application.GetOpenFilename() ImportCSV (mysheet, filein) in the function of ImportCV, i have Function ImportCSV(sheet As String, inputfile As String) ... end function Any ideas? Thank you in advanc -- associate ----------------------------------------------------------------------- associates's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3507 View...

Portfolio value by investment account
At the moment I have two accounts of investment and I would like to compare their results for a period of determined time. Like January till September, It could obtain a line chart with its results? ...

Diagram with constant values in the background
I am working with MSExcel 2003. From a table I create a graph, no matter the kind of graph. Say that the scale is 0 to 100 and the number of values is 20. That is: X: 1, 2, ..., 20 Y: 10, 56, ..., 2 In the backgound I need to display some constant values, for example to show min and max acceptable values. This can be defined by a single value for each line. That is: Min: 30 Max: 90 How can I define to the chart these values, without having to add more columns (min, max, ...) to the table and fill in them, and to refer to them in the chart? Thank you. tax In short, you can't. You need to t...

Returning multiple values
I have an array of raw data that spans 15 columns and 4000 rows. In column 1 there is a part number and in colum 12 there is a customer name. These part numbers overlap to customers fairly often (up to 20 customers for a part number). How would I, on a separate sheet, return all the customers who use this part number? This is what I am looking to do: Part Number Customer 1 A 2 A 1 B 3 B 4 B 5 B 1 C 2 ...

Help with If statment to compare values #2
Thank you to all of you for your help. I tried each provided option and they all work great!!! Many, many thanks!!!! Super!!!.... Vika Max Wrote: > "Bryan Hessey"- > A method without 'if' is: ... > =VLOOKUP(A1,X$1:Y$11,2,TRUE)- > > Just a clarification that the IFs in the earlier formula suggested are > merely add-on error trapping for clearer outputs, which I normally > provide. > The core formula's just a simple INDEX(...,MATCH(...,1)) with the > flexibility to read the source reference table as it is. Using > VLOOKUP > require...

Pivot table will not returned value's
Goodmorning Everybody, Yesterday i made a macro which gets the value from Cell AM1 and fits it as a criteria in a Pivotfield in another file. The macro as seen at the end, works smooth except for this part: Set pt = Sheets("Table Combi").PivotTables("PivotTable3") Set pf = pt.PivotFields("ARF Code") ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable3").PivotFields("ARF Code").CurrentPage = "" & k & "" If pf.CurrentPage <> " & k & " Then pf.CurrentPage = "(Blank)" End If Does ...

Force comment based on cell's value
I have a grid of numbers that is used for tracking, and it is being looked at in many ways. One last function I have been trying to add is a way to force a comment onto a cell who's value is less then a set value. For our sake lets just say less then 1. Is there a way to have the cell value tested and start a macro if less then one? Thanks something like this... Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Range("A1") Then If Target.Value < 1 Then MsgBox ("Less then one") 'your code goes here End If End If End Sub this code goes in ...

Excel cell taking only Integer Values
Hello, When I write in a Cell in Excel if I am writing integer then Cell takes that Value but if I write a string value then I cannot see anything in Excel File. _objRange = _objWorkSheet.Range(_objWorkSheet.Cells(_intCurrentRow, 17), _objWorkSheet.Cells(_intCurrentRow, 18)) _objRange.Value = "String Value" This is happening in Excel 2000 (10.0) on WindowsXP. Thanks and Regards, Ashish This is usual behaviour for cells formatted as numbers - when any text zero value. You need to reformat the cells as General or Text -- Message posted from http://www...

How do I get a filter to "UPDATE" the rows selected?
Hey there! I am using Excel 2002 and I have a speadsheet that has prices in it. If I have the filter set to (the filter criteria is much more complex than this though) prices for items that cost >$5.00. Of I change an item to 4.59, it should not be seen. How can I get it to re-update the rows shown, with out releaseing the filter and resetting it? Is there something like refresh.filter or anything like that? Thanks Phil AFAIK you must release and reset but a macro with a worksheet_change event could trigger this for you so that it would happen automatically. -- Don Guillett SalesAid...

Search Row Multiple Values
In row 2 from A to Z I have numbers from 1 to 12. Some numbers appear more than once, sometime 4 times. I want to have an equation that will be able to look through the ro and pic out all of the cells which have the number 4 and return thei column number. Any ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way is to use data>filter>autofilter -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "ianripping >" <<ianripping.157tpr@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:ianripping.157tpr@excelforum-nospam.com... > In row 2 from A to Z I have nu...

Averages of absolute values
Hi I'm switching over from QuattroPro to EXCEL and am having some newbie problems. I have a list positive and negative numbers (A1..A25). I would like to calculate the average of the absolute values. The only method I have been able to come up with is to calculate the absolute values in column B using B1=ABS(A1), B2=ABS(A2), etc. Then use A26=AVERAGE(B1..B25) and hide column B. Is there a better way to do this? In Quattro Pro I would use @AVG(@ABS(A1..A25)), but a similar method doesn't seem to work in Excel. Thank you, Rob Ron Array enter the following formula: =SUM...

Extract Top 5 value from a pivot table
Hello, I have a a pivot table listing by country and months of the number of times a certain internet page has been reviewed. I would like to have a formula (x5) which would extract the 5 highest pages viewed for a given month and given country. I tried the Getpivotdata and sumproduct functions, but I am getting nowhere. Can you help? Thank you Could you provide a sample of your data? On 23 Kwi, 01:47, Andre C <Andre C...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I have a a pivot table listing by country and months of the number of times > a ...

How do I programmatically select various ranges in vba?
From what I understand you must use Application.Union to combine large Range groups in vba to use in Excel. Somthing like... Dim BigRange as Range, R(10) as String R(1) = "1:1, 3:3" R(2) = "7:7, 20:20, 43:43" R(3) = "100:100" Set BigRange = Application.Union ( Range (R(1)), Range (R(2)), Range (R(3)) ) BigRange.Select Which is fine and dandy with just the 3, but if I had a hundred or so ranges how would I create a loop statment to combine the various ranges. *The ranges would contain the entire row of a wo...

Look up value range in column and then count
I have a column of numbers ranging from 0 to -100 I need to count the number of cells with in the ranges 0 to -6 -7 to -14 -15 to -28 -85 to -100 Can you tell me the best way to get these figures, I would imagine I have to put this formula into 4 different cells. Thanks AJ Using Excel 2007 Supposing your values are in column A rows 1 to 17 try this: Four seperate cells: =COUNTIFS($A$1:$A$17,"<=0",$A$1:$A$17,">=-6") =COUNTIFS($A$1:$A$17,"<=-7",$A$1:$A$17,">=-14") =COUNTIFS($A$1:$A$17,"<=-15",$A$1:$A$17,">...

Printing a selected part of worksheet
I know it's possible to highlight a portion of a worksheet and print just that part. That works fine, but I have a super big spreadsheet that has to be broken into several pieces before I can print it. I'd like to make the process more efficient by assigning names to various portions of the spreadsheet. Then, when I would want to print, I could simply tell Excel to print those predesignated portions. But how do I do that? Any help is much appreciated. Hi see: http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#non-contiguous -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany MB wrote: > I ...

[Right-clicking a CTreeCtrl] how to select the item under the mouse?
Hi, I need to move the current selection in the tree to the node under the mouse pointer when the user right-clicks the node. My problem lies in the use of HitTest: POINT p; GetCursorPos(&p); CPoint cp; UINT flags; cp.SetPoint( p.x, p.y ); HTREEITEM selected = faqTree_->HitTest( cp, &flags ); if( selected != NULL && (TVHT_ONITEM & flags) ) { faqTree_->SelectItem( selected ); } I don't think I'm getting the right coordinates above. What can I use instead of GetCursorPos() ? Thanks -Thorsten This will help: http://www.codeguru.com/forum/...

Can Comments be automatically converted to text cell values?
I have a large number of cells with Comments. I'd like to basically convert the Comments to text values in cells (in a column right next to the cells that have the Comments). Is there a function or other tool for doing this in Excel 2000? Hi Tom, You can use a User Defined Function to do that. Cell Comments http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ccomment.htm#mycomment --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "t...

Place actual selection name in table instead of ID #?
I have a CBO that places the companies ID in my table instead of the actual companys name. I know this is how it is suppose to work but I need it to place the actual name that the user selects into the table. How is this done I know of a way? In that case you have to change the field in the designated table because initally you would store a number and now you want to store text. So change the field to text and then change the bound column of the CBO to 2 (which is probably the field which shows the name). This way you can still use the combo but it will store the name in the table (as...

Obtaining selected printer name
Hi, Having called AfxGetApp()->SelectPrinter(m_hDevNames, m_hDevMode, FALSE); how do I obtain the printer name, e.g. "\\Hostname\Printername"? Also how do I get a handle to the selected printer? TIA Jan Found it: DEVMODE FAR * pDevMode = (DEVMODE FAR *)::GlobalLock(m_hDevMode); pDevMode->dmDeviceName; ::GlobalUnlock(m_hDevMode); Sorry for the nuisance. Its been a long day. Jan "Jan M" <jan@acu.no-ip.com> wrote in message news:#7MdFAhyHHA.5964@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Having called > > AfxGetApp()->SelectPrinter(m_hDevN...

Multifile select in FileOpen dialog
Hello everyone. My app (SDI) requires several different data files to be loaded, after which it does some serious number crunching. It would be best if, rather than the user having to open each file individually, they can select several files at once in the standard OpenFile dialog. Is this possible, and if so where do I go for more info? Thanks in advance! Since this is an MFC newsgroup, I'll assume you are using MFC and recommend that you use the CFileDialog class. Just set the OFN_ALLOWMULTISELECT flag in the OPENFILENAME structure (in CFileDialog::m_ofn). The documentation for ...

Outlook 2000 automatically downloads body if header selected
I'm running Outlook 2000. Until this morning, I would operate as follows: 1) Tools > Send and receive > account (which downloads headers) 2) Select the headers I wanted 3) Tools > download > selectec items OR delete them But today, when I select a header, the body immediately gets downloaded. I've checked all settings, can't find a setting that applies. My preview pane is closed. AutoPreview is enabled, but it always has been.... Suggestions? Thanks Problem solved. Hours of Googling didn't help. Finally solved the problem - I'd installed a bluetooth d...

Search and display based on cell value
On page one. I have various full names listed throughout the worksheet in various places. When a user clicks on a cell with a name in it, I want them to be directed to sheet 2 where the same name (cell values) is found in column A. (There will be profile info starting with their name in column A.) I think the following may do what you are looking for. Right click the tab at the bottom of Sheet1 (which is what I assumed you meant by "page one"), select View Code from the popup menu that appears and then copy/paste the following into the code window that appeared... ...

Pie Chart not to display 0 Values
Good day, I have an excel Table something like below. Column A Column B Item 1 24% Item 2 13% Item 3 0% Item 4 3% Item 5 0% The Values in Column B are being automatically updated from another table. There are 24 Items in the table and usually about 10 of them are 0, in a given period of time. Is there any way that the chart can be intelligent enough to skip the 0 Values and display only values greater than 0. This would clear the clutter on the chart. I am using a pie chart for the purpose. Thanks for Help _________________ Best Regards Khawar Andy Pope has instructions on his web sit...

Excel macro to insert rows if a cell does not equal the value above that cell
I have a spreadsheet listing columns of information for many different people. If more than one row exists for the same person, I'd like to insert 2 rows after the row so that the group is separated from the next group. For example, here's how the data appears now: LastName Account# Balance Martin 1 500.00 Martin 2 750.00 Smith 5 100.00 Thomas 9 900.00 Here's what I'd like it to look like after running the macro: LastName Account# Balance Martin 1 500.00 Martin 2 75...