Selecting cells using shortcut keys not mouse

Hi,
I am working on a project which does not allow the use of a mouse.

I need to select non-adjacent cells using keyboard only.

This would be the equivalent to selecting cells with the left button whilst
holding down CTRL.

Does anyone know how this can be done?

Thanks. Lynda.

"Griff" <malcolm.berrington@homecall.co.uk> wrote in message
> This would be the equivalent to selecting cells with the left button
whilst
> holding down CTRL.
> Does anyone know how this can be done?

You can press F5 ; then type

C1,E1,A1

, then press Enter. Does that help?

Rgds,
Andy

0
andy.j.brown (443)
4/13/2005 10:52:53 PM
Thank you very much
that is great.
"Andy Brown" <andy.j.brown@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> "Griff" <malcolm.berrington@homecall.co.uk> wrote in message
> > This would be the equivalent to selecting cells with the left button
> whilst
> > holding down CTRL.
> > Does anyone know how this can be done?
>
> You can press F5 ; then type
>
> C1,E1,A1
>
> , then press Enter. Does that help?
>
> Rgds,
> Andy

how can I close a UserForm using a shortcut key ?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C4D528.49737CD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How can I close a UserForm using a shortcut key ? T. I. A. ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C4D528.49737CD0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1">...

Run report on multi selected records.

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

serialization when using reflexion
Hello, My application needs to serialize a class, which was generated with xsd.exe from a XSD. It was working .NET 1.1 and it is working with .NET 2.0 very well. Now I need my assembly to be a plugin, and to be called by reflexion, but I get this Exception: Exception.Message: "There was an error generating the XML document." Exception.InnerException.Message: "Unable to cast object of type 'NMI.STARTi.EDI.Ingram.OrderRequest' to type 'NMI.STARTi.EDI.Ingram.OrderRequest'." The method I'm calling is static (I tried non-static as well) and the class ...

When shading cells using the 'pattern' option, they print in grey.
When trying to print a 'pattern' in cell shading, it prints only as grey-scale solids. Do the patterns not print, or is it "averaging" the pattern into a solid? Printer dpi is 600, and appears as a pattern on Preview. ...

how do I use Microsoft Ooutlook with Yahoo Mail
I use Microsoft Outlook. How do I use Yahoo Mail with the M/O. I do all it says and I still cannot get it to work. Debby Townsend wrote: > I use Microsoft Outlook. How do I use Yahoo Mail with the M/O. I do > all it says and I still cannot get it to work. Unless you have a paid account , or use yahoo UK then you can't. Thank you Gordon. I live in Totola, British Virgin Islands so will need to go into Cable and Wireless to find out what the ISP address is. But how come you can use Outlook Express with an account like Hotmail? Thanks again Debby "Gordon" wrote: &g...

Search Key Not Found while searching in a form
I can search in a table using the "binoculars" with no problem. When I try to do the same in a form, I get the message "search key not found". How do I correct this so I can search in a form? -- Emperial Free Luminesce "blue10liberty" <blue10liberty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE9EA5D0-B5D0-46F0-BA08-70FD646181BD@microsoft.com... > I can search in a table using the "binoculars" with no problem. When I > try to do the same in a form, I get the message "search key not found". > How do I correct...

how do I identify an unfamiliar symbol in an excel cell
The symbol underlined r has appeared in a cell but I cannot get rid of it Strange stuff in a cell might be some kind of picture or other object. Place the cursor on the "thing" and right-click. See if clear or delete shows up as an option. -- Gary''s Student "Yosef2" wrote: > The symbol underlined r has appeared in a cell but I cannot get rid of it is it a symbol or a broken link refference... check insert symbol -- MDOTJ I ----------------------------------------------------------------------- MDOTJR's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member...

How to use MSGP login to authenticate user?
Hi, i have a question and hope someone might be able to answer. i'm writing a program that using MSGP login to authenticate my users. As i know, MSGP store the encrypted password, my program was unable to match the username and password. Is there any way to decrypt the password? thanks. BC no "BC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53b301c49163$187c84e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, i have a question and hope someone might be able to > answer. > i'm writing a program that using MSGP login to > authenticate my users. As i know, MSG...

Select contact then hangs

Selecting rows from various sheets

buggy cell miscalculates SUM function
Cell B19 does not SUM the preceding 5 cells correctly. It gives a valu of 9 when it should be 42. The problem might be with cell B16, which it seems to pass over. TIA Spreadsheet attache Attachment filename: calwin foster care training analysis - demo.xl Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=58266 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try formatting that B16 cell as General and then reenter the value. (excel may have been seeing your value in B16 as text) "lindasf <" wrote: > > Cell B19 does not SUM the preceding 5 cells corr...

Referencing a referenced cell
Sheet1!C4 contains the formula =Sheet2!A1 I want Sheet1!D4 to find out what cell Sheet1!C4 is referencing an then return the value two columns over. (Offset will take care o returning the value two columns over). My problem is I need to kno which cell Sheet1!C$ is referencing. If I use the formul "=OFFSET(Sheet1!C4,0,1)" I get the value from one column to the righ of Sheet1!C4, I need the value of one column to the right of the cel being referenced by Sheet1!C4, (Sheet2!A1) How would I do this. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see your post in Excel.mis...

select text in Calendar

Excel 2000
I used to have this option by right clicking and selecting split. However i don't have it now. I had it on WIN2000 and now I have XP proffesional Hi not possible in Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Roy S" <Roy S@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BE9E61EA-466E-4391-8400-5967977E9325@microsoft.com... > I used to have this option by right clicking and selecting split. However i > don't have it now. I had it on WIN2000 and now I have XP proffesional I bet you're thinking about a table in MSWord???? Roy S wrote: > &g...

Dragging and dropping cells with the keyboard
Is there anyway to drag and drop cells using keyboard shortcuts For example in Word you can highlight text, press F2 and then move the cursor to the desired locatiion and press enter I know you can copy/cut and paste but dragging and dropping cells with formulas maintains cell references without having to input '$' holding signs. This would be particularly helpful for large ranges Thank you for your time Tom You can cut (Ctrl+X), then use the arrow keys to another cell, and paste (Ctrl+V). The original references are maintained. Or, select a cell, and press the F2 key to enter Edi...

Can I use automatic dialing in Outlook if I use a cable modem?
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "salsanstyx" <salsanstyx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85FF5912-B7DA-4E40-9AC6-943A3E9538CF@microsoft.com... | as long as you have a phone line connected to the computer, yes. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tas...

Link select with a blast

Need help pulling data from cells in different workbooks
Hi, let me try and explain this the best I can: say i have a workbook with 2 pages, on the first sheet, in cells C27 C47, C67 and C87 on the Sheet2, I want to make a list. in that list contains data fro cells C27, C47, C67 and C87 from Sheet1 . on sheet2, the list wil look like: List ='Sheet1!C27 ='Sheet1!C47 ='Sheet1!C67 ='Sheet1!C87 Is there any easy way to pull that data without doing each lin individually. I know i can put in the = and pick the cell on the othe sheet, but I have 100's of cells I need to get data from. If i try an copy paste each line, it does...

Select Case in a Change Event

Excel change SUM references if you cut & paste the first cell in SUM...
Hi, A problem came from a user today. Set up: IN A1: " =SUM(A2:A6) " and in A8: " =SUM(A9:A13) " and fill in some figures in A9:A13. Cut A10 and paste it to A4. everything is ok. If I cut A9 you get "Circular Reference error, because the formula in A8 has changed to: " =SUM(A4:A13) " and the old SUM it still there in A8. Why? Should it be that way, and what is the purpose? Any workarounds? /Kind regards I think the developers had to make a decision. The one that they came up with was if you cut a cell out of the middle of a range, then trust the us...

Forms Option control cell
How can I control the value of one cell (A15) based on which option was selected in an optionbox on a form? Thanks, You can use the Click event of each OptionButton, like the following: Private Sub OptionButton1_Click() If OptionButton1.Value Then Range("A15").Value = 1 End If End Sub Private Sub OptionButton2_Click() If OptionButton2.Value Then Range("A15").Value = 2 End If End Sub Private Sub OptionButton3_Click() If OptionButton3.Value Then Range("A15").Value = 3 End If End Sub Or, in a separate procedure S...