Selecting Refedit value

Hi.

I am using refedits and am selecting a range of
cells...i.e. more than one cells. If I select a single
cell then I can get the refedit value from the Range
(Reedit1) or Range(RefEdit1).Cells(1).Value or
RefEdit1.Value. I got this help from this user group
itself. Now my criteria is changed and now i want to
select values say for e.g. from $BO$304:$BQ$304. How can I
extract the values into a variable???? Can it be done.

thanks a lot
Monika
0
anonymous (74722)

Monika,

You can set a range or refer to a range according to the refedit value

e.g.
Dim rngInput as Range
set rngInput = Range(Refedit1.Value)

then rngInput.count, rngInput.address, rngInput.cells(1,1).value should all
work.

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

"monika" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> I am using refedits and am selecting a range of
> cells...i.e. more than one cells. If I select a single
> cell then I can get the refedit value from the Range
> (Reedit1) or Range(RefEdit1).Cells(1).Value or
> RefEdit1.Value. I got this help from this user group
> itself. Now my criteria is changed and now i want to
> select values say for e.g. from $BO$304:$BQ$304. How can I
> extract the values into a variable???? Can it be done.
>
> thanks a lot
> Monika

0
rjNOrhSPAM (52)
4/6/2004 3:42:02 AM
Once you have the range you can get the data from the range  as per any
other range...
Dim mydata as Variant
mydata = rngInput

Now you can use the UBound and LBound functions
--
Patrick Molloy
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Robin Hammond" <rjNOrhSPAM@PLEASEnetvigator.com> wrote in message
> Monika,
>
> You can set a range or refer to a range according to the refedit value
>
> e.g.
> Dim rngInput as Range
> set rngInput = Range(Refedit1.Value)
>
> then rngInput.count, rngInput.address, rngInput.cells(1,1).value should
all
> work.
>
> Robin Hammond
> www.enhanceddatasystems.com
>
> "monika" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi.
> >
> > I am using refedits and am selecting a range of
> > cells...i.e. more than one cells. If I select a single
> > cell then I can get the refedit value from the Range
> > (Reedit1) or Range(RefEdit1).Cells(1).Value or
> > RefEdit1.Value. I got this help from this user group
> > itself. Now my criteria is changed and now i want to
> > select values say for e.g. from $BO$304:$BQ$304. How can I
> > extract the values into a variable???? Can it be done.
> >
> > thanks a lot
> > Monika

Run report on multi selected records.

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

Select contact then hangs

Selecting rows from various sheets

null value pass from form into query
For some reason I can't seem to get this to work and was hoping posting here would speed up finding the resolution. I have a form that the users a specifying a value from based on a list box. The users press a button on the form after doing the selection and it executes a query with criteria based on the value from the field; the query is using [Forms]![frmBatchesNeedingIndexing]![Contract].[Value] as the critera. This works fine when a users specifies a value. The problem I'm experiencing is I need this list box to have the capability to have a null value passed to the que...

select text in Calendar

Sum of values in a form
Folks, I have read numerous threads on this topic, and understand that in order for my Sum() to work I need to ensure all references are made back to the Record Source. I have endeavoured to do this, but am still getting #Error. I am trying to Sum the revenue each tenant provides in a given date range, to give a total revenue figure. If the date range is a whole month, then the expression just takes the value of Rent PCM, and not (Rent PCM*(12/52)) * No. of Days, which would give some unusual results. My Expression looks like this: =Sum(Nz(IIf([Short Let]=-1,[Rent pcm],IIf...

Link select with a blast

Select Case in a Change Event

Value Limits In A chart
Is there any way possible to change the color of a data series within a chart when it exceeds a value of another data series? Thanks!! Hi see: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart and http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart2 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Robby" <Robby@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:03E95BC9-B246-41E9-A941-177C2C22CB4F@microsoft.com... > Is there any way possible to change the color of a data series within a chart > when it exceeds a value of another data series? > > Tha...

Test for a value on a subform
I have a form with a subform. The user is suppose to complete a response for all of the Result fields in the subform. Each subform will hav a variable number of Result records. I want to test for the existence of a result and, if null, prompt the user to go back and complete the form. the code below is close, but not quite there. Any help? Thanks 'Test for values in all Result field on open subform 'For N = 1 to MaxQuestionNumber 'CurrentResult = ("[Result]", "tblAuditQuestionResults", "[QuestionNumber] = N") ' If IsNull CurrentR...

Select Records based another table...

Multi-Select List Box Does Not Retain Selected Items
I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select items in the list box they do not remain select when I select another control on the form. Any suggestions? Did you bind the list box to a keywords field? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "kaykay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:276dd01c4638d$bd5af590$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select > items i...

VBA
I am very new to VBA and access and have a question regarding a SELECT statement. I am going to run a select (recordset - so I can loop through and process each record) but on my SELECT I want to make sure I return at least 20 rows, otherwise I am going to change my WHERE clause to include more rows. Is there an easy way to do this or do I need to just do an inital SELECT COUNT(*) and then decide which WHERE clause to use?? Do you have an example I can look at? Thank you in advance! AJ On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:14:00 -0800, AJ <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I would not first ...

Using text in place of values
Hi there - I'm new to Excel but I can't figure out how to use text in place of numeric values. I'm building an invoicing worksheet - so one column indicates the hourly rate, the other lists the amount of time billed at that rate. So for example, in one column it says "Design" and in the next column it says 4.00 hrs. Design is billed at $35.00 per hour - so somehow I need to tell Excel that "Design" = $35.00 and then have it do the multiplication between the two cells. Any ideas? Thanks for your help! Gabe Silverman Gabe I would set up your tasks and thei...

Drop down list quicker selection
We are using Excel 2003 We created a drop down list using the Data\Validation process, which works fine. When the arrow within a cell is clicked on to show the drop down list, how can you quickly select one of the many names in the list just by typing the first character of a name within the list. At the moment, we have to scroll up and down the list to select a particular name, which in itself isn't a problem, but slows down the process of finding the right name. Can the names within the list be alphabetically grouped when inputting the first character from the keyboard, and spee...

#VALUE!
I'm trying to get a percentage from the following formula c10/b10-1, the problem i'm facing is that c/10 & b10 are zero value - I just want to make it 0%. Any options? Thank you Try this... =IF(OR(B10=0,C10=0),0,C10/B10-1) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Kmtravel" <Kmtravel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D3AD05F-DFD0-4676-848A-9FF86D2B94B8@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to get a percentage from the following formula c10/b10-1, the > problem i'm facing is that c/10 & b10 are zero value - I just want to ...

Selected fields to update
I need to have the ability, in OL'07, when I try to copy in a contact and am told there is a duplicate, to be able to select which fields I want updated and which not. Is that possible built-in or add-in? -- Boris You may find this of interest - ContactGenie DataPorter 2.0 - specifically handles updating of pre-existing contacts allowing you to define which fields you want to import/update from your input data file (custom forms/fields supported). Features: http://www.contactgenie.com/cg20features.htm Download" http://www.contactgenie.com/cg20dlorder.htm Karl _...

Change Form/Report Query Based on User Selection
I have a form and report based on a query. I need to change the query based on what the user selects on a form. Using VBA in MS Access 2002, can I change a single field in an existing query from GROUP BY to LAST? This process would be initiated by a click event on a form. Thanks in advance for any help. I would say only if you are willing to construct the entire query string in VBA and then apply that string as the source of the report. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2009 The Hilltop Institute University of Maryland Baltimore County Wayne wrote: > I have a form ...

How do I find the currently selected Scenario?
Hi, Maybe this is a simple thing, but I don't seem to be able to track it down. I have an Excel sheet with a couple of Scenarios defined. I am trying to implement some VBA functions where I need to know which Scenario is currently selected. Does anyone know how I determine the active Scenario from VBA? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Best regards. hi, (?) > Maybe this is a simple thing, but I don't seem to be able to track it down. > I have an Excel sheet with a couple of Scenarios defined. > I am trying to implement some VBA functi...

set a variable to value in a select statement
I know how to do this: SET @total = (SELECT SUM(Salary) FROM Employee) But is it possible to do soemthing like this without 2 separate SET statements?: SET @total, @tipstotal = (SELECT SUM(Salary), SUM(Tips) FROM Employee) If so, how? SELECT @total = SUM(Salary), @tipstotal = SUM(Tips) FROM Employee Tom "Keith G Hicks" <krh@comcast.net> wrote in message news:utAHRun$KHA.5536@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I know how to do this: > > SET @total = (SELECT SUM(Salary) FROM Employee) > > But is it possible to do soemthing like this with...

VALUES ARE DIFFERENT THAN CALCULATOR
I am figuring my payroll on an Excel spreadsheet. When I enter the formulas, the values are sometimes off by a penny. On my calculator, I have it set to 5/4. How do I get my formulas to come out the same as the calculator? Look in help for the ROUND function Also see link for discussion of rounding issues http://www.cpearson.com/excel/rounding.htm "Jaime" wrote: > I am figuring my payroll on an Excel spreadsheet. When I enter the formulas, > the values are sometimes off by a penny. On my calculator, I have it set to > 5/4. How do I get my formulas to come out...