Selecting cell with mouse

Hi,

Excel 2000

I have a spreadsheet that allows me to move to cells locked or unlocked with
the cursor but doesn't allow me to use the mouse.  I'd thought that the
range of what could be selected had been restricted using vba but this isn't
the case, I've opened the file and disabled vba and still can't select the
unlocked cells with the mouse.  If I unprotect the worksheet, then all works
as expected.

I'm at a loss!

Any pointed most welcome. Rob

0
anonymous (74719)

I've never seen excel allow you to select a cell with the arrow keys, but not
the mouse.

My first thought was that something is wrong with the mouse (or mouse
driver??).  I'd gently bang on it a couple of times or maybe try another mouse.

(I've read some horror stories that suggest rebooting will fix some mouse
problems--have you tried that?)

--

Dave Peterson
0

This action was on 3 different computers so thinking it's not the mouse.
I've deleted rows and columns and protected but still the mouse won't select
once protection is enabled.

Rob

> I've never seen excel allow you to select a cell with the arrow keys, but
> not
> the mouse.
>
> My first thought was that something is wrong with the mouse (or mouse
> driver??).  I'd gently bang on it a couple of times or maybe try another
> mouse.
>
> (I've read some horror stories that suggest rebooting will fix some mouse
> problems--have you tried that?)
>
> Rob wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Excel 2000
>>
>> I have a spreadsheet that allows me to move to cells locked or unlocked
>> with
>> the cursor but doesn't allow me to use the mouse.  I'd thought that the
>> range of what could be selected had been restricted using vba but this
>> isn't
>> the case, I've opened the file and disabled vba and still can't select
>> the
>> unlocked cells with the mouse.  If I unprotect the worksheet, then all
>> works
>> as expected.
>>
>> I'm at a loss!
>>
>> Any pointed most welcome. Rob
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
anonymous (74719)
9/24/2005 1:21:20 PM
I know a developer can stop selection of cells, but that stops the arrow keys,
too.

I don't have another guess.

Sorry (and good luck).

--

Dave Peterson
0

Run report on multi selected records.

When shading cells using the 'pattern' option, they print in grey.
When trying to print a 'pattern' in cell shading, it prints only as grey-scale solids. Do the patterns not print, or is it "averaging" the pattern into a solid? Printer dpi is 600, and appears as a pattern on Preview. ...

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

how do I identify an unfamiliar symbol in an excel cell
The symbol underlined r has appeared in a cell but I cannot get rid of it Strange stuff in a cell might be some kind of picture or other object. Place the cursor on the "thing" and right-click. See if clear or delete shows up as an option. -- Gary''s Student "Yosef2" wrote: > The symbol underlined r has appeared in a cell but I cannot get rid of it is it a symbol or a broken link refference... check insert symbol -- MDOTJ I ----------------------------------------------------------------------- MDOTJR's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member...

Select contact then hangs

Selecting rows from various sheets

Referencing a referenced cell
Sheet1!C4 contains the formula =Sheet2!A1 I want Sheet1!D4 to find out what cell Sheet1!C4 is referencing an then return the value two columns over. (Offset will take care o returning the value two columns over). My problem is I need to kno which cell Sheet1!C$ is referencing. If I use the formul "=OFFSET(Sheet1!C4,0,1)" I get the value from one column to the righ of Sheet1!C4, I need the value of one column to the right of the cel being referenced by Sheet1!C4, (Sheet2!A1) How would I do this. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see your post in Excel.mis...

buggy cell miscalculates SUM function
Cell B19 does not SUM the preceding 5 cells correctly. It gives a valu of 9 when it should be 42. The problem might be with cell B16, which it seems to pass over. TIA Spreadsheet attache Attachment filename: calwin foster care training analysis - demo.xl Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=58266 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try formatting that B16 cell as General and then reenter the value. (excel may have been seeing your value in B16 as text) "lindasf <" wrote: > > Cell B19 does not SUM the preceding 5 cells corr...

Excel 2000
I used to have this option by right clicking and selecting split. However i don't have it now. I had it on WIN2000 and now I have XP proffesional Hi not possible in Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Roy S" <Roy S@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BE9E61EA-466E-4391-8400-5967977E9325@microsoft.com... > I used to have this option by right clicking and selecting split. However i > don't have it now. I had it on WIN2000 and now I have XP proffesional I bet you're thinking about a table in MSWord???? Roy S wrote: > &g...

select text in Calendar

Dragging and dropping cells with the keyboard
Is there anyway to drag and drop cells using keyboard shortcuts For example in Word you can highlight text, press F2 and then move the cursor to the desired locatiion and press enter I know you can copy/cut and paste but dragging and dropping cells with formulas maintains cell references without having to input '$' holding signs. This would be particularly helpful for large ranges Thank you for your time Tom You can cut (Ctrl+X), then use the arrow keys to another cell, and paste (Ctrl+V). The original references are maintained. Or, select a cell, and press the F2 key to enter Edi...

Link select with a blast

Need help pulling data from cells in different workbooks
Hi, let me try and explain this the best I can: say i have a workbook with 2 pages, on the first sheet, in cells C27 C47, C67 and C87 on the Sheet2, I want to make a list. in that list contains data fro cells C27, C47, C67 and C87 from Sheet1 . on sheet2, the list wil look like: List ='Sheet1!C27 ='Sheet1!C47 ='Sheet1!C67 ='Sheet1!C87 Is there any easy way to pull that data without doing each lin individually. I know i can put in the = and pick the cell on the othe sheet, but I have 100's of cells I need to get data from. If i try an copy paste each line, it does...

Select Case in a Change Event

Excel change SUM references if you cut & paste the first cell in SUM...
Hi, A problem came from a user today. Set up: IN A1: " =SUM(A2:A6) " and in A8: " =SUM(A9:A13) " and fill in some figures in A9:A13. Cut A10 and paste it to A4. everything is ok. If I cut A9 you get "Circular Reference error, because the formula in A8 has changed to: " =SUM(A4:A13) " and the old SUM it still there in A8. Why? Should it be that way, and what is the purpose? Any workarounds? /Kind regards I think the developers had to make a decision. The one that they came up with was if you cut a cell out of the middle of a range, then trust the us...

Forms Option control cell
How can I control the value of one cell (A15) based on which option was selected in an optionbox on a form? Thanks, You can use the Click event of each OptionButton, like the following: Private Sub OptionButton1_Click() If OptionButton1.Value Then Range("A15").Value = 1 End If End Sub Private Sub OptionButton2_Click() If OptionButton2.Value Then Range("A15").Value = 2 End If End Sub Private Sub OptionButton3_Click() If OptionButton3.Value Then Range("A15").Value = 3 End If End Sub Or, in a separate procedure S...

Select Records based another table...

Square cells in Excel
How can I make the ceels in Excel exactly square? There seems to be no fixed relationship between column width and row height. I find a 1:6 relationship coming close, but others state it must be 1:5,29. Is there a formula, setting, or font size dependent relationship to be used? I use the default 12.75 Row Height and a 1.71 Column Width......... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "TH6" <TH6@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E50E57FE-5E2E-4C30-BAB7-8F3282B8EC5F@microsoft.com... > How can I make the ceels in Excel exactly square? There seems to be no fixed &g...

Multi-Select List Box Does Not Retain Selected Items
I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select items in the list box they do not remain select when I select another control on the form. Any suggestions? Did you bind the list box to a keywords field? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "kaykay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:276dd01c4638d$bd5af590$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select > items i...

Tabbing between cells
I am using Excel 97 (at work). I thought that I could enter the information and then hit TAB to go to the next cell to the right. However, when I hit tab, the cells jump ten cells away! How can this be changed? Can it? Or Do I have to live with it until work updates it? Thanks in advance! Kathy L Los Angeles I can say it's not Excel 97 per say, because I use Excel 97 at work as well. A thought. Have you checked 'Tools->Options->Transition-> Untick "Transition Navigation Keys" with Microsoft Excel Menus That's the only thing I can find so far. But I...

VBA
I am very new to VBA and access and have a question regarding a SELECT statement. I am going to run a select (recordset - so I can loop through and process each record) but on my SELECT I want to make sure I return at least 20 rows, otherwise I am going to change my WHERE clause to include more rows. Is there an easy way to do this or do I need to just do an inital SELECT COUNT(*) and then decide which WHERE clause to use?? Do you have an example I can look at? Thank you in advance! AJ On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:14:00 -0800, AJ <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I would not first ...

Drop down list quicker selection
We are using Excel 2003 We created a drop down list using the Data\Validation process, which works fine. When the arrow within a cell is clicked on to show the drop down list, how can you quickly select one of the many names in the list just by typing the first character of a name within the list. At the moment, we have to scroll up and down the list to select a particular name, which in itself isn't a problem, but slows down the process of finding the right name. Can the names within the list be alphabetically grouped when inputting the first character from the keyboard, and spee...