selecting multiple choices from a drop down list

I have a drop down list in a cell and I want to be able to selec
multiple entries from that list.

Does anyone know how I go this

If this is a data validation list, you could use code to compile a list
of selected items. For example, if the data validation is in column C,
the following code will store the selected items in the same row in
column D:
'=============================
Dim rngDV As Range
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub

On Error Resume Next
Set rngDV = Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeAllValidation)
On Error GoTo 0
If rngDV Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
If Intersect(Target, rngDV) Is Nothing Then
    'do nothing
Else
    If Target.Column = 3 Then
      If Target.Value = "" Then Exit Sub
      If Target.Offset(0, 1).Value = "" Then
        Target.Offset(0, 1).Value = Target.Value
      Else
        Target.Offset(0, 1).Value = _
          Target.Offset(0, 1).Value _
          & Chr(10) & Target.Value
      End If
    End If
End If
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub
'=========================

robparkes < wrote:
> I have a drop down list in a cell and I want to be able to select
> multiple entries from that list.
>
> Does anyone know how I go this?
>

> ---

Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
dsd1 (5911)
6/1/2004 4:19:42 PM
Hi,

If you're not using data validation, that is, something
like a combobox, you could use code like this to store
two selections (expand on this if you need to) in A1 & A2;

Dim home As Integer

Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()
If home = 1 Then
    home = 2
    Range("A2").Value = ComboBox1.Value
Else
    home = 1
    Range("A1").Value = ComboBox1.Value
End If
End Sub

jeff

0
anonymous (74722)

GDI is a "Top 50" Inc500 Listed Company...Are You Tired of Working Hard to Make Someone Else Rich?
Dear Friends, Are You Tired of Working Hard to Make Someone Else Rich? This Inc500 listed company is giving away money... This company is going to set me up for life and it can do the same for you. Read about how 1000's of real people worldwide who are building their own "Income for Life"=99 http://freedom.ws/helenmoonlight/show_dvd Watch the video until the end - make sure your speakers are on before you click http://www.website.ws/helenmoonlight I am confident that you will be impressed with what you see and hear. http://www.my.ws/helenmoonligh...

Query-based list w/1 Exception
I've created a query based distribtuion list which works fine yet out of the 1000 or so mailboxes it gives me I'd like to exclude 10. Is there a way? (Basically I have checked only "Users with Exchange mailbox") Make those 10 recipients members of a distribution group, and add the following to the query: (&(your current query)(!memberOf=distinguished Name of the distribution group)) Alternatively, if there's a common value of a particular attribute like location/city/department, et al, use that to exclude them. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com ...

Run report on multi selected records.

Searaching for Contacts with multiple categories
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Using the search function, it seems I am not able to search for a contact that belongs to more than one category. It seems to only recognize the contacts primary category. Can this be true? <br> It makes searching for contacts by multiple characteristics (categories, used like keywords), not possible. Please tell me there is another way. To clarify, I am trying to find an item whose category is both A and B. I can of course search for A or B, even though they have other categories assigned to them ...

how do i make square bullets for a check off list.
Format - Bullets and numbering -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "howard" <howard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CA667D1-A518-44C5-A644-EAE6EADC37F8@microsoft.com... > ...

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

Function to multiple ranges
Which function may be used with multiple ranges? Commonly used "lookups", "index" and "match" don't seem to work. Is there a trick in multiple ranges? Tomek Polak Some functions work, others don't. INDEX has a 4th argument that allows you to specify the area (which of the multiple ranges). The lookup and match functions require a single contiguous block of cells. On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 14:19:08 +0100, "Tomek" <tpolak@poczta.onet.pl> wrote: >Which function may be used with multiple ranges? > >Commonly used "lookups",...

named excel lists
I'm somewhat of a newbie, so I may not be asking this question with the correct terminology. I'd like to define a name and attach it to the range of an "excel (2003) list". If I add a new row or column to the "excel list", then the range is suitable extended. How? Try Debra Dalgleish's nice coverage of Dynamic Ranges at: http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic Look for "Create a Dynamic Range" -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond, in newsgroup xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "hidden" <hidden123456@hotmail.com...

Multiple Attributes
I have created a custom Entity - "Inventory" This has a relationship with Accounts which is used to show the location of a piece of hardware - a lookup field is used to choose an account. All good. However I'd also like to have a couple of other lookups for Supplier and Manufacturer. These are both stored in Accounts so they'd need to reference an entry in Accounts again. Is this possible? I know you cannot create multiple relationships between entities but can you create multiple attributes using the one relationship? Can anyone help with this - still got no further.....

Select contact then hangs

Auto-fill Price List and Unit of Measure? 07-02-04
Does anyone know how to automatically fill the Price List field when a customer is selected for Quote or Order with the Customer's default price list? Same question for default Unit of Measure when a product is selected? michael@engcc.com If you create the Quote/Order within the Account/Contact that has a Price List associated, then it will default it. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com San Francisco, CA >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know how to automatically fill the Price List >field when a customer is selected for Quote or Order with >th...

Selecting rows from various sheets

Data from multiple sheets and workbooks
Each week I receive a workbook from one of my customers. It contains mutliple sheets with salesnumbers from all the branch of my customer. Each sheet contains from 1 000 to 15 000 lines of salesdata. Every article sold gets one line in the sheets. Each workbook are named "weeknr.xls" and are stored in the same folder. Now my question/problem. I need to gather all sales info for one branch on one article from all the weeks. I know how to get the data from one workbook to another, but how do I get it to scan all the workbooks in the folder. Any ideas. Dim oFSO Sub LoopFolder...

How do I change the elements displayed in the message list
How do I change the elements displayed in the message list. For example, to list "To" or "From" edit the view - to change just one folder, click on the row of field names and choose custom. To make all folders the same see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

Field list not showing up
Excel 2007...no matter what I do the field list does not show up. when I select hide the pivot table frame goes blank, when I unhide I get the basic table verbiage, but no field list. Any thoughts? Actually when I go to fullpage view I can get the field list, but in normal view cannot get the field list to appear. driving me nuts. "JeffVA" wrote: > Excel 2007...no matter what I do the field list does not show up. when I > select hide the pivot table frame goes blank, when I unhide I get the basic > table verbiage, but no field list. > > Any thoughts? ...

select text in Calendar

multiple V-lookup
I have a worksheet that has multiple rows that have the same name. For example. I have a worksheet that looks like this Name 401k FICA Julie 100 200 Patrick 200 400 Sam 50 100 Julie 100 200 Julie 100 200 Patrick 200 400 I am trying to figure out how I can have excel look at the worksheet and find all entries labed Patrick and return the columns already summed. Similar to a vlookup but able to know that if I want the 401k column it should return ...

Apply Rule -- Workflow Process list has missing items
Hi, I was working at applying rules manually. I used to have 3 rules to choose from. Then I had 2, then 1, and now 2 again. The 3 rules exist and have been activated the entire time. The only thing I may have done is refresh (F5) the form while the rule was running. Now it is does not have the entire list of 3 rules to choose from on this item (Order). On all other orders, the list contains 3, but only 2 for this one. Anyone have ANY insight on this behaviour?? I have seen this behaviour once before. I ended up recreating the item (it was a Case, but this time it is an Order). ...

Exchange 5.5 Distribution Lists
I am running in Exchange 5.5/2000 mixed mode and I have noticed that if I change ownership of a distribution list using Exchange Admin, the permissions of that object are not automatically updated (I have to manually give the "owner" the permission needed to add members to the list). Is this some old Exchange 5.5 thing??? ...

Creating an lookup price-list
I am trying to build a lookup list in excel but unable to decide how to proceede ? Let me try to illustrate the problem here: I have a price-list workbook which has data like below: Header Row -> Name Brand Packing Price Data Row 1 -> Horlicks Nestle 500 g $10.00 Data Row 2 -> Britannia Nestle 500 g $3.99 Data Row 3 -> Taj Mahal ITC 250 g $7.78 Data Row 4 -> Seaking Grasim 100 ml $4.23 I want to create another worksheet where users can select Names from a dropdown and automaticall the brand, packaging and price column would be filled. Basically the i...

look up on multiple sheets
i have a workbook made up of about 50 worksheets with same column headers but different row counts. In sheet one is a handfull of user names that could be found on any of the 50 sheets. how do i adjust this array so that it searches through all 50 sheets instead of the 3 columns currently identified in this formula? =MAX(IF((A$2:A$20212=D11)*(B$2:B$20212<=TODAY()),B$2:B$20212)) ...

Multiple excel sheets with same headings
I have 14 sheets with me for 14 different users. Now I want the data to come out of it for each person. The sheets are titled by the names of the individuals. Can MS Query be used for this? If yes, how? If not, then what shall I do? -- mohitmahajan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mohitmahajan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=8130 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470132 ...