selecting range with "End + direction"

Hi,

I would like to change the option that selects the range with regard to the
number of non empty cells in the row or column of the base cell when using
"End + arrow".

Example I have A1:A100 filled, and b1:b50 filled.

If my selected cell is A1, with Shift+Right and then End+shift+down, the
selected range is a1:b100, whereas i would like to have a1:b50 selected.

If anyone knows how to change this option, it would be very useful for me.

Thanks in advance

mehdi
0
MEHDI (4)

Can't you just tab to B1 then Shift-End-Down

--

HTH

RP

"mehdi" <mehdi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I would like to change the option that selects the range with regard to
the
> number of non empty cells in the row or column of the base cell when using
> "End + arrow".
>
> Example I have A1:A100 filled, and b1:b50 filled.
>
> If my selected cell is A1, with Shift+Right and then End+shift+down, the
> selected range is a1:b100, whereas i would like to have a1:b50 selected.
>
> If anyone knows how to change this option, it would be very useful for me.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> mehdi

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
3/9/2005 11:30:11 AM
After you start in B1 and select B1:B50 then hold Shift down and press the
Left arrow.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"mehdi" <mehdi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Hi,
|
| I would like to change the option that selects the range with regard to
the
| number of non empty cells in the row or column of the base cell when using
| "End + arrow".
|
| Example I have A1:A100 filled, and b1:b50 filled.
|
| If my selected cell is A1, with Shift+Right and then End+shift+down, the
| selected range is a1:b100, whereas i would like to have a1:b50 selected.
|
| If anyone knows how to change this option, it would be very useful for me.
|
| Thanks in advance
|
| mehdi

0
jrrech (1933)
3/9/2005 11:47:39 AM
Actually, the aim would be to have a1:a50 selected, whether the column A is
filled or empty. in the exmple, it s not difficult to reach 100 or 50, but
for lists with 15000 entries, it is quite boring...
I know this option exists as I had it previously and I am unable to find it
(someone set it up for me at that time...)

Thanks anyway
"Bob Phillips" wrote:

> Can't you just tab to B1 then Shift-End-Down
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> RP
>

> "mehdi" <mehdi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to change the option that selects the range with regard to
> the
> > number of non empty cells in the row or column of the base cell when using
> > "End + arrow".
> >
> > Example I have A1:A100 filled, and b1:b50 filled.
> >
> > If my selected cell is A1, with Shift+Right and then End+shift+down, the
> > selected range is a1:b100, whereas i would like to have a1:b50 selected.
> >
> > If anyone knows how to change this option, it would be very useful for me.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > mehdi

0
MEHDI (4)
3/9/2005 12:39:03 PM
Then select A1 and Shift-End-Down, don't do the Shift-Right.

--

> Actually, the aim would be to have a1:a50 selected, whether the column A
is
> filled or empty. in the exmple, it s not difficult to reach 100 or 50, but
> for lists with 15000 entries, it is quite boring...
> I know this option exists as I had it previously and I am unable to find
it
> (someone set it up for me at that time...)
>
> Thanks anyway
> "Bob Phillips" wrote:
>
> > Can't you just tab to B1 then Shift-End-Down
> >
> > --
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > RP
> >

> > "mehdi" <mehdi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I would like to change the option that selects the range with regard
> > the
> > > number of non empty cells in the row or column of the base cell when
using
> > > "End + arrow".
> > >
> > > Example I have A1:A100 filled, and b1:b50 filled.
> > >
> > > If my selected cell is A1, with Shift+Right and then End+shift+down,
the
> > > selected range is a1:b100, whereas i would like to have a1:b50
selected.

> > > If anyone knows how to change this option, it would be very useful for
me.

> > > Thanks in advance
> > >
> > > mehdi

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

selecting range with "End + direction"
Hi, I would like to change the option that selects the range with regard to the number of non empty cells in the row or column of the base cell when using "End + arrow". Example I have A1:A100 filled, and b1:b50 filled. If my selected cell is A1, with Shift+Right and then End+shift+down, the selected range is a1:b100, whereas i would like to have a1:b50 selected. If anyone knows how to change this option, it would be very useful for me. Thanks in advance mehdi Can't you just tab to B1 then Shift-End-Down -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing d...